chapter 7

Dangerous Minds

Yong-guk drove the car. Krystal who was sitting in the back, held on tightly. “Woah slow down!!” Krystal said. “Oh so you want me to lose him!!” Yong-guk said in frustration as he drove. Krystal scoffed. Dana who was sitting in the front, ignored the two. “Rain which way?!?” Dana asked. “Yong-guk make a left.” Rain answered over the phone. Yong-guk did as he was told and made a sharp left turn. Down the street, you could see a crowd of people running in fear including the Cops. “Yong-guk we got a problem!!” Rain said over the phone. “What’s wrong?!?” Yong-guk asked rapidly. “There’s not just one legion…there’s two.” Rain answered. Before Yong-guk could even do anything, a man stood in the middle of the street, noticing their speeding car. He faced his back towards the car, getting one knee. He touched the concrete with his right hand, turning into concrete. Yong-guk tried to stop the car but he failed miserable.He caused Yong-guk to crash. The car flipped over and slid down the street. The car finally went to a halt. “Is everyone okay???” Yong-guk asked as he clutched on his head. “Yeah..I’m okay..” Krystal answered as she touched her head. She looked at her hand seeing blood. Yong-guk looked to right, noticing his sister was unconscious. He immediately managed to get out of the car, going to his sister side. He checked for a pulse. He sighed in relief. “Is she okay??” Krystal asked as she unbuckled her seat belt. Yong-guk nodded. “She’s just knocked out.” Yong-guk answered. As Krystal crawled out of the car, she spoke. “See…this is why you don’t drive fast..” Krystal muttered in annoyance. Finally getting on her feet, she noticed a man walking towards them. “Yong-guk…” She said. However, he didn’t hear due to the screaming he heard by the crowds of people. Krystal could not move as she was filled with fear. Before Krystal could even move, she felt a figure pushing her to the side. She looked up noticing it was Yong-guk. He rose his hand, using his powers, making the man fly back. “Take Dana and go!” Yong-guk said before he left her side. Krystal immediately did as she was told. She held Dana up and began to walk. She kept glancing at Yong-guk as he fought the guy making sure he was alright. 

Yong-guk fought he man, using his powers. However, the guy was strong. The guy grabbed Yong-guk throwing him, making him slam into a car. Yong-guk screamed in pain as he tried to get up. Krystal held Dana as she walked, trying to get out of this. She looked glanced back at Yong-guk noticing that he was hurt. Krystal hid Dana behind a car, laying her down. “I’ll be back..” Krystal said. She was about to go but stopped. “It’s not like you could hear me..” She said realizing that. She made her way towards Yong-guk, getting passed the crowd. “Hey…are you okay??” Krystal asked, aiding him. Yong-guk nodded. “Where’s Dana??” Yong-guk asked in worry. “She’s fine.” Krystal said. Krystal tried to help him up but Yong-guk groaned in pain. “I think I broke a rib..” Yong-guk said. Krystal shook her head. “What do we do??” Krystal asked. Yong-guk looked at her. “In the glove compartment ....there’s a gun..get it..” Yong-guk said. “I’m not leaving you—“ Krystal was cut off. “get it now.” Yong-guk ordered. Krystal looked at Yong-guk in worry. “I’ll deal with him..” Yong-guk said. Yong-guk then looked ahead noticing the guy coming towards them. “Go.” Yong-guk said as he got up. Krystal looked at him as he ran towards the guy. “Glove compartment..got it..” Krystal said before she ran back towards the car. She managed to get the gun. She looked at it. “I don’t even know how to use a gun!!” She said in frustration and panic. From the corner of her eyes, she saw another figure coming at her. She immediately tried to aim the gun at him but failed as he grabbed her arm. He dropped the black duffle bag that he held with his right hand. He grabbed her neck tightly. Krystal felt coldness from his touch. “you feel that??…the coldness…I’m slowly freezing you…” He said with a slight smirk. Krystal looked at him as she struggled. She glanced at her left, noticing that Yong-guk was occupied fighting against the other legion. Before the guy could even do anything, a shot was fired at him. He looked down at his shoulder, then at the man who shot him. He dropped Krystal causing her to gasp for air. She watched him as she tried to get up. The cop who shot at him, began to back away out of fear. “You think you could kill me??…me?!?” The guy said in anger. Krystal stood up as she watched him walk towards him. Cold air surrounded him. Every step he took, he left an ice imprint on the concrete. “No..” She said as she shook her head. “I’m a god compared to you!!!…You can’t kill me!!” The legion said in rage. Stomping on the ground, ice formed. The cop tried to run, but the ice made it’s way up to him. 

Krystal gasped in shock. agape, her eyes wide open. Her body shook as she stared at the cop who was frozen. “Now…where were we…” The legion said turning around, looking at Krystal. As he walked to her, Krystal tried to back away only for her back to hit the car. Turning his his hand into ice, he threw a punch. Krystal dodged it, making him hit the car. As she threw a punch, he coated his face with ice. Punching his face, Krystal scream in pain. “Son of a b*tch!!” She exclaimed. The guy chuckled as he faced her. He punched her in the face, causing her to stumble back. Krystal began to fight him, although she didn’t have much experience in it. "You seem to have a hidden warrior in you...maybe I could use that.." he said before he hit her again, causing Krystal to fall to the ground. She looked at the guy as he smirked. “Listen….i could do this all day babe....” He said with a flirtatious tone as he made the ice around his face disappear. Krystal stood up, staring at him with so much anger and rage. The guy looked at her in shock as he saw wings sprout out of her back. She screamed as she ran to him tackling him down to the ground. She punched him only to have him fully coat his body with ice. Krystal punched his face, only to have felt as if her hand broke into pieces. He managed to switch the tables. He held her by the throat, gripping it tightly. “Your just like us..” He said. Krystal glared at him. “I’m nothing like you.” She replied with anger written in her tone. “Jimin!!” A man called. Looking to his left, the legion watched as the other legion dropped Yong-guk who was injured badly. “Get the bag and let’s go.” The guy ordered. Jimin looked at Krystal. “Sorry I can’t stay babe…I’m kind of busy.” The legion said before he kissed Krystal’s lips. Releasing her, Krystal’s lips began to turn purple as her skin began to turn pale. She watched as he took the black duffle bag and headed towards his friend. Both of them headed towards the crowd, disappearing from their sights. Yong-guk who was injured, managed to crawl his way to Krystal. “Hey..where’s Dana??” Yong-guk said. Krystal looked at Yong-guk as she struggled. “Behind..a car...” She managed to say. Yong-guk looked around, looking for Dana. “I’ll be right back..” Yong-guk said. Krystal nodded. As Yong-guk stood up, he groaned in pain. He ran to his sister. Squatting down, Yong-guk shook her. “Dana get up.” Yong-guk said. Dana’s eyes slowly opened. She groaned in pain. “What happened??” She asked weakly. “I’ll tell you later…we need to get out of here first.” Yong-guk replied. 

Yong-guk and Rain placed Krystal on the metal table. They looked at her in worry as she shook from coldness. “Her body temperature is dropping..” Rain said. “Okay so what do we do??” Yong-guk asked.  “W-where am I??” Krystal asked as her lips shivered. “Dana you go get Daehyun..” Rain said. Dana who was still weak looked at Rain. “Go!!” Rain ordered. Dana rolled her eyes and left the room. Rain looked at Krystal. “Okay shivering is a good sign…it means her heat regulation system is still active.” Rain said. Yong-guk nodded. “Okay so What do you want me to do??” Yong-guk asked. “We need to keep her warm.” Rain answered. Yong-guk nodded as he took off his jacket. He covered her with his jacket. Krystal looked at Yong-guk. “H-he..k-killed him..” Krystal muttered. “What?” Yong-guk asked. Before Krystal could even say anything, Rain spoke. “Hug her.” Rain said. Yong-guk looked at Rain. “Are you serious—“ Yong-guk was cut off. “Her body temperature is dropping Yong-guk…Daehyun could be all the way at the other side of the facility…we have to keep her warm until he comes and right now the only thing we have is body body heat.” Rain explained. Yong-guk sighed. Sitting Krystal up, he wrapped his arms tightly around her. Krystal laid her head on his chest. Yong-guk could feel the coldness from her skin. After a few minutes, the door finally opened. “What happened to her?!?” Daehyun asked as he ran in. Yong-guk and Rain looked at Daehyun who was trying to regain his breath. “Her body temperature is dropping, you need to help her.” Rain answered. Daehyun immediately went to Krystal’s side. “Move.” Daehyun said looking at Yong-guk. Yong-guk looked at Daehyun before removing his arms from Krystal. Daehyun took Yong-guk’s place, wrapping his arms around Krystal’s body. After a few seconds, you can see Krystal’s skin regain it’s color. Even the wound on Krystal’s head healed. They watched as Krystal slightly pushed Daehyun back. “I hate those guys.” Krystal said causing all three men to sigh in relief knowing that she was okay.