Deaths

The Debt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yul..."

 

It was a request that couldn't be turned down. Soohyuk and Youngbae nodded and arranged for it. The very next day, everyone gathered outside Yuri's ward. 

 

Everyone including Jiyong and Choi Seunghyun. 

 

And Yoona. 

 

Jiyong gave a brief glance at Choi Seunghyun before darting his gaze and fell on the love of his life. Yoona looked into his eyes with the same passion and yearnings but both could not seem to open their mouth to say something. Choi Seunghyun interrupted the short reunion, pulling Yoona gently by her wrist and entered the ward. 

 

Lee Seunghyun patted Jiyong's shoulder. 

 

∞∞∞∞∞

 

"Yah, why are all of you staring at me like that?"

 

Everyone had a solemn expression as they stared at the woman lying in the bed. The Kwon Yuri that they knew... She was a bright and bubbly girl, loving to dance and was so... Ful of life. Yes, that's the word. Life. But here they are now, looking at her, looking pale and feeble and... 

 

Lifeless. 

 

"Yah ! How dare you disappear without a trace and not contact me!" Tiffany was the first to break the silence as she sniffed, trying to stop her tears from falling as she stepped forward to hug her, hiding her sadness behind her feigned angry tone. 

 

"Awww, I miss you too ," Yuri returned the hug with a smile, patting her back. "Yah, I heard that you're getting married with some Thai-born mafia boss?" 

 

She broke the hug and her gaze darted to Lee Seunghyun who simple shrugged his shoulder. 

 

"Yeahs. You HAVE to be my braidsmaid, Kwon Yuri," Tiffany answered as though it's the most normal question ever. "You can't sit this one out anymore." 

 

"Oh, I wish I could, Tiffany Hwang," Yuri chuckled. "How about you bring my photo along?" 

 

Then silence loomed over and Tiffany broke into tears. 

 

"Damn you, Kwon Yuri. You always makes me cry!" 

 

"Let's just admit that you're a cry baby," Yuri smiled as she turned to Jessica. "Hey Sica..." 

 

"Yul, how have you been doing..." Jessica, in contrast, was calmer as she returned with the same smile. 

 

"Busy fighting cancer but oh well, guess like it's about time," Yuri sighed. "Guess like I'm joining Krys in heaven soon." 

 

"Stop saying such disheartening words, Yul," Lee Seunghyun frowned in disapproval. 

 

"Oh please, Lee Seunghyun. After all these years, you still can't get Tiffany Hwang's heart so I think you're the last person to tell me to not say such disheartening words," Yuri snorted and turned to look at Yoona, who was standing at the corner awkwardly. "Ahhhh. So you are Im Yoona I supposed?" 

 

"N-Neh..." 

 

"You really look like Krys... But guess it's the other way round since Krys is younger about you," Yuri flitted her eyelids beautifully. "I've heard a lot about you, Yoona-sshi. I bet you've heard of me too?" 

 

"Just a little..." 

 

"I'm so sorry this would most probably be the first and last time that you'll be seeing me. Ahhh, I think we can be good friends like Krys and I but oh well, we don't have the luxury of time," Yuri shrugged with a sigh. 

 

With how nonchalant and relaxed her attitude is towards her impending death, everyone didn't know how to react. She seemed a little too... Relaxed.

 

Meanwhile, the two mafia bosses just stood at the far end of the bed, not talking at all. 

 

"Jiyong oppa and Seunghyun oppa, are you guys going to continue to ignore me?" Yuri finally called out to them. 

 

All eyes turned to look at them and made way, allowing them to come closer. Both Jiyong and Choi Seunghyun seemed a little awkward but maintained that stoic expression as they moved forward.

 

Before Krystal came along, Yuri was the closest to them. When she and Youngbae got together and each time they got into their little love tiffs, she would be the first to come running to the both of them, whining and acting like a child, wanting them to do some justice for her. They adored her like little sister and well, to be honest, they had treated her as part of their family. 

 

"Seunghyun oppa, you always would buy me a bottle of banana milk. Where's my banana milk?" Yuri pouted. 

 

"Yah, how old are you already? Still drinking banana milk," Choi Seunghyun smiled. 

 

"Banana milk is for all ages! Jiyong oppa, look at him! He's bullying me! Implying that I'm a kid!" Yuri then turned around to whine at Jiyong. 

 

Jiyong was a little taken aback with the sudden affection. He thought Yuri still hated him after the whole Krystal incide. Does this mean that she'd forgave him already?

 

"Jiyong oppa, you're still angry at me, ain't you..." Yuri pouted. "Angry at me, that's why you're not replying me..." 

 

"Yah, s-since when? You're always the one that's angry at me. Since when would I be angry at you," Jiyong replied quickly, afraid that he would offend her.

 

"I know right," Yuri broke into a wide cheeky grin. "I knew Kwon oppa wouldn't be angry at Kwon dongsaeng. We're the unbeatable Kwon-line right?"

 

"Yes, of course," Jiyong smiled. 

 

"Oppa, I'm sorry..." Yuri became more serious as she looked at Jiyong. "Krys' death... I know it's not your fault but still, I got angry at you. I just... I just needed someone to push the blame to... I wanted to lessen my guilt... I should have advised her when she told me she fancied you. I should have known that you wouldn't fancy her, yet, I told her to pursue her dream and if she tries harder, she would be able to get your love someday. If I didn't... She... She wouldn't have... wouldn't have..." 

 

Yuri broke into tears and Jiyong enveloped her into a hug immediately. Choi Seunghyun, standing there, wanted to hug her too, but hesitated when he saw Jiyong already beat him to it. 

 

Yuri hugged Jiyong, calling out to Choi Seunghyun, "Seunghyun oppa, come here..." 

 

And Choi Seunghyun just couldn't say no. Yuri hugged both guys tightly as her tears spilled. This two guys. They used to be the ones she turned to whenever she's upset with her dense boyfriend, or whenever she met with problems that she didn't want Youngbae to be worried about. Unlike Soohyuk, she knew that this two brothers of her treat and protect her like their little sister. They didn't love her like Soohyuk and Youngbae did and that made her easier to confide in them, to tell them everything. And when she lost both the love of her life, her best friend and this two brothers, she just... She felt like she couldn't carry on any longer.

 

"Seunghyun oppa, I'm sorry for bringing Krys away from you..." 

 

"Pabo. How is it your fault. Stop blaming yourself, you idiot," Choi Seunghyun cleaned away her tears and smiled. 

 

"I told you to not cry. You look ugly when you cry Kwon Yuri," Jiyong smiled as he pinched her nose lightly. "Stop crying, idiot."

 

"You guys are the idiots," Yuri sniffed as she broke apart from the hug but held both of their hands nonetheless, bringing them together. "Made up already, oppa."

 

Jiyong and Choi Seunghyun looked at each other, not knowing what to say.

 

"Seunghyun oppa, Krys' death is not Jiyong oppa's fault. Sure, it was his carelessness, but I was partly to be blamed too. In fact, everyone's partly to be blamed if we want to name it critically. Jiyong oppa should not have given her such promise, you should have worked harder to earn her love, I should have asked her to give up, Sica should have advised her and the list goes on and on. Bottom line is, everyone has regrets oppa. And we're all going to have to live with it." 

 

"Yul, it's not as easy as you think it is..." Choi Seunghyun sighed, face carved in pain.

 

"I just hope to see you guys reconcile before I die oppa..." Yuri's face was carved in pain. "Enough is en-coughcoughcough...." 

 

And before she could finish her sentence, she was thrown into a fitful of coughs. The doctor and nurses rushed in, asking them out as they began the treatment. Everyone waited outside anxiously and Jiyong became agitated, holding Choi Seunghyun by his collar. Everyone was alerted too, taking to each side. 

 

"Can't you just put on an act and agree to her first?! You want to fight, I can fight with you! But can't you just fulfill her wish first!?" Jiyong spat angrily.

 

"You think we can lie through her? When was the last time we succeeded in lying to her? None! She would know we're lying just by the blinks of our eyes!" Choi Seunghyun lost his calmness too.

 

Both of them got into an argument and was about to break into a fight. Thankfully, the doctor came out just in time.

 

"Doc! How's she?!"

 

"I-I'm afraid... I'm afraid she can't hang on much longer..." 

 

"You have to save her! You useless ! SAVE HER!" Choi Seunghyun was now holding onto the collar of the doctor's shirt, losing his patience. 

 

"Oppa! Relax!" Jessica shouted as both Soohyuk and Youngbae tried to pull them apart. 

 

"Let go!" Choi Seunghyun shouted and shoved, breaking himself apart fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter