Deal

The Debt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[HEADLINES] MAFIA BOSS GD TURNED HIMSELF IN?! ADMITTED TO KILLING ONE OF THE POLICEMEN THREE DAYS AGO WHEN THEY'RE INVOLVED IN A FIST FIGHT. CURRENTLY IN CUSTODY. 

 

"What did you do to Ji?!!" 

 

Chairs were pushed aside and sounds of guns pulling out from holsters rang loudly. Then it sunk into an eerie silence as the TV continued to hum at a low volume, the program moving on, reporting on other news normally, as though nothing had happened.

 

All guns were now pointed at Yoona as she stood up, holding Choi Seunghyun's collar and bellowed. Choi Seunghyun did not seem to be taken aback at all as the woman that's at least a head shorter than he was, was holding him by the collar, glaring at him. He smirked and waved a hand up, dismissing all the subordinates that had launched forward. With that wave, the guns were all put down, steps taken back as they retreated back to their stoic expression.

 

"I was just trying to test his love for you," Choi Seunghyun removed her hands away from him slowly and gently, keeping his smirk. "And looks like he pass. So effortlessly~" 

 

Yoona's hands stopped in mid air as he sat back down. She blinked, finally catching up to the fact that she'd just held the big mafia boss by his collar, with his subordinates around. She didn't know she had this guts. All she knew was that she was seething with anger after looking at the image of Jiyong turning himself in, walking into the police station. Next thing that happened, was all self-instinct.

 

"Why..." She finally found her words back as she calmed herself down, taking a seat opposite him. "Why do you want to hurt him like that?"

 

"I repeat," his expression continued to be that of a mocking one. "I did not hurt him. I merely said that his gun is with me and the police is franctically looking for it. Oh, and perhaps, he might want to set a higher protection around you. The rest, was his own decision."

 

"You're the one who used his gun to kill the police!" Yoona got agitated upon hearing his explanation. "YOU!" 

 

"Are you going to kill me and go accompany him in the jail then?" He looked up and stared right into her eyes. He pulled out a gun and put it on the table, right in front of her. "Go ahead." 

 

Yoona was startled by his action. And that pair of eyes... He possessed the same demeanour as Jiyong... That demeanour that controls people, that scares people, but in actual fact, is hurting himself more than anyone else... 

 

Yoona shuddered and shook her head. No, she wouldn't be taken in by him. He's different. He'd harmed Jiyong. 

 

She picked the gun up with trembling hands and pointed right at Choi Seunghyun who continued to have the nonchalant expression. The subordinates surrounded him was alerted as they pulled their guns up again.

 

"Who gave the command to pull your gun up?" Choi Seunghyun's husky voice resonated the entire café. "DOWN!" 

 

That shout caused all guns to be put down again, worried gazes thrown at both of them.

 

"Go ahead Yoona-sshi."

 

Yoona gulped and pulled the trigger down.

 

1...

2...

3...

 

BAM!

 

"You know I won't do that," Yoona breathed out, slamming the gun back onto the table, producing a loud bang. 

 

Choi Seunghyun seemed to be not surprised at all with her reaction. He stole a quick glance at her hand that's now red due to the hard blow against the table, his expression a worried one before it faded into his usual cold expression within a second. 

 

"Then I guess I should thank you for your mercy?" He smirked and put his hands together, resting on his chin. "So, should we begin dealing now then?"

 

"What exactly do you want from Jiyong, Seunghyun-sshi," Yoona narrowed her eyes. "If you'd wanted his life, you could get it easily. Jiyong wouldn't even flinch." 

 

"I never said I wanted his life,' he answered. "I've already made my stand clear. I want... You." 

 

He stared right into her eyes, that gaze so demanding, fierce and dominating. Yoona felt a chill down her spine as she met his eyes. She bit her lips and sighed inwardly. Indeed, she's a burden to Jiyong after all.

 

"I believe Jiyong wouldn't let you achieve that so easily."

 

"I figured that out when he decided to turn himself in," he let out a cold chuckle. "That's why I thought you'd be a smarter person than he is."

 

"What makes you think that I'll give myself up so easily?"

 

"Of course you wouldn't. But for Kwon Jiyong, you would," he said. "From the moment you came in, you wanted to end everything between me and him. In fact, you'd this intention the very moment you asked me out today." 

 

Yoona's heart thumped crazily at his words. This guy... He could read mind? How could he guess her intentions so accurately?

 

"You're too easy to read," he continued. "This is your weak point. But your weakest point is your love for Kwon Jiyong. Likewise for him, his weakest point is you. That's why he would do such a stupid action of turning himself in when he didn't even do anything." 

 

"Don't you feel guilty doing such things to your brother?" Yoona let out a cold chuckle. 

 

"Love is a poison," Choi Seunghyun said, his eyes a glassy distance. "You guys chose to be poisoned. There's nothing I can do." 

 

"Why me." 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter