Chapter 9

Almost Heaven

Premiere: June 16, 2018

Showtime: 5 PM

Please join us for a night of

Glamour and Elegance

as we celebrate our

Third Year Class Reunion

Saturday, June sixteenth two thousand eighteen

at five o'clock in the evening

Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok.

Attire: Red Carpet Chic

Hosted by:

FC & MC Class of 2015


 

A beautifully embossed invitation safely arrived in my hands courtesy of Yuri. I am excited at the prospect of an elegant evening out to spend with old friends…until I spot the dress code.


 

What made me worry me is that, I need to stay in theme with my cocktail attire. To keep the look, elegant and reserved, not over-the-top or under dress. A part of that, I need a company for the party.


 

I think it will be wise to discuss it together with P’ Push and Mook over our breakfast.


 

Who is Mook, you asked?


 

She is my best friend, the youngest child of the Kasetsin family. She is my silly best friend with a bubbly personality, kindhearted, and sometimes too mischievous for me to handle.


 

Mook and P' Push were introduced when I went through the dark period in my life. My uncle, David got me professional help and I received treatments and counselings to help me cope with my parents death.


 

During that period, I was crushed under the weight of my depression and constant numbness. I stopped eating and lost weight, I practically had to force the food down my throat to keep everyone from my case. I was up all night, tossing and turning. Then, I had to push myself to get out of bed every morning because I was exhausted and numb.


 

When I looked at myself in the mirror; a once happy, full of life boy was paled by grief and sadness.


 

My uncle David is a busy business man and therefore he was not at home for most of the time. Both husband and wife were busy traveling around the world to attend business meetings or gatherings. They did not have a child of their own because of my uncle impotence. It caused by an accident when he was in his 20s. This is supposed to be a family secret that I got to know from my late father.


 

Later on, he introduced me to the pair of siblings. Actually the Kasetsins are family friends to Paisarnkulwong. At first, I found them annoying especially Mook. She kept blabbering nonstop and asked me lots of questions. Pushing me to stuff with her and trying to engage me in a conversation. I was very persistent to ignored them and kept to myself.


 

Having enough with my episodes, my uncle fed up and decided to enroll me at United Nations International School, New York. He said that I need to learn to live in the society.


 

Back then, I was introverted, had poor command of English language and I struggled to adapt with the new environment.


 

Until one day when it all happened. I was feeling dizzy and lost my balance when going down the school stairs. I braced my fall using both hands and caused my dislocated left shoulder.

 

Mook waited with me while I am getting treated. I had to use the arm support sling. Later, she hugged me and hold me so tight saying that she was sorry that she cannot save me on time. She cried and told me that she wished that she could take the pain away.


 

I broke down and thought that there was someone else that cares whether I am alive or dead.


 

Once I made up my mind to live my life again, I realised that I was left behind in my studies. P' Push volunteered to give me personal tutoring sessions. He always take care off me and willing to listen to my problems. He was a big brother I never have. I am envious with what Mook has until one day I almost lost her. That will be a different story...


 

The siblings' positive vibe rubs on me. Slowly, I stopped put on fakes smile to keep up with appearances. I learned how to express my emotions, instead of keeping them bottled up.


 

Then, the three of us were inseparable since then. About Mook, sometimes she can be too possessive and clingy. She often gets into fights with her brother over me.


 

Sometimes I get the feeling that Mook carry a torch for me. More than a friend, I mean. She cannot be more obvious that it is. Thus, it explains her weird behavior and attempts to monopolize all my times.


 

Ironically, in this aspect, these two siblings are so similar to each other and if you ever say it to their faces, I can confirm for you that they will vehemently deny it.


 

Mook however was not as vocal as her brother. I think she does not want to jeopardize our friendship. She heard about my history with Earn.