chapter 10

Dangerous Minds

3 weeks later: 

“Jong Up, let’s go!!” His mother said in excitement. Jong Up sighed, grabbing his jacket. He walked out his room, closing the door behind him. As he walked down the stairs, he spoke. “I’m coming..” Jong Up said replied. His mother looked at her son as he walked to her. “Honey are you okay?...Are the headaches back??” His mother asked beginning to worry. Jong Up looked at his mother. Shaking his head, Jong Up spoke. “Yeah I’m fine mom...I’m just a little tired..” Jong Up lied releasing a smile. His mother nodded believing him. “Okay...well we’re meeting your cousins at the carnival today.” His mother responded. Jong Up nodded. “Okay, I’m just gonna get a water bottle before we go.” Jong Up responded before he headed to the kitchen. Walking to the fridge, Jong Up opened it. Grabbing the water bottle, he closed the fridge. After he took a sip, he closed it, placing it on the counter. He rubbed his temples as he was groaning in pain. “Jong Up!” His mother yelled from down the hall. Jong Up sighed, grabbing the bottle of water. “Coming!” Jong Up said as he headed to her. The two exit the house and walked to the car. Jong Up put on his sunglasses due to the the bright sun. “You okay?” His mother asked. Jong Up nodded, lying to her once again. The two entered the car and his mother immediately started it. “Put on your seat belt.” His mother ordered. Jong Up nodded doing as he was told. “You too mom.” He said. His mother smiled. “i Know I know.” She replied as she put on her seat belt as well. After that, his mother began to drive to the carnival. After a while, they finally made it. His mother parked the car and the two immediately got out. “Remember, you have’t seen your cousins in years…so be polite.” His mother said. Jong Up nodded. “Yeah yeah..” Jong Up replied. As they entered the carnival, they looked around trying to spot their family. “Oh!! There they are!!” His mother said in excitement walking towards them. Jong Up immediately followed her. 

“I’m not gonna fight you.” Krystal said. Yong guk slightly smiled. “It’s not fighting…it’s training.” Yong guk said as he threw the gloves at her. Krystal scoffed as she began to put them on. “We finally have a night off and this is what you wanna do??” Krystal asked. Yong guk watched as Krystal as she paced back and forth, putting on her gloves. “I mean..we could be watching a movie or eating a 3 boxes of pizza..oh I don’t know maybe something that’s not this.” Krystal said in annoyance as she began to stretch her legs out. Yong guk smiled. “I need to blow off some steam..and you need to train harder if you’re gonna continue going out in the field.” Yong guk replied. Krystal rolled her eyes. Standing up, Krystal began to walk towards Yong guk. “Okay look..don’t be afraid to hit me—“ Yong guk was cut off when Krystal threw a perfect jab at his face. Yong guk looked at her as things around the room slightly shook. “No powers. Okay? Just you and me. I mean come on…you can move things with your mind and I have wings…that’s unfair.” Krystal said with a slight smile. The two circled around for a moment, waiting for the right time to attack. Krystal gestured him to come at her. A smirk appeared on Yong guk’s face. He then threw a punch, however, Krystal blocked it with her left hand. She quickly tried to elbow him but Yong guk blocked it with his right hand causing Krystal to swing, however, Yong guk dodged that as well. “You’re getting better…is this how you’re spending your free time?” Yong guk asked as they once again began to circle around. “What free time?” She asked back. Quickly they continued sparring without using their abilities for a while. The pair proved to be almost equally matched. Krystal then managed to flip Yong guk over and pin him to the ground. Yong guk looked at Krystal as she laid on top of him. One leg between his while the other is around his left leg. The two breathed heavily as they stared at each other’s eyes. “You did good.” Yong guk said. “You’re not so bad yourself.” Krystal replied. Their heated moment was cut off when someone spoke. “I’m sorry for interrupting but..we need to talk.” Rain said. The two looked at Rain who had just walked in. Krystal immediately stood up and helped Yong guk up as well.

“Mom…I think there’s something seriously wrong with my eyes.” Jong Up said as he was blinking furiously trying to fix the problem. “There’s probably something in them…let me see.” His mother said. “No it’s okay..you stay here with everyone and I’m just gonna go to the bathroom to check them.” Jong Up replied. His mother looked at him with worry eyes. “Are you sure?” She asked. Jong Up nodded. “okay…” She muttered loud enough for him to hear. Jong Up then walked off, heading to the bathroom. He ran to the mirror starring at his reflection. He noticed a visible red color glowing from his eyes. “What the hell..” Jong Up muttered. Jong Up tried to leave however, he halted due to him closing his eyes because of the humungous headache he had. Jong Up massaged his temples as he groaned in pain. “What’s wrong with me??” Jong Up muttered. A loud scream was heard as someone exited a stall, causing Jong Up to jump. “WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU ERT?!?” A woman yelled as she began to hit him with her purse. “I’m-I’m sorry!! I didn’t know this was the girls bathroom!” Jong Up said rapidly as he tried to block all the hits. As she backed Jong Up to wall, he closed his eyes out of discomfort. He felt as if someone was poking his eyes. Shaking his head, Jong Up begged the woman to stop hitting him. However, she refused to stop as she found it disgusting that he was in the women’s bathroom. “GET OFF OF MY SON!” Jong Up’s mother yelled as she ran to the two. “This is your son?!? You should be ashamed of him!!!” The woman said in anger. “It was a mistake!! Mistakes happen all the time!!” His mother replied. Jong Up winced in pain as he clutched onto his head. “Guys..” He muttered. However, they couldn’t hear him due to them arguing with one another. Jong Up who could no longer hold it, pushed the two away from him. He then released a scream ashis legion powers erupted from his eyes as an uncontrollable blast of optic force. 

Krystal and Yong guk followed Rain into his office. “So what’s up?” Yong guk asked. “Another bank was robbed last night.”  Rain answered. The two looked at each other before looking at Rain. “Are you sure it was the same guy—“ Yong guk was cut off. “He or she left no trance…no fingerprints…no mistakes…there’s no way to track em.” Rain said. Yong guk sighed. “You know..I just wish that the person stealing all this money would just…give me some..” Krystal said jokingly. Rain and Yong guk both looked at her with the are-you-serious face. She noticed how the two stared at her and so she awkwardly smiled. “I’m guessing it’s the wrong time to joke around…” Krystal said awkwardly. Before anyone could say anything, a loud siren surrounded the room. “What the hell is that??” Yong guk asked in confusion as he was about to panic. “Don’t panic..this just means that a new legion may have appeared.” Krystal answered. Yong guk looked at Krystal. “Okay maybe you do need to panic.” Krystal said. Before anyone could say anything else, Dana came in running. “Guys there’s a new legion.” Dana said. “Yeah we got the memo.” Krystal replied, referring to the loud siren in the room. Rain then turned off the siren. “You guys need to go..now!” Rain ordered. The three nodded and began heading out. “Wait…you two are gonna go like that??…you guys are covered in sweat…that’s disgusting.” Dana asked. The two halted and looked at Dana. “We’re trying to help people…it doesn’t really matter how we look.” Krystal replied. “Yeah..what she said.” Yong guk said gesturing at Krystal. Dana scoffed as the three began to run, heading outside to the car. They immediately got in and put on their seat belt. Dana’s phone then rang. Picking up, Rain immediately spoke through it. “The legion is at the Seoul Carnival.” Rain said. Yong guk turned not he car and immediately drove. After a while, they finally made it to the scene. As they searched for him, everyone ran away out of fear. “There he is!” Dana said pointing at him. Dana immediately ran to him. “Hey hey hey…open your eyes…I can help.” Dana said rapidly. “I-I can’t!!” He stuttered.

“What are you talking about?? I can help…just listen to me and open your eyes.” Dana said. As Jong Up began to open his eyes, Yong guk screamed. “NOOOOOO!!” Yong guk yelled. He used his telekineses, throwing Jong Up back; trying to protect Dana. However, it only caused more damage as Jong Up’s blast demolished a ferris wheel. As the ferris wheel began to fall, people who were on it, screamed in fear. Yong guk immediately held his hands up, using his telekineses to stop it from falling. “Go help him, I'll deal with this!!” Yong guk said, looking at Krystal. She nodded and immediately ran towards him. “Hey..what’s your name??” Krystal asked. Jong Up who was scared out of his mind breathed heavily as he tried to get up. “Hey guy! What’s your name??” Krystal asked once more. “J-Jong Up.” He stuttered. Krystal nodded. “Okay Jong Up..Just keep your eyes closed..everything will be fine.” Krystal said. Jong Up shook his head as he breathed rapidly. “Where’s my mom?!? I need my mom!!” Jong Up said in panic. “Jong Up it’s okay—“ Krystal was cut off by the sound of the ferris wheel when Yong guk managed to place it down carefully. “What was that?!?” Jong Up asked in panic. “It was the ferris wheel you took down.” Krystal answered. Jong Up shook his head as he clutched onto it. “F-ferris wheel?!? I took down a ferris wheel?!?” Jong Up asked in panic. “Jong up stay with me, okay?…look I know you’re scared and your world is being turned upside down but believe it or not a lot of people have been through this....I can help.” Krystal said in a calming voice. “What’s happening to me?? One minute everything was fine and then…it wasn’t..” Jong Up replied with a trembling voice. “Listen to me…it’s gonna be okay…just keep your eyes closed…we’re gonna get through this.” Krystal said, grabbing his hand. Krystal felt Jong Up’s hand shaking. She knew he was scared. Before she could say anything, Dana shot him with a tranquilizer causing him to immediately drop on the ground. Krystal looked at Dana. “I was getting through to him.” Krystal said. “He just took down a ferris wheel by opening his eyes…I didn’t want to take any chances.” Dana replied.