Chanyeol's Problem

Why Did It Have To Be You?

The night of the day Baekhyun came back from the hospital. He entered the living room but it was dark and no one was there. He passed the kitchen but didn't bother going in because he heard some unpleasant sounds. He went upstairs. All the lights were off and it was really quiet, apart from the occasional thud, downstairs. He went in the bathroom to wash up. He entered his room and saw Chanyeol sleeping on his bed. He smiled to himself as he went over to his closet and put on his pajamas. He slowly walked over to Chanyeol's bed and layed himself on it. He lifted one of Chanyeol's arms and went under it. He put his arms around Chanyeol so that they were in a hugging position. He made sure he was comfortable and went to sleep.

 

The next morning, Chanyeol woke up and found Baekhyun sleeping on him. He smiled as leaned in and kissed the boy's head, causing him to wake up. Baekhyun looked up and smiled as he made eye contact with Chanyeol. They stayed like that for a while. "I missed you." Chanyeol whispered. "I know." Baekhyun hummed. "Did you miss me?" Chanyeol asked him. Baekhyun didn't answer. After almost a minute, Chanyeol started to worry. Baekhyun sensed this as he lifted his head to look at him. "Pabo. Of course I missed you." He said as he kissed his cheek. Chanyeol smiled again. Baekhyun layed his head back on Chanyeol's chest. After a while, a knock was heard on their door. Baekhyun got up to see who it is. It was Suho. "Good morning!" He cheerfully greeted. "I didn't wake you, did I?" He asked, seeing the boy's bed hair. Baekhyun shook his head. "Kyungsoo wanted me tell you that breakfast was ready." Baekhyun nodded. "Okay, we'll be there." Suho nodded and left. Baekhyun closed the door and turned around. "Come on Yeollie!" He called out. "I wasn't gonna get up but since you called me that..." He said, getting up. He walked over to Baekhyun and hugged him. Baekhyun opened the door and they both headed downstairs.

 

Breakfast was basically a meeting. With Luhan as the meeting holder. Baekhyun noticed Sehun's expression and took note of it. He considered something but it was too soon to confirm. He whispers something to Chanyeol. Chanyeol nods. After a while of eating and somewhat listening to Luhan, Baekhyun was starting to get annoyed. Not since Luhan was talking a lot but because of what he was saying. He was talking about how he was going to make sure Sehun's birthday is the best and that shows his care for him. Not that Baekhyun was jealous, he has Chanyeol. It's just, Luhan always acts like he's in love with all the members, no matter which member he was talking to. He was always sickeningly sweet, yet Luhan is the biggest homophobe Baekhyun has ever met.

 

That night, Sehun woke up to a soft voice calling him and a gentle poke on his cheek. He slowly opened his eyes and saw Luhan right on top of him. He was still half asleep so it didn't faze him. "Sehun-ah, you're awake?" The said boy slowly nodded. "What time is it~?" He quietly wondered. "Midnight." Luhan said with a smirk. "What?" Sehun asked half shocked. Luhan laughed quietly and got off of the sleepy boy. "I have to spend the whole day with you." Luhan said giving the boy his hand to help him get up. "But, I wasn't born yet..." The younger cutely retorted as he took his hand. Luhan laughed quietly again. "That's okay." He replied, pulling the boy up. They both walked towards the door and went out. Luhan dragged Sehun to the bathroom and helped him get ready. Luhan brushed Sehun's hair while he brushed his teeth.

 

They went downstairs, and since Sehun was still tired, Luhan suggested they watched scary movies until they were completely awake. Luhan sat himself down on the couch and had made Sehun sit next to him. The sleepy Sehun unconsciously layed his head on Luhan's shoulder. During the movie, a jumpscare occurred which caused Sehun to shriek and burry his head in Luhan's chest. The latter laughed at his cuteness. Throughout the movie, Sehun would get scared and hide himself in Luhan. At one point, Luhan told Sehun: "It's not real, Sehun." To which the latter replied: "Anyone could kill me." As he eyed his older he continued "Even you..." Luhan looked at him before asking: "Do you think I would kill you?" Sehun looked at him and shook his head. "I trust you." He said to which Luhan laughed and pecked his cheek. This woke Sehun up. He jumped and backed away with wide eyes and a red face. "What is it, Sehun-ah?" Sehun just kept staring. He slowly shook his head. Luhan motioned him to come closer since he was far now. He scooted a little. They were close enough for Luhan to only lean a little to grab Sehun and pull him closer himself. Which he did. They watched movies until they heard someone come downstairs. It was D.O, he looked at them with a confused look. "How long have you been here? It's pretty early..." Sehun looked at Luhan to see what kind of excuse he'd give. "We came here around midnight." He told him with a smirk, almost like he's proud. Sehun gave him a look. "Well, I'm making breakfast now. Anything you want?" He asked them. "What do you want, Sehunnie?" Luhan asked him and Sehun just shrugged. "Nothing special. I'd go for the usual." Luhan nodded. "Nado~." Kyungsoo nodded. They heard him sigh as he entered the kitchen. They ignored it as they went back to their movie.

 

When it was time for breakfast, Baekhyun playfully asked Luhan when he'll start their plans, expecting a laugh or something, not a real answer. This is what he got. "Oh, it's already started. It started at midnight." He said, smiling innocently. "Eh?" Baekhyun replied. "I guess you're serious about finishing everything today." Luhan nodded. "But we can't do much during the night. Now it really starts. When we're done eating, we'll go out." 

 

After breakfast, Sehun and Luhan went out and didn't return until a little after midnight. Some of the members went to sleep and others decided to watch a show. When the two came in, they walked towards the living room. "Hi!" Luhan greeted the members who didn't notice them. They all suddenly turned around and said things like: "You're finally here?" And "Where were you all day?" Sehun noticed Kai not to have said anything so he went up to him. Kai spared a glance but didn't say anything. "You tired?" Sehun asked. "Yeah." Kai simply said. "Don't you wanna hear about what happened to me today?" Sehun asked him, leaning closer. Kai shook his head. "Maybe tomorrow." Sehun frowned. "But, I'll forget tomorrow." He whined. "Good." Kai snapped. When he saw Sehun's face fall, he immediately apologized. "Oh, sorry. I didn't-- I'm tired. You know--" he tried to apologize to Sehun who left. Sehun went to Luhan who tried to sit next to Xiumin but he left as he sat down. Sehun sat in the spot Xiumin was in. "Hey hyung." Sehun greeted a smiling Luhan. "What's wrong?" He asked as he noticed the boy's expression. "Kai is acting weird." Sehun told him. "Oh. Minseok is acting strange too." He told him. 

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol were in their room, sitting on Chanyeol's bed. They've been there for a few hours just talking and doing the stuff they usually do. Suddenly Baekhyun got a text. Chanyeol, who was closer to the phone, grabbed it. "Minwoo?" Chanyeol read out. "Ah. My friend." Baekhyun told him. Chanyeol proceeded to read the text. "Baekhyun, he will be released soon." Baekhyun widened his eyes as soon as Chanyeol read that. He grabbed the phone from him and read it himself. "Oh my god." He exclaimed. "What is it?" Chanyeol asked. Baekhyun ignored him and wrote a reply. "Baekhyun, what's wrong?" Chanyeol tried again. Baekhyun almost shrieked when he read the reply. Chanyeol forcefully grabbed the phone from Baekhyun and read after what he read before. "When?", "Tomorrow." Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun with a serious expression. "Baekhyun? Who are you talking about?" Baekhyun just laughed nervously as he took his phone back and wrote one last thing before shutting it and putting it next to him. Chanyeol continued to look at Baekhyun, waiting for an explanation. "Uhm...we're talking about a drama." He nervously answered. Chanyeol pretended to believe him. "Ah~, I see." Baekhyun nodded, still laughing nervously. Chanyeol decided to make a distraction. "Hey, you've seen K.Will sunbaenim's new song, right?" Baekhyun looked at him with a normal expression. "Of course, we watched it together." He told him. "Right. What I meant was: Want to listen to it?" Baekhyun nodded. "Sure." Chanyeol grabbed his phone and switched off the internet. "Oh no... My internet isn't working. Can I use your phone?" Baekhyun nodded as he gave him his phone. Chanyeol firstly went on to his chat and read what he last said. "Let's talk later, Chanyeol is here." When Chanyeol read this, he felt his heart break. He immediately switched apps as to not be caught. He put on the song and pretended he didn't read what he did.

 

Chanyeol was going to regret this. But, he had to know now that he knows it's against him. Baekhyun had fallen asleep and he took his phone. He went to Minwoo's chat and started typing. "Chanyeol is asleep." He waited patiently for a reply. It finally came. "We can pick you up if you're too afraid to walk on the streets." Chanyeol was seriously starting to wonder what scared Baekhyun. Chanyeol didn't reply because he didn't know what Baekhyun would say. That's okay because Minwoo messaged him again. "As long as you're not seen with him, then you shouldn't worry." Chanyeol was getting even more worried. But he's also getting more hurt. Baekhyun doesn't like him? Baekhyun should definitely not know about this. Chanyeol deleted the conversation. He went to sleep after Baekhyun.

 

The next morning, Chanyeol could only think about the conversation. He and Baekhyun were now sitting on the kitchen table. "Let's go out together." Chanyeol told Baekhyun. "Okay, where do you wanna go?" Baekhyun nonchalantly wondered. Chanyeol was surprised. He expected him to deny it. "I just want to walk around with you." Baekhyun nodded. "How about the shopping centre? I'm supposed to meet my friends there at 4." Chanyeol nodded. "Okay, I want to meet your friends." Baekhyun simply nodded. "If you want to." It's as if nothing happened. He wasn't denying it at all. Baekhyun pulled out his phone and sent a message. Chanyeol made sure to read it. "Chanyeol will be there too." The reply was simple but Chanyeol wasn't thinking about that, he was thinking about what Baekhyun wrote. He told them he was coming could just be a simple statement just to let them know but, to Chanyeol it was different. Especially since yesterday, they wouldn't talk since he was there.

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun went to the mall early. They decided to walk around a little. Baekhyun suddenly saw someone covered in bandages. He shut his mouth because he was about to scream. He pulled Chanyeol's arm in the opposite direction of the boy and said something about buying stuff. When they entered the shop, Baekhyun decided to actually buy something. He pulled Chanyeol near a rack and pulled out a black t-shirt with a drawing on it. "Ooh. Doesn't this look good? It's totally my style!" Baekhyun exclaimed. Then Baekhyun pulled out the same shirt in white. "Which one should I get?" He asked holding them in front of him. Before Chanyeol could answer, Baekhyun cut him off. "No!" He put the white shirt back pulled out a bigger size. "Let's wear couple t-shirts! I'll wear the black one, you wear the white one." He said giving Chanyeol the white one. Right then, Baekhyun pulled him to the cash register. The woman put the shirts in a bag as Chanyeol pulled out his card. Baekhyun was happily waiting. "How may I help you?" He heard another woman say. He curiously turned his head to look and widened his eyes. It's the same bandaged guy from earlier. He was too scared to think, he just ran away. Chanyeol saw him and was going to stop him. He thanked the lady as he grabbed the bag and ran out, trying to find Baekhyun. "Baekhyun! Baek--Mmph!" A hand suddenly covered Chanyeol's mouth. "Don't call me so loudly! They know my name!" Baekhyun told him as he removed his hand. Chanyeol gave him a look of disbelief. They were in an empty place, he would have seen him. "Where were you?" Baekhyun just eyed the bush beside him. Chanyeol looked at him in more disbelief. He decided to brush it off. "Why did you run away?" Baekhyun looked behind him. "The store isn't far." He said as he took Chanyeol(who just sighed)'s arm and pulled him further.

 

"Baekhyun, where are we going exactly?" Chanyeol asked the boy who's been dragging him for probably 25 minutes. "Do you think this is far enough?" Baekhyun suspiciously asked. "Oh! Wanna get bubble tea?" He said as he saw the Bubble tea stand and went back to dragging. It's like Baekhyun is here by himself and Chanyeol is just his giant teddy bear(since he's dragging him everywhere). They did get bubble tea and as they were walking around, they saw Baekhyun's friends. They excitedly went to him and took a look around them before hugging him. "Where's Minhyuk?" Baekhyun noticed. "He has a cold." Minwoo informed him. "Hi. Park Chanyeol?" Minwoo greeted. "Yes. And you're Lee Minwoo?" He nodded. "That's me." They walked around for a while and bought a few things.

 

Baekhyun forgot all about the bandaged man until he saw him again. They were in the middle of shopping when he saw him on the other side of the rack. "Yah, Minwoo hyung." Baekhyun whispered while tugging his arm. "Hmm, what is it?" He simply answered and Baekhyun pointed towards him. Minwoo widened his eyes as he saw him. He told the others(except Chanyeol) about it. They agreed to just leave. They walked around again hoping not to run into him, while Chanyeol was talking with the other friends, Baekhyun took this chance to speak with Minwoo. "Why is he here?" Baekhyun whispered. "You're asking me?" Minwoo retorted. Chanyeol was getting to know Baekhyun's two other friends but when he noticed him with Minwoo he went to make sure they weren't talking about him again. "Does he really have nothing better to do?" Baekhyun wondered just as Chanyeol intervened. "Who has nothing better to do?" Baekhyun turned around. "What? How much did you hear?" Chanyeol shrugged. "Just that part." Minwoo went towards the two boys behind them. "You were supposed to distract him!" One of them shrugged. "We didn't know you were talking about it." Minwoo rolled his eyes and went to see how Baekhyun managed to salvage their problem. Chanyeol looked upset. And Baekhyun looked concerned. "It didn't go well?" Minwoo whispered. Baekhyun shook his head. 

They stayed at the mall for almost 4 hours. They had fun and Chanyeol got to know Baekhyun's friends. But it also helped him realize his suspicions. It really does seem like they're talking about him. He really wants to ask Baekhyun about it but he knows he'll just lie. He started to worry, if they're talking about him like that, it means they don't like him. Now, Chanyeol wouldn't care if Baekhyun's friends didn't like him but, if Baekhyun didn't like him, it bothered him. He really likes Baekhyun and he thought Baekhyun liked him too. Has he been lying this whole time? Chanyeol decided, no matter how much it'd kill him, to avoid Baekhyun.

 

When they were eating dinner with the rest of the members, Chanyeol made sure to sit beside someone so that Baekhyun couldn't sit next to him. This seems like nothing at first. Then, when they were getting ready for bed, Chanyeol made sure to go into the bathroom first and lock the door behind him so that Baekhyun couldn't get in. Baekhyun assumed he was using the toilet so he patiently waited for him to finish so they could get ready together. When Chanyeol finished completely, he got out and Baekhyun was shocked to see him finished without him. "Ah Wae?" Baekhyun asked him before Chanyeol shut the door behind him. Baekhyun puffed his cheeks in anger. He went into the bathroom and got ready. When he finished, he angrily went into his room. He saw Chanyeol asleep on his bed in a way that made it hard for Baekhyun to sleep with him. "Yah, ireona! Why are you like this?" He clicked his tongue when Chanyeol didn't get up. "I know you're awake!" Baekhyun almost yelled. Chanyeol didn't budge. Truthfully, he was awake but Baekhyun didn't need to know that. "Fine! I'll sleep alone on my cold bed that was untouched since last year!" He yelled. He angrily went over to his bed, a material he truthfully never went on since the first day he slept on Chanyeol's bed, which was a long time ago. He didn't want to sleep on it since he was unused to it. He hoped Chanyeol would somehow turn around and yell "tricked you!" Or something of the sort. He turned around to see Chanyeol still laying the same as before. He felt he didn't have a choice and almost gave in until he realized something. "That's fine, Chanyeol. Sleep alone. I'll go see if Chen will let me in his bed." He sinisterly said as he knew the giant would never allow such a thing. To his surprise, he didn't move. Maybe he really was asleep? Baekhyun really didn't want to sleep on his own bed so went anyway. 

 

Chanyeol layed in the most uncomfortable position ever. He was on his front side and in the middle of the bed. He didn't like sleeping on his stomach but he did it so that: 1, Baekhyun didn't sleep with him and 2, Baekhyun couldn't see his face. It was also so that he wouldn't see Baekhyun's face. He was worried he'd start crying since he's already sad right now. When Baekhyun came in, Chanyeol tried his best not to move. When Baekhyun complained about his bed, Chanyeol almost felt like falling off the bed so that Baekhyun could sleep on it. When Baekhyun said he would sleep with Chen, which was the hardest thing for him, he wasn't sure he could stop himself from stopping Baekhyun. The idea of his Baekhyun sleeping with someone else; something he never wants to think about. He realizes he refers to him as "his" Baekhyun but he doesn't actually belong to him, he just wishes he does. When Baekhyun left for real, Chanyeol couldn't help the tears that formed in his eyes and that rolled down his cheeks. He cried himself to sleep that night.

 

He woke up and was sad to see Baekhyun wasn't there, snuggling him. He then remembered what happened yesterday and got angry. He got up immediately and went downstairs. He couldn't barge into Chen and Lay's room so he was going to wait for them to come downstairs. He went into the kitchen and saw (almost) everyone. Baekhyun was talking cheerfully with everyone. He went in pretending like there's nothing wrong. He sat next to Luhan because it was the furthest seat from Baekhyun. "Good morning Yeollie!" Baekhyun greeted happily with a cute smile. Chanyeol's heart almost stopped beating. He just stared at his food, shocked. "Ah seriously. I thought you were just tired yesterday. Why are you like this?" Baekhyun asked him. Chanyeol regained himself and continued to ignore him. The breakfast didn't go so bad since the members were conversing. Chanyeol was the only quiet one. When he was done, he went upstairs at his own pace and entered the bathroom to wash his hands. The door suddenly opened and Baekhyun came in. Chanyeol hurried his cleaning and closed the tab. He went to dry his hands when Baekhyun spoke up. "I didn't sleep with Chen." He said. Chanyeol slowed his drying as he became curious. "I...slept on the couch." He said sounding sad. Chanyeol tried to pretend he didn't care as he was about to leave. He only stopped when he heard the next thing Baekhyun said. "I was really scared." Chanyeol and Baekhyun stood right in front of each other. Chanyeol didn't want to leave now. He wanted to know what scared his Baekhyun. "There were scary noises from the kitchen and I was too scared to get up. Even to go back upstairs, I was scared." Baekhyun confessed. Chanyeol couldn't hold it anymore. He jumped on Baekhyun in form of a hug while crying. "My Baekhyunnie was scared~~~ ottokhae~!" He whined like a child. Baekhyun giggled, happy that Chanyeol is acting normal again. Suddenly Chanyeol was pinched. "Ah!" He looked at Baekhyun for a reason. "Never do that again!" He said, tone threatening. "Not only was I scared but the couch was very uncomfortable!" Chanyeol nodded. "Anything for you!" Baekhyun smiled. "Why were you upset?" Baekhyun decided to ask as he cupped Chanyeol's face.  Chanyeol's expression saddened a bit. "What is it?" Baekhyun pressed on. "You don't like me." He said sounding sad. Baekhyun looked at him with a serious face. "Chanyeol. Why are you getting upset now?" Chanyeol shook his head. "No~! I mean normally." When Baekhyun understood, he let go and slapped Chanyeol. "Pabo! You really think I don't like you?" Chanyeol nodded slowly. "That person..." He started and Baekhyun got worried he might be talking about the bandaged guy from the mall. "That you keep talking about with Minwoo. It's not me?" Chanyeol asked. Baekhyun laughed a little. "No, it's not. What makes you think it is?" Chanyeol looked at him. His expression turned serious. "I pretended to be you. I talked to Minwoo acting like you. I'm sorry." He confessed. Baekhyun nodded. "I know. He told me about it." Baekhyun told him. "But you told him not to talk when I'm around. Why?" Baekhyun bit his lip. And Chanyeol had to look away since this is a serious conversation. "Sorry. Chanyeol..." He apologized. Chanyeol looked back at him. "Why? Why can't you tell me?" Baekhyun looked away. The door suddenly opened and since they were standing close to it, Baekhyun got hit. "Oh~! I'm so sorry!" Lay apologized sincerely. "Don't worry about it. It's a strange place to be standing." Baekhyun tried to convince him. "No, I shouldn't have opened so hard also, I should have knocked." Lay concluded. "You're too nice for us, hyung." Baekhyun complimented him with a smile "We'll leave now." He said, as they prepared to leave.

 

"Baekhyun, I won't let this down. You will tell me everything. From who caused you to be in the hospital to who you and Minwoo talk about." He told him in a demanding tone. Baekhyun couldn't say anything. He wanted to change the subject right away. He turned around with smile on his face. "Let's hang out together!" Baekhyun said cheerfully. Chanyeol was defeated. "We could go out..." He started, walking closer to Chanyeol. "...or we could stay here." He said putting his arms around Chanyeol's waist. Baekhyun knew Chanyeol would agree. He did. Baekhyun is planning on distracting Chanyeol so that he would stop asking him. 

Baekhyun was laying on Chanyeol's bed as Chanyeol layed down next to him, staring at him. "Why are you so beautiful?" Chanyeol has probably asked Baekhyun this question a million times in the past. "Who do you look like, really?" Baekhyun laughed a little before answering. "My mom." Chanyeol kept admiring the boy. "I should visit her." Chanyeol claimed. "And thank her for this beautiful creation she bestowed upon us." Baekhyun laughed. "Really, I'm serious." Chanyeol continued. Chanyeol started rubbing Baekhyun's face with his hand. "Your face is really smooth..." Chanyeol told him. "You already know this." Baekhyun reminded him. "But, I get surprised, each time." Chanyeol told him. Chanyeol looked down at Baekhyun's lips and felt himself go down. He couldn't control himself and his head was lowering itself. Their lips were about to touch. Suddenly, Baekhyun stuck out his tongue, as a way to stop him. "Chanyeol." He warned him. Chanyeol's face became red. "S-sorry..." He apologized as he pretended to be distracted with something else. Baekhyun giggled. "But, you're so cute." This made Chanyeol blush more. "Here." He said before kissing his cheek. Chanyeol fell down next to Baekhyun. Baekhyun turned his head and they were face to face now. Chanyeol smiled since he liked the feeling he got in his heart when he was close to Baekhyun. "I love you..." He whispered. "I know." Baekhyun whispered back.

 


I hope you like it! Maybe Baekhyun's story is clear to you? If it isnt don't worry(Because it shouldn't be) It will be explained when it is time. So, yeah. Chanyeol loves Baekhyun. In case you want to know; No, Baekhyun doesn't like Chanyeol in that way but he knows his feelings.

In the paragraph where i started it like: "Breakfast was basically a meeting." This is the same time as the last paragraph of last chapter. I hope it was clear.

 

BTW the noises in the kitchen are majorly important i hope you guys didn't ignore those. 

I'm not sure what to write. Any questions? Please look forward to the next chapter.

 

Please consider my next story and help me:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/chat/view_room/14696/0/new-story