Chance

The Debt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Welcome back, Yoona-sshi." 

 

"Don't. It's not like I'd very much want to come back." 

 

Sticking true to her words, Yoona got into the black sedan that Choi Seunghyun had arranged to pick her up and reached his mansion. Choi Seunghyun was sitting on the couch, waiting for her arrival. 

 

Choi Seunghyun frowned at her coldness but it only lasted for a second.

 

"I thought you had spent a nice night with your lovely fiancé," he smirked. "Why? He didn't pleasured you enough to your satisfaction?"

 

"You-!" 

 

"Alrights! Seunghyun oppa, how about I show her to her room first? Since she'll be staying with us from today."

 

Jessica interrupted before an argument broke out between the both of them. Choi Seunghyun looked up and raised his hand; a sign of dismissal. Jessica tugged on Yoona's elbow and made signals at her, which finally persuaded the stubborn Yoona to move with her. 

 

Yoona didn't even know how she's going to survive here. 

 

∞∞∞∞∞

 

"I apologise on his behalf, Yoona-sshi. He's not like that usually. It's just that-" 

 

"It's okay. You don't have to speak up for him because I don't think I'll change my opinion about him," Yoona scoffed as she followed Jessica into the room. 

 

Jessica looked up at her and smiled, "You really resemble Krys..." 

 

That caused anger to steam out of Yoona immediately, replacing with guilt. Right, when she broke the news about the deal with Choi Seunghyun to Tiffany and Lee Seunghyun, both of them had prepped her about the things that would happen in here; the people staying here, the business Choi Seunghyun is running etc.

 

She figured out that this girl must be Jessica Jung, Krystal Jung's sister. She heard about her from Lee Seunghyun, as well as Kwon Jiyong himself. She knew all of them shared an incredible bond and how Jessica Jung fell in love with Lee Seunghyun and thereafter, falling in love with Choi Seunghyun now.

 

It must be tough on her to be torn between the both of them now. 

 

"I-I'm sorry..." Yoona murmured guitily. 

 

"For?" Jessica remained her gentle smile. 

 

"My outburst of anger... That... That was uncalled for," Yoona stuttered. "You aren't in the fault here."

 

"And neither is Seunghyun oppa, isn't it?" 

 

That caused Yoona to remain silent. 

 

"In fact, no one is at fault," Jessica continued. "Krys' death... No one wanted it to happen. Not Seunghyun oppa, and definitely not Jiyong oppa..." 

 

"But Choi Seunghyun hates Ji." 

 

"He doesn't. It's all pretendence, Yoona," Jessica lamented. "I know deep down, he values this brotherhood more than anyone else. So as much as it kills me to rebut you, I've to say that for this, you're entirely wrong." 

 

"But whatever he's doing now is not any sign of treasure or love! He's out to RUIN his brother!" Yoona didn't seem to be able to control her anger the moment Jiyong was mentioned. "He's... He's tearing us apart..." 

 

The moment of her kissing Jiyong this morning flashed across her eyes and Yoona had to shut her eyes to prevent her tears from escaping. 

 

"I'm sorry for this. I really am..." Jessica sighed as she moved forward and put her arms around Yoona cautiously. "But hey, why don't you think it from another point of view?"

 

"Mwuh?" Yoona looked at her in confusion. 

 

"Now that you're here, you're a step closer to Seunghyun oppa. You know it, he sees you as Krys. So, why don't you try to mend the relationship between Jiyong oppa and him?" Jessica asked. "Everyone doesn't want them to break into a fight and I'm pretty sure Jiyong oppa doesn't want too. So, why don't you be the one that cease all these hatred and revenges?" 

 

"Y-You really think I can...?" 

 

"I don't think, I know you can!" Jessica exclaimed. "I've heard a lot of things about you, Yoona and all I can say is, you're one amazing woman. You'll be able to calm both of them down and well, trust me. Seunghyun oppa isn't as bad as what you think he is..." 

 

"Why do you keep talking good about him?"

 

"Well, because," a helpless smile spreaded across Jessica's face. 'Because I love him..."

 

"But the person he loves is your sister..."

 

"Don't they always say love has no reason? Look at you. Even though Jiyong oppa has such a notorious background, you still fell in love with him isn't it? And you being here now... Isn't this all out of love?" 

 

With just a few minutes of talking, Yoona was totally captivated by this woman in front of her. 

 

"And besides, I know Seunghyun oppa doesn't want Jiyong oppa to die. So I have to stop all these before he does things that he would regret. You know that Jiyong oppa's warehouse got raided recently right?"

 

Yoona nodded.

 

"Yeahs. Soohyuk oppa and Seunghyun oppa burnt away his warehouse because they knew that the cops were coming for Jiyong oppa. They're all like this; They still care a lot for each other, but they just refused to give in." Jessica became serious and held onto Yoona's hand tightly. "That's why I hope that you can be the one to put an end to all these, Yoona. Give Seunghyun oppa a chance to prove himself. You'll realise that he's not what you think he is..." 

 

Jessica's gaze was strong and unwavered and unknowingly, Yoona was bought in. She came in with the thought of escaping and leaving,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter