Some Baekyeol

Why Did It Have To Be You?

Sehun felt like a preteen fan girl since he was looking up pictures of Luhan and squealing every time he saw a good one. He's been doing this for almost an hour with no concept of time. Suho came in and Sehun frantically replaced 'Luhan' with 'EXO' thinking it would be easier to explain. But, being the idiot he was, he forgot to click search. "What's this?" Suho wondered as he looked over to see. "I didn't realize Luhan was the definition of EXO..." Suho curiously wondered. Sehun laughed nervously. "That's a good picture." Suho noticed. Sehun felt like biting the finger that was pointing at the gorgeous man. "Whoever took these pictures, are good." Suho commented. Sehun wanted him to leave already so he can go back to fangirling. "I should go." Suho finally said as he grabbed something before leaving. Sehun sighed as the door closed. He looked back at his screen and squealed again as he saw another good photo.

Kai ran up the stairs and stopped when he saw Suho come out of his room. "Is Sehun in there?" He asked. "Yes, he is." Suho answered as he went down the stairs. Kai went into Sehun and Suho's shared room, forgetting to knock. He saw Sehun in his most embarrassing state, he was squealing like a pubescent teen. He held back a laugh. When Sehun felt someone's presence, he turned around and screamed in embarrassment as he saw Kai trying to hold back his laughs. "Kai~!" He whined as his face reddened. "S-s-sorrrryy..." He tried to apologize, still trying to hold back his laugh. He walked over and looked at the computer screen. Kai finally couldn't take it and laughed uncontrollably. Sehun buried his red face in his hands. "Sehun...you're the best...!" He said, trying to end his laughing. Sehun was still hiding his face. When Kai finally stopped laughing, he apologized sincerely. He sat next to him and poked him. Sehun lifted his still red face with a half glare, half pout. Kai gave a small chuckle as he pinched both his cheeks. "You look like a tomato, Sehun!" He said, laughing at him. "Stop~!" He whined. Kai stopped and imitated Sehun's pout. "You're cute when you're angry!" Kai told him as he pinched his cheek again. 

 


Baekhyun opened the door to the dorm with cuts and bruises everywhere. He thought of slowly going upstairs to fetch the first aid kit and to fix himself without anyone knowing but luck wasn't on his side as the person he didn't want see him the most ran up to him. "Baekhyun! I--" he immediately stopped as he saw the injured boy in front of him. Baekhyun looked up at him with a pitiful look. "Baek!" He gasped. "Chanyeol." He called before almost falling on the floor but was luckily caught. "W-what happened to you?" Chanyeol asked him, basically yelling, gaining the attention of nearby members. "What happened to Baekhyun?" Suho immediately ran as he saw an almost completely red boy(from the blood). Baekhyun, who was still in Chanyeol's arms, slowly closed his eyes from the pain. "Hang on; I'll go get my phone to call an ambulance." He said as he ran up the stairs. Chanyeol sat on his knees, laying Baekhyun gently on the floor, with his head in Chanyeol's lap. "Baekhyun?" Chanyeol called again. "Chanyeol." Baekhyun replied. "I'm okay...really..." He assured with a painful smile. "Don't lie to me, Baek." Chanyeol demanded. Baekhyun nodded slowly. "Okay..." He hesitated. "I-it hurts...a lot..." Baekhyun told him. Chanyeol closed his eyes, still trying to take in everything. "Will you tell me what happened?" He asked again. Baekhyun slowly shook his head. "No, sorry. I can't." His voice was barely over a whisper. "I don't want to go to the hospital." Baekhyun told Chanyeol. Chanyeol was about to ask why but Suho came running towards them. "Sorry, I got distracted." He apologized about being a bit late." He prepared to call the hospital. "Please..." Baekhyun whispered to Chanyeol. "But, you have to." Chanyeol told him. Chanyeol noticed tears forming in Baekhyun's eyes. "Please..." He begged. "I'm sorry, Baek." He disagreed. "Thank you." Suho ended his phone conversation. "They should be here soon." Suho told them.

 

Later at the hospital, Baekhyun was laying in his bed in a room with other patients. Finally after almost an hour of loneliness, Chanyeol came bursting in. "Baek!" He yelled as he ran towards his friend. "Are you okay?!" He surprised everyone in the room with his loudness. "You have no idea how long I was waiting in the waiting room for them to finally let us in!" He complained. "Us?" Baekhyun wondered as he saw Kyungsoo, Suho, Kai, Kris, Sehun, Chen and Tao walk in calmly unlike Chanyeol. Baekhyun unconsciously started tearing up. They stayed with him for almost an hour and then Luhan, Minseok and Lay came in. "Baekhyun are you okay?" Luhan worriedly asked as he went closer to the boy. He wasn't bloody anymore since the nurses cleaned him but he had bandages on him. "I'm fine, hyung." Baekhyun assured him. Luhan put his hand on the younger's cheek and gave a sad look. "You must have gotten really hurt." He noticed. "I'm fine, really." He tried to convince him. As they were talking, Sehun made a mental note to get injured so that Luhan could touch him like that. They all stayed with him for almost the whole day until the nurses came and told them they had to leave within 5 minutes. The members started leaving and saying goodbye while wishing Baekhyun well. Chanyeol was the last one there. "Chanyeol, you need to leave too." Baekhyun told him. Chanyeol took hold of Baekhyun's hand and rubbed it with his thumb. "I wish you would tell me what happened..." He whispered. "I'm sorry." Baekhyun apologized. Chanyeol nodded as he got up and prepared to leave. He was still holding Baekhyun's hand as if he didn't want to let go. Baekhyun removed his hand from Chanyeol's as if embarrassed. Chanyeol gave a sad look. Baekhyun just stared at him. "Excuse me, sir. You have to leave." The nurse told him. Chanyeol nodded, eyes still on Baekhyun. He left the room and his genuine expression finally revealed itself. This was hurt. He wanted to cry but decided not to. 

Baekhyun was now laying in his bed all alone again. He was happy though. The person he feared seeing wasn't in his room so he had nothing to worry about. Suddenly, Baekhyun's phone buzzed. He checked it and it was Minwoo, his friend. “Hey, Baekhyun. You know why we didn't come but, I wanted to apologize because I still feel bad.” Baekhyun smiled as he read it. He decided to reply. “Hey Minwoo. Thanks for worrying but, I'm fine. My members came to visit me so I had fun.” He waited patiently for the reply. He smiled as it came. “If you say so. You're lucky you have them, you know? Especially that tall lanky guy with the funny ears. ㅋㅋㅋ Anyway, let us know when you're healed so we can see you. Be well!” Baekhyun smiled again, happy with his friends' politeness. He went to sleep, looking forward to tomorrow.

When tomorrow came, Baekhyun patiently waited for visiting hours. Once it was his desired time, he expected Chanyeol to run in like yesterday. He didn't. No one came for him. He felt a bit sad. Ahh...I shouldn't be upset. They'll come... He told himself. A few hours later, and he was still alone. Maybe we had a schedule? He lied to himself as his eyes moistened. He started tearing up as he completely gave up on waiting for them. When visiting hours were over, he got a message. It was Minwoo again. "Hey, how’s our Baekkie doing? Better? We miss you a lot!" Baekhyun felt somewhat better. "Hey, Minwoo. Physically, I'm better. My members didn't come today so, I'm a bit lonely." He replied. "Aww, I'm sorry. I'm sure they had a reason. They must be really stupid if they just wanted to abandon you." Baekhyun gave a small laugh. "Thanks Minwoo. You cheered me up. I can't wait till I'm completely healed so we can see each other." Baekhyun expected their conversation to end there but he got another message. "We can see each other now. I'll send you my picture and you send me yours!" The message followed with a picture of Minwoo in a funny pose. Baekhyun smiled at it and then went on his camera so he can take a picture of himself. Unlike his friend, he went for a cute pose, since it would hurt his face to make something silly. "You're looking better! You'll be healed in no time!" His friend replied. Baekhyun smiled again. They talked for a little more before Baekhyun went to sleep.

