Reunite

The Debt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Youngbae stood in front of the nursing home, contemplating whether to head in or not.

 

After Jiyong informed him about the news, it had been bugging him ever since. He had told himself to give up but still ended up finding anyway. He looked for the nursing home that Jiyong had mentioned and well, there wasn't a patient named Kwon Yuri. Still, he didn't give up and continued to pry into it. Using his past connections, money, effort, he finally found the nursing home that Kwon Yuri is staying.

 

It's now or never, Dong Youngbae. Just settle it once and for all.

 

He took a deep breath and headed into the nursing home.

 

Then he was stunned.

 

∞∞∞∞∞

 

He didn't even have to look for the director nor the nurses there. When he walked in, he saw a woman in the garden, staring blankly at the vast blue sky. With just her backview, he could recognise her as the love of his life, the one that hurt him deeply but yet, he still love her nonetheless.

 

And she was on a wheelchair.

 

All of a sudden, Youngbae didn't know how to react. Does this mean that all these while, his hatred was all futile and uncalled for? That he had maligned the wrong person? That perhaps... She had a reason for leaving him?

 

He found his legs trembling as he made his way towards her. And when he stretched his arms out to tap on her back, she turned her head around, smiling brightly.

 

"Oppa! Tod-..."

 

Then her smile turned into a mortified one.

 

"Yul..."

 

"I-I don't know you! Y-You got the wrong person!"

 

Yuri was about the wheel herself away frantically but was blocked by Youngbae immediately.

 

"Yul, what happened? Talk to me!"

 

"I-I don't know you at-at all! Go away!" 

 

She tried to avoid him but he wouldn't budge and knelt down in front of her wheelchair, blocking her way entirely. She began to panic, and him too, became aggressive and as she was struggling in tears, another voice called out.

 

"What are you doing?!" 

 

Youngbae looked up and a fist landed on his cheek the very next moment. 

 

∞∞∞∞∞

 

"! Lee Soohyuk! After all these years of not meeting, the first thing you can do is to punch me?" Youngbae spat as he cleaned away the blood on the corner of his lips.

 

"What the hell do you think you're doing?! This isn't a place for you to be here!" Soohyuk was seething as well. 

 

"Then where? You wish to hide her forever don't you." 

 

"Leave before I get nasty, Bae." 

 

"Well, I can very much do with a fight now," Youngbae stood up and launched at Soohyuk.

 

Both guys started bashing each other and no one dared to get close to them because it was obvious that both sides were aggressive and were going all out at each other. Everyone stood around watching and Yuri was anxious as she watched waves of punches exchanging from one party to another. 

 

"S-Stop it!" Getting panicky by the second, she made an attempt to stand up from her wheelchair. 

 

Then it failed. 

 

Her legs failed her and to be more precise, her entire body failed her. 

 

What she saw was not an elevated view, but more rather, her view became a pitch black darkness.

 

"YUL!!!" 

 

∞∞∞∞∞

 

"If anything were to happen to here, I won't let you off, Dong Youngbae," Soohyuk said in a cold tone as both of them stood outside watching the doctor trying to resuscitate Yuri. 

 

Youngbae didn't dare to rebut. He knew he was at the fault, and looking at the frail looking Yuri now, he felt bad. Perhaps, he shouldn't have pried into her matters anymore. He should have just left things as they were, should have just live the rest of his life in ignorance. 

 

But he loves her, and still wants to be with her. 

 

He doesn't know what to do anymore. 

 

"Doc, how's she?" 

 

The doctor removed his mask and let out a sigh, "not looking good. It seemed like the antibiotics we used on her isn't working anymore." 

 

"Can't you increase the dosage?" 

 

"I'm afraid not, Mr. Lee. Ms. Kwon's body won't be able to withstand the side effects. The cancer cells have spreaded..." 

 

Cancer.

 

Youngbae felt his blood ran cold while Soohyuk kept a straight expression.

 

"If that's the case, how many more months have she left..." It took Soohyuk awhile longer to get this sentence out of his mouth. 

 

"At the very most, end of this week..." 

 

And it's already Friday. 

 

"Thanks, doc..." 

 

"She's still under anesthetic. Give her some rest first before you guys enter to see her."

 

The doctor left the two guys in their thoughts.

 

"You want to know what happened right? Follow me."

 

Staring at the patient lying on the bed, Soohyuk finally spoke out evenly and turned away, walking out of the ward.

 

"This! Is to return the blow that you gave me just now!"

 

The moment they were out in the yard, Soohyuk turned around and punched Youngbae right in the face again.

 

"This! Is for just now when you scare the hell out of her!"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter