Think I Can Fly

We Found Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FWB - Friends with Benefit (noun)

Two people who find each other attractive decide to stay friends but with extra benefits. This can range from innocent hanging out and flirting, or escalate all the way up to with no strings attached.

 

"Right, Singapore Flyer! But let's go get a cup of tea first." Jung Ah took his hand and stood up.

"Yeah, of course. The usual Jung Ah tea time." Sehun nodded, perfectly knew her habbit. Jung Ah is Chinese, and being in a Chinese family she used to have a tea time together. Every family member who happened to be at home have to join the ceremony downstairs. Traditional chinese tea served with cookies or sometimes pie. Up till then she still liked having a cup of tea, whether homemade or bought from the coffee shop. Relaxing high tea is in her to do list almost every weekend.

"And I know just a place." Sehun winked and pulled her with him, taking her to the nearest MRT. They reached Bayfront MRT stop and immediately went out. Sehun typed something on his iphone and guided Jung Ah with him.

"Where are you taking me?" Jung Ah could not help asking, she was really curious because Sehun did not say anything on their way to the Bayfront but smilling to her as if hiding something.

"You'll see." They walked through the crowds in the MRT station, immediately felt relieved after being outside. The air in Marina Bay area was quiet fresh and the weather was a bit chill. Everything seemed perfect for a date, even the clear blue sky was soothing as the wind blew.

"So you're taking me to Garden by The Bay." Jung Ah smiled and nudged Sehun's side waist.

"Wait until you see everything." Sehun's smiled grew wider as they enterred the green space comprises three waterfront gardens. Smell of roses and thousands of fresh growing plants lingered everywhere on the dome garden.

"I know how pretty this garden is because I have been here before but I never get bored of this breath taking view. But why here so sudden? You are not really into this kind of place." Jung Ah raised her eyebrow.

"I like this place because you like it, and you are here with me. So why don't we have a tea time here?" Sehun signalled her to walked ahead of him.

"The Pollen? Oh my, I don't know they have this kind of dining place here in this garden area." Jung Ah was surprised to saw the restaurant in front of her.

"I have reserved a table for us to have an afternoon tea. After that we can see the changing sky here as the light in the garden starts to shine the plants." Sehun smiled proudly. He knew his plan worked the moment he saw her widened her eyes and smiled brightly.

"But this costs pretty much money, doesn't it?" Jung Ah frowned a bit.

"It's nothing, really."

They went inside the restaurant which called 'Pollen' and immediately guided by the waitress to their table. After like ten minutes, their preferable tea was served. Earl Grey and Chamomile. They were surrounded by the Mediterranean landscape in a climate-controlled setting as they noshed on their sweet palmiers, macarons, tea cakes, scones and their savoury selection of chicken liver parfait on sourdough, parma ham and mozzarella bruschetta.

"Best high tea ever." Jung Ah took a piece of macaroon and had a bite of it.

"So are you sweet or savoury teeth?" Sehun sipped his chamomile and wiped his lips with the napkin in such gentle tap.

"Can not decide." Jung Ah chuckled and finished her half bite macaroon.

"Suit yourself." Sehun smiled and unlocked his iphone.

"Remember about our to do list?"

"Uh, the one that we discussed like a year ago?" Jung Ah tried to recall the past event.

---

(flashback)

Jung Ah was lying on the grass beside Sehun, facing the dark night sky of Seoul. They were at an empty hill where not many people knew about. It was midnight but the city lights was lighting up here and there, created a pattern only they could see. A bottle of half empty vodka was between them. It was a rough day for Jung Ah, she had a fight with her parents and decided to have a sleepover. On the other side, Sehun also had a bad day, he got fired from his part time job as a bartender which offered bunch of salaries.

"Is it just me or the world is really getting on our nerves these days?" Jung Ah sighed.

"It's not the world, it's the people who live in it." Sehun closed his eyes, having his hand to support his head like a pillow.

"I hate being compared yet my parents never let a single day passed without comparing me with Hana. Hana this, Hana that. I don't understand. Many times I found myself stucked and not doing things I really want to do in life because I'm afraid it will ruin my parents image, not mine but theirs."

"Then what will you do if you don't think about your parents image?" Sehun turned his body to the left, facing Jung Ah.

"A lot of things actually."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter