Chapter 13

Fallen Leaves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was riding the subway on my way to work. Even though it was still early, the subway was already packed with people. I choose to stand near the door so it will be easy for me to get off since from my house to my work place only took me 6 stations. With an ear-phone in my ears, I just put my playlist on shuffle and ignored the world. But my heart aches when suddenly a BTS song called Butterfly was played. I wanted to skip the song but somehow I just let it be. After all, it was a beautiful song.

After the incident, I totally keep my distance away from him. Yoongi also do his part as my brother. He texted me just now saying that he's leaving for Japan and he'll be back in a week. He ask me to take care of myself, make sure I eat properly...bla...bla...bla...typical brother to sister nagging which sometimes annoys me but I didn't dare to disobey him since he was my brother. 

Thinking he's gonna leave me for a week makes me feel empty since he was the closest family I have in Seoul. Our parents were often out of the country but we still keep in touch. My dad was doing a property business along with my mom. So we have a few properties in Seoul including the one I'm staying right now and the old one at Mapo-Gu. Well, technically the one I'm staying now belongs to Yoongi but since he is staying in the dorm and his house is nearer to my office, he let me stay here. 

I got off the station at Gangnam and since it's still early, I decided to grab some quick breakfast at the subway station before heading to the office. As I made a beeline, someone gently tapped my shoulder, making me turn around just to know who it was.

"Good morning Hana!" Jae Hyun greet me and I bow at him politely. Such a rare occasion to encounter him especially early in the morning. He probably needs to meet up with a client.

"You're early. Is there anything important?" I asked him as we settled down our order, which he ends up paying for all. He says it was his treat.

"Kinda. B.A.P's representative is coming to our office. I think he's bringing one of the members with him too. Probably the leader of the group."

I almost choked on my sandwich when I heard what Jae Hyun told me. Why didn't Jae Hyun tell me about it yesterday? Or did he already did and I totally forgot about it? I tried my best to remember because I rarely forgot something especially when it comes to work. If I ever forget, Sun Hee or Joon Young will remind me but I received nothing from them either.

"Don't worry. They decided to come at the very last minute. You didn't forget anything." Jae Hyun chuckled upon my expression. It was kinda embarrassed when your boss can actually read you like an open book.

"What time are they coming? Did Sun Hee and Joon Young know about this?" I finish off my last bite and took a sip on my drink. Jae Hyun too had finish his meal.

"Nope. They didn't know. This is not really a formal meeting. Why are you panicking?" he stood up from his chair, getting ready to leave and I did the same. I scratch my head, trying to find a reason why I was panicking in the first place. I realized I was being ridiculous plus he already told me it wasn't that important.

"Sorry. Lately my mind was kinda messed up so I was afraid it will ruined my work." I explained to him while we were walking towards the office.

"Wanna share? I'm a pretty good listener. My girlfriend talks to me a lot about her problem. I can give you some advice if you need one." Jae Hyun offered himself to ease some of my burden. If I talk to him, it'll be the first time since I never told anyone about my life other than Sun Hee, Joon Young and of course Yoongi.

"Well...nothing serious really. My life is kinda complicated. Have you ever been in a situation where you past came back and you're not sure what to do?" I just blurt out casually at him without thinking much. Sometimes, talking to someone who is not in your circle is quite refreshing.

"Ex-boyfriend?" he asked me with a small giggle. I let out an awkward laugh and he knows that he was right. He puts both of his hands inside his pocket while I was contemplating whether should I tell him more or just put an end to this conversation. But judging by the look, he seems interested to know what exactly happen so I just briefly told him about what's going on and what should I do. The only thing that I didn't ttell was their real name.

"Hmmm…you know...you will always forgive the person that you love no matter how much they hurt you." Jae Hyun told me and that is what exactly what Yoongi said to me.

"We all made a mistake. Not everyone is perfect. In your case, you made a mistake too by not telling him the real situation. You let him make his own assumptions. I understand you didn't want him to worry but sometimes it is much better to tell the truth rather than hiding it. But he already acknowledge his mistakes and willing to start over. Why don't you give him a chance? I'm sure your brother is in dilemma too. You're his sister and that person was his friend."

Jae Hyun's words hits me like a truck! I didn't realize the mistakes that I made until Jae Hyun point out every single thing. It's true that I hide a lot of things from Hoseok. About Yoongi. About my illness. I only think about myself. I never thought about Yoongi or Hoseok. Suddenly I was feeling guilty about almost everything.

"But he shouldn't accuse you sleeping with another man. That was just too absurd. He should know you better. But the damage has been done and he can't take away those words. The only thing that the both of you can do now is give each other some space and time. Until you're both ready, then you should meet and talk things through. If you still love him, give him a chance. If it's the other way round, you know what to do." Jae Hyun gave me a pat on the shoulder, making me flinch a bit since I was in a deep thought. 

"Just think about what I say. As for now, clear your mind. We need to stay focus on work."

I didn't realized that we have reach the office. Time sure flies when you're having a deep conversation with someone. 

"Thank you Jae Hyun. I'll definitely gonna think about it."

My days for that whole week was the same oil routine. Get my up, go to work, back home and the routine continues. Occasionally, Joon Young and Sun Hee will come over to my place to have dinner. Yoongi constantly texting me and I feel kinda weird because usually he's not this clingy. But I take it in a positive way that he was trying to make a brotherly bonding time with me since he was always on tour. 

But on the day he was supposed to get back to Korea, I had a bad feeling since I wake up in the morning. I don't even know how to explain. My heart was beating irregularly fast and I was uneasy the whole day. I couldn't even concentrate doing my work. Even Sun Hee and Joon Young notice it. 

So to avoid making any mistakes, I asked Jae Hyun for a half day and without even questioning the reason, he just approved it since I rarely ask for time off. On my way back home, I decided to call Yoongi but I couldn't reach him since it went straight to the voicemail. I drop by at the nearest G25 convenience store to buy some drinks just to calm my senses. 

After getting what I wanted, I walked out from the store just to find a place to ease my mind. After been walking endlessly for 15 minutes, I found a park and decided to have my drink there. I sat at the bench under the tree and placed all the snacks and drink that I bought beside me. A few petals of cherry blossom started to fall and scattered around the park. It gives me a peaceful feeling as I sip my drinks. The smell of the spring air is so refreshing.

I was about to take a bite on my snacks when I heard my phone ringing. Thinking it was about work, I just ignored it since I was having my time off. But it keeps on ringing again and again. 

"Hmm...who could it be? Must be so important." I told myself as I take my phone out from my bag. When I saw the missed call, it was from Yoongi. Without thinking much, I called him back. It took only 2 ringing before it was being picked up.

"Yahh! I know you miss me that much. Are you back from the tour?" I asked him bluntly but there was silence at the end of the line.

"Min Yoongi! Are you there? Hello?" I called his name again but there was no answer.

"Oppa! Yahh! Are deaf Min Yoongi?" I grew impatient as I yelled his name. He was never like this. 

"H...Hana..." I heard someone else voice. It wasn't Yoongi's voice but someone else. The person that I've been avoiding for the last 3 months. 

"What do you want? Where's Yoongi?" I asked him coldly but my heart was a bit hurt when I used that tone against him.

"He's at the hospital. In the emergency room." 

My hands were trembling when I heard the news. No wonder I was feeling uneasy. My whole body was shaking. My chest were feeling tighten and my breathing becomes abnormal.

"Which hospital?" My voice cracked as I was trying so hard not to cry.

"Samsung Medical Center."

I put down my phone, ran outside from the park, not caring about my snacks and drinks anymore and I got myself a cab. The whole journey to the hospital was so suffocating.

When I reach the hospital, I immediately ask the staff at the information counter where the emergency room is. She pointed the directions and I thanked her. 

I pressed the elevator button repeatedly, hoping it will come faster, which I know it wouldn't do any good but I don't care. I just wanted to see my brother. I don't even know what happen to him.

After waited anxiously, finally the elevator door opened. Thank god there's no one and I pressed the button to close the door. It feels like forever to reach the emergency room. 

When I've reach the floor, I make a mad dash out of the elevator and it didn't take me long to find the place. I saw the whole members of BTS were waiting outside the emergency room. At this point, I don't care if they know me as Yoongi's sister. All I know is that I want to know what is wrong with Yoongi.

My footsteps creates attention to the members. They were kinda shocked to see me there. My tears started rolling down my eyes when I saw Hoseok's face. 

"Yoongi...where is Yoongi? What happen to him?" I asked randomly without expecting anyone to answer it. 

"Noona...what are you doing here?" Jimin scratch his head, looking confused. Yeah...I bet everyone will give me a look because I keep calling Yoongi's name.

Hoseok immediately grab me and pulled into his embrace. I started to cry as he at the back of my head and his other hands were draping around my waist firmly. His actions makes everyone even more confused but not to Jimin and Jungkook who knows about our past history.

"I need you to calm down before I tell you the whole situation. Can you promise me that?" he whisper gently at my ears and his warmth manage to calm me. He release me from his embrace as he placed both of his hands on my shoulder.

"Yoongi hyung...he...he had an appendicitis."

"What? When? How?" I grab Hoseok by the colar of his shirt, demanding for answer as my knees are getting weaker. More tears were flowing down.

"We didn't know. He didn't even tell us. But we noticed that he was acting weird. He lost his appetite, he's getting paler and sometimes we saw him constantly clutching his abdomen." Hoseok explained to me. I hold on to Hoseok's arms to support myself as he continue taking about Yoongi's condition.

"When we landed this morning, he fainted. So we rushed to the hospital and found out about this. The doctor says that he had no choice but to operate him since his appendix is quite serious and it might burst anytime. If that happen, his life might be in danger." 

I almost dropped my knees on the ground after hearing everything but thank god Hoseok was holding me. I wanted to cry more but I promised Hoseok that I must calm down so I prevent myself from bawling like a mad girl.

"For now, let's just pray for him, okay?" Hoseok bring me closer to his chest as I wrapped my hands around his waist, trying hard to stay calm. He rested his chin on top of my head while my back. Every time he heard me sobbing, he would kiss my forehead just to make me feel better. We completely forgot about the other members.

"Miss Min Hana?"

I lift my face from his chest and turn my head around when I hear someone calls my name. It was a guy. I don't know who he is but how did he knows my name?

"Yeah...that's me. Who are you?" I questioned him curiously and he just gave me a smile.

"I'm their manager, Sejin. It is such a pleasure to finally meet you. Yoongi sure talks a lot about you. I can't believe he actually has a sister." He chuckled and I smiled to myself. Hearing Yoongi talks about me to someone else somehow makes me feel delighted.

"Wait...what?? You're his sister??" Namjoon almost spit his coffee while Jin's eyes grew wider. Jimin and Jungkook refraining themselves from laughing after seeing his hyungs reaction. Hoseok didn't say anything much. Taehyung was already asleep so I doubt he'll knows.

"Sorry for not telling you guys but yeah...I'm his sister." I smiled awkwardly. Hoseok was still standing beside me with one of his hands at my back, caressing it gently just to ease me from being nervous. How can I hate him? He knows me too well and he reacted without even I tell him to.

"No wonder you're close with Hoseok. Ok I get it. For a moment I thought the both of you were in a relationship." Jin's word makes me choked on my saliva. I look at Hoseok and I saw his face were all red. He was blushing!

"Yahh! Why are you blushing? Did you have a crush on her? Yoongi-hyung will definitely kill you if you lay a finger on his sister." Namjoon but god if only he knows what he was saying was the truth, I bet he will be having a heart-attack!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter