chapter 11

Dangerous Minds

The next day: 

“What are you doing??” Krystal asked as she walked in the office. Rain looked up from his tablet. “I’m trying to figure out exactly what Jong Up’s ability is..” Rain answered as he looked back down at the tablet which showed footage of what happened at the carnival. Krystal nodded as she sat down. “How is he?” Rain asked, looking back at her. Krystal sighed. “Well I couldn’t really check on him because he’s knocked out…Dani tranquilized him with a heavy dosage..so lights out for a while.” Krystal answered. Rain nodded. “Well still..make sure his vitals are—“ Rain was cut off. “I checked and he’s perfectly fine.” Krystal said. Rain sighed as he placed the tablet on the desk. “Okay so this is how it’s gonna go…” Rain paused for a moment. Krystal watched him as he sat there silently as his eyebrows furrowed. Rain nodded at his thoughts and his lips before he continued to speak. “Dana is gonna watch over our new guest while you and Yong guk continue trying to figure out the robbery’s—“ Rain was cut off. “Wait why can’t I watch Jong Up??” Krystal asked. “Because I need a mind like yours…someone who thinks outside of the box…someone who views things from different specific lens.” Rain answered. Krystal sighed. “Okay.” She replied. Rain nodded. “What will you do??” Krystal asked. Rain stood up and spoke. “I will be working with Zelo, Himchan, and Daehyun to see if they have control over their abilities..the faster they learn control…the faster we can work on everything.” Rain answered. Krystal nodded as she stood up. “Now go meet up with Yong guk at the training room.” Rain said. “Another training session?? Aren’t we suppose to focus on—“ Krystal was cut off. "He has something to discuss with you.” Rain said. Krystal sighed. “Of course he does.” Krystal replied. Krystal then exited the room and made her way down to the training area. “You wanted to see me?” Krystal asked as she walked in the room. Yong guk who was throwing punches at the punching back stopped and looked at her. Yong guk walked over to the bench and grabbed something from his duffle bag. “Come here.” Yong guk said. Krystal did as she was told and walked to him. “Here.” He said. “A wrist monitor…wow..” She said, uninterested as she took it from him. Yong guk rolled his eyes in annoyance. “This is sort of a training device—“ Yong guk was cut off. “For??” Krystal asked as she rose her eyebrows. Yong guk sighed. He then grabbed the wrist monitor and put it on her wrist. “It monitors your heart rate.” Yong guk said. Krystal scoffed lightly. “I know what it’s for…I just want to know why I’m getting monitored.” Krystal replied. “It’s a training device so I could check that your keeping your cool at all times.” Yong guk responded. Turning the watch on, Yong guk slightly smiled as he stared at the numbers appearing on the monitor. “Right now your heart rate is in the low 60’s. If it goes up, that means your not keeping your cool—“ Yong guk was cut off. “I still don’t understand what’s this for.” Krystal said. Yong guk sighed. “Krystal this job…is tough…you need to make sure that you’re prepared for anything….you’ll be wearing this monitor from now on until I say you can take it off.” Yong guk tried to explain. Krystal scoffed lightly. “Yong guk I’m prepared—“ Krystal was cut off. “You’re wearing the monitor..and that’s final.” Yong guk said with a serious tone. The two noticed her heart rate spiking up to the low 70’s. “Annoyed??” Yong guk asked as he rose his eyebrows. Krystal looked up at Yong guk and smiled. “.” She replied. Yong guk scoffed. “Stop joking around.” Yong guk said as he walked towards the punching bag. “Who said I was joking??” She asked with a smile as she followed him. 

Jong Up shot straight up from the bed. He was covered in sweat and breathing heavily. He desperately looked all around him, trying to get a sense of where he was. However, all he saw was…darkness. He swung his body to the edge of the bed, planting his feet on the cold floor beneath him. He used the bed to help him get up. His shaking hands went up to his eyes, realizing that there was something covering them. “A blindfold??” Jong Up thought. Jong Up then untied the blindfold. throwing it on the floor. However, he still couldn’t open his eyes. Opticlude eye patches covered his eyes. He peeled them off throwing them on the floor as well. He stood there for a moment still with his eyes closed. He contemplated whether to open them or not, remembering what happened last time. He in-haled and ex-haled slowly and opened them, unleashing his powers. As he falls back onto the bed, the beams rise up to the ceiling as he released a loud scream. Suddenly, Jong Up heard multiple people come into the room as they tried to talk to him. He immediately closed his eyes as he shook his head. He covered his ears and balled up into a ball in fear. “GET AWAY FROM ME!!” Jong Up yelled. “Hey hey hey Jong Up..just listen to the sound of my voice.” Krystal said as she walked closer to the bed. “Don't—“ Yong guk and Rain was cut off. “Shush.” Krystal said looking back at two. “That-that-that voice…it’s familiar..” Jong Up said. Krystal smiled. “You’re the girl-girl from the carnival…” Jong Up stuttered. “That’s right.” Krystal replied as she walked closer. “I’m scared.” Jong Up said his voice trembling. “I know..but it will be okay. Just breath.” Krystal responded. Jong Up nodded as he in-haled and ex-haled slowly. Krystal then reached her hand out to his. However, as soon as contact was made, Jong Up freaked out pulling back away from her. “DON’T!” Jong Up yelled as he started panicking once more. “Jong Up it’s okay—“ Krystal was cut off. “No no no no it’s not!!!“ Jong Up said as his voice trembled. “Move.” Dana said as she walked in the room. “Dana don’t—“ Krystal was cut off when Dana pushed her out of the way. “Please don’t touch me—“ Jong up was cut off when Dana injected him with a tranquilizer. Jong Up then passed out. “Why the hell did you do that?!?” Krystal asked in anger. “I didn’t want to take any chances.” Dana answered simply. Krystal scoffed. “Oh of course you didn’t…You never want to talk!! You just take action—“ Krystal was cut off. “Yes, because that’s what I was trained to do.” Dana said in annoyance. “Maybe you should start thinking instead of just doing!! Now he’s gonna wake up once again scared out of his mind—“ Krystal was cut off. “And until he finally calms down and accesses the situation, he will continue being tranquilized for our safety.” Dana said. “You don’t even care about him!! All you care about is yourself—“ Krystal was cut off once more. “Enough!” Rain said, raising his voice. Krystal looked at Rain. “Dana did what she think was right…now everyone get back to work.” Rain said before exiting the room. Krystal scoffed and looked back at Dana. She clenched her teeth as a smirk appeared on Dana’s face. “Krystal..” Yong Guk called. Krystal looked at Yong guk. “Monitor.” He simply said. Krystal rolled her eyes and looked at her wrist. “95.” She replied. “Wow 95…your heart rate needs to be resting at all times…you know…being able to keep your cool under any situation…looks like you failed.” Dana said. Krystal glared at Dana as she watched her exit the room.

1 hour later: 

“Hey Rain.” Krystal called as she followed him into the office. Rain sighed as he ran his hand down his face. “What is it Krystal?” Rain asked as he leaned against his desk. “The containment room wasn’t able to keep Jong Up’s powers under control…what’s with that??” Krystal asked rapidly. “I don’t know..maybe it’s because he’s different.” Rain answered. “But I thought it’s made up of adaptive material so it could contain all sorts of powers—“ Krystal was cut off. “Krystal to be honest I have no idea what’s going on with him..and frankly…I don’t care at the moment because we have more important matters like the robbery which is what you’re suppose to be working on with Yong guk right now.” Rain said. Krystal remained silent, looking at Rain as she crossed her arms around her chest. “But I thought all legions are important.” Krystal replied. “They are—“ Rain was cut off. “You’re not acting like they are.” Krystal said as she rose her eyebrows. “Krystal please—“ Rain was cut off once more. “We need to help him.” Krystal said. “And we will but after we deal with the—“ Rain was cut off once again. “Okay if you don’t want to help him right now…fine….but I will….Dana will help Yong Guk with the robberies…I’ll help Jong Up.” Krystal said before she walked out of the room. “Krystal?” Yong guk called as he walked down the hallway. Krystal ignored him and walked passed. “Hey.” Yong guk said as he grabbed her hand, stopping her. Krystal looked back at him. “What’s wrong?” He asked. “Why would you think there’s something wrong?” She asked back. Yong guk looked down at the wrist monitor. “Your hear rate is at 100.” Yong guk answered simply. Krystal scoffed lightly, pulling her hand back away from him. “We’re here to help legions right??” Krystal asked. “Of course.” Yong guk answered. “Okay then why are we focusing on this stupid robbery instead of helping Jong Up who almost killed dozens of people just because he couldn’t control his powers??” Krystal asked as her eyebrows furrowed. Yong guk sighed. He looked at Krystal as he remained silent for a moment. He his lips before he spoke. “You’re not gonna let this go are you??” Yong guk asked. Krystal shook her head. A sigh escaped his lips. “Okay…we’ll focus on Jong Up.” Yong guk said. A bright smile appeared on her face. “And THEN...we’ll focus on the robbery.” Yong guk finished. Krystal nodded. “Of course.” Krystal replied. The two then began walking together. “Okay so what do you think his powers are??” Krystal asked. “Well at first I thought it was heat vision but…it doesn’t seem that the beams shooting out of his eyes emits any heat…I mean..if it were heat vision he would..burn stuff not—“ Yong guk was cut off. “knock down something.” Krystal said. Yong guk nodded. “So…it’s some sort of energy blast that can cause concussive damage with effects like a slight push or…a hard it which caused the ferris wheel to be knocked down.” Krystal said. “Okay so…what do we do to…keep it under control??” Yong guk asked. Krystal looked at Yong guk. “I don’t know.” Krystal answered. 

Note: I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter~ Please comment on what you think :)