Chapter 7

Fallen Leaves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*Present Day*

"Congratulations Hana! Your story was being featured again for the third time!" Sun Hee, my officemate/teammate shouted excitedly.

"All your hard work really paid off." Joon Young patted my shoulder and took a seat in between me and Sun Hee. Thank god our boss put us in one room.

"I couldn't have done it without you guys okay." I smiled looking at the both of them. Sun Hee and Joon Young rolled their eyes when they hear my answer.

"Give yourself a credit will ya?" Joon Young fold his arms. I chuckled upon their behavior. But it is true. My story wouldn't be amazing without Sun Hee and Joon Young's photography skills. I used to like taking pictures but now my passion is more to writing. Occasionally, I will go out and take some photos just for fun. But Sun Hee on the other hand, she's good in giving ideas and how to capture's the reader’s attention. And my job is to write down using my creativity.

"Okay...how about we go for dinner after work? My treat?"

The both of them agreed without saying much. Well, who doesn't want free food right? I mean this is the least I can do for them who has been with me through thick and thin. I meet them during my internship in Busan and we went to the States together due to our best performance and here we are working in Seoul at the same company.

We're about to start our work when we heard a knock on our door. Joon Young open the door since his desk is the nearest and it was our boss. Panicked, the 3 of us stood up from our chair and greet him politely.

"May I have a word with you Hana?" Jae Hyun, my boss asked me and I quickly nodded my head. I grab my notebook and followed him to his room with mixed feelings. He rarely calls me to his room unless if I did something wrong.

"Have a seat please." He instructed me and I did as he told. My legs started shaking and I have no idea why was I being nervous. My mind started to think all the wrong doings but I couldn't recall anything.

"Do you know why I called you?"

I shook my head. I could hear he giggled at me. Probably enjoying seeing me like this before dropping the bomb at me. It's either a grenade or a nuclear bomb.

"Why are you so stiff? Relax...I'm not going to scold you or anything. I wanted to congratulate you and your team for your amazing story."

I stared at him blankly, trying to register every single words that he says.

"Ohh’..umm...thank you. I couldn't have done it without them." I smiled but my feet are still shaking. 

"I'm actually impressed how well the 3 of you worked together. So I guess your next assignment should be no problem right?" He grabs a few folder from his drawer and started to run through pages without looking at me.

"As long as it's not something illegal should be no problem." I told him half joking but I can see he is smiling so I guess he can take the joke.

"A representative from Big Hits Entertainment called me. They have requested for you to interview their idol group. Their popularity sky rocketed after their debut."

I wrote down all the information that Jae Hyun told me but something keeps bothering me. Big Hits Entertainment? Like for real? I was avoiding that entertainment for one damn reason; my brother Min Yoongi was an idol who debuted under that company. I didn't even bother to ask him what kind of group he's in but I'm sure it was hip hop since was an underground rapper before. I hardly had the time to meet him because when he came back from the States, I left Seoul. And in between that time, he was scouted and being accepted as a trainee.

But despite our different path, he still text me and ask me to take care of myself. Yeah I know. Our siblings bond are kinda weird. We may look like we don't care about each other but deep down we do it's just that we have different way of expressing it.

"May I know the name of the group that my team will interview? I can ask Sun Hee to do some research about them." 

"Bangtan Sonyeondan or better known as BTS. Have you ever heard of them?" Jae Hyun gave me a look and I almost choked on my spit.

"Well...ermm..I've heard a few of their songs but never meet them." 

Liar! I know the group but not all the members since I only concern about my brother. Just imagine if everyone knows that Min Yoongi's sister works as a writer and she is gonna write about her brother's group. I don't think I can handle all the stress being followed around by a sasaeng fans. I need my private life.

"Okay. Looks like you have some research to do. By the way, the interview will be held at their company in two days."

"Omo! Jjinja?? We're gonna interview them?? Omo! Omo! I can't believe this! Omo! Finally god answers my prayers. I can finally meet Kim Seokjin!" Sun Hee's excitement was predicted when I broke the news to the both of them. 

Joon Young gave Sun Hee a funny look while I just ignore her fangirling moment because I had a lot going through my mind right now. What if they find out the secret that I've been keeping? 

"Is something bothering you Hana? You look kinda depressed." Joon Young's deep voice startled me. Seriously, this guy over here reminds me so much about Yongguk. His deep voice, his calm manners and he acts more matured than Sun Hee even though they are the same age.

"It's nothing. I'm just thinking about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter