Valentine's Day

Why Did It Have To Be You?

 

Sehun was on his bed, with probably more than 10 different types of chocolate in front of him. He was contemplating which one he was going to give to Luhan. He didn't know what Luhan’s favorite kind was because, well it just wasn't something that came up. And all the other Valentines, he was never with him. In China or with Xiumin all day so he never got to give him any. This year, Luhan was in Korea and free. That filled him with determination. But he was also anxious. He decided to ask the members who were close with him. First he went to Lay, who was in his room. "His favorite chocolate?" Lay repeated, a little confused. Sehun nodded. "Well, I don't know if it's his favorite but, once he and I were eating chocolate with almonds inside." Sehun thought for a little. "Hmm okay, thanks." He left but decided to keep asking just in case. 

He saw Kris and Suho sitting on the couch, watching TV. "Hey, hyungs! By any chance, do you guys know what Luhan hyung's favorite chocolate is?" He whispered in case Luhan was in the kitchen or somewhere near. The two shared a look of confusion. "Favorite chocolate?" They repeated in unison. He nodded. "Well, I do know he doesn't like dark chocolate. It's too bitter, he says." Kris let him know. "Sorry, I don't really know." Suho said. "Okay, thanks anyway." He went into the kitchen, to look for anyone else who could help. He saw Kyungsoo sitting on the table, reading a book. Xiumin was there on his phone and Luhan using the fridge. He went over to Xiumin thinking he might know more than Kyungsoo. "Yah!" He whispered really quietly. Xiumin widened his eyes when he noticed him. "What do you want?" He said normally, attracting the attention of the others in here. Sehun face palmed. "Don't you think I was whispering for a reason?" He said, annoyed. "Hey, Hunnie! What are you doing?" Luhan called out. "Ah..." Suddenly Sehun's face flushed. "Just chatting with Xiumin hyung." He said nervously. Luhan was still smiling warmly. "Pabo hyung..." He whispered to Xiumin, who glared. Luhan walked out. "Well, I'll leave you to it." He said before leaving. The two were glaring at each other. "Look what you did! We were talking!" Xiumin yelled. "What I did!? I was gonna whisper a question expecting you to whisper the answer. Then, I was gonna leave, And Luhan wouldn't have left. So, it's your fault!" Sehun continued yelling. Kyungsoo was looking at them weirdly now. "Whatever!" Xiumin scoffed and Sehun opened his mouth. "Hey, you have no reason to be mad! I’m the one mad at you, remember!?" When Sehun said that, Xiumin froze. "Y-yeah..." He said with his head down. Sehun nodded. "Well, anyway, do you happen to know hyung's favorite chocolate?" Xiumin's expression then changed into confusion. "Luhan's?" Sehun nodded. Xiumin scoffed. "You're giving him chocolate, tomorrow, is that it?" Xiumin noted. He smiled when he noticed Sehun's blush. "Well, I always give him flavored chocolate." Sehun widened his eyes. "That's what he likes!?" Xiumin nodded. "He's always happy to get them so, I assume he does." Sehun hugged Xiumin, apparently happy. Xiumin was shocked, this was the first time they had hugged. Luhan then walked into the room and smiled when he saw the skinship. Xiumin blushed when he saw the beautiful smile. He felt kind of happy Sehun couldn't see it. Sehun would have kept hugging him if Luhan hadn't started giggling. He immediately retracted and blushed. "Cute..." Sehun heard him whisper in between giggles and his blush deepened because he found Luhan irresistible when he laughed. Unbeknownst to Sehun, Xiumin was going through the same thing. Kyungsoo had been watching everything from the moment Sehun came in, he sipped his coffee as everything became clear to him.

 


 

Sehun woke up extremely happy. It was his first Valentines with Luhan and he wasn't going to let anything ruin such an amazing day. He got up and took a glance towards the other bed in the room realizing Suho was up and probably downstairs helping Kyungsoo get ready for breakfast, as he always does. He went to the bathroom to get ready. He was humming to himself as he was excited. He mentally decided to go downstairs late so that he could give out his chocolates. He went back to his room to re-count the number of chocolate he had. A while after he heard Kyungsoo call for breakfast, a knock was heard on his door. Kai came in. "Sehun-ah, are you okay?" Sehun nodded as Kai walked over to him. "Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" He asked, confused. "Well, you're usually one of the first people downstairs so, I thought something had happened." Sehun shook his head. "Is everyone in the kitchen?" Kai nodded. He went over to open the door as Sehun got out of bed, holding a basket. Kai smiled kind of happy for him as he knows how happy he is. His smile immediately faded when he looked inside the basket. "How many chocolates did you buy?!" Sehun looked back inside his basket and tried to remember how many he counted. “Uh...112, I think..." Kai cocked his eyebrow. "Why that many?" Sehun smiled. "Well, duh, one for all the members except you and Luhan. You get two and well...he gets the rest..." Sehun's smile got cheekier as he finished. Kai's mouth was still open. "100?" He said as he slowly regained himself. "Sehun, if you really loved him, you would have gotten him a granola bar or something." Sehun went over to open the door, ignoring what the older said. 

Once downstairs, everyone looked at him as he entered the kitchen. "Why are you so late today, Sehun-ah?" Suho asked. Sehun was still smiling eagerly as he walked over to him. Without saying anything, he passed a chocolate bar to everyone on the table except Luhan. Everyone gave him a smile and a thanks except Xiumin who started with "even me?" Before thanking him. Luhan realized he was the only one who hadn't gotten a chocolate as he saw Sehun giving some to Kai. He didn't care about the chocolate, but the fact that Sehun left him out upset him. He tried not to show it though. After a while, Sehun was still talking to Kai, Luhan noticed blush on Sehun's face and guessed it was because he was happy. He continued his breakfast as if nothing had happened.

 

"Here you go, Kai! Two bars! Also, don't tell anyone; yours are the biggest." Sehun whispered that last part. Kai smiled. "Thanks. Are you gonna go give him the basket now?" Sehun had been smiling giddily at Luhan but turned his head to answer him. "No, silly, I'm giving him the chocolate!" He answered quickly and turned his head back. Kai sighed. This was normal, Sehun usually acted stupid when he was focusing on Luhan rather than what he was talking about. "Okay, are you gonna go?" He kept looking at him, waiting for response. "Sehun, aren't you going?" He was asking in vain since the younger had been staring at someone the whole time. "Sehun." Kai called, poking the cheek of the other. "Huh?" Sehun asked apparently unaware of anything. "Go give him his chocolates." He said firmly. "Right." Sehun answered right away. He turned his body a bit and prepared for the first step but immediately turned back to face Kai. "What do I do?" Sehun asked now worried and nervous. "You walk towards him and smile as you give him the basket." Kai instructed. Sehun ce again and turned back after a few seconds. "What do I say?" He asked again. "'Happy Valentine's Day!'" Kai exclaimed to let him know. Sehun slowly turned and this time, probably a full minute passed before he turned back with blush on his face, looking really nervous. "I can't do this!" He whined. "He's almost done eating!" Kai told him. "What if he has plans, what would you then?" Sehun looked down. "I...I don't know..." He looked back up. "I'll give it to him." He said as he turned around. After a few seconds, Kai decided not to take any chances so he pushed his friend towards his crush.

"Hey, Hunnie!" Luhan greeted. "H...hi..." Sehun replied after trying to regain his balance. "You didn't eat yet, are you hungry? Kyungsoo didn't make anything today, we're eating leftovers and cereal. Which would you like?" After asking, Luhan waited patiently, as he stared at Sehun, for an answer. Sehun realized they were making serious eye contact now and started feeling hot. After a few moments of silence, Luhan spoke up again. "Sehunnie?" The said boy widened his eyes and turned his head a little to cough. "Um...yes. Sorry." Luhan cocked his eyebrow. "Are you okay?" Sehun nodded. "Are you hungry then?" Sehun started to blush. In his head, he was feeling so many emotions. He didn't know how to answer, so instead, weird noises came out of him. "Aah....uh...ehh...mm...nnn--" they were quickly interrupted by Luhan. "Is there something wrong with you?" Sehun stopped and felt like crying. He bowed his head and held the basket in front of him, so that Luhan could take it. Luhan stared at it a little, examining it. He looked back at Sehun waiting for him to say something. Sehun couldn't see him so, he didn't know. But he felt his stare so he slowly put his head up and immediately put it back down when he got confirmation. "Uh...chocolate." Sehun said as if Luhan had never seen such things. "Yes but, are you giving them to me?" Sehun thought his cluelessness was so cute he couldn't help but giggle and smile. With his head still down, he heard Luhan laugh too. Luhan took the basket from him, looking at its contents. "Wow, how many bars are there in here?" Sehun slowly lifted his head, blush evident on his cheeks. "All for me?" Luhan asked. Sehun just nodded. Luhan set the basket on the table and gave Sehun a hug, a tight one. Sehun isn't even surprised anymore, with the strength of the boy that is. The hug still sent vibrations through his body and made his limbs feel weak. His heart never let him breathe when he was near Luhan but, he continues to ignore it. He could stop breathing completely and still wouldn't mind as long as it's done in Luhan's arms. "Thank you, Sehun." Luhan whispered in Sehun's ear. On the outside, Sehun may look normal, aside from his pink face, but on the inside, he was exploding; both his heart and with emotions. Kai had been watching everything, and while they were hugging, he noticed he wasn't the only one. There was Xiumin who looked like he was gonna destroy his phone; with the grip he had on it, his face was also that of rage. His lips looked like they were about to bleed from the pressure of his teeth. He also noticed Kyungsoo who, while talking with Suho, was also looking at them. His expression was corresponding to whatever conversation he was having since it would change from, neutral to a smile to confusion. So he didn't know what he was thinking. He was probably simply acknowledging it. 

 

Sehun and Luhan were sitting across from each other on the kitchen table with Xiumin and Kai next to their respective friends. "Sehun, I got you some Valentine's chocolate too." Luhan said before getting up and walking towards the fridge. He came back with three cups in his hands. He set them on the table and went back to grab three more before shutting the fridge door and coming back to the table. "I got them all for you. 6 chocolate bubble tea." Luhan told him with a smile. Sehun just stared at them for a good few seconds before looking back at Luhan. They looked at each other, both smiling. After a while Sehun realized something. "Oh, how about we each drink one?" He suggested. "Whatever you like, they are yours." So, everyone grabbed one and started drinking. Luhan decided he would also give a chocolate bar to everyone. They all sat there, chatting and eating chocolate.

 


 

Sehun sat there, on his bed, thinking about a specific someone. EXO-M had gone to China and he was left Luhan-less. The whole morning he had stayed in his room, having nothing better to do than imagining things that would never happen. Kai insisted he ate something since they were leaving soon for schedules but, he didn't. So, when they preformed one of their songs on stage, he almost gave in to the pain but obviously, performer's instinct. When they finished, he sat on the chair in the makeup room, practically expecting Kai to come running over with some food. He looked around after a few minutes and saw him sitting on a chair, having conversation with a stylist who was also doing his makeup. For whatever reason, Sehun got angry. He felt like Kai had been taken away from him. He grumbled to himself as if it would make things better. Feeling like his friendship was abandoned; he went over to Chanyeol, another member he was close with. "Hey buddy!" Sehun declared a little loudly, almost as if he was trying to get someone's attention. "Oh, hi Sehun." Chanyeol greeted. He was eating a sandwich that Baekhyun had brought him earlier and thinking about that made him sad, it wasn't even about the food anymore. When Kai went over to them asking "what's up?”, Sehun immediately got up to walk away yelling "of course you don't know!" Kai just looked at him with a confused expression. "I think he's just hungry." Chanyeol told him nonchalantly, focusing on his sandwich. "You should have seen the way he was looking at my sandwich." He said right before taking a huge bite. Kai left, deciding to leave them alone.

Sehun sat back on the same chair he was on before. He sighed. He felt bad for yelling like that, he was never the type to get angry when he was hungry. Actually, he's certain that it had nothing to do with that. Kai came over to him with a tray full of food. "Eat up" he simply told him, setting the tray on the younger's lap. He sat on the chair next to him. Sehun stared at the food. He concluded this was the perfect amount to satisfy his hunger. He looked back at Kai who was already looking at him. His expression looked annoyed as if he was annoyed from always doing things for Sehun yet, it looked relaxed as if it was really okay with it. Sehun wasn't sure but he thinks he sees a glint of amusement in his eyes as well. Kai's lips formed a smile. Their eye contact lasted longer than expected. They only stopped after Sehun's stomach growled. He lightly blushed out of embarrassment. He thanked Kai for the food and began eating. The latter didn't move an inch. Kai watched Sehun eat everything on the tray, he occasionally made weird noises which made him blush and apologize. When he was done, he got up which seemed to have surprised Kai a little. Right then, a stylist came up to them letting them know that the next performance was in 5 minutes so they had to do some last minute makeup and hair styling to make sure everything was perfect.

 


 

Luhan had just finished getting his hair fixed courtesy of a stylist. He went to the mirror to admire her work. Xiumin came up to him. "Hi Minnie!" Luhan greeted cheerfully. "Hi Luhan." He greeted back. "Are you ready? I can't wait! I love performing for our fans!" Luhan excitedly proclaimed. Xiumin hummed a response. When they came back from the performance, Luhan immediately went up to the stylist as he likes to look good plus, he didn't like sweating. Xiumin stood watching the stylist fix Luhan's hair. When he had finished, Xiumin complimented his hair and suggested they go get food. Luhan searched especially for any Japanese food. "I bet this is what Sehun's eating!" He said excitedly as he kept looking. "Why?" Xiumin asked a bit confused as he just got regular food. "Because, Sehun loves Japanese food!" He said as he excitedly grabbed two Onigiri. Xiumin said "oh" as if he had just learned some important information but really he was boiling on the inside with anger and jealousy. He tried to convince himself that it was okay. It's not like he isn't allowed to talk about the other members...but it wouldn't work he wanted Luhan to focus all his attention on him and to talk only about him. He ended up barely touching his food as he was endorsed in just looking at Luhan and thinking about him.


Sorry. Actually, exams ended a week ago. Last monday. During that time, i've been writing this chapter! It's probably not that great. I wasn't really done but since it's been long since i updated, i figured it was okay to end it here. I'll continue the rest of what happens this day in the next chapter. Also, last chapter, the amusement park, that was February 21st, okay? so, Valentine's day, February 14th and after that, those performances, somewhere between February 22nd and March 25th. It doesn't matter. Why March 25th? Because, next chapter will also be about Xiumin's birthday! Which is March 26th. Well, i think that's it. If there are any questions i'll answer them.

BTW i really like that GIF! Doesn't anyone else? It's like Luhan's all okay with this cuz he likes his fans and would do anything for them. And then there's Sehun who's probably thinking: "YES! FINALLY! I MADE A HEART WITH LUHAN!" And he's just so happy. Look at his genuine smile! So Cute!

Look forward to the next chapter?