Chapter 1

Fallen Leaves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Flashback*

"Hey there. Are you alone?" 

I almost dropped my camera when suddenly I heard a voice behind me. I turn around and saw a boy who is smiling brightly at me, showing his beautiful set of white teeth. I was taking a picture for my course work and I choose to go to Gyeongbokgung Palace since it was recommended by most of my friends and I wasn't disappointed at all. The scenery was breathtaking! The lake, the architecture of the building, the autumn leaves that covered most of the trails at the palace grounds makes everything perfect. Well, almost perfect until this random boy showed up.

"Nope. I'm actually with my imaginary boyfriend. Like duhh.."

I gave him a sarcastic answer with a sly smile on my face, hoping he will get annoyed and leave me alone but to my surprise, he just laugh it off and play around with my words.

"Hello there imaginary boyfriend. Do you mind if I wanna say hi to your girlfriend? I mean I would love to get to know her. Will you gave me the permission to do that? What? You do? Thank you! Well, looks like your imaginary boyfriend says okay."

What the actual fish?? Did he just play along with me? Didn't he get it that I was being sarcastic? This boy is sure something. 

"My name is Hoseok by the way. Jung Hoseok." He stretch out his hand for a handshake. 

"Hana." I smiled and returned his handshake.

"Ahhh..okay..so what are you doing after this? Still taking pictures?" he put both of his hands inside his pocket while staring at me with that gorgeous smile again

"I'm almost finished. Just a few more and I'll be done. Why?"

"Actually, there's a new cafe just opened at Myeondong Street." he rubbed his back head shyly before giving me a look.

"Okay..what about it?" I ask him bluntly, not getting the hint.

"I was wondering if you wanna grab a cup of coffee with me after this."

I blinked coupled of times while my brain trying to digest his words properly so I didn't get it wrong. Did he really just ask me out? I mean I hardly know him. 

"I don't even know you that well and you just randomly ask me out for a coffee. Are you sure about that? I might be a serial killer or some crazy lunatic." I joked and at the same time, I felt this strange feeling started to bloom deep inside me. Weird because I've never felt like this before. 

"Yeah right. I don't mind being killed by a cute serial killer like you." He winked playfully and God I swear my heart almost jumped out from my chest. What is this? How come this boy can be so funny and handsome at the same time? His smile is to die for! Should I say yes?

We reached the Hello Kitty Cafe at Myeondong after I agreed to have a coffee with him. After ordering, we find a place to sit and we have a nice conversation and at the same time, trying to get to know each other. What surprises me is that he was in the same university with me but in different course. He was a performing arts student majoring in dance, he's a year older than me and technically my senior but the funny thing is I never noticed him before this or probably I don't bother to notice anyone at all. I was always busy with my assignments and living in my own world.

Except for the last 2 semester where I received a mysterious gift from an anonymous person. I never knew who send it to me and sometimes when I arrived at my desk in my classroom, there's a packed food with a note asking me to eat well and don't skip any meal. It's driving me insane because the person who sends it must be someone who knows me. I have this habit of skipping my meal when I have so much work to do. I doubt it was my classmates because almost everyone isn’t single and available. Until now, I didn't know who the hell did it but whoever the person is, thank you for giving me free food.

I didn't realize I've spend 3 hours at the cafe chit chatting with Hoseok and he almost makes me choked on my food or spit my drinks due to his stupid joke. He was too funny for me to handle which makes me realized I haven't laugh like this for a long time and I've never felt so comfortable with someone who is the opposite gender. As the time passed by, it's time for us to go home.

"Where do you live by the way?" Hoseok ask me as we were walking towards the subway station.

"Mapo-Gu. It's quite near the campus. What about you?"

"Ohh..looks like we're going at the same direction. I'll walk you home if you don't mind." 

And I have no idea why I end up agreeing with his idea. 

As we enter the train, it was full of people and obviously there are no seat so the both of us has to stand. From one station to another, more and more people are coming in and I was sandwiched between them. I tried to get some space but it was impossible. Suddenly, someone grab my arms making me move towards it and I accidently bumped into someone's chest. I look up and it was Hoseok. He was the one who pulled me towards him.

"What are you doing?" I whisper at him and at the same time, I know my face was as red as a tomato and my heart was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter