Chapter 6

Almost Heaven

Yuri left after receiving a call from her fiance to notify that he has arrived to fetch her. They are going for dinner and she promised to visit me again tomorrow.

 

After she left, I went online to search information about Earn using my iPhone 6s.

 

What I found left me agape... Oh my god, he was so delicious with his bared torso and everything. Yummy...Who is he trying to seduce? I do not mind to be at the receiving end. Clicked. Copy image and saved. This would my secret treasure. Pete giggled happily to himself.

 

What Yuri said was the truth. Earn is practically everywhere. News about his films premieres. Red carpet with beautiful actresses. Receiving awards. His hit songs listed top on music charts.

 

Earn has become a remarkable public figure with a large fan base supporting him. He seemed too far for me to reach him. While here, I am still a nobody... With nothing to my name. Ironically, I'm not even a graduate....

 

Would Earn still acknowledge me as his friend? He is a big shot now. For sure, his has new friends that will be at his beck and calls. It reminded me that the last time we met, we had an argument and I left the country without a notice.

 

While I am reminiscing about our past, P' Push came for a visit and interrupted my train of thoughts.

 

“What are you doing, Nong Pete? I knocked the door just now but you don't seemed to notice it. You looked like you are in your own world. Do you have any problem? Is there anything I can help you with, dear?” Push asked concernedly.

 

Pete was startled at first and later steadied himself. He explained, “It was nothing, P' Push. I met an old friend just now. She works as a nurse here at the pediatric ward. I'm not sure whether you know her or not. Her name is Yuri, she is a Thai-Japanese.”

 

Push frowned upon hearing my answer and inquired with a hint of jealousy, “Is she your ex-girlfriend? Why I never hear you mentioned about her before?”

 

Pete chuckled and clarified, “Girlfriend? I wished so...but, unfortunately no. Na-uh...She already engaged and even invited me for her wedding later in December.”

 

Pete jokingly questioned, “Why? Are you jealous, Dr. Kasetsin? You don't seemed to be a jealous type.”

 

Push turned serious all of sudden, and grabbed both of Pete's hand gesturing for Pete to look into his eyes. He said, “Yes, I am jealous. I'm always serious when it comes about you. You do know that right, Nong Pete.” Push stared deep into Pete's eyes looking for an answer.

 

Pete heard his heart is throbbing erratically. It seems that time stopped and only both of them was left in this world.

 

Pete did not know how to response to this. He can feel Push's sincerity for him. He always tried to find his way out from answering to Push's confessions. Sometimes, he laughed it off and brushed it as a joke and Push always dropped the subject after that.

 

You can call him a coward but he could care less. Pete does not want to ruin what they have right now. Even though they always joked around and sometimes bickered, deep inside his heart he always knew that his P' Push always put Pete first before himself.

 

Their special moment was interrupted when someone knocked on the door. The nurse dropped by to deliver his evening tea and snacks.

 

Push changed the topic and casually asked, “What did you talked about with Yuri just now? It must be nice to meet old friends, right?”

 

Pete replied, “Yes, it was nice. She didn't changed at all. Still a caring girl that I remembered she was.” He continued, “She suggested for me to join the school reunion next month. I told her that I haven't decide it yet.” “What do you think, P' Push?” Pete asked for Push's opinion on the matter.

 

Push rubbed Pete's head lovingly and agreed, “I think that is a good idea for you to attend the reunion. You can meet up with your old friends and catch-up with them. Then, you'll have friends to hangout with. I don't want you to be lonely at home while I’m out working.”

 

Push let Pete decided for himself on the matter, “All is up to you, it's your call.”

 

Push stayed around until Pete finished his dinner and went home for a rest.