chapter 1

Dangerous Minds

Monday: 

“How are you feeling Yong-guk?” Rain asked as he leaned back on his chair. Yong-guk looked at him. “I’m fine..” Yong-guk answered simply. Rain sighed. “Yong-guk it’s best if you be honest with me—“ Rain was cut off. “I already told you..I’m fine..” Yong-guk said. Rain looked at Yong-guk. Sighing, Young-guk spoke. “What do you want me to say?…that-that I’m not okay?…that I hate the fact that I still don’t have a handle on my abilities?” Yong-guk asked in frustration. Rain froze upon feeling the floor shake. Rain looked at Yong-guk. The shaking stopped. “Sorry..” Yong-guk said as he hung his head low. Yong-guk sighed in aggravation. "Sometimes..I lose control…and it’s frustrating..” Yong-guk replied as he played with his fingers. Rain nodded. “You only had this problem when you first discovered your abilities..what changed?” Rain asked. Yong-guk shrugged. Rain thought for a moment. “Maybe you need to take time off.” Rain suggested .Yong-guk looked at Rain. Shaking his head, Yong-guk spoke. “No I’m okay—“ Yong-guk was cut off. “Ever since we picked up Daehyun and Himchan, you haven’t had time for yourself…time to rest...you’re so focused on training them and helping them control their abilities that it’s taking a toll on you…you’re stressed…which is exactly why your losing control of your powers..you need rest.” Rain explained. Yong-guk sighed. Before Yong-guk could even respond, the door slammed right open. The two jumped up. “Dana you cannot be barging in here—“ Rain was cut off. “I know you’re having your little session right now, but something is happening.” Dana responded. Rain and Yong-guk looked at her in confusion. Dana walked in, grabbing the Tv remote. She turned it on, flicking to the news channel. Rain and Yong-guk frowned. “Holy ..” Yong-guk said. Dana looked at the two. “It’s a new legion.” Dana said. Rain looked at Yong-guk. “Go.” Rain ordered. Yong-guk nodded. Grabbing his black leather jacket, Yong-guk left, being followed by Dana. Getting in the car, Yong-guk immediately started it up and drove. After at least 10 minutes, they finally got there. The two got out of the car. Closing the doors, the two began to walk. Everyone ran away in fear. Dana and Yong-guk started walking around, trying to find the source that caused everyone to be afraid. There were multiple fires. Cars exploded. The light posts bursted. “Please!! Someone help me!!” A man said as he ran in the streets. He begged for help. Many people feared him due to him causing explosions. Electricity surrounded his hands. Multiple cop cars then surrounded him. “Woah woah woah!!!” He said rapidly. They all got out the car immediately. “HANDS IN THE AIR!! NOW!!” A cop yelled as they all aimed their guns at him.  Raising his hands in the air, the guy spoke. “Please!! I need help!!!” The guy replied as he tried to walk to them. “STAY RIGHT THERE!! HANDS UP AND TURN AROUND!!” A cop yelled as he aimed right at the guy’s head. The guy nodded rapidly. “OKAY OKAY!!!” The guy said as he began to turn around. The cops stared at him sternly although they were frightened. “I-I’ll do whatever you say but please don’t hurt me!!” He stuttered. A cop walked to the guy cautiously as he aimed his gun at him. The cop looked back and gave them a nod. Putting his gun away, he went for his cuffs. As soon as the cop, grabbed the guy’s wrist, he immediately fell to the ground. The cops all yelled as the guy backed away slowly. 

Yong-guk and Dana finally made it to the scene. The guy seemed to be in his late teens. The kid stood in the middle of the street with electricity surrounding his hands. “DON’T SHOOT HIM!!” Yong-guk yelled as the two ran to them. Yong-guk noticed a body on the ground. “Check him.” Yong-guk ordered. Dana nodded and did as she was told. “He’s alive.” She said. Yong-guk sighed in relief. Yong-guk rose one of his hands trying to signal them to stand by. “Hey..” Yong-guk said. The kid looked at him. “I didn’t mean too!!!” The kid said as he sobbed. “Are you okay??” Yong-guk asked. The kid shook his head. “Something is going on!!! I-I don’t know how to control this!!!” The kid answered with fear. Yong-guk nodded rapidly.“All I did was put raise my hands!!..I-I didn’t mean to hurt him!!” The kid said, sobbing. “I can..I can see that..I-I believe you.” Yong-guk replied as he cautiously walked to the kid. “Don’t come near me!!” The kid yelled. Yong-guk stopped. The kid looked at his hands as electricity surged through his hands. He looked at the cops and then back at Yong-guk. “T-they’re gonna shoot me!!” He said in fear. Yong-guk shook his head. “No..No I won’t allow them to do that..just stay focused on me.” Yong-guk replied. The kid nodded as he began to calm down. “PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR!!” A cop yelled. The kid looked at them with fear plastered on his face. “Hey hey kid stay focused on me..don’t worry about them.” Yong-guk said. “I don’t want to die!!” He said as tears fell from his face. “Listen…I can see that you don’t want to be here..I can see that you’re scared..I-I can see that you don’t want to hurt anybody.. ” Yong-guk responded. The guy nodded rapidly. “What’s your name?” Yong-guk asked. The guy gulped. “Z-zelo.” He answered. “Okay..Zelo..my name is Yong-guk…the girl right there..her name is Dana..we’re here to help you.” Yong-guk said. Zelo nodded rapidly. “SIR PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR!!!” Another cop yelled causing Zelo to shoot out a blast of electricity towards a light post. Everyone jumped back. Yong-guk looked at Dana giving her a nod. Dana nodded knowing what she had to do. Standing up, Dana walked to Zelo. “Stay away from me!!!” Zelo said as he cried. “Hey..I’m not gonna hurt you..” Dana said with a reassuring tone. Zelo shook his head. “Zelo..look at me…” Dana said with a calming tone. Zelo looked at Dana. “Okay Zelo..” Dana paused. Her pupils began to dilate. “I want you to calm down..” She said. Zelo who was in a trance did as he was told. The electricity around his hands disappeared. Dana smiled. “Okay Zelo…it’s gonna be alright…how about you just come with me..and we’ll figure this out together huh?” Dana said. Zelo slightly smiled as he nodded. Yong-guk froze as he saw a cop aim he weapon at Zelo. “no no NO!!!” Yong-guk yelled as a cop instinctively pulled the trigger. Yong-guk raised his hand, stopping the bullet. Everyone gasped with wide eyes. Zelo looked at the bullet in front of him with wide eyes. “Y-you stopped it…” Zelo stuttered. Dropping his hand, the bullet dropped to the ground. Dana and Yong-guk both looked around at all the cops. “This is bad..” Dana said. Yong-guk nodded. The cops aimed their guns at the three. “Run…RUN!!” Yong-guk yelled before the cops began to shoot at the three. As the three ran, Yong-guk used his abilities, stopping the bullets. They ran to the car, immediately getting in. Yong-guk immediately started the car up and began to drive away from the scene as the cops shot at the car. “Oh my god!! This is crazy!! We’re gonna die!! We’re gonna freaking die!!” Zelo said, panicking. Yong-guk who was sitting in the front seat, turned around and looked at Zelo. Looking back at Dana he spoke. “Open the glove department..” Yong-guk said. Dana listened and did as she was told. She stared at the tranquilizer and then glanced at Yong-guk. He gave her a nod. Dana grabbed the gun. She looked back at Zelo as he panicked in the back seat. “Have a nice nap Zelo.” Dana said. Zelo looked at her in confusion. Right then and there, Dana shot him with the tranquilizer. Zelo then closed his eyes and passed out .

Yong-guk swiped his key car, opening the door. As he entered the room, the door closed behind him. Zelo who was sitting on the bed, looked at him. He immediately stood up. “Where am I?!? What are you gonna do with me?!?” Zelo asked rapidly. “You’re in a containment room.” Yong-guk said. Zelo looked at him in confusion. “C-containment room??” Zelo stuttered. Yong-guk nodded. “W-why??? I-I don’t understand—“ Zelo was cut off. “It’s pretty simple…you have powers and being in this room will protect you and others from your abilities..” Yong-guk said. Zelo shook his head in disbelief. “Powers?? I-I don’t have powers..” Zelo replied. Yong-guk scoffed. “So do you not remember being in the middle of the road with electricity surrounding your hands??” Yong-guk asked with a sarcastic tone. Zelo looked at Yong-guk before he began to pace back and forth. Yong-guk watched as he did.  “Listen..it’s okay to be scared of what you can do..I was at first..but after I learned how to control my abilities..everything became easier.” Yong-guk said. Zelo scoffed. “T-this is a dream..” Zelo said in disbelief. “This is not a dream.” Yong-guk replied. Yong-guk watched as Zelo panicked. Yong-guk sighed. “Okay…let me break it down to you...we're people who are born with an enhanced genome that gives us abilites...we posses a gene that is called the inhuman gene....anyway..naturally our powers active either at birth or puberty but in this case..your activation was..delayed until now..” Yong-guk explained. Zelo looked at Yong-guk as he massaged his neck with his right hand. “S-so…it’s my fault that I’m this way??” Zelo asked. A slight chuckle escaped from Yong-guk. “Uh..No..it’s your fathers fault actually…he’s the one that carries the mutant gene and pass it on.” Yong-guk answered. Zelo shook his head. “No…” Zelo responded. Zelo’s eyebrows furrowed. “W-what are we??” Zelo stuttered.  Yong-guk slightly smiled. “We call ourselves legions…welcome to the club.” Yong-guk answered. After Zelo finally calmed down, Yong-guk finally spoke. “Sit down.” Yong-guk ordered as he crossed his arms around his chest. Zelo did as he was told. Zelo in-haled and ex-haled slowly and heavily. Looking up at Yong-guk, Zelo spoke. “How does this room..contain our powers??” Zelo asked in curiosity. Yong-guk who took a chair and sat down, sighed. “This room is made out of adaptive material..so it can contain all sorts of powers.” Yong-guk answered as he leaned back on the chair. Zelo nodded slowly. “S-so…is this a prison for legions??” Zelo asked. Yong-guk looked at Zelo and scoffed. “No, this is not a prison..this place is sort of a sanctuary for us legions…we put them in these room so they won’t harm themselves or those around them.…we train them to control their abilities and after they learn how to, they can leave if they want…but they usually choose to stay.” Yong-guk explained. Zelo nodded. Looking at his wrist, Zelo frowned. “What is this?” Zelo asked. Yong-guk sighed in frustration. “A wrist band…we put it on you to check your vitals….but we will be taking that off shortly..” Yong-guk answered.  Zelo nodded once again.  "So…who’s we??” Zelo asked in curiosity. Before Yong-guk could even reply, the door opened. “Ah you must be Zelo!” A man said as he walked in with a tablet in his hand. The door closed behind him as he walk in. Zelo nodded. “Yeah…and you are?” Zelo said. “Sorry manners. My name is Rain.” He answered. Zelo nodded slowly. “S-so you’re like us?? A legion?” Zelo asked. Rain scoffed as he smiled. “No..I’m just a mere human who helps your species.” Rain answered. Rain then walked closer to Zelo. “How are you feeling?” Rain asked. “I’m okay I guess..aside from all this heat…” Zelo answered. “Heat?” Rain asked. “It feels like I’m burning from the inside out...” Zelo responded. Rain nodded. “Okay Zelo..I’m pretty sure Yong-guk explained a couple of things like how what you are or what this place is…but we’re gonna focus on your abilities for now.” Rain said. Zelo nodded once more.  

Rain handed Zelo the tablet. “What is this?” Zelo asked looking at the image. “These are your cells—“ Rain was cut off. “My cells?” Zelo asked in confusion. “Well…when you were passed out..we took a sample of your blood…” Yong-guk answered as he leaned on the chair. Zelo nodded. “What’s with the electricity?” Zelo asked as he stared at the picture. Rain glanced at Yong-guk before he looked back at Zelo. “Okay..Zelo…um..every cell in your body has a different electrical charge…which is why you feel like you’re burning from the inside—“ Rain was cut off. “Okay so what does this mean?” Zelo asked. “Well based on what we saw this morning…and what we discovered in your blood sample....I believe that you can manipulate electromagnetic energy.” Rain answered. Zelo tried to take everything in. “S-so what’s gonna happen with me??” Zelo asked. Rain took the tablet from Zelo. “Well we’ll give you a few days to rest..you know to process everything..and then after that…the training begins.” Rain answered. Yong-guk and Rain then left trying to give Zelo some time to think. They walked to Rain’s office. Yong-guk sighed as the two entered. “What’s the matter?” Rain asked as he walked to his desk. Yong-guk looked at Rain as he sat down. “Who’s gonna train him?” Yong-guk asked. Rain looked at Yong-guk and sighed. “Dana can’t train any legions..she’s still a student.…and I’m busy training both Daehyun and himchan….and you know how they are..Daehyun can’t stand his abilities and Himchan..well Himchan is..well he is just angry..” Yong-guk said in frustration. “Calm down Yong-guk, you’re doing great….how about I take the two off your plate…just worry about Zelo for now…he seems to be easier than the two…although he panicked for a while..he asked questions..he was curious while the other two didn’t really care for what they are…or what we do…Daehyun just wants to get rid of his abilities and Himchan..he needs work..” Rain responded. Yong-guk nodded. “You should go rest Yong-guk..I’ll handle everything today.” Rain suggested. Yong-guk looked at Rain. “Are you sure—“ Yong-guk was cut off. “Yong-guk, you’re stressed..and tired which is causing you to lose control of your abilities…you need to rest…get back to work tomorrow…I’ll take care of everything.” Rain said. Yong-guk sighed. Nodding his head, Yong-guk spoke. “Okay…I’ll go to my room…” Yong-guk replied. Rain nodded and watched as Yong-guk exited the room. Yong-guk made his way to the elevator. He clicked the third floor which is where the rooms are. After at least 2 minutes, the elevator doors opened. Yong-guk walked out and headed to his room. He swiped his key card and entered the room. As he walked in, the door closed behind him. Taking off his jacket, he threw it on his bed. He also took off his white v neck, throwing it on his bed as well. He sighed as he cracked his neck. Going on the floor, he began to do push ups. “4..5..6..7...” He counted in his mind. Yong-guk froze upon hearing a knock on his door. He looked at the door as he stayed in position. “What?!?” Yong-guk said in frustration. “It’s me..Dana.” He sister replied. Yong-guk immediately shot right up. He walked to the door, opening it. Dana pushed Yong-guk to the side and walked in. “What do you want?” Yong-guk asked. Dana looked at him as she threw herself on his bed. She moved his jacket and t-shirt, throwing it on the floor. “Dana.” Yong-guk called. She sighed. “I just wanted to bother you..” She replied. Yong-guk scoffed. “Shouldn’t you be training?” He asked. Dana nodded. “Yeah..but I mean I don’t really need to learn self defense when I can just use my abilities—“ Dana was cut off. “Dana you still need to learn how to protect yourself…it doesn’t matter if you could push others into doing what you desire them to do…what if there’s a situation where you can’t do it?” Yong-guk asked. Dana scoffed. “Like that would ever happen—“ Dana was cut off. “We have to be prepare for the worst Dana…” Yong-guk said. Dana looked at her brother as he held the door open. He rose his eyebrows as he stared at her. “Ugh! Fine.” She said in aggravation. She got out of his bed and walked to him. “If I break a nail..I’m going to kill you.” She said with frustration before she exited the room. 

Note: Hope you guys like the first chapter!! Please comment on what you think about it!! Thank you!! :)