chapter 5

Dangerous Minds

Krystal sighed as she sat in Rain’s office. “Krystal…” Rain called as he stared at her. She looked at him as he leaned on his desk. “Stealing from Yong-guk…really?…” He said in aggravation. “W-well..I wouldn’t consider it stealing—“ Krystal was cut off. “Okay..then what would you call that huh?” He asked. Krystal looked at her fingers as she played with them. “Borrowing..” She answered innocently. Rain scoffed. Before Rain could even reply, the door opened. “Ah Yong-guk..” Rain said as he looked at Yong-guk. Sighing, Yong-guk spoke. “You called?” Yong-guk asked as he walked in, closing the door behind him. Rain nodded. “Krystal.” Rain called. Krystal looked at Rain. She sighed before she stood up, turning to Yong-guk. “I’m sorry I took your key card..” She said. “And?” Rain replied. Krystal crossed her arms around her chest as she rolled her eyes. “And for ease dropping…” She finished. Yong-guk scoffed. “It doesn’t sound like you’re being sincere—“ Yong-guk was cut off. “I’m sorry okay!!! I don't usually do this but..It’s just how can I exactly trust you and him and everything else when I’m basically not told anything!” Krystal said in aggravation. “What are you talking about?? We told you everything—“ Yong-guk was cut off. “Really?? The only thing you told me was that I’m a legion..you told me what legions are, you told me that you get them here and you train them…but what I don’t know…is what happens after??..do we get kicked out?…are we sent somewhere else?….a-and what happens to those who are not good??..I mean I know there are some legions who don’t give a about anything or anyone but themselves...so what happens to them?” Krystal questioned rapidly. Rain and Yong-guk glanced at each other. “You ask a lot of questions.” Rain said in frustration. Krystal sighed. “I ask because I want to know if I could trust the both of you…i want to know if i should stay here and do what you tell me to do…I want to know if I’m safe here..” Krystal responded as her eyebrows furrowed. Rain looked at Krystal. “You’re being cautious…” Rain replied. After thinking for a moment, Rain spoke again. “Krystal, please leave the room for a moment…” Rain said. Krystal sighed and did as she was told. Both Rain and Yong-guk watched her as she left the room, closing the door. Yong-guk looked back at Rain. “What’s the matter?” Yong-guk asked. “She’s perfect Yong-guk..” Rain answered. Yong-guk looked at Rain in confusion. “What the are you talking about—“ Yong-guk was cut off. “Okay, first of all..Language…secondly…she’s cautious..although she is a little bit reckless…she thinks..she comes up with questions that no one wants to ask…she’s perfect for the team.” Rain said. Yong-guk sighed. “Okay…but like I said she’s not ready for the field..” Yong-guk replied. Rain looked at Yong-guk. “Bring Krystal, Daehyun, Zelo….and Himchan to the training area..” Rain ordered. Yong-guk sighed in frustration. “Alright..I’ll bring them..” He said, giving up. 

Krystal and Yong-guk walked in the training room. “So…where is everyone?” Krystal asked as she followed Yong-guk to the middle of the room. “They’re coming.” Yong-guk answered. Krystal nodded. Yong-guk stopped causing Krystal to bump into him. Turning around, Yong-guk looked down at her. “Sorry..” She muttered but Yong-guk heard. Yong-guk sighed as he moved back a little to put space between them. “I don’t know what Rain is thinking…” Yong-guk paused. Krystal looked at him in confusion. “Putting this team together…it’s crazy…none of you are fully trained…especially you..I mean you can’t even properly throw a punch.” Yong-guk finished. Krystal scoffed. “I can throw a punch—“ Krystal was cut off by Yong-guk scoffing. “Krystal You’re not a fighter…you wouldn’t even hit me in the face only until I got you angry… the only thing you have is a smart mouth.” Yong-guk said. Krystal crossed her arms around her chest as she glared at Yong-guk. “You don’t know me—“ Krystal was cut off. “Yes, Krystal..I know you…a lot actually… you’re impatient…you question everything…you can’t sit still for at least five minutes—“ Yong-guk was cut off. “That’s only on the surface.” Krystal said. Yong-guk scoffed once more. “Reading your therapy files, I learned a lot…you’re childish..you tend to boast about your intelligence.. you’re somewhat cocky and you get easily obsessive…you have no problem in being super honest…but under all that…you’re just a scared little kid…a kid who hates being alone….a kid who prefers to run away instead of fighting—“ Yong-guk was cut off when Krystal walked to him, pushing him back. “Just because you read my files, doesn’t mean you know everything!!! YOU KNOW NOTHING!!!” Krystal said in anger as she pushed him. Yong-guk scoffed as he watched her push him. “Krystal what are you doing?!? You can’t fight me—“ Yong-guk was cut off. “Yes I can!!” Krystal said as she pushed him back. Yong-guk watched as she ruffled her hair with anger. Yong-guk slightly chuckled. Krystal looks at him. She tries to fight with him however, Yong-guk laughs at her. “Krystal, you can’t fight me…you’re miniature…you fight like a hamster.” Yong-guk said as he laughed. Krystal groaned in anger as she stopped. Yong-guk stops laughing. “Okay…you want to fight?…hit me.” Yong-guk said. Krystal swung at him but Yong-guk immediately dodged it. He swung his hand, causing her to fly back. She fell to the ground. She smacked the ground with her hands as she looked at Yong-guk. Getting up, she breathed heavily. She stared at him with rage. She screamed as her wings sprouted. Yong-guk stared at her with wide eyes as she ran to him. She tackled him to the ground and began punching him repeatedly. “Alright alright, That’s enough!!” A familiar voice yelled. Krystal stopped. She stared at Yong-guk as she breathed rapidly and heavily.  “Can you please get off me??” Yong-guk asked as he groaned in pain. 

Krystal’s wings disappeared as she got up. She turned around, noticing four people standing there. Krystal sighed in frustration. She looked at Yong-guk as he stood up. “Sorry..” She said. Yong-guk looked at her as his eyebrows furrowed. “Why are you apologizing??” Yong-guk asked. Krystal sighed under her breath. “I don’t really like violence..” She answered. Yong-guk scoffed. “You guys finished?” Rain asked as he walked to them, being followed by the other two males. Krystal and Yong-guk looked at them. “Yeah..” They answered simultaneously. “She is so bad .” Himchan said with a smirk. Glancing at each other, the two scoffed. “Okay, what am I doing here?” Daehyun asked. Zelo nodded. “Yeah, what are we doing here?” Zelo asked as well. Rain sighed. “Okay…before you guys refuse…I’m mainly talking about Daehyun and Himchan…but please..hear me out…” Rain said. They all nodded. “I want to create a team.” Rain said. Daehyun looked at Yong-guk remembering when Yong-guk asked him about a team. “A team?..for what?” Krystal asked. Rain sighed. “Yong-guk alone cannot deal with everything out there…and I’m running out of options..in fact this is the only option I have…I know you guys aren’t ready to go out there..I know some of you hate your abilities but…I really need you guys…” Rain answered. “What do we have to do?” Zelo asked in confusion. “Well…there are legions out there who aren’t as kind as any of you in this room…that prefer to do harm than good…and that’s why I need a team…to contain them—“ Rain was cut off. “Contain them here?” Krystal asked. “We’re building containment cells for them—“ Rain was cut off once again. “And how do you expect us to capture them?” Himchan asked. “You guys would go out there with Yong-guk and..hopefully you all will work as team and try to bring legions here…good..or bad..they all come here…” Rain answered. “Okay…but why us?” Zelo asked. Yong-guk sighed. “You all know we read your files—“ Yong-guk was cut off by Krystal scoffing. “Yeah, which is a total invasion of privacy but whatever..” Krystal said as she crossed her arms around her chest. Yong-guk rolled his eyes. “Anyway…you each display qualities to be a perfect team…” Yong-guk finished. Daehyun scoffed.

 “Like what?” He asked. Rain looked at Daehyun. “For example…Himchan will not hesitate to take any kind of risk—“ Rain was cut off. “That’s true.” Himchan said as he ex-haled. Daehyun scoffed. “Daehyun..you have the heart of a warrior..” Rain paused. He looked at Krystal. “Krystal…you’re cautious and reserved in decision making…and if it happens that you take a risk..it will be a calculated risk…” Rain paused once more.He looked at Zelo. “Zelo..you display a headstone, undying loyalty towards those you care for..even if it costs you trouble…” Rain paused again. He looked at Yong-guk. “And Yong-guk…you’re the bravest man I ever seen….you would take any dangerous tasks without complaint…all of you are amazing in your own way…which is why I need you..” Rain finished. Yong-guk sighed. “So are guys in?” Yong-guk asked. They all looked at each other. “I’m in.” Krystal said. Yong-guk and Rain nodded. “What about you Zelo?” Yong-guk asked. Zelo looked at him. “I mean…yeah…I would love to help…” Zelo answered. “Himchan?” Yong-guk called. Himchan looked at Rain. As he shrugged, Himchan spoke. “Sure, whatever…” Himchan said. Everyone then looked at Daehyun who stood there, staring at the floor. “Are you in Daehyun?” Rain asked. Daehyun looked at all of them. A sigh escaped his lips. “Okay..I’m in.” Daehyun answered as he sighed. Rain smiled. “Thank you…all of you…” Rain said with a smile. “I just have one question..” Krystal said. They all looked at her in confusion. “Is Yong-guk the leader?? Because if he is, I’m out. I can’t take orders from someone who’s such a .” Krystal said causing everyone but Yong-guk to laugh. Yong-guk glared at Krystal. He looked back at Rain, ignoring her. Crossing his arms around his chest, Yong-guk spoke. “Okay, so what about Dana?” Yong-guk asked. Rain sighed. “Who’s Dana?” Krystal asked. “His hot sister.” Himchan answered with a smirk. Krystal looked at Yong-guk. “You have a sister??” Krystal asked as her eyebrows rose. Yong-guk sighed. “Yes…and Himchan..don’t you ever say that again.” Yong-guk said in frustration. Krystal giggled. “Dana will be join the team too.” Rain said. They all nodded.  “Okay okay…one more question…so are we basically a super hero team now??” Krystal asked with a bright smile. All of them but Krystal slightly chuckled at her cuteness. “Yeah..sort of.” Rain answered. 

Krystal and Yong-guk both walked down the hall way. “Sorry…” Yong-guk said. Krystal glanced at Yong-guk. “For what?” She asked. “Well…for saying I  know you..when I really only know what’s on the papers…” Yong-guk answered. Krystal nodded. “It’s okay..” She replied. Yong-guk nodded. “You’re right, you know.” She said. Yong-guk looked at in confusion. “What are you talking about?” He asked. “I do boast about my intelligence…because I’m pretty smart…” Krystal paused due to Yong-guk chuckling. “I do get cocky…and sometimes obsessive…” Krystal finished. Yong-guk nodded. “So..tell me something I don’t know about…that is not In your file.” Yong-guk responded. Krystal stopped and looked at Yong-guk causing him to stop as well. He looked at her. Krystal sighed. “My favorite color is black..even though people say it’s not a color but who cares…I uh..hate lying…um..sometimes I let my intelligence and over thinking get the best of me..which leads to bad things happening..uh it’s either I hate you..or I don’t you..it’s usually never in between..but some people are on and off…” Krystal paused. She slightly chuckled. “I um..still watch kid shows…like sponge bob or the power puff girls or rugrats..some of these shows don’t play anymore—“ Krystal was cut off. “Okay okay I get it.” Yong-guk said as he chuckled. Krystal smiled. “What about you?” She asked. Yong-guk looked at her. “What about me?” He asked back. Krystal scoffed. “I mean..I know nothing about you.” She replied. Yong-guk sighed. “Well…I’m a pretty simple guy. I uh..don’t really care for anything..” Yong-guk responded. Krystal scoffed once more. “...I’m pretty sure that’s a lie.” Krystal said. “Why you say that?” Yong-guk asked. Krystal looked at Yong-guk. “Because..even though your a to me…and probably to everyone else…you still care…and you also save lives almost everyday..and I know you wouldn’t do that just because Rain ordered you too.” Krystal answered. Yong-guk scoffed. “Whatever...” He said. Krystal was silent for a moment. “Do you think Rain is right about making this team?” Krystal asked. Yong-guk sighed. “No..it’s stupid…none of you are ready to out there..you have no control over your wings..Daehyun hates his abilities…Zelo is struggling with his abilities…Himchan is just…Himchan..” Yong-guk answered. Krystal nodded. “But what if we do good…what if we’re capable of saving lives…what if we could do more than what you could ever do alone…what if we become an ultimate team…what if we become…heroes?” Krystal asked. Yong-guk looked at her. “If you guys are willing to do that…to save lives…to do good….then I say we go for it…” Yong-guk answered. Krystal smiled as the two stared at each other’s eyes. “You care about us…about everyone…you care about what happens to us…about what we do…about how we do it…you care about people you don’t even know…because you believe it’s your duty to save them…to protect them…and I’m in…we’re all in…we want to do this..we want to help you..” Krystal paused. She walked to Yong-guk as they still stared at each other’s eyes. “So let us..” She said as she placed her hand on his arm. 

Note: Hope you guys like this chapter!!! And please comment on what you guys think about it!! Love you guys!! :)