Counsellor

The Debt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wow, Yoona! You look even prettier under the sunlight! It's like fairy descended from heaven!" 

 

"E-Eh? A-Anniyo! You flattered me Tiffany-sshi..." 

 

"Call me unnie! I should be a year older than you right? Omoooo! I've always wanted a younger sister!" She chimed. "Yah! Kwon Jiyong! You must have saved the entire universe in your past life to deserve a girl like her!" 

 

"Yah, I'm older than you! Where's the respect?" 

 

The dawn broke and morning came. After a whole hectic night, they finally gathered to have a normal conversation under a normal setting. Tiffany returned to the hotel and acted like everything was fine but Jiyong knew from the conversation with Lee Seunghyun earlier on that it was everything but fine. He called him over as well and it seemed like a double-date from the eyes of outsiders. But god knows how complicated this two pairs are. 

 

"You stayed in the hotel for the entire night? Doesn't seem like you, Tiffany Hwang," Jiyong folded his arms across his chest and smirked. 

 

"I bumped into her in the club. Drunk as and I had to bring her to my house," Lee Seunghyun shrugged his shoulders, trying to pretend that everything was fine too. "She didn't even wanna go back to the hotel." 

 

"Yah yah, watch your language! What's with the curse and the repeated use of 'she' and 'her'? I'm your noona!" Tiffany snorted and gave a knock on his forehead. "Call me noona!" 

 

Lee Seunghyun rolled his eyes at that remark and walked off to get himself a cup of coffee.

 

"What's with his attitude!" Tiffany pouted.

 

"You jolly well know it," Jiyong chuckled and shook his head. "He hates to call you noona. You know it."

 

"It's the truth anyway," she shrugged. "Anyways, I'm back here to tell you guys a piece of news." 

 

"What? You're getting married?" Jiyong joked. "Who is the unlucky guy?"

 

"Yah! Not married. But engaged. I'm getting engaged!" Tiffany squealed. 

 

Silence enveloped them. Jiyong took a quick glance at Lee Seunghyun who was back with his black coffee and putting on an expressionless face when he heard the news. He figured out that he must have known this news already and that explained his phone call earlier. It seemed like it's even harder than he had pictured it. Even he himself was shock at this relevation, let alone him. 

 

"O-Oh! C-Congrats unnie!" Yoona was the quickest to regain her composure as she put on a smile. "You must be happy!"

 

"Of course I am!" Tiffany continued to beam as she pulled Yoona into a hug. "I'm here with a piece of good news and in return I receive this good news too! I'm happy to get to know you, Yoona!" 

 

"M-Me too!" 

 

"Araso araso. Stop being so intimate," Jiyong shook his head in defeat as he pulled them apart, taking Yoona's elbow. "You've a shift today right? Get home and prepare first?"

 

"Oh right..." Yoona caught his hint immediately and played along. "I'm sorry unnie. I've to head to the hospital for my duty. I'm on morning shift today." 

 

"Omo! You're a doctor?!" Tiffany exclaimed. "Yah! Kwon Jiyong! That means next time when you get injured, you don't even have to spend money on hospitalization!"

 

"Chinjia! Always cursing me," Jiyong scoffed and gave a hard knock on her forehead before turning to Lee Seunghyun. "Yah, I need you to send Yoona back to the apartment first." 

 

"Aren't you leaving with her?"

 

"I believe I've something important to discuss with Ms. Hwang," he smirked and turned to Tiffany. "Uncle Hwang must have sent you here to give me more information right? It couldn't be just announcing your engagement." 

 

"Oh yes! I almost forgotten!" Tiffany replied. "Talk upstairs?"

 

"Yeahs. It's more private," Jiyong stood up, bringing Yoona along with him and gave her a forehead kiss. "I'll see you back at the house later." 

 

"Uhm. Okays..." Yoona's face heated up as she nodded shyly. 

 

"Aigooooo. Stop displaying affection so openly! It's so unlike of you, Kwon Jiyong~" Tiffany teased as she wrapped her arms around Jiyong's. "Lend me your boyfriend for a little while Yoona. I promise nothing would happen! My fiancé is more handsome than him." 

 

"Get going already you!" Jiyong rolled his eyes and turned to Lee Seunghyun, his expression a little stricter. "Stay with Yoona in the house. Don't plan on sneaking away until I'm back." 

 

Lee Seunghyun knew what he meant and nodded solemnly. He knew that base on Kwon Jiyong's personality, he wasn't going to just let things be as it is. 

 

∞∞∞∞∞

 

"I like Im Yoona. Though I don't know what had happened between you guys that brought her to your side, I'm glad that it did."

 

"Don't try to divert the topic," Jiyong's expression darkened when they reached her room. "What is this thing about you getting engaged." 

 

"Oh you know, nothing much. Just dad wanting me to marry a guy that can take care of me and ensure me a lifetime of fame, wealth and security," she replied with a chuckle. "Thailand's mafia boss. He's pretty handsome you know. But I think you would win him by a slight margin." 

 

"Yah Tiffany Hwang! Stop giving me a smile and act like everything is fine when it's ing not!" Jiyong exploded as he grabbed her shoulders. "Stop acting like that! Aren't you tired?!" 

 

"Then what do you want me to do?!" Tiffany shrugged away his hands harshly and shouted. "Cry and whine about it?! Everyone knows that this is a political marriage so that both the triads can get a better gain! What do you expect me to do?! Runaway from everything and be with Seunghyun?! Tell him that yesterday night was truly the happiest time of my life?! THAT ONLY HAPPENS IN FAIRYTALES!" 

 

Her outburst stunned Jiyong as he stared at her, watching her broke down, burying her face into her hands. He allowed her to vent her frustration and anger out and finally spoke up after she had cooled down.

 

"Yesterday night, you and Seunghyun..." 

 

"Yes, we did it," she mumbled against her hands. "I ing asked him to go ahead and then left him broken by dawn..." 

 

Jiyong leaned against the couch, rubbing the bridge of his nose. It had indeed became more complicated than he had expected and judging from the situation, it seemed like it wasn't something that he could meddle in. 

 

"Your fiancé is..." 

 

"Nickhun Horvejkul," she looked up and gave a bitter smile. "Remember the one time that a pretty boy came over to Seoul and we laughed at how stupid his accent sounded? That pretty boy turns out to be Thailand's biggest mafia boss."

 

"Him..." Jiyong sighed. "He's good friend with Seunghyun..." 

 

"Tell me about it," she sighed. "I don't know how to bring myself to hurt both of them... I oppa... I really do..."

 

"Before I testify to that, you better own up now. Tell me what the hell happened three years ago when you came and left abruptly and Seunghyun became a wreck for a good few months before his behaviour started to take a turn for the worse, bedding every single woman he sees." 

 

"That..." Tiffany struggled with her words. "Alrights. You should know... Remember Sica?"

 

"Krystal's sister..." 

 

"Yes, Krystal's older sister and she happened to be my close friend since young too," Tiffany smiled weakly. "Remember that one time when we all gathered together to party in a club and Krystal brought her along?" 

 

"Uh huh..."

 

"Sica took an interest in Seunghyun. She knew I'm close with him and bugged me for more of his information," she continued. "That's what I like about Sica. She isn't like me... The fact that Seunghyun is younger than her didn't bother her, nor was she scared that their differences are too big..."

 

"Right. I recalled there was a point of time that she got really close with Seunghyun. But he told me that they're not a couple."

 

"That's because that silly boy was still madly in love with me," she shook her head with a smile. "But that particular day, he was drunk and... Things happened. Sica didn't mind but he was totally in remorse. Not too sure over the fact of him betraying me or the fact that he had did something inappropriate to her... But anyway, the trouble came. Sica found herself to be pregnant..."

 

"W-What?!" 

 

"Sica knew that he would definitely take responsible for it i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter