chapter 14

Dangerous Minds

Krystal barged in her apartment trying to catch her breath. She closed the door behind her and leaned against it. She closed her eyes tightly as she placed her hand on her chest. All she could hear were the whispers bombarding her mind from earlier. {“She’s a freak” “She’s one of them!” “What the hell is she?!?” “She’s not human!!”} Krystal shook her head, smacking her head a couple of times. “I’m guessing you didn’t want no one to know.” A familiar voice said, causing her eyes to shoot right open. “How-how did you find me??” She asked as she breathed heavily. “I followed you.” He answered simply. Krystal scoffed. “You threw me off the freaking roof!” Krystal said, raising her voice in anger. “I wasn’t going to let you die.” He replied as he began walking around eyeing the apartment. Krystal’s eyebrows rose as she watched him walk around. “So that was just entertainment for you??” Krystal asked. “I was just checking if you were like me.” He answered. “And if I wasn’t??” She asked. He sighed, frustrated with Krystal already. ‘Then I would’ve saved you before you go…splat.” He said, looking at her at the end. Krystal remained silent as she eyed him. “You’re stealing money.” She said as she carefully followed him around the apartment. He stopped and looked her causing her to stop as well. “So what…you’re a cop?” he asked. Krystal remained silent.

“No no no..you strike me more of a person who would break laws as well.” He said before he began to walk again. Krystal looked at him. “You don’t know me.” She replied. “Yeah..you’re right…I could be wrong.” He responded. Krystal watched him as he looked around. “So.” She said. “So?” He replied as he rose his eyebrows. “Why that specific amount?” Krystal asked. “They should be grateful…when I was younger, i actually took a lot more…” He said as he walked around. “You didn’t answer my question…” Krystal paused for a moment. She in-haled and ex-haled. “Why did you take a specific amount of money?” She asked. He looked at Krystal as he stopped walking. "I felt bad.” He answered simply. Krystal scoffed as she crossed her arms around her chest. “You really expect me to believe that?” Krystal asked. The guy shrugged. “You don’t have to..But it’s the truth…” He answered.  Krystal looked at him as he ex-haled. “My turn to ask a question.” He said as he begun to walk around once again. “Go ahead.” Krystal replied. “Why are you trying to find me?” He asked as he looked at her. Krystal scoffed. “Wow for a guy who’s robbing banks..you’re quite an air head…you’re a criminal..obviously.” She answered. 

He released a chuckle. “Fair enough.” He said. Krystal looked down. “One more question..” He paused for a moment. Krystal looked up at him as he begun to walk to her. As he did, Krystal started taking steps back. “If you’re not a cop…then what are you?” He asked as he walked closer to her. Krystal slightly gasped as her back hit against the wall. Before Krystal could even reply, the front door slammed open. “Krystal?!?—“ Yong guk stopped talking as he walked in upon seeing the guy. Immediately Yong guk swung his hand in anger causing the guy to be slammed to another wall. Yong guk ran to Krystal. “Are you okay?!? Did he hurt you?!?” Yong guk asked rapidly. Krystal shook her head. Yong guk turned around looking for the guy only to realize that he already teleported himself out of there. Yong guk looked at Krystal. “Why didn’t you call me?!?” Yong guk asked. “I was just—“ Krystal was cut off. “You’re so stupid Krystal I can’t with you!!” He said in frustration. “He came out of no where what was I suppose to do huh?!?” She asked raising her tone. “Call me!! That’s what you’re suppose to do!!” He answered. “And he would’ve just disappeared again!!” She responded. “Oh just like he did now?!?” Yongguk said in sarcasm. Krystal remained silent. “You could’ve gotten hurt Krystal—“ Yongguk was cut off. “But I didn’t.” She said. “But you could’ve!!!” He replied, raising his voice. “Why do you care anyway, you literally had gotten me shot—“ Krystal was cut off.

“OF COURSE I CARE!! I CARE FOR EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU ON THIS GODDAM TEAM!!” Yong guk yelled causing Krystal to flinch. Krystal remained silent as she watched Yongguk pace around back and forth. “Do you know how worried I was when you disappeared with that maniac??” Yongguk asked, looking at her. “I’m..I’m sorry…” Krystal muttered loud enough that he heard. Yongguk ex-haled heavily as he halted. “What happened?” He asked. Krystal gulped before she opened to speak. “He..teleported to the stairwell in the bank..and then ran up to the roof…I followed..but…I couldn’t fight him..” She said. ‘Why not?” He asked as his eyebrows rose. “My vision was disoriented…there was this ringing in my ears..my balance wasn’t fully there…he said that’s what happens when it’s your first time teleporting..” She answered. Nodding his head, Yongguk opened his mouth to speak. “And then?” He replied. “And then he threw me off the roof—“ Krystal was cut off. “He what?!?” He asked, raising his voice. “He said he wanted to find out if I was a legion….” Krystal paused for a moment. She in-haled and ex-haled heavily. “People saw me with my wings and I..panicked..I came here and he followed me..” She finished. 

The two sat silently in front of Rain as he stared at the two. “So let me get this straight…the guy came to the bank just like Krystal predicted..he got the jump on you escaping but then..he came to Krystal’s apartment where she ran to because people saw her with her um..with her wings..and the two of you just chatted…and then Yongguk barged in slammed in against the wall and he disappeared—“ Rain was cut off. “I-I slammed him against another wall at the bank.” Yongguk said awkwardly. Rain looked at Yongguk, glaring at him. “So over all you two lost him.” Rain replied. Krystal and Yongguk remained silent. Rain sighed. Looking at Krystal, Rain spoke. “You’re gonna describe the guy to Yongguk.” Rain said.  “Why? What would that accomplish?” Krystal asked.  “So Yongguk can draw him.” Rain answered. Krystal looked at Yongguk. “Wait a minute you can draw?” Krystal asked, raising her eyebrows. Yongguk looked up at her.  “He clearly just stated that I do...don’t you even listen?” Yongguk replied with aggravation written in his tone.  Krystal scoffed. “I want you two to stop bickering.” Rain said, catching their attention. “We’re not bickering.” Yongguk responded. Rain slightly smiled. “Yeah sure you aren’t…look guys we have a lot of work to do…we have to get everything together…so please…learn how to work together….without all of this childish nonsense.” Rain explained.

Krystal and Yongguk nodded. “Great. Now get to work.” Rain ordered. The two stood up and began making their way out of Rain’s office. “Yongguk.” Rain called. Yongguk halted as turning around. “When you’re done, I would like to talk.” Rain said. Yongguk nodded. “Yeah sure.” He replied before he left. Krystal and Yongguk stayed in the lounge for quite some time. Yongguk held tightly onto the notebook as he erased yet another part of the drawing. Krystal bit into her apple as she watched him redraw the part glancing over his shoulder. “Yes! That’s it!” She said enthusiastically. Yongguk stared at the drawing. “He looks a bit young. 20 maybe?” He asked. Krystal eyed the drawing. “Why would a 20 year old rob banks?” Krystal asked. “You said he told you he stole from banks before…” Yongguk paused as he looked up at her. Krystal nodded. “Then the question is why hasn’t he stopped…he’s probably a billionaire by now by the amount that he keeps taking.” Yongguk finished. Krystal sighed as she thought for a moment. “We’ll ask him when he’s in a containment cell. For now..let’s just scan this.” She responded as she took the notebook from him. 

Note: I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!! Please comment on what you think~ I will be replying. :) Until next time guys~