 

Baekhyun woke up the next morning. Today's visiting hours were shorter than usual. But, Baekhyun didn't mind since, he wasn't expecting anyone to see him. The nurses came in and replaced his bandages and cleaned his injured spots. When there was an hour until all the visitors had to leave, Baekhyun got a message. It was Minwoo checking up on him. He replied and then heard loud steps as if someone was running as fast as they could. Suddenly, Chanyeol entered the room and yelled "Baek!" before continuing his run towards Baekhyun's bed. Baekhyun's shocked expression immediately turned into an annoyed one. When, Chanyeol was close enough, Baekhyun slapped his cheek but, since he's weak, it was more of a tap. "Baek?" Chanyeol wondered after being "hit". Baekhyun just kept his annoyed look. "Was that supposed to be a slap?" Chanyeol asked him. Baekhyun blushed as his annoyance became more genuine. "Shut up." He expressed. "Uh, sorry...I know you're mad at me..." Baekhyun opened his eyes and looked up at Chanyeol. "You know? Why didn't you come then?" Baekhyun asked him. "Because...I thought you were mad..." Chanyeol repeated. "Chanyeol, I'm mad because you didn't come." Baekhyun cleared up. Chanyeol widened his eyes. "Really? You weren't mad before?" Baekhyun shook his head. "What made you think I was mad?" Baekhyun inquired. Chanyeol got quiet after that. "Chanyeol." Baekhyun called. "Alright, it's because you...when I..." Chanyeol started. "Is it because I took my hand out of your grip?" Baekhyun wondered. Chanyeol looked down, embarrassed and nodded. "Aish, you Pabo..." Baekhyun told him as he rubbed his head in frustration. Chanyeol sat down on the chair that was next to Baekhyun's bed. "I just didn't want anyone to see." Baekhyun told him. "Is it because you're embarrassed of me?" Chanyeol questioned him, his eyes starting to look hurt. "No, that's not it! It's just...you know how people can be." Baekhyun told him. Chanyeol nodded. "Right. You can't even be proud." He added. "What? No! Chanyeol please don't do this to me." Chanyeol nodded as he sniffed. "Did you sleep well?" Chanyeol suddenly asked. "What? Um, yeah." Baekhyun answered a little surprised. "Because I didn't." Chanyeol said right after. "I just want you to know how hard it was for me to sleep without you." Chanyeol told him, still trying to fight tears. "Um, I'm sorry, Chanyeol..." Baekhyun started but was immediately interrupted. "But, you probably slept amazingly, right? It didn't bother you at all that I wasn't there! You probably didn't even notice!" Chanyeol almost yelled loud enough for the whole hospital to hear. Baekhyun was looking embarrassed. "Chanyeol..." Baekhyun whispered, motioning him to be quiet. Chanyeol couldn't hold back his tears and started crying. "Even now? You don't want anyone to hear me, right? Because of what they'll think?" Chanyeol pressed on. "Chanyeol... Don't be like this..." Baekhyun told him. "Why? I want to be like this." Chanyeol tried to counter, still crying. Baekhyun sighed. After a few minutes of Chanyeol crying, he looked up at Baekhyun, who has been watching him the whole time. "I'm sorry." Chanyeol apologized as he started to wipe his tears. Baekhyun slowly shook his head. "No..." He said, waiting for him to look back at him. "I'm sorry, if I wasn't so afraid, I wouldn't be like this, and I’d hug you too. Actually I can't hug you for another reason, but you understand." Chanyeol nodded. "Yeah...I just wish you'd tell me why you're afraid." Baekhyun didn't say anything. When they eventually made eye contact again, Baekhyun smiled. They stayed in silence for a few minutes until Chanyeol spoke again. "I shouldn't be like this." He stated. Baekhyun didn't say anything. "I'm sorry." He continued. "Stop." Baekhyun interrupted him. "Stop apologizing." Chanyeol frowned. "Just stop." He said again as he looked up at him. A few more minutes passed. Their gazes were piercing. Chanyeol was right about to say something but a nurse came and interrupted him. "Excuse me, you need to leave now." Chanyeol froze, his mouth still open, eyes wide. "Sir?" Chanyeol slowly closed his mouth and eyes as He bowed slightly, getting up. "I will leave now." He said, head still down. Baekhyun just watched him leave. Suddenly, Baekhyun's phone buzzed. "Oh my god, Baekhyun, Why aren't you answering!?" He read it a little shocked until he remembered he was talking with him before completely ignoring him. "Oh, Minwoo, I'm sorry. Chanyeol came in and I had to talk to him!" Baekhyun replied. "You scared me! I thought that guy had you again..." Baekhyun felt sorry especially since, Minwoo had messaged him like 100 times since he stopped answering. The nurse came in, while he was texting, and gave him a tray of food. "Oh, excuse me?" Baekhyun called to her. When she looked at him, he continued. "When will I be able to leave?" He asked as she started examining him and thinking. "Hmm...No less than a week, I'd say." She told him and he thanked her. 

 

The next few days, it has been basically the same. Awkward conversations with Chanyeol and occasionally, other members would come. Baekhyun was starting to feel better. He had less bandages on now. When the nurse came in to give him his breakfast, he smiled eagerly at her. Understanding him, she smiled back. His phone then buzzed. "Baekhyun, the second you get out of that hospital you come to my house, got it?" Baekhyun smiled. He has been in this hospital for so long he almost forgot what it's like to be out of it. He finished his breakfast and texted Minwoo until it was his favorite time of the day. This time, all the members came since it was his last day. They hung out excitedly until it was time for them to leave. The nurse renewed his bandages for the last time. When he woke up, the nurse removed them for good. He was so happy as he grabbed his phone and basically charged at the door. "Wait, please." The nurse stopped him. "The person who signed you in has to sign you out." The nurse simply told him. That meant Suho. So, Baekhyun called him. After a few minutes, Suho came in with Chanyeol. The latter ran up to Baekhyun and gave him a big hug while the former filled out paperwork. "You're mine, all day!" Chanyeol exclaimed, still hugging Baekhyun. "Oh, sorry. I need to see my friends. They couldn't visit me so I haven't seen them in a while." Baekhyun told him. Chanyeol suddenly looked disappointed. "No, I understand." He told him as he turned around and closed his eyes. "Tomorrow, I'm yours, yeah?" Baekhyun told him. He kept ignoring him though. "All right, kids. Let's go." Suho announced as he started to leave and they followed him.

 

Once home, Baekhyun ran up to the bathroom and took a quick shower. He ran into his room and picked out his favorite shirt. Finally... He thought. Real clothes... He sighed as he layed on his bed, remembering the comfort of a real bed. Chanyeol came in and looked at him. "Isn't it great, Chanyeol? Oh, man. You have no idea how uncomfortable those beds were." he exclaimed happily. Chanyeol continued to look at him. "It's the same isn't it?" He bitterly asked as he exited the room. Baekhyun sat up and confusedly looked at the door, where he was standing. Baekhyun got up and went downstairs. He entered the kitchen. "Welcome back, Hyung." Kyungsoo greeted him. Baekhyun smiled and greeted him back. He excitedly sat down and started eating the food on the table. "So much better than hospital food!" He exclaimed. Kyungsoo chuckled at that. When Baekhyun finished, he told them he was going to visit his friends and left.

 

Chanyeol went back inside of his room. He sat on his bed and looked at the other side of the room where Baekhyun was not long ago. He sighed as he leaned his head back, laying it on the wall.

 


EXO were sitting, eating breakfast in the kitchen. They were all silent except for one. Luhan was going on and on about his plans for tomorrow. “I won't let you out of my sight, Sehun!" He concluded. Sehun had been happily listening on, imagining everything as he said it. Luhan was talking about Sehun's birthday, which was coming up. "You'll start on Sehun's birthday but, you'll finish by Christmas." Baekhyun joked. Earning laughs from a few members. "Oh, make sure to sleep early today, Sehun." Luhan continued as Sehun laughed. "No, seriously." Luhan told him.


Pretty short, i know. But, i couldn't write anymore, i don't know. I hope it's not too bad of an ending. Anyway what do you think of Baekyeol so far? Bad? I have like the best idea. It's probably the worst to anyone else but to me, it's great. If you've been reading my other Author's notes and been paying attention to all of the Baekyeol moments before, you might be able to understand their story. Or not, I don't know. Because, even when i reveal it, you'd still need refrences to other chapters to understand. I'll give just a minor hint. It's a reason for why Baekhyun's friends act the way they do in public. Anyway, please comment! I love reading comments and get sad when there aren't any new ones please. I want to know what you, as a reader thinks. Like, do you like the direction my story is going in? Maybe you have a suggestion? Something you don't understand? Anything. Anyway, i think that's it. Look forward to the next chapter?

Ah, BTW. I'm writing another story as i mentioned in a previous Author's note. And, I need some help with it.

For more information: http://www.asianfanfics.com/chat/view_room/14696/0/new-story

If you just want to vote: http://www.asianfanfics.com/poll/vote/112556

Anyway, please consider it. And also, if you choose the option B, please tell me what to use. Thank you.