Getting Close

Why Did It Have To Be You?

"Waah~! How pretty!" Kai exclaimed as he played with Sehun's new rainbow hair. The latter was contenting himself by admiring Kai's new braids. Kyungsoo and Suho eyed them as they noticed the strange contact. All the members had to wake up early today so that they could get their new styles, so some of them went back to sleep. Sehun and Kai were hanging out in the kitchen with Kyungsoo and Suho who were preparing lunch. "Sehun, could you come help me here a moment?" Suho asked him as Kyungsoo went to wipe the table. "Sure, hyung." He answered as he got up and went to him. "What happened?" Kyungsoo whispered to Kai. "Hmm?" Kai wondered. "You were too afraid to approach him yesterday." Kyungsoo reminded him. "Ah. I confessed." Kai told him. "What? It went well?" Kyungsoo asked, kind of surprised. Kai didn't say anything since the answer was kind of obvious. He stared at Sehun who was getting yelled at for stirring wrong. Kyungsoo went back to the counter and whispered something to Suho. "Jjinjja!?" Suho exclaimed. Kyungsoo nodded before turning to look at Sehun. "That's enough now, Sehun. Thank you." The said boy stopped stirring and went to sit back down after saying "okay." Kai was still staring at him. Sehun didn't mind, he just continued to play with his braids. Chanyeol and Baekhyun then came in. At the sight, Baekhyun eyed Chanyeol and giggled quietly. They sat down on the table and whispered things to each other while eyeing Kai and Sehun. Later, a few more members came in. Sehun suddenly felt someone pet him. He looked up and saw Luhan smiling at him. "Hello, hyung. How'd you sleep?" Sehun greeted, noticeably happier than earlier. "I slept great." He told him as he took the seat next to him. Sehun completely stopped looking and talking to Kai. All his attention was on Luhan now. Kyungsoo noticed this as he was placing bowls on the table. So, he pretended to have something interesting to tell Kai so that he doesn't get upset. Later, Chen came in and put his arm around Kai. Kyungsoo left them to talk as he went to help Suho. When Kai looked at Chen, Chen smirked as he started telling Kai an inside joke. Kai laughed as Chen took a seat across from him. The two started talking about the joke. 


 

Everyone was taking turns filming their individual shot right now. Luhan was clapping for Lay, who just finished. "That was good, Yixing!" He exclaimed, still clapping. "Thanks." He replied as Luhan stopped clapping. "Luhan-ssi?" One of the staff members called him. It was now his turn. "Good luck." Lay wished him as he went to the others. Sehun watched Luhan's entire shot, he also watched the practice before it. He laughed to himself every time Luhan made an NG which made him have to restart. When Luhan finished, Sehun made sure to act casual, to not make it look like he watched him the whole time. "Hey, Lu." He dumbly said. "Hey, Sehun-ah!" Luhan greeted him back as he walked closer. "You did good." He tried to say as he raised his thumb up. Luhan giggled. "Thanks, Sehunnie." They both went to sit down somewhere near the others. After a while, Sehun's name was called. "Really?" He surprisingly wondered. He didn't think he'd get a solo shot. The staff nodded and he got up. He went in front of the cameras and someone was talking to him. Sehun listened to what the man was telling him until his eyes lingered to behind the man and saw Luhan talking with the other members. He felt sad. He didn't expect Luhan to watch him the way he watched Luhan, but he hoped he'd at least look. The camera was now recording him and the song played. Sehun was to lip sync and do the stuff that guy told him to, to look cool. Luhan still wasn't looking. Sehun tried to do as told, but his attention stayed on Luhan. The director told him to stop. Sehun curiously looked at him, wondering what was wrong. "Why do you keep looking off-camera? Please keep your eyes on the camera." The director told him and he nodded. He finished shooting and went straight to Luhan, to claim him. He was conversing with the members until Sehun ran to them and sat really close to Luhan, latching onto the older's arm. "Hey, Sehun. How'd your filming go?" Luhan wondered. If you looked, you'd know... He angrily thought. He smiled as he looked up at him. "Really great!" Luhan smiled at that. "Xiumin-ssi?" A staff was heard calling. Unconsciously, Luhan and Sehun watched him perform, each carrying a bitter face. After a while, most of the members had already finished. Chen skipped over to them when he finished his turn. "Hey, what'd you guys think?" He asked, feeling proud. Then he realized no one was paying attention to him. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were in their own world, Luhan and Sehun were talking to each other and Kai was cuddling on Kyungsoo's arm. He pouted and then looked beside them; Xiumin was glaring at the couple in the middle. Chen raised an eyebrow and went over to him. "Hey, what's up, Min?" Chen wondered as he sat next to him. Xiumin didn't seem to notice him, still glaring. "Minnie~?" He waved a hand in front of the entranced boy's face. "Hmm?" He suddenly answered, facing Chen. "What are you looking at?" He wondered. "Oh..." He realized it must've been obvious as he took a last glance, which lasted longer than expected. "Oh...I was just...daydreaming!" He told him as he put on a smile. "About what?" Xiumin thought for a little, what could he say? "Uhh...lots of fire! Fire everywhere!" He decided on that for whatever reason. Chen cocked an eyebrow in confusion. "With someone in the middle of it..." Xiumin started thinking and unconsciously, a smile creeped on his face. Chen widened his eyes. After a few seconds, Xiumin realized the situation and widened his eyes as well. "No! Not like that! There was umm...a cow in the fire! A cow!" He exclaimed loudly, waving his hands in the air. "I like steak!" He yelled to make him sound more convincing. "Okay..." Chen said as Xiumin was laughing nervously. 


 

Later, Sehun was sitting on his bed, texting his friends. Kai was laying next to him; his arms were wrapped around Sehun. "So, um, what are you doing?" Sehun asked after a while of them being in this pose. "Loving you." Kai simply answered. Sehun didn't say anything. There was nothing for him to say. "Who are you texting?" Kai wondered. "Someone you don't know." Sehun answered. "What is he saying?" Kai continued to ask. "Why don't you just read?" Sehun asked him. "Shiro~" Sehun sighed. He still needed to get used to this new Kai. Suddenly Kai's grip was stronger. "Uhh...?" Sehun was about to ask but Kai spoke. "I love you so much." Sehun became flustered. Kai has been acting this way since he confessed; it wouldn't be a problem to Sehun if he didn't repeat how he felt about him every day. A knock was heard on the door. Sehun couldn't get up since Kai's grip was too strong. "Come in." He said and the door opened. It was Luhan. "Hey, Sehunnie." He greeted. "Hi hyung!" Sehun smiled and his expression became brighter. Kai's eyebrows came together. "Remember? I promised I'd take you out today." Luhan reminded him. "Oh yeah. How could I forget?" I must be stupid. Sehun thought. He was about to get up but then remembered something. "Kai. Please let me go." Kai didn't say anything but reluctantly agreed. Sehun got up and went to the door where Luhan was. "Okay, Kai. I'm leaving." He said before going out and closing the door. 

 

"So I was thinking we could go to that place we went to last time..." Kyungsoo was in the kitchen when he heard Luhan talking. He got out of the kitchen and saw Luhan and Sehun in front of the door. "Oh, Kyungsoo. We won't be here for dinner." Luhan told him and Kyungsoo slowly nodded. "Hey, Sehunnie, you were with Kai earlier, right?" He asked him. "Uh, yeah. He's still in my room, I think." Sehun simply told him as Luhan held the door open for him. "See you later, Kyungsoo." Luhan said while closing the door. "Bye." Sehun managed to say before the door closed.

 

Kyungsoo went upstairs into Sehun's room. Kai was sitting on the bed. At the sound of the door opening, Kai turned his head to see who it is. A frown was evident on the boy's face. "Kai?" Kyungsoo called out slowly. "I'm okay." He told him. "You're sure?" Kai nodded. "Why wouldn't I be?" Kyungsoo walked over to him. "Well, he went out with Luhan." He reminded him. "I know. He should be able to hang out with the other members." Kai told him. Kyungsoo didn't know how to feel. Kai looked okay but he sounded like he couldn't believe a word he was saying. "You want to go into the kitchen with me?" Kyungsoo asked him as he held out his arm for him to hold. Kai nodded as he got off the bed and held the older's hand and hugged his arm. 




"How about some ice cream?" Luhan suggested as they were walking in town. "Sure." Sehun replied. They walked over to their favorite shop and sat on a table near the window. "We haven't been here in a while." Luhan noted. "That's true. I miss their ice cream." Sehun commented. The waiter came to them and they ordered. Sehun was looking around, noticing the shop's interior design's changed since the last time they came here. Luhan tapped the table with his fingers in a familiar rhythm. Once Sehun was done noticing every difference, he looked at Luhan.  He was still tapping the table. He looked absent-minded as he was looking around. "Is that wolf?" Sehun asked, trying to get Luhan's attention. "Sorry?" Luhan's attention was back. "The song?" He said pointing to his hand. Luhan listened to the rhythm and nodded. "Oh I guess it is. It's been stuck in my head for weeks now." Sehun laughed quietly. The waitress came over and placed their bowls of ice cream on the table with a smile on her face. "Minseok!" Luhan suddenly heard someone say. He turned his head and behind them, he saw Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Xiumin. Baekhyun seemed to be yelling at Xiumin. They weren't that far from them so he decided to listen to what they were talking about. Sehun noticed this. "Hyung?" Luhan shushed him. "Be quiet, Sehunnie. If they look this way they'll know it's us. Your hair is a dead giveaway." Luhan whispered. Sehun felt his arms go up and cover his rainbow-colored hair as a pout formed on his lips. "What are they saying?" Sehun whispered. "I don't know yet." Luhan whispered back. The words began to become clear:

"When we get home, you'll talk to him."

"But, Baek--"

"No more buts, Minnie. You'll talk to him and that's that."

"But..."

"Don't you wanna talk to him?"

"He doesn't want to talk to me..."

"Oh, I'm sure he does." 

"Whatever. I'll talk to him if that's what you want. But I'm sure he won't be too happy."
That's all they said and Luhan sighed after he realized that was the end of their conversation. "Who do you think they're talking about?" Sehun whispered. "Sehun...they're talking about me..." Sehun widened his eyes. "What? How do you know? You don't like Xiumin? Actually...I noticed your distance with him lately but I didn't want to say anything because--" Luhan was shaking his head the whole time. "Sehun." He interrupted him. "Sorry. I knew it was wrong of me." He said as he bowed his head. "Sehun." Luhan called again. "Sorry." Luhan shook his head. "So you don't like him?" Sehun asked. "Let's just say a certain situation happened and now I hate him." Luhan told him. "You...hate him...?" Sehun knew it was wrong. He knew it was so very wrong but he felt extremely happy at that because it meant Sehun was Luhan's favorite person. He couldn't help the huge smile that formed on his face. Luhan cocked an eyebrow as he noticed this. "Why are you smiling?" He asked him. Sehun covered his mouth. He forced himself to remove the smile. He coughed afterwards and apologized. "Anyway, I'm curious as to what he wants to tell me so I might cancel our plans to follow them home, I'm sorry." Luhan told him. "Oh, it's fine. I understand, I guess..." Sehun sadly said as he put a spoonful of ice cream in his mouth.

 

After a while, Luhan heard chairs behind him shift and he knew they were leaving. "Hide." Luhan whispered and Sehun knew just what to do. He grabbed the menu and put it on his head. He and Luhan ducked as the three boys walked passed them. Luhan noticed their expressions. Xiumin looked really sad. Luhan felt a sharp pain and he knew what caused it, guilt. When the trio was out of the shop, Sehun removed the menu and they raised their heads. "So we're leaving now?" Sehun wondered. "Yes." He motioned the waitress their way to pay her. Once they were all done, they left the shop. Sehun was walking unhappily next to a straight faced Luhan. Their paces were not similar; Sehun was behind Luhan a bit. When Luhan noticed this, he slowed himself down a bit. "What's wrong, Hunnie?" He asked him. "What was the certain situation?" He suddenly asked. Luhan looked at him with a confused look. "Because I think I know what it is but I'm too scared to confirm it." Sehun admitted. "What you're scared?" Luhan stopped walking and held Sehun's arms, stopping him as well. "Scared of what?" He asked him. Sehun avoided eye contact. "Please... Please... Say no..." Sehun begged as he looked up. "Did he confess?" Sehun asked Luhan, who widened his eyes. Sehun bit his lips. "Uhm... So you know...?" Luhan was going to ask. "Please answer me!!" Sehun almost yelled. They were outside and Luhan didn't want people to look at them so he decided to answer the question. "Yes...he did." Luhan confirmed and Sehun started to tear up, he kept his head down so Luhan wouldn't see. When Luhan let go of Sehun's arms, he ran away. Luhan didn't say anything and just watched him run. He sighed when he was out of eye-shot and continued his way home.


When he made it home, he almost forgot why he was there until the reason came up to him with the cause and the witness watching him behind the wall. "Hi, Minseok." He decided to greet first. He didn't answer and Luhan could see Baekhyun face palming in the background. "So?" Luhan wondered. Xiumin was looking at the hands he was playing with the whole time. "I..." He started. Luhan patiently waited for him to continue. "I..." Luhan mentally rolled his eyes. Is it that hard? He looked and saw Baekhyun rolling his eyes. He angrily stomped over. "And you tell us not to watch you? What do you think would happen if you didn't have us?" Baekhyun scolded Xiumin with crossed arms. Chanyeol came behind them too. Luhan just watched them, kind of annoyed. "You want us to tell him for you again? Are we going to be your translators forever?" Luhan sighed, not wanting to see this. "Look, Minseok. I don't hate you, okay? We should be able to talk like two normal band members." Luhan told him. Xiumin looked up; slight blush was evident on his cheeks. "And...to be honest I feel bad for what I had told you. We can still be friends." Luhan told him. Xiumin's eyes slowly widened and his expression slowly lifted. Luhan lifted his arms a little, expecting a hug. Xiumin was still staring at his face so he didn't notice. He moved closer and lifted his hands more. Baekhyun pulled Xiumin's head down slightly to get his attention on Luhan's arms. When he understood, he walked straight into Luhan's embrace. Luhan smiled. He feels better about the whole situation. He might not hate Xiumin like he thought he did. "Ugh, finally!" Baekhyun expressed, looking annoyed. "I'm sorry I worried you." Luhan said as he tried to pull out of the hug. Xiumin wouldn't let him; he was the one hugging Luhan now. When Xiumin finally let go, it had been minutes since Baekhyun and Chanyeol decided to leave. Xiumin was blushing as he looked at Luhan. Luhan decided not to mind the long hug as he smiled at Xiumin. "Do you wanna go out together just to get back in the feel of being together?" Luhan suggested and Xiumin agreed.

 

Sehun ran as fast as he could with no destination in mind. He just wanted to get away from Luhan as quickly as possible. After a long time, he decided to stop running. He was in some park he's never been to. Sehun doesn't normally go to parks but he knows he's far from the dorm just by the way everything looks. He wanted to cry but he didn't want to cry alone. He sat on a bench and took out his phone. He texted Kai, knowing no one else to talk to. "Kai please come I need you!" It didn't take long before the reply came. "What's wrong, Sehunnie? Where are you?" Sehun looked around and found a ramen shop he recognized. He texted him the location. "Kyungsoo and I will be there right away!" Sehun felt a bit sad. He only wanted Kai. 

It would be a while before Kai and Kyungsoo came so, Sehun decided to play on the swing. There were only a few kids around so he wasn't worried about being recognized or anything. Unluckily though, a bunch of kids came up to him. They were all looking at him with amazement. He blinked twice as he was confused. Finally one of them spoke. "Is that your natural Color?" Sehun then remembered his new hair and sighed. "No, I dyed it." He told them. "It's really cool!" Another one said. He chuckled as he realized how this must look like to them. "Oppa!" One of them called him and he looked at her. "Can I...touch it?" She shyly asked. "Of course!" He told her as he was about to crouch on the floor. "I want to touch it too!" One of them yelled. "Me too!" And then they all started yelling about his hair. "You can all touch it!" He told them. And they all happily started petting him. After a while, some parents came yelling at their kids. "Minjoon! How could you touch some boy's head? I am so sorry." The woman apologized after scolding her daughter. The other parents did the same. Sehun just told them it was okay and that he didn't mind. "Umma, can I dye my hair like that?" One of kids asked his mom. "No! You will dye your hair like that the day I die!" She told him as she took him and they walked away. Everyone left and Sehun was alone again. The kids made him feel better and he was no longer sad. He sat back on the swing to wait for Kai and Kyungsoo.

 

When Kai and Kyungsoo came, Kai ran towards Sehun with open arms. Sehun stood up to make the hug more comfortable. "I'm so sorry we're late! But this place is pretty far from the dorm." Kai apologized. "It's fine. Thanks for coming." Sehun told him and they stopped hugging. "Why are you all the way here, anyway?" Kai asked him. "I kind of... ran away." Kai widened his eyes. "What? You were with Luhan, weren't you? What did he do!?" Kai questioned worriedly. "Can I tell you at home?" Sehun asked him. "Kyungsoo's car is just there." Kai pointed in the direction they came from. As they were walking, Kai was hugging Sehun's arm. In the car, Kai was trying to get Sehun to talk. "How surprising is it? Does he know you left?" Sehun wasn't answering him; he was looking out the window. The car stopped at a red light and Sehun widened his eyes as he saw two people walking on the sidewalk. Kai noticed his tension and looked out too. "He's with Xiumin hyung." Kai pointed out. "They look happy." Sehun was still looking at them, unsure what to make of it. "Sehun, is it because he left you for him?" Kai asked. Sehun widened his eyes bigger as he made a supposition in his mind. What if he lied? He doesn't hate him? He loves him! They're out on a date now! Sehun became angry. He was about to explode with anger. "Sehunnie? What's wrong?" Kai asked him. Sehun started tearing up. "Sehun?" His face fell and so did his tears. He couldn't help himself as he started to cry uncontrollably. Kai opened his arms and Sehun leaned in. Kai rubbed Sehun's hair to help him calm down.

 

Back at home, Kyungsoo went back to the kitchen to finish his work. Kai told Sehun they should stay with Kyungsoo. They sat on the table. Sehun was a bit calm now but tears were still forming in his eyes. "Do you want me to make something for you, Sehun-ah?" Kyungsoo asked him. Sehun shook his head. He suddenly felt his head get patted. He looked up and, to his horror, saw Luhan. "Hey Hunnie. Sorry I didn't hang out with you like I promised. Something came up. Tomorrow?" Sehun stared at him with wide eyes. He gulped, not knowing what to say. Luhan kept looking at him, waiting for a response, until Xiumin poked his shoulder to get his attention. Luhan left Sehun and went to sit next to Xiumin on the other side of the table. Sehun just watched them helplessly. I knew he liked him more than me... He sadly thought as he watched them laugh with each other. Sehun ended up not even touching his food. He didn't even need to worry about Luhan noticing his gaze because he only looked at Xiumin. When most of the members were done and Luhan was getting up, that's when Sehun stopped staring. He looked around and realized barely anyone was left. Just Kyungsoo, Kai, Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Kyungsoo was starting to clean, Kai was worriedly looking at him, and Baekhyun and Chanyeol were feeding each other. "Eat now." Kai told him. "Huh?" Sehun asked him. "I know you were only thinking of him while he was here, but now you've got to think about eating." Kai told him. Sehun nodded as he began eating. "Are you going to go out with him tomorrow?" Kai asked him after a while. Sehun just glared at him. Kai nodded, understanding. "Do you want to stay with me?" He then asked him with a smile. Sehun looked at him playfully and fell into his embrace. "Would you tell me what happened?" Kai asked him as Sehun returned to his sitting position. "Sure. I think I really need to talk about it." Sehun told him.

 

"You think they're dating?" Kai scoffed. "Don't laugh." Sehun told him, looking a bit embarrassed. "Sorry. But that's just ridiculous. Luhan would never..." Kai started but then realized he should stop there. "He told me he hated him and then we saw them hanging out together. He must've lied." Sehun countered. "Okay, maybe he lied. But they're definitely not dating." Kai assured him. "I want proof." Sehun demanded. "I don't have any." Kai told him. "I know. I want to spy on them." Kai widened his eyes. "What? Are you sure that's a good idea?" He asked incredulously. "Yeah. You're going to help me." Sehun told him. Kai looked reluctant but then agreed.

 

During breakfast, the next morning, Sehun made sure to keep his ears on Luhan and Xiumin's conversation. They were not talking about going out at all. "You should ask him." Kai whispered. "No, then he'll think I want to go with him." Sehun whispered back. "How about we get Kyungsoo to help us out?" Kai suggested. "How?" Sehun asked him. Kai got up and went to Kyungsoo who was cleaning the counters. He whispered something to him before coming back. "So?" Sehun asked. "Luhan hyung." Kyungsoo called out. When he got his attention, he continued. "Are you busy today?" He asked him. "No. Why?" Luhan wondered. "I was wondering if you could help me out." Luhan nodded. "Sure." Sehun turned to look at Kai. "How does this help?" Kai smiled to himself. "Kyungsoo will give him things to do and leave. Xiumin will stay with him and you can see them interact." Kai made sure to quietly say. "How are you so good at this?" Sehun said, shaking his head. Kai slightly blushed. "Umm...there's also a camera installed in the kitchen so you don't have to worry about being seen." Kai changed the subject. "Wait, why is there a camera in the kitchen?" Sehun asked him. "That...actually, I don't know either." Kai admitted.

 

After everyone was done eating, Kyungsoo was talking to Kai and Sehun and Luhan was still talking with Xiumin. "Okay, let's go, Sehunnie." Kai said as they began to leave. "Okay, I really need to go buy things before they get sold out. Thank you for helping me." Kyungsoo told them before leaving as well. "No problem." Luhan made sure to say before he left. Xiumin suddenly latched onto Luhan, hugging him tight. He made a soft sound of comfort. "You want to help me?" Luhan asked him. "We don't have to start now." Xiumin said. "Okay, what do you want to do?" Luhan asked him. "I shouldn't answer that question." Xiumin said as he giggled quietly. "Oh." Luhan answered. 

 

"Look! Look! Do you see that!? They're flirting!" Sehun almost yelled in Kai's face while pointing at the screen in front of them. They were in Kai and Kyungsoo's room. Kai decided not to say anything. They continued to watch and Sehun freaked out about everything. Later, Luhan was washing the dishes and Xiumin was back-hugging him while whispering things and, Sehun was biting on Kai's arm. He was biting his own arm earlier and Kai told him to stop so instead, he chose to bite Kai's arm. "Ow! Ow! Ow!" Kai complained, trying to pull his arm away. Sehun glared at him and that made him stop protesting. More things happened that would annoy Sehun, who would do stuff to annoy Kai. Finally, they were done cleaning and they decided to go upstairs. Kai texted Kyungsoo to come back. Sehun got up and opened the door. When Luhan and Xiumin were upstairs, Luhan greeted him. "Hey, Sehunnie. What's up?" Sehun didn't say anything he just looked at him with his serious face. "What's wrong?" Luhan asked him. Xiumin was pulling his arm in the direction of their room, so Luhan couldn't stay to talk with Sehun. Sehun glared as he watched his favorite person get dragged by his least favorite person. Luhan noticed his bitter face and tried to give him an apologetic one, but failed since Xiumin pulled him into their shared room. Sehun let out an annoyed sigh. Kai got up and walked to him. "You know, one thing: they didn't kiss!" Kai tried to make him feel better. "They're probably kissing in there." Sehun responded annoyed. 

 

Later at Lunch, Sehun was glaring at Luhan and Xiumin the whole time. Luhan noticed this. He wanted to see what was wrong but it's as if Xiumin wouldn't let him. Every time, he turned his attention to Sehun, Xiumin would call him. This time he decided to call Sehun immediately. "Hey, Hunnie." Luhan called out, hearing the annoyed sigh beside him. Sehun was still glaring. "You're annoyed, aren't you? I'm sorry. Let's hang out today." Luhan told him. Xiumin grabbed his arm and pulled it like a child, a way to tell him to stay with him. "No." Sehun said. "You want to hang out with Xiumin, right?" Luhan suddenly remembered back when he always hung out with Xiumin and Left Sehun out. He was repeating the same thing. "Let's all hang out together." He suggested. "I'm not staying anywhere near him." Sehun and Xiumin both said at the same time, surprising Luhan. "Oh..." Luhan sadly replied. "Stay with me." Xiumin told him, his arms were still around Luhan's. "Yes, stay with him." Sehun said, clearly unhappy. "Okay, today I'll stay with Minnie. But, tomorrow, I promise I'll stay with you, okay?" Luhan told Sehun. The latter still looked angry. "Don't make promises. I don't even want to stay with you." Luhan knew that wasn't true but didn't know how to make him admit it. "Just don't even worry. You want to hang out with hyung, so hang out with him." Sehun concluded as he got up and left the kitchen. Xiumin was smiling as he was hugging Luhan's arm. The latter sighed. "Why are you so needy?" Luhan angrily whispered to Xiumin, who unexpectedly let go and sat up straight. Luhan looked at him and he looked hurt. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that, it's just--" Xiumin interrupted him. "It's fine." It was the last thing he said before he got up and left. Luhan sighed again. He now has upset two people. 

 

Sehun was sitting in his room, using his phone. He was looking at his pictures. 95% of them were Luhan. He was looking at all of them, one at a time, and deleting them after 5 minutes of staring at them. He'll never love me...I should just force myself to hate him... He thought to himself. A knock was heard on his door. "Come in." He said so quietly, it's a miracle he was heard. Kai came in. He went right over to sit next to him and side hugged him. Sehun was unfazed; he just kept doing the same thing he was doing earlier. "Aww, why are you deleting all of your pictures of him?" Kai wondered after seeing him delete one. "Because...it's pointless to have them." Sehun told him, he sounded hurt. "Don't you wanna, I don't know, admire his beauty?" Kai wondered. Sehun was heard sniffling. "It doesn't belong to me..." He said, voice breaking, as he began crying. Kai hugged him. 

 

Luhan entered his room and saw Xiumin sitting on his bed. "What are you doing?" Luhan wondered. Xiumin didn't answer. He went to sit next to him. "Sorry, I really am. I didn't mean it like that. I was just upset that I made Sehun upset." Luhan tried to comfort Xiumin by putting his hand around him, but he flinched. "No, it's true. Ever since you told me you weren't bothered anymore, I've been taking advantage of it. I shouldn't be. I'm sorry. You said we could be friends again, not lovers. So, I really have no excuse to be touching you all the time. And I shouldn't be taking all your time. You should hang out with whoever you want..." Xiumin told him. Luhan smiled. "Thank you, Minnie." Luhan said as he came in to hug him, but he flinched again. "What? It's just a hug." Luhan asked him. "I don't want to touch you..." Xiumin told him. "But, I'm allowing you to." Xiumin shook his head. "Okay, I’m going to go make up with Sehun." Luhan said as he left.

 

Luhan knocked on the door and had to wait a while before it opened. Kai answered the door. "Sorry, we're busy." Kai lied to get him to leave. "Please. I need to talk to him." Luhan pleaded. "But..." Kai started. "It's okay." Sehun was heard saying. "Come in, hyung." Sehun told him as he did. Luhan didn't say anything but he could tell Sehun had been crying. "What?" Sehun asked him. "Umm, I just want you to know, that I am completely free today and tomorrow." Luhan told him. "So?" Sehun asked him. "So? Isn't it obvious? I'm telling you we should hang out." Luhan clarified. "Hang out with Xiumin hyung." Sehun told him. "I don't want to. I want to hang out with you." Luhan told him. "That doesn't make any sense." Sehun said. Luhan sighed as he knew what he meant. "I don't like Xiumin more than you." He told him. "Oh, I know. You hate him." Sehun bitterly reminded him. "Oh~!" Luhan remembered. Sehun glared at him. "I forgot to tell you. We talked and things are better now." Luhan told him. Sehun's glare remained. "Yeah, okay." He said in disbelief. "What? You don't believe me?" Luhan wondered. "That's it." Sehun told him. "You think I'm lying?" Luhan asked. "Yes." Sehun answered. Luhan gave him a look, offended that Sehun thinks he's lying. "I'm not lying. I would never lie." Luhan tried to convince him. "Look, hyung. I don't care. You could have just told me, I wouldn't have minded." Sehun told him. "But I really did hate him." Luhan told him. "And then you suddenly loved him?" Sehun accused. "We talked." Luhan repeated. "Whatever, hyung." Sehun said as he crossed his arms and leaned on the wall. "But, Sehunnie, I want you to know the truth." Sehun didn't say anything, showing he didn't care. "What is it that you think is going on exactly?" Luhan asked. "What is." Sehun answered. "Please be more specific." Sehun looked at him. "I know you two are going out." Sehun told him and Luhan widened his eyes. "What? You think--" Luhan suddenly started coughing. "See? Coughing is a sign of a guilty conscience." Sehun told him. "That's not it. I can't believe you would think that. Sehun, I'm not gay." An arrow hit Sehun right in the heart. Though he already knew, it hurt to hear it. "I thought it was obvious. That's why I hated him, I can't stand gays. But after realizing he can't help the way he feels, I feel a little more lax about it." Luhan told him. Sehun felt an arrow hit him with every word. "Do you understand?" Luhan asked him. Sehun nodded. "So do you want to hang out?" Sehun didn't say anything. Kai, who had been standing near the door, knew exactly why as he went over to them. "Uhh, hyung maybe you should go now." He told him as he grabbed his arm to pull him up. "Okay, but I'd like to know." He said as he got up. "He'll think about it." Kai told him, dragging him to the door. "Um, okay." Luhan said as he left. Kai closed the door and quickly went to Sehun, to comfort him. As soon as Sehun felt Kai's arms around him, he leaned his head on his shoulder and let his tears out.



Lay woke up late one morning. He went into the kitchen and saw Suho washing dishes. "Is there any more food?" He asked quietly, still tired. There was no answer and instead of repeating himself, Lay came to the conclusion that he did hear him but ignored him. Lay went over to the counter and saw some leftovers. He grabbed a plate and put some as he went to the table to eat. He ate angrily. He was upset that Suho ignored him because they weren't in a situation. Nothing happened for him to ignore him. "Are you done?" He heard him say. He looked at him. Suho didn't have any specific face on, it looked neutral. "Umm, yeah." He said, unsure. Suho grabbed his plate and went back to the sink. Okay so he's not ignoring me. Why didn't he say hi or something? We're supposed to be friends. Lay wondered. "Do you need any help?" Lay decided to ask. "No." He answered simply. Lay sighed, confused. "Do you want to go out later?" He tried. "No." Lay blinked. What kind of a response was that? He gave up and went upstairs.


Okay, i didn't re-read it so that i could hurry up and update. This is pretty long. Longer than usual. I don't like the way i wrote this chapter...i feel like i was writing something for little kids to be honest plus, i'm pretty sure too much crying and sad things happened here. I'm not going to remove or change anything though. I hope it's not annoying. I got annoyed in the end and added some SuLay haha. It's the start of something. BTW Since, Suho and Lay are the same age they're pretty close so, it's obviously pretty weird of Suho to be acting like this, don't think Lay is over-reacting. Or do, idk. Anyway, i'll re-read it when i have time and add more stuff later. I also don't have a title yet and i'm not going to wack my brain trying to think of one, so i'll write one later.

 

BTW i really love the picture i used! I think it's appropirate for when he was talking to Xiumin and told him "Why are you so needy?" I mean, he wasn't pointing at him and talking that loudly but you know. It works, right?

 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/chat/view_room/14696/0/new-story