Chapter 2

Fallen Leaves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The next day as promised, he waited for me in front of the gate. He even bought me flowers and told me it was a friendship gift from him and also he was glad that I accepted his offer. It was just a dinner. Nothing to shout about but I have no idea why the hell he was so happy about it. And I can't deny the fact that I do feel something from my heart. He was such a gentleman. During dinner, he makes sure I get the right meal, he wipes some stain from my lips using his thumb which send an electric shock to my nerves. 

And as the day goes by, it becomes a routine for us to have lunch or dinner together unless I have extra classes but he will make it a point to meet me even for a coffee. No matter how much I tried to push him away, he keeps on coming after me. In the end, I just let him be a part of my life even though I'm not sure what the status of our relationship is. People who sees us probably think that we're dating but we don't. We're just friends, I mean best friends at least that what I had in mind.

But deep down within me, it is hard for me to deny the fact that I've actually fell in love with him but I didn't dare to admit that because I was afraid if it will be 1 sided love and I'm gonna get hurt. This is the first time I actually have feelings for someone and it scares me. And I haven't solve the mystery of the lunchbox until now. Every time I told Hoseok about this he just laugh at me and say don't think too much. Well, it's easy for him to say that. He is not the one who was in the situation.

One day, I have an assignment and the due is in 2 days. Within that time, I have no choice but to reject Hoseok's lunch/dinner/coffee session because I really need to focus on my assignments. And coincidently, on the same week, he was busy with his dance practice. I thought I could concentrate but somewhere in between, I started to miss him. I was longing to meet him even just for a short while, just to see his smile or to hear the sound of his laughter. 

I ruffled my hair and stared outside the window. The nightlife at Hongik Street can be heard clearly from my apartment. I decided to take a break and breathe some fresh air my balcony. I grabbed my red cardigan, make myself a cup of hot caramel latte, I stepped out from my room and sit at the bench facing the roadside. It was very breezy and I shiver a bit due to the sudden cold wind and the cardigan that I'm wearing was a bit thin. As I was sipping my caramel latte, I stared blankly at the sky, looking at the stars and the full moon. Beautiful. It was almost the end of the autumn. I noticed more leaves were falling from the tree branches and soon it will be winter, which means it was almost 3 months since you've been going out with Hoseok.

Arghhhh!!! Why am I keep on remembering him? I slapped myself a few times just to get rid of him from my mind. After I finished my caramel latte, I went back inside and started to focus on my assignments again. But Hoseok keeps on invading my mind and it's driving me insane! I stared at my phone, wondering should I just call or text him so that I can do my work peacefully. But what would I say to him? I mean I must have a reason to call him right? I've never called him before. It was always him. But it won't hurt right? There's always a first time for everything. I take a deep breath as my fingers scroll down thru the contacts. There. His name. I saw it but I didn't have the guts to dial his number.

"Forget it." I told myself and I put away my phone beside my laptop. I was about to start back my work when I hear my message tone. I pick my phone up again and I just couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the sender. Hoseok. What kind of sorcery is this? 

Sender: Hoseok

Meet me in front of your apartment now.

Now?? Without thinking much, I ran out from my room straight to my front door, and I didn't realized that I'm not even wearing my cardigan. Just my pajamas. After pressing the security code, I walk thru the gate and there he is, standing against the tree and he was holding a plastic bag with him. The minute he saw me, he didn't hesitate to give me a hug.

"God I miss you!" 

His words hits me like a lightning bolt! Did...did..he just say that? Or was it my imagination?

"Are you drunk?" I playfully hit his arms when he released me from his hug.

"Nope. I'm completely sober. You should know that I don't drink at all." He pouted and I can't believe he took my word seriously.

"Yahh I'm just kidding. Why are you being so sensitive?" I crossed my arm while giving him a look. Something is definitely not right with him. He was a bit gloomy and he didn't look cheerful like usual.

"Hoseok-ah. Are you okay?" I started to get worried when he didn't respond to me. He just stared at me with a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter