Feud

The Debt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey babe! I hope you'd a good night sleep! I'd to head back to the office to settle some stuffs so you'd have to head back yourself. When you're awake, call one of the kids to come pick you up. I heard from Ri that you'd gotten yourself a driving license but nopes. I'm not gonna let you (nor my car) take the risk. So call them to pick you up. I'll see you the moment I'm done with my things. Wait for me! And... Remember this. 

I Love You, Im Yoona...

-Ji.

 

Morning came and Yoona stirred as the sunrays seeped through the hotel windows, feeling around with her hands and panicked slightly when she felt that there was no one. However, her heart soon became at ease when her fingers touched a note pasted on the empty space beside her and her frown became a grin when she picked it up and read the content. She read the content over and over again, smiling dumbly to herself as she recalled the things that had happened yesterday. It seemed like a dream but this note had proved to her that it was a reality. Jiyong wasn't her first love but it's the first time she's feeling like a high school girl being in a relationship - Angry when the guy did something that isn't to her liking, wronged when the guy misunderstands things and ignores her, blissful when the guy makes the effort to create surprises and even leave little notes for her. Moments with Daesung wouldn't count as bad. Sure, there're romantic moments but of course, the feelings when being with Jiyong was much more intense. Not too sure if that's a good thing, but for now, she wants to believe that it is.

 

She picked up her phone and started to dial the familiar number.

 

The number you'd just dialled is currently unavailable. Please try again later...

 

She raised her brows curiously at the message from the other end. She tried calling again as she stared at the note, but the reply that came was the same as the previous. Unknowingly, her heart lurched as her eyes scanned across the last sentence again. It might seem romantic to anyone who reads it but if she reads it repeatedly, it didn't seem all that romantic anymore. It seemed like... It seemed like he's saying his last words to her... 

 

He's just busy.... He'd told you to wait for him. So, don't doubt his words! He'll be fine!

 

The tiny voice in her rang and she finally shrugged off her thoughts, letting out a smile as she hang the call and dialled another member, asking one of his subordinates to pick her up. 

 

He's the formidable Kwon Jiyong. What harm would possibly come to him? 

 

∞∞∞∞∞

 

"Hyung..." 

 

"Don't call me that. I'll be overwhelmed. I thought we'd met way earlier than this, Kwon Jiyong." 

 

While Yoona was staring at the lovenote with love in her eyes, Jiyong was busy with his thing. 

 

The thing of meeting up with his old pal, his then-brother-enemy-now.

 

Choi Seunghyun. 

 

"I was caught up with triad stuffs. You know how watchful those dogs are now," Jiyong ignored his comment and answered. 

 

Truth was that since a month ago, Choi Seunghyun had phoned him, requesting to meet up. He was taken aback by his sudden initative but he agreed nonetheless. They were planning to meet a week after but unfortunately things had taken a worse turn with the police and he had no choice but to settle it himself. Choi Seunghyun too, was having a hard time due to the police and hence both had decided to push back the meeting. He wanted revenge but that didn't mean that he would put his fellow brothers at risk. 

 

"Oh really?" Choi Seunghyun smirked as he threw a stack of photos on the table in front of him. "This is what you're busy for?" 

 

Even though both sides were trying to get away from the cops, Choi Seunghyun still kept a lookout for Jiyong, sending subordinates to tail him. In the first few weeks, it seemed like a normal routine - he's really busy with the triad, going to the office alone and always seen alone or with Lee Seunghyun beside him. He continued to keep an eye and thought that maybe it was a dream after all that Kwon Jiyong had found himself a girl. Lee Soohyuk had informed him that Jiyong claimed that the girl was just someone he's hooking up with no strings attached but commented that he doubted so because he could see the fear and worry in his eyes when he had said those degrading comments to the girl. And of course, he finally confirmed the truth a day ago. 

 

"Hyung..." Jiyong was shocked as he saw the photos; they were all taken from his date with Yoona yesterday. 

 

Actually, he did have the feeling that they were being tailed but with Yoona being so innocent and happy about everything, it had lessened his alertness by a fair amount and decided to not search the person out. He just wanted to enjoy a normal date with the woman he loves. Even if it's just for a day. 

 

"I want this girl," Choi Seunghyun announced as he picked up a photo showing Yoona's bright smile. 

 

"Sh-She's not Krys hyung! You can't do this!" Jiyong was losing his cool at the mention of Yoona. "Anything but her!" 

 

"Be it Krystal Jung or Im Yoona, I want," Choi Seunghyun fished out his lighter mindlessly and lighted up a cigarette.

 

Jiyong was all ready to fight for Yoona but when the lighter came into his sight, he hesistated. Even if Choi Seunghyun had portrayed a nasty and cold image, wanting a revenge, he still treasure this brotherhood... Jessica was right. He needed to be saved. He must be struggling between his debt to Krystal and his brotherhood with him... 

 

"Hyung," Jiyong let out a sigh, ruffling his hair. "I can give you my life even. Just no... You can have anything but Im Yoona... She's my world..." 

 

"That's the point," Choi Seunghyun smirked as he huffed out a puff of smoke slowly, smirking away. "You should have a taste of how it felt like to have your world ruined..."

 

Jiyong found himself staring right into his orbs. He shudderd inwardly. It was a mixture of sadness, fear, anger, betrayal and the most powerful thing on earth.

 

Love. 

 

He didn't know how to respond, just like how he's clueless in talking him out of this whole crazy thing. Honestly, he could give up his life. He had owed Krystal Jung after all and it's only right if Choi Seunghyun came after him. But the only thing he couldn't give up is Im Yoona... If Choi Seunghyun really is going to harm her, he isn't going to sit there and watch him like what he did when he tried to wreck his turfs, seized his drugs supplies and hell, even when he sent someone to kill him, he didn't even flinch. He could have anything he want because he owed him. 

 

But just no. 

 

Not Im Yoona. 

 

"Police having a routine checkup! All hands over your head now!" 

 

It was all silence as they stared at each other. Until a group of police barged in, the leader commanding. Both of them snapped out of the glaring game with a look of surprise. This wasn't what they had expected. Why would the police conduct routine checks in broad daylight and in a normal café even? There must be something amiss... 

 

"Is it you Kwon Jiyong? It must be you who informed the damn cops!" Choi Seunghyun spat as both him and Jiyong had their hands up above their head, standing to the side, waiting to be checked. 

 

Truth was, Choi Seunghyun had received an unknown call from a guy who had identified himself as the chief superintendent of the police force and opene

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter