Chapter 16

Fallen Leaves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today my team would conduct an interview with another idol group called B.A.P. Due to schedule conflict, they have been postponed the interview so many times and finally the decided on a perfect date since they just release a new album.

But I’m more excited when I found out the leader of the group is none other than my classmate, Bang Yongguk. Why is like suddenly almost everyone that I know decided to become an idol? 

Of course I didn’t tell Sun Hee about it or she’ll go crazy. She keeps on saying she was excited to meet Daehyun. Well, she says that to almost every group that we meet. The last time she drools over Kai when we had a short interview with EXO and she keep on saying he was extremely y and hot. *rolled eyes*

Then, she go gaga at a rookie group called Monsta X. Should I mention GOT7, CN BLUE, WiNNER and BTOB? Trust me, you don’t wanna know. We have done tons of interviews with an idol group and Sun Hee manage to get a selcas with all her biases. Talk about being a dedicated fan girl even though she was working. 

Well, I don’t blame her since all of the groups were extremely friendly and they are willing to make us feeling comfortable during the whole interview process. They even want us to come again. How charming. Now in her next wish list is she was hoping if we could landed an interview with Big Bang. That will be a dream come true for me too.

Joon Young says how come only male idols were in the list? It was totally not fair for him. It’s not our fault if the request were mostly male idols. We asked him to plead to Jae Hyun if there’s any female idol that’s available. So far, luck wasn’t with him. Poor Joon Young. 

And now, here we are, standing in front of TS Entertainment Building at Hangang-jin. We were waiting for their manager, Mr.Kang to greet us. While waiting, I texted Hoseok saying good luck for his practice today and send my whole regards to the group members. The boys have been in a lot of stressed especially Hoseok and Yoongi.

Things were not as bad as it sound but they received a lot of hateful comments from the fans especially about their VLog. Now they accused Yoongi for being a liar to his fans about his sister. Some of the fans knew that Yoongi has a sister because he had mention it before when they just debuted but he told the press that he didn’t want to talk about it since he didn’t want to involved his family in his idol life.

But it turns into a complete change after the dating scandal. Now the whole fandom is in a total chaos and I bet they were all busy trying to Google about Yoongi’s sister. Goshh it was scary. 

“Ohh you’re here? Sorry I was a bit late. I just had to check on the boys just to make sure they are ready.” Mr.Kang apologized at us after he greeted us at the entrance. We are now in their building, heading to the dance practice studio where we will held the interview.

“No problem. I’m sure they were all very tired from all those back to back schedules.” Sun Hee told Mr.Kang so that he would feel less burden. We totally get it. Life as an Idol is not easy.

“But it’s amazing how they can bounce back full of energy for their next schedule. I’m impressed.” Mr.Kang chuckled, obviously feeling proud at the same time. 

 

“Tell me about it.” I rolled my eyes thinking about BTS. But I guess that was their passion so nothing can stop them no matter how tired they were because to them, performing for the fans is their number one job. It’s their source of income. 

“We’re here.” Mr.Kang showed us the practice room. When we entered the room, the boys were already there. I recognized Yongguk straight away even though he was facing the other way, talking to one of his group members. I really couldn’t wait to see Yomgguk’s reaction when he saw me. Wait, will he still remember me?

“Boys. The representative from the magazines are here. Would you like to greet them?” 

Yongguk immediately turn around with the rest of the group members. When he saw me, he was staring at me like he seen a ghost. 

“Hyung, why are you staring at her like that?” One of his group members nudge him. I almost wanted to laugh out loud but I just kept my straight face.

“She looks like someone I know.” Yongguk told him and his eyes were still on me.

Well, that voice hasn’t changed a bit. Except I think he looks more handsome and I can bet his deep husky y voice had killed thousands of fan girls out there. 

While Joon Young were doing his job, I and Sun Hee had some quick discussion with Mr. Kang regarding the questions that we are gonna ask them and which one will he approved. After Joon Young gave us a cue, we started the interview with them.

“Anyeonghaseyo. Uri B.A.P Yess Sir. Nice to meet you.” They waved at us excitedly. After their brief introduction from their group members, I just couldn’t believe that Yongguk was the leader. How adorable! Himchan was the second oldest, followed by Daehyun, Youngjae, Jongup and lastly Junhong or better known as Zelo.

“Nice to meet all of you. My name is Sun Hee and this is my team. The one on my left is Min Hana but you can call her Hana. And this handsome namja over here is Joon Young.” Sun Hee introduced us to them and they laugh at her joke about Joon Young.

During the whole interview, I swear Yongguk keeps on glaring at me making me almost stumble with my words. Knowing Yongguk, his memory is very sharp and there is no way he will forget me.

We were glad that everything went smoothly without mistakes. B.A.P even performed for us their debut song Warrior and their latest single called Young, Wild and Free. As usual, Sun Hee’s inner fan girl soul has been released. 

After they finish their performance, all of take takes a group photos with them. Sun Hee didn’t waste her chance to take a selca with Daehyun while Joon Young was fan-boying over Jongup and Zelo.

“Hana?” 

I tilt my head when I hear that deep voice calling my name. I knew it. His curiosity never ceased to amaze me. 

“Hey Yongguk. It’s been a while huh?” I smiled at him. He stared at me in disbelief. I covered my mouth, holding myself from snickering but the expression on his face it’s just too funny that in the end, I just laugh at him. 

“Oh my god! It is you!” he shouted in excitement and the two of us hugged each other. It was so good to see him again. Sun Hee and the rest of them were giving us a confused look when they saw us in hugging each other.

“She is my classmate and my partner during my study days. I told ya she looks familiar.” Yongguk told them all. Almost everyone dropped their jaw wide open especially Sun Hee. I had a lot of explaining to do later.

“Hyung, can you give us a few moment? I need to catch up with her.” Yongguk ask Mr.Kang a permission to talk to me. 

“Does 30 minutes okay?” he look at his watch and smiled at Yongguk who looks way too excited after meeting me.

“Perfect! Thanks hyung! Come Hana! Let’s go!” Yongguk grab my hands and drag me out of the practice room, leaving the rest of them dumbfounded.

“Yahhh!! Slow down you idiot!” 

Yongguk took me to the rooftop after he buy me some coffee. Since he saw some of the fans are waiting outside, it is not a good idea for us to hang out at the entertainment building. I don't wanna get caught in another scandal or Yoongi will kill me!

Yongguk took me to the rooftop after he buys me some coffee. Since he saw some of the fans are waiting outside, it is not a good idea for us to hang out at the entertainment building. I don't wanna get caught in another scandal or Yoongi will kill me!

"How’s life? I haven’t seen you in ages since graduation.” Yongguk asked me as we sip our coffee. 

“Nothing much really. I’m just being me. Busy with my work, got into trouble here and there and now planning to escape from Korea to change my identity.” Yongguk narrow his eyes at me while I chuckled upon seeing his expression.

“What?” I look at him, trying my best to keep a straight face. 

“You’re not serious aren’t you?” He put one of his hands inside his pocket, and his eyes were glaring at me.

“Duhhh! It was a joke. You think I’m crazy to change my identity? I will never betray my country.” 

Yongguk let out his deep baritone laugh. We talked about a lot of things including our life after college and our working life. His life was no different from Hoseok since they both were idols. B.A.P debuted first and BTS a year later. 

"Hey..I've been dying to ask you this. I hope I'm not wrong again but did Hoseok debuted as an Idol too? With a group called BTS?"

I just nodded my head because there's no point hiding it anyway since they know each other.

"So...regarding his dating scandal..was it..true?" Yongguk hesitated, afraid that he will offended me but somehow I'm used to it.

"Yeah...I'm the girl." I pointed at myself and started to puff my cheek.

"Duhhh! I didn't need a second guess to that. But I'm impressed that the both of you were still together."

"You have noooooo idea." I rolled my eyes thinking about all those awful comments that Hoseok has been receiving lately.

"Dating an idol is not easy. Some succeeded and some didn't. Just like me and Yura. The minute we signed as a trainee, goodbye relationship." There's a sad tone under that deep voice. 

"I'm sorry to hear that. I didn't know." I placed my hand on his shoulder and give it a squeeze. 

I remember what a perfect couple Yongguk and Yura was back in the days. They were both talented in studies, good in sports and even had a same interest which is music.

"Nahh…It’s fine. It's been a long time already." He smiled at me.

Then something clicks me.

"Wait, did Yura became a singer too? Or maybe an idol?" 

"She was in a group called Girls' Day."

My mouth were agape. What is this madness? Why it is all my friends were in the entertainment industry? 

"Okay...I need a moment to digest everything. You were with B.A.P, Hoseok is in BTS along with my brother while Yura debuted with Girls' Day. What kind of madness is this?? Holy !" I started to messed up my hair due to the news that I've just heard and I just realized that I let the word brother slip out from my mouth.

"You have a brother in BTS? Who? How come I didn't know about that?" Yongguk scratches his head, looking all confused. For a moment, we forgot about Yura.

"Look. This is the part where I wish I could elope from Korea and change my identity okay. Suga is my brother. He was in the States to complete his studies in music and when he got back here, he went for an audition with Big Hit and he made it. Hoseok and I broke up 5 months after I went to Busan and he was a trainee at Big Hit too. But that time, Hoseok didn't know that Suga was my brother. And Suga knows I'm dating Hoseok but they haven't meet each other."

My chest feels heavy when I open up about my past to Yongguk but he was a friend of mine plus he knows my history with Hoseok. 

"Woah...woah...woah...you mean to tell me that they were both in the same group but they didn't know anything? You should write a story and turn it into a drama."

"I wish it was that simple." I snorted.

"Then what happen? How did you guys patch things up?"

"Well, Suga found out about Hoseok accidently when he found some of my belongings when I left Korea to pursue my dream. Boy he was damn shocked. And not to mention furious too. I mean who wouldn't have guessed that the person who broke his sister's heart was someone very close to him." I paused for a while and took a sip at my coffee. Yongguk patiently waiting for me to finish my complicated love story.

"When I return to Korea after a few years, I landed a job offer at Daebak magazine together with my teammates. One day, I was assigned to interview BTS and that's how I meet Hoseok back. I almost wanted to drown myself at the Han River when I found out they were in the same group. But Suga knows our feelings for each other were still strong so he set us up and we forgive each other. But our happiness didn't last long when the dating scandal were all over the news." I can feel a tears was about to drop from the corner of my eyes but I manage to wipe it before Yongguk notice it.

“I really adore you Hana. I mean you stick with him through thick and thin. Just forget about the haters. It’s your life. Sure you have a rough past with him but at least you patch things up. Your happiness is more important. True fans will accept the reality. I wish Yura and I would end up like you and Hoseok but I guess it didn’t work that way.” Yongguk patted my back; probably he sensed that I was getting a bit emotional. 

“Thank you Yongguk. I feel much better after telling you all this. It feels so good to let it all out. And about Yura, I hope someday you patch things up with her.” I finish up my coffee and threw it in the nearest trash can.

“Forget it okay? I don't have to date anymore. I just wanna focus on my music career. Maybe I should say hi to Hoseok if I met him next time at any event since it was confirmed that it was really him. I really like their group. Their songs were amazing. Even their choreography was sick! No doubt they will be successful in the future. I will always cheer for them.” Yongguk beamed excitedly and smoothly brushes away regarding Yura.

“Looks like someone has become an ARMY.” I , changing the topic slowly.

“And I was looking forward to make collaboration with the rapper line since our style of music is the same genre. What do you think?” 

I clapped my hands and nodded my head. 

“If that happen, I swear I’m gonna have eargasm! Rap Monster, Suga and Hoseok have different styles when it comes to rapping. I’m sure you guys can work out with a masterpiece. I’ll be waiting.” I pumped up my fist enthusiastically. My mind was filled with them performing together on stage, spitting sick rap lines. It will be so cool!

“Yahh! It’s not even happening yet but you are already excited.” 

“Hey! What’s wrong with that? Besides, seeing everyone I know in one stage excites me more than anything else okay. Go and talk to them! I’m looking forward for good news.” I gave Yongguk a push on his shoulder and he groan. 

We were just about to continue talking but then Yongguk's phone started to ring. He excused himself to answer. 

We were just about to continue talking but then Yongguk's phone started to ring. He excused himself to answer.  3 minutes after that, he return to me.

“Looks like our little chit chat needs to end here. Why don’t you give me your number so that we could go for a dinner together with Hoseok as well? I’m sure we have a lot to catch up.”

“Good idea.” I agreed with him and we exchanged numbers. After that, we left the rooftop and meet back with the rest of them at the same room.

“Hanaaaaaa!! Why do I keep on seeing you with an idol?” Sun Hee whined at me in a cute way as she rested his head on my shoulder. We just finished our interview and having a lunch at Itaewon. We requested for a private room since I know Sun Hee is gonna making me spill the beans. 

“I didn't choose this life okay.” I giggled while looking at her reaction. We order our meal and after the waiter left I told Sun Hee and Joon Young about how I knew Yongguk and when was the last time I met him.  

“Your brother is Min Suga Yoongi, one of the best rapper in BTS, along with your boyfriend, J-Hope. And now your best friend is Bang Yongguk from B.A.P. So much swag.” She pouted her lips and I pinch her cheek. 

"And his ex-girlfriend Yura from Girls' Day is my friend too. The person who is responsible giving information about me to Hoseok is her."  

“Really? They dated back then? Did they break up because of the entertainment company rules?” Joon Young make a wild guess which turns out to be true. 

“Sometimes I wonder why they must impose such rules. The idols are human too. They have feelings. Not some kind of robot without any emotions. I feel bad for them. Their whole life has been dictated by their fans who didn’t give them a room to breathe, let alone have a relationship. This industry is too much sometimes.” Joon Young fisted his hands on his lap, judging from the look on his face, he was expressing his disatisfaction towards the industry.

“You can’t blame the entertainment companies too. Before signing an a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter