Foreboding

The Debt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Long time no see Sica..." 

 

"Long time no see Seunghyun..."

 

"How've you been..." 

 

"Fine... You?"

 

"Fine..."

 

Since when had it become so awkward between them? Lee Seunghyun didn't know. Perhaps it happened after they broke up, maybe after she aborted the baby, maybe, perhaps... The problem had always existed, just that they didn't bother about it and now, it became like that... If he had showed more concern, paid more attention, things might have been different....

 

If.

 

That's why it came as a suprise when he received a call from her, telling him that she's back in Seoul and wanted to meet him. He had been anticipating her call since Jiyong told him about the news but when it really came, he didn't exactly know how to deal with it. He was nervous-wrecked and his palms were sweaty as he noted down the time, date and location of the meetup and here he is now, coming face to face with her. Jessica Jung is still the same old Jessica Jung, albeit more mature, prettier even. 

 

"Why didn't you tell me..." 

 

Lee Seunghyun finally found his voice back as he brought up the question that he had been dying to ask ever since he knew the truth. Jessica was puzzled by the sudden question but recovered within a minute, grasping what he was actually asking.

 

"Guess like Fany told you in the end after all," she chuckled and shook her head. "Judging from your expression, I knew my decision then wasn't wrong."

 

"I should at least have the right to know..."

 

"And then what? Get married with me and live happily ever after?" She snorted. "You know that won't ever happen, Seunghyun. We were still young back then and I wouldn't have kept the baby. Even if I did and you knew and wanted me to keep it, we still wouldn't have stayed together and perhaps, divorced now, fighting for the custody. Isn't it better now? At least after years, we can still sit face to face peacefully and talk like friends." 

 

Lee Seunghyun fell silent with her remarks. This is Jessica Jung. She always speaks what's on her mind and wouldn't beat around the bush. She's harsh with her words but it's always nothing but the truths. Yeahs, he himself wouldn't have guaranteed a blissful marriage between them since there was no love in the first place after all. 

 

"Besides," Jessica continued. "You continued to chase after Fany while I had moved on and found someone that I would want to safeguard too..." 

 

"The someone is..." It took him awhile to absorb the information and when he did, all he could do was to stare at her in disbelief.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter