Let's Not

We Found Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Let’s not fall in love, we don’t know each other very well yet
Actually, I’m a little scared, I’m sorry


Let’s not make promises, you never know when tomorrow comes
But I really mean it when I say I like you
 

Don’t expect too much from me
I don’t wanna lose you either
Before things get too deep, before you get hurt
Don’t trust me

 

“They are my friends. Luhan, Kris, Chanyeol and Sehun.” Jung Ah introduced the guys to her parents who were eyeing them from head to toe. She smiled nervously knowing her parents would judge her friends. Her father always told her to befriended people on their par, who is as rich or even richer than them.

“I know these kids. Luhan from the Xi, Kris from Wu Enterprises and Chanyeol from Park Automobile, am I right?” Jung Ah’s father nodded at them.

“But who are you again?” Her father raised his eyebrows on Sehun. He never saw Sehun before, not even heard his name.

“Oh Sehun, sir.” Sehun bowed to Jung Ah's father, introducing himself formally.

“He is the son of South Korea’s ambassador to UK and his mother Kahi is the founder of Stylenanda.” Luhan added and smiled. He knew that in business world, in that room, you has to be someone important or rich or at least has something to brag for example parents and their success.

“Well okay then. Enjoy the party. And Jongin? Please take care of my daughter.” His father then left with her mother who was surprisingly stayed silent and just smiled.

“O-of course, sir.”

“It’s dad, Jongin.” Jung Ah’s mother said to Jongin and chuckled. She patted Jongin's shoulder and walked away.

“Yes, I mean dad.” Jongin smiled awkwardly.

After Jung Ah’s parents left, they were all stood there in awkward situation. Jung Ah was fiddling her fingers while Jongin was smiling, trying to be nice.

“Uhh, so this is Jongin. My friend and my father’s business partner. Jongin, they are my friends, Luhan, Chanyeol, Kris and Sehun. I went to Singapore with them..you know, when you met Sehun, remember?” Jung Ah finally decided to introduce Jongin.

“Ah right. My name is Jongin. Nice to meet you all.” Jongin nodded and grinned.

“Jung Ah, can we talk?” Sehun then said, his jaw clenched when he saw Jongin’s hand was wrapped around Jung Ah’s waist. He clearly disliked it, he was wondering whether Jongin knew that Jung Ah is dating him or not.

“Yeah, sure. Jongin? Please cover me if dad's looking for me.” Jung Ah then followed Sehun to the balcony. She stood silently behind Sehun, sighed. She knew Sehun needed at least an explanation, after all they haven't had a real talk ever since the scandal about her real mom.

“Still not explaining anything?” Sehun turned around, facing Jung Ah. His face was stoic like always but his eyes clearly said he was angry and jealous.

“Sehun, I think we need a break. I mean, let’s stop meeting each other for I don’t know, just awhile.” Jung Ah whispered but still loud enough for Sehun to hear. She did not know how to tell him everything, those words she supposed to say stucked in her tongue. Instead she suggested about the break. The only thing that flashed her mind was to avoid Sehun.

“Are you kidding me Jung Ah? Just days before you said that you will stay, that you like me and now you’re saying that we need to stop meeting each other?” Sehun took some steps closer to her and held her chin up.

“Jung Ah if you are being serious, say that again while looking at me.” Sehun looked straight to her dark brown orbs. Once again he was clueless. He smell something was going on but he got no idea about it.

“I will only hurt you if we stay like this. I shouldn’t have promised that I will stay, I shouldn’t have liked you, I shouldn’t have spent months together with you, worse, I shouldn’t have met you in the first place, Sehun. I shouldn’t have gone to that bar and accepted that ing vodka from you.” Jung Ah looked away, tears started to fall slowly to her cheeks.

 

--flashback, first meeting-

Jung Ah was studying in her room, she was trying to understand how to manage a corporation and its finance when suddenly her mom went in.

“Didn’t I say that you don’t need to study?” Her mom slapped her on her cheek, leaving red mark there.

“But mom I want to take international business course in SNU so I need to study hard.” Jung Ah held her cheek, tears were formed on her eyes. Running a company is her only dream and she would do anything to reach it.

“You won’t study business. I won’t let you, Jung Ah and stop calling me mom!” Her mother raised her voice, pointing her finger in front of Jung Ah's face.

“And why is that Mrs. Kwon?” Yes, for Jung Ah it’s not mom but Mrs. Kwon. That’s what her stepmother told her.

“Because you won’t take over the company but Hana. So from now on don’t ever dream to study business, don’t ever think that you will inherit the company. You are just an unwanted child after all.” Her step mother took away all Jung Ah’s book with her.

“I will just sign you up for fashion design course.” She then left. Jung Ah's future is already set that day. Her mother decided oit for her.

“Why are you so cruel? Why you have to destroy my dream?” Jung Ah whispered and cried silently after her stepmother went out of the room. Life is being unfair, that's what she thought.

 

The evening did not get any better, Jung Ah who was walking on her neighborhood after buying some snack saw her crush, Taemin, was kissing another girl at the park. The girl pushed his neck to deepen the kiss while Taemin’s hands roaming on her body.

Jung Ah did not bother to approach Taemin, she just walked away the opposite way to avoid them. Guess, she could not go home early. Not until Taemin finished his business with that girl. Jung Ah then went inside a bar after a long debate on her mind whether to stay outside wandering around the block or just get inside and have a drink. Finally she let herself walked in.

At first she just sat in silent, reading text from Taemin.

’I can’t meet you this evening. I have school project to do with my classmate. -Taemin’

‘Oh really? But you said you are free today.’

‘Yeah, sorry. But hey, I’ll make it up for you later, okay? -Taemin’

’Can I just come to your house? Maybe I can help with your project.’

‘No, I mean we are all guys and we might finish at midnight… just really late. -Taemin’

’Okay then. Good luck with that.’

She could not believe that Taemin just lied to her but no, she did not plan on asking him, she would just leave without saying anything.

“Just let it be, Jung Ah. Just let him go. He is just a stupid crush.” Jung Ah mumbled and wiped her tears. She cried, yes. Who wouldn’t? After all she th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter