Kai's Secret*

Why Did It Have To Be You?

Recently, EXO hasn't much time for anything since they've been practicing for their upcoming song. Sehun is now in that phase where he wants to tell his crush all about his feelings. The only thing stopping him is Kai trying to remind him the consequence. "I wish it could happen like in those dramas. You know which ones I'm talking about, right!?" Sehun and Kai were resting from almost 3 hours of practicing. Kai whispered something incomprehensible so Sehun asked him to repeat it. "The ones where he declines your love and you cry yourself to death...?" Sehun could tell that wasn't what he said first but shrugged it off. Luhan started walking to them. "Hey, Sehunnie. You danced well." Sehun couldn't help himself and jumped on Luhan. Luhan laughed and Kai glared at them. When Sehun finally let Luhan go, and Luhan left, Kai scolded Sehun. "You're only gonna get hurt, Sehun." Sehun was cupping his warm face. "Do you think he notices my pink cheeks?" Sehun wondered, ignoring his older. "Listen to me! I'm trying to teach you about life!" Sehun looked at him. "Hmm? Did you say something?" Kai sighed. "I think I'm going to confess, Kai." Kai widened his eyes as soon as he said that. "What? No!" He blurted out. "Why? I think I'm ready." Sehun told him. Kai furiously shook his head. "Sehun he's going to reject you. He's going to break your heart. Listen to me!" Kai tried to convince him. "Luhan is nice. I don't think my heart will be broken." Sehun thought. "Do you he's going to accept?" Sehun thought about it. "No. He might not. I just want him to know!" Kai immediately retorted. "But he won't like you??" Sehun nodded. "If he doesn't, I'll be okay." Kai kept looking at him. "But he won't just decline, Sehun. He will reject you. He will hurt you." Sehun then furrowed his brows as he turned to look at him. "How do you know?" He asked him. "I just do!" Kai replied. "You don't know Luhan as much as I do." He said, crossing his arms. Kai sighed in defeat, knowing he will never convince Sehun.

 

Later at dinner, everyone was eating. Some of the members finished and there were only about 6 members left. Kai was sitting in front of Sehun who was sitting next to Luhan. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were next to Kai and Kyungsoo was cleaning after the other members. Luhan kept accidentally elbowing Sehun since he was using both of his hands. Sehun never said anything each time he apologized; he just blushed and smiled to himself. Kai kept glaring at them each time something would happen. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were whispering things to each other and laughing. Kyungsoo eyed the table a few times. Sehun suddenly called Luhan and Kai knew from the tone of his voice he was going to say something embarrassing. So, being the good friend Kai is, he decided to embarrass himself so that Sehun could be safe. "Sehun, I stole your phone yesterday. Sorry about that. I also impersonated you and flirted with some random people." He lied. Sehun widened his eyes and ran upstairs to retrieve his phone. Kai sighed, relieved to have saved him. A few minutes later, Sehun came back, looking through his phone. "I don't get it, I can't find the conversations." Sehun wondered, still checking his phone. "Ah, I deleted them." Kai continued to lie. "Who did you talk to?" Sehun asked. Kai thought. "Uhh, I don't know." He really didn't know. "Don't you remember their names?" Sehun asked. Kai shook his head. Sehun sighed. "How embarrassing..." He said, scratched his head. Kai doesn't mind making himself look bad, as long as Sehun is okay. "They didn't recognize him, did they? Like, as an idol." Luhan asked Kai who shook his head. Luhan then left and went to wash himself. Sehun sighed as he left the room. "See how caring he is?" He said, admiring him. Baekhyun and Chanyeol laughed with each other again.

 

Sehun and Kai were hanging out in Sehun's room. Sehun was still talking about Luhan and Kai was just listening. "What if he likes me?" Sehun thought. "He doesn't." Kai retorted. "How can you be sure?" Sehun asked him. Kai shrugged. "Anyway, why do you want to confess so badly?" Kai asked. "I just do. The feeling must be amazing. I want Luhan to know everything!" Sehun expressed. "What are you going to do if he accepts?" Kai continued. "Isn't it obvious? Die of happiness!" Sehun said, holding his heart and pretending to die. "Must be great..." Kai said sounding disappointed. "You just need to find love, Kai." Sehun told him and when he got no reply, he gasped. "Kai, you like someone?" He said excitedly. Kai simply nodded. "No way who?" Sehun leaned closer to Kai, eager to find out. Kai didn't say anything. "Come on! You know that I like Luhan! Why are you being like this?" Sehun almost yelled. "It's...embarrassing..." Kai told him. "You think liking Luhan isn't?" Kai shook his head. "That's not it. It's actually kind of obvious." Kai told him. "Ooh! Guessing game!" Sehun exclaimed. "I will watch you very carefully, Kim Kai!" He told him in a challenging tone. After a while, Sehun fell asleep. Kai took this opportunity to examine the boy. He looked at his face carefully. When he took note of everything, he started using his hand. He placed it gently on his warm face and closed his eyes. He slowly went down, unaware if his actions and his lips touched with Sehun's. They went lower in the form of a kiss. Kai was kissing Sehun. Sehun suddenly opened his eyes, aware that his face was being violated. He got up and pushed Kai off him. "What are you doing!?" He exclaimed loudly. "Testing you..." He began lying again, as he always does. "Testing me for what?" Sehun wondered. "For...when you kiss Luhan. You have to be ready." Kai said monotonously. "But that was my first kiss and I wanted it to be with Luhan..." Sehun sadly said. "Is that really what kissing is like?" Sehun asked. "You didn't like it?" Kai asked him. "I thought kissing felt good since they do it a lot in dramas." Kai nodded as if there was nothing to say. Kai suddenly left. When he shut the door behind him, he started crying uncontrollably. He didn't want Sehun to hear him though so, he went to his room. 

 

When he opened the door, Kyungsoo got up to attend to his needs. Kai closed the door behind him as Kyungsoo was near him. "Kai? What happened?" He wondered, as he opened his arms and went closer to him. Kai just walked into his embrace and cried into his shoulder. He was really crying. Kyungsoo comforted Kai for a while before they sat down. Kai was still crying a lot on Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo tried to console him. After a long time, Kai started to calm down. "There. What is it? Heartbreak?" Kyungsoo wondered. Kai simply nodded. "Ah~" Kyungsoo replied. "Who is it?" Kyungsoo curiously asked. At that though, Kai started to cry again. "Oh okay, okay. Don't think about them then." Kyungsoo tried to comfort. Kai stayed in Kyungsoo's arms for a few hours with the latter trying to help him. "Kai? Aren't you tired? I think it's time to sleep." Kyungsoo suggested. Kai refused to get up though but Kyungsoo really wanted to sleep. "Then do you want to sleep on my bed?" Kai nodded. Kyungsoo got up and walked to the other side of the room. "I'll sleep on your bed then." He simply said and they both went to sleep.

When it was morning, Kai told Kyungsoo that he couldn't go downstairs. "Why?" Kai didn't say anything. Kyungsoo agreed as there was nothing else he could do. "I'll bring you your breakfast." He told him. He went downstairs to make breakfast.

 

When all the members were in the kitchen and Kyungsoo finished the food, he made a plate for Kai. He went upstairs to give it to him. "Here, Kai." He said giving him the plate. Kai was looking at something on his phone. He put his phone aside to eat. "Are you going to tell me who it is?" Kyungsoo asked, noticing his lighter expression. Kai stopped eating and thought for a little. "You won't like it." He said.  "I doubt it." He responded. "It's one of our members..." He said, blushing out of embarrassment. Kyungsoo didn't bat an eye. "Aren't you shocked?" Kai asked him. Kyungsoo shook his head. "Not at all." Kai sighed of relief.

 

A few days past of Kai shutting himself in his room. He was planning on staying the rest of his life confined in his room. The door opened which revealed Kyungsoo. "They're all getting worried you know. I lied and told them you were sick and didn't want to infect them." He told him. "Thank you." Kai thanked him. "You should go." Kyungsoo said. "But..." He started. "You can't stay here forever." Kyungsoo simply told him. Kai eventually agreed. They went downstairs and entered the kitchen. Kai was unfortunately spotted by Sehun and pulled by the arm. He made him sit next to him. Suddenly Sehun remembered something. "Ah! I have something I need to tell you!" He exclaimed as he dragged his arm to the end of the stairs, outside of the kitchen. Kyungsoo felt worried and grabbed a cup, placing it on the wall, to hear the conversation. "Luhan's been kissing my cheek a lot lately!" He whispered excitedly. When there was no reply, Kyungsoo immediately ran, placing the cup on the counter. Without a word, he kept running. "Why aren't you happy?" Sehun was heard saying before Kyungsoo grabbed Kai's arm and pulled him upstairs, without stopping. "Yah! We were talking!" Sehun yelled. He grumbled and went back in the kitchen. Kyungsoo kept running till the top of the stairs, he ran in the bathroom, shut the door quickly and slammed Kai's body on the door. Kai widened his teary eyes. Kyungsoo took a minute to breathe. "Kai...oh my god... You poor thing..." He said, still breathing. He hugged the boy. "It's Sehun, isn't it? Oh god... He's always complaining to you about Luhan. How hard must that have been for you? Your crush talking to you about his crush." Kyungsoo pointed out. Kai, who's crying on his shoulder, hugged him back.

 

Back, in the studio, they've been practicing all day. They all sat down and relaxed a bit before going home. "Kai! Kai! Guess what!?" Sehun exclaimed, as he happily came over to the boy. Kai looked up at him. He looked as he always did. You'd never guess; he was hurting inside. "What is it, Sehun?" He wondered. "Luhan said he thinks I'm the best dancer!" Sehun exclaimed happily. "He's not lying." He told him. Sehun sat down next to him. D.O came to them. "Here you go, Kai." He said giving the said boy a can of juice. "Thanks, hyung." He said as he started drinking. "Do you want one, Sehun?" Kyungsoo asked him. He shook his head. "No thank you, hyung." Baekhyun came to Sehun and whispered something in his ear while pointing at something. When Sehun looked at what his finger was pointing at, he blushed a lot and almost fainted. Baekhyun laughed as he skipped back towards Chanyeol. Kai and Kyungsoo looked at what made Sehun like that and saw a shirtless Luhan dancing. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and then looked at Kai. He didn't look very hurt, thankfully. He looked annoyed. 

 

Once they were all home and getting ready for bed, Sehun got his clothes and went to the bathroom. When he opened the door, he widened his eyes as far as they go before shutting them completely and covering his face with his clothes. "S-sorry..." He tried to apologize. Luhan, who was only wearing a towel around his waist, just looked at him with a confused expression. "What's wrong? I'm done if you need it." Luhan said nonchalantly, grabbing his clothes and walking out. Sehun was shaking the entire time. When Luhan was back in his room, he sighed. He didn't even have time to finish his breath since the door was wacked open and Xiumin ran out like a rocket and zoomed down the stairs. Luhan, whose eyes were wide, closed the door again. Sehun blinked twice before going into the bathroom.

 

The team just finished recording one of their songs. "Awoo~!" Chanyeol repeated as they exited the recording studio. "That song is going to be stuck in my head for a long time." Baekhyun stated, gaining responses of agreement. They had to practice dancing now so they were on their way to the dance room. Some of them came later because they went to buy a drink. So the ones who came in first, had to wait for them. Sehun came in and went straight to Kai, squealing eagerly. "Kai! Luhan's voice was so good, don't you think?! Ahh~ I could hear it all day!" He exclaimed. Kai's face was kind of bitter. "Huh? You don't think so? I get it. It's because you think the one you like sounds better, right?" Kai just nodded. Sehun laughed. "Here." He said giving him a drink. Kai thanked him and was about to start drinking but the members all came in and Suho said they should hurry up and practice. As what has been happening frequently, Luhan would get hot and take off his shirt and Sehun would react like a little girl. Baekhyun and Chanyeol would always catch his reaction and laugh. Kai would always glare at Luhan.

 

"Kai-yah!" Sehun was yelling so loud, the neighbors were probably getting annoyed. Sehun went in the kitchen and saw D.O and Suho staring at him with wide eyes. "Where's Kai?" Sehun wondered. "Upstairs..." D.O answered. Sehun didn't answer and went upstairs. He didn't bother knocking and opened the door to Kai's room. Kai was laying in his bed, covering his face with his arms. Sehun walked up to him with furrowed eyebrows and crossed his arms. "Why are you like this?" Kai complained, arms still on his face. "Shut up! Listen to me!" Sehun yelled. Kai didn't bother to fight it and got up. Sehun was about to start yelling again but then remembered something and closed the door. He sat on Kai's bed, next to him. Kai was rubbing his eyes. "Kai, listen. Luhan's birthday is tomorrow!" Sehun told him. "So?" Kai wondered. "I haven't planned anything!" He said as if it was obvious. "He'll think I'm a terrible friend and he'll never talk to me again!" Kai finally looked at him. Sehun was eyeing him, waiting for a response. "Do you want me to help you come up with a plan?" Kai wondered. "Of course! That's what I'm here for!" Sehun pointed out. "Okay...how about..." Kai started and Sehun widened his eyes slightly in comprehension. "Do what you did on your birthday." Kai said. "Seriously? That's lazy!" Sehun complained. "No it isn't. It's really smart. Think about it." Kai told him. Sehun cocked his eyebrow as he had no idea how that would work. "Everything he planned for your birthday are like recommendations." Sehun took a minute to understand. "He did take me to a karaoke place even though I'm not a good singer." He said adding to Kai's idea. "Right see? He likes singing so he took you to a singing place. Now you take him to a singing place." Kai concluded. "Right, and before I forget: I think I figured it out." Kai eyed him curiously. "Who you like, I mean." Sehun told him. Kai raised his eyebrow, awaiting the answer. "It's Kyungsoo hyung, isn't it?" Sehun said with a smug look as if he figured it out. Kai simply shook his head. "What it’s not? Then, I give up. I can't tell. I thought it was him for sure!" He said. Kai didn't move. "Who is it?" Sehun asked. Kai just shook his head. "Come on, tell me!" He still didn't get a response. "I tell you everything! Literally! There is not a thought in my head that isn't in yours!" Sehun started to yell. "If you don't tell me who it is then I'm going to stop telling you anything!" He said and waited a few seconds for a reaction. "That's the end of this friendship." He concluded as he left the older's room.

 

Sehun entered the kitchen. He sat on the first chair, ignoring the couple feeding ice cream to each other in front of him. They stopped when they saw his glum face. "Hey, what's wrong, Sehunnie?" Baekhyun wondered, putting the spoon back in the tub. "You didn't confess yet, did you?" Baekhyun asked, half-joking. Sehun looked up at him. "What?" Baekhyun shook his head. "What happened?" Chanyeol asked him. "It's just... I have a friend that I tell everything and I found out he's keeping secrets from me." Sehun told them. "Ah." They responded in acknowledgement. "It's okay, Sehunnie. It happens. You shouldn't really trust people with your deep secrets." He advised. Sehun nodded. "Do you have anyone you like?" Sehun wondered. "Of course. Everyone does." Baekhyun said and Chanyeol dropped his smile and immediately turned his head at Baekhyun as soon as he said that. "Do you have someone you trust enough to tell them?" He continued. Baekhyun glanced at Chanyeol who noticed it and turned to look at him. "We have each other." Baekhyun said as he side hugged his best friend. Sehun smiled at their friendship. "You have someone like that too, right?" Baekhyun asked him. "Just like I told you; He knows who I like but won't tell me who he likes." Sehun told them. Baekhyun smirked and leaned on the table. "There's probably a reason." He said. "He doesn't trust me. That's what I think." Sehun said and Baekhyun giggled. "Thanks for the talk, hyungs." Sehun said as he exited the kitchen.

 

Chanyeol then took Baekhyun's arm and pulled him upstairs. He kept pulling him until they were both inside of their room. He closed the door after letting the boy go. Baekhyun crossed his arms and eyed Chanyeol waiting for an explanation. "The ice cream will melt..." Baekhyun said but was interrupted. ""Everyone does"?" Chanyeol repeated. Baekhyun let his arms go but kept eyeing the taller one. "Yeah?" He wondered. "Meaning there's someone you like and you haven't told me?!" Chanyeol looked really angry. Baekhyun blinked. "Is there? Is there someone you like?" Chanyeol repeated. Baekhyun looked down. "Yes… There is." He answered truthfully. Chanyeol's expression turned that of hurt. "Why didn't you tell me?" He asked him with a pitiful look. "Because...I knew you wouldn't take it well..." He told him. Chanyeol's eyes started sparkling. "No. I can. I can take it." Baekhyun just looked at him. "You're about to cry." He stated. "No, I'm not!" He exclaimed, trying his hardest to hold back his tears. Baekhyun sighed and sat on Chanyeol's bed. Chanyeol kept looking at him, trying not to cry. "Who..." Chanyeol sniffed. "... Who is it?" Baekhyun looked at him. They had a strong silence for a few seconds. Suddenly Chanyeol snapped. "Tell me who it is!!" He yelled, scaring Baekhyun. The tears he's been holding all fell at once as he fell down, trying to hide them. "Chanyeol..." Baekhyun started. "No!" Chanyeol yelled. "Don't try to comfort me..." He said, voice breaking. "Just... Just tell me who it is..." His voice was starting to disappear. Baekhyun just sat there. After a long time, Chanyeol started to calm down. "Why won't you tell me..?" His voice was barely over a whisper. "I'm not sure what you'll do." Baekhyun said. "I won't do anything." He said. "I just want to know..." Baekhyun stayed silent for a moment. "Are you sure?" Chanyeol looked up, finally making eye contact after almost an hour. "Please..." He pleaded. Baekhyun sighed. "Alright...it's Kim Taeyeon." He finally said. Chanyeol, at that point, couldn't handle himself. His tears fell by themselves as he tried to regain himself. He slowly got up. His eye twitched once as he tried to smile. "Chanyeol." Baekhyun said as he got up and walked towards the boy. "I see." He said, trying to act normal. "She must be so good..." His tears were still falling out of his control. "Chanyeol, please." Baekhyun repeated. Chanyeol was shaking as he tried to walk himself to his bed. He almost fell twice. "Chanyeol." Baekhyun tried again. When Chanyeol finally made it to his bed(he was walking really slowly) he just fell. Chanyeol's smile slowly fell as he started crying uncontrollably again. Baekhyun just watched him pitifully.

 

Sehun was sitting on the couch with nothing to do. Suho came over and sat beside him. "What's up?" Suho asked. Sehun looked up and smiled. Suho chuckled at the younger's joke. "You know what I mean." He said, playfully smacking him. "I'm just upset." Sehun told him. "I'm losing my trust in people." Suho hummed a response. "Who is this about?" Suho asked him. "Someone." Sehun decided to keep Kai a secret. "I've told him everything. He won't tell me anything." Suho nodded. "You shouldn't have trusted him right from the beginning." Suho thought. "It was out of my hands." He simply told him. “It can't be helped then. Do you think he'll tell anyone?" Suho wondered. "That's not it. I trust him. He just doesn't trust me." Sehun said. "Ah. Is there a reason for that?" He asked. "I don't know." Sehun truthfully answered. "Hyung, have you ever embarrassed yourself?" Sehun wondered. "Lots of times." He told him. "In front of someone you like?" Sehun précised. "Ah~!" Suho answered, understanding where Sehun is coming from. "My real question is; have you told anyone about it?" Suho shook his head. "I'm not close enough with anyone to share stuff like that." Suho told him. "Would you trust me?" Sehun asked. "Well, I don't know. I'd have to see how trustworthy you are." Suho said. "So for you; if I prove to be trustworthy, you'll trust me? Without me having to share my secrets?" Sehun wondered. "How do you think you'll prove your trust to me? Isn't it by sharing a secret?" Suho thought. "It's more like: trust me, I trust you." Suho told him. "Ah." Sehun realized. "But I clearly trust him if I tell him stuff like that." Sehun thought to himself. "Huh?" Suho asked. "Not everyone is the same, Sehun." Suho confirmed.


Did you like this chapter? I don't know what to write. I just finished re-reading it for any mistakes but i forgot to check for something to explain. Is something unclear? I really don't know what to write. I'm sick so my mind is kind of blank. Anyway, please look forward to the next chapter.

 

*Probably not a good title. IDK I'll probably change it. Probably not.

 

Please consider my next story and help me:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/chat/view_room/14696/0/new-story