Chapter 11

Almost Heaven

Pete stepped down from his car at the hotel entrance with Mook in tow, clinging to his arm.


 

Unexpectedly, the first two familiar faces that welcomed him are Phun and Noh. Wearing identical white suits as if this is their wedding; fooling arounds with goofy grins plastered on their faces. Blinding people with their happiness. Lost in their own world.

 


 

It took them a while to realise his presence and later Noh gave him a brotherly hug and exclaimed, “Oi, Pete! What a surprise! I'm glad that you can make  it. I heard from Yuri that you will be coming. I kept this info so that it will be a nice surprise for Earn later..."

 

Pete only scrateched his head and gave his sincere smile as a reply. Later, Phun extended his hands for a handshake.


 

Mook nudged Pete's arm to let him know that she is there. Pete smile sheepishly, while introducing his date. “This is Mook, a close friend of mine.”


 

Both Phun and Noh gave her a wai, and she returned the gesture. Phun introduced himself and Noh.


 

Noting that both men seems to be too friendly and cannot seem to be apart of each other, Mook gave Pete a curious glance. Pete only nodded to Mook, confirming her suspicion.


 

As predicted, his friends were curious about his whereabouts for the last five years. They knew about his parents accident, and gave their condolences regarding that issue.


 

While having conversation with the lovebirds, Pete's eyes wandered around trying to get a glimpse of the man that he has been missing.


 

Phun seemed to read Pete's mind and nonchalantly remarked, “Mr. Celebrity will arriving shortly as he has a press conference this afternoon. He has informed us that he will be a bit late.”


 

Noh continued obliviously, “I'm sure Earn will be happy to meet you later...”


 

Pete only blushed, trying to mask his nervousness. Mook tugged on Pete's sleeve as she is getting irritated as they have been standing at the entrance for almost 15 minutes.


 

Phun seemed to get the idea and ushered for all of them to walk in. Phun placed his right hand intimately on the back of Noh's waist, walking together to the banquet hall..


 

After stepped in the hall, Pete immediately looked around looking for his own circle of friends.


 

Pete found the group of familiar faces he is looking for. Card and Por. He led Mook towards their direction and he was welcomed enthusiastically by his friends.


 

They are talked about numerous topics and exchanged phone numbers to keep in touch.


 

However, Pete did not forget to take care of Mook. He took off his outer coat and placed it on her shoulder when he felt that the air is too chilly. He is more concern about Mook's well-being rather than been made fun by his friends who wolf-whistled seeing his action. Mook blushed prettily at their teasings.


 

Time seems to move slowly for Pete. At last, the man he is waiting for made a brilliant entrance. Earn came alone. He was immediately swarmed by enthusiastic friends trying to catch his attention. He seemed eased to be the center of attention. Pete noticed that Earn gave his usual professional smile that was meant for the camera. He is not happy, Pete noted. His smile did not reach his eyes.


 

Pete is stunned, cannot move from his current spot. His heart thumped wildly at Earn's sight. “He looks heavenly dashing ...”


 

Pete lost in his trail of thoughts until he was pinched by Mook.


 

Pete heard the sound of cameras snapping pictures and he realised how far apart they are now. Should I make initiative to approach Earn first? Or should I wait until he noticed my presence?


 

After a while, Earn eyes lwandered around and stopped when it landed on the loud couple. Phun and Noh... Is it still Noh, Earn? The one whom you heart yearns even after all this years...


 

Pete sighed dissapointedly when he sees that Earn striding towards the affectionate couple. Earn smiled warmly while taking his steps.


 

Noh gave Earn a brotherly hug while Phun only shook hands with his love rival.

 

From afar, Pete can see that Earn chuckled happily with whatever Noh is saying until he suddenly turned his face and glared at Pete's direction. Then, his eyes is looking at the hand that linked to Pete's side. He gave Mook an overall look and turned his stoic face elsewhere.


 

Pete is deliberating whether should he makes his greeting now or forgo his plan after the cold shoulder he received.


 

He was saved from making the decision when the MC announced for all to be seated as they will start having the dinner soon.


 

Suddenly he heard someone calling his name. It was Yuri, who walked towards hid direction. She introduced her fiance, while Pete do the same with Mook.


 

Yuri is inviting him to share the roundtable. Pete ended up two tables away from where Earn is seated. Mook is sitted o his right side, while Yuri on his left.


Fortunately, he can see the object of his affection clearly from where he was seated. However, Earn seemed oblivious about Pete's staring longingly at his direction.