Chapter 18

Almost Heaven

Pete cleaned up and changed into a pair of clean clothes. He waited up in the restaurant while waiting for the rest of his friends to arrive.


 

It was a nice quiet time for him to go over things that happened today. His head is messed up with his conflicts with Earn.


 

Should he give up on Earn right now?


 

The man must be devastated to hold it against him because he left without notice five years ago.


 

It was normal for him to give Pete a hard time now.


 

Actually, Pete has his own reasons for leaving then.


 

Back then, they were both young and immature. They always get into childish arguments, which Pete ended up to concede first and apologized to make amends with Earn.


 

He changed himself to please Earn. He desperately wanted to be the person who made Earn smile.


 

He resignedly admitted; Maybe it was because I love him more than he loves me...


 

Pete contemplation about his issues with Earn was interrupted with the arrival of the loving couple. Phun and Noh arrived while holding hands.


 

Slowly the rest of the group arrived one by one.


 

The last person to arrive was Earn and he took the empty seat beside Pete.


 

Pete was a little surprised and raised his eyebrows.


 

Noh looked at him and said: “Oi Earn, I thought you are not coming.”


 

Earn gazed boldly at Noh with a flirtatious smile while saying: “There are food, booze and entertainment, so why would I not come?”

 

Phun feeling threaten by the simple provocation from Earn started to shows his possessiveness of Noh.


 

He scooted his chair closer and placed a protective arm over his boyfriend's shoulder, while his lover's hair lovingly.


 

Noh can only put his hand on his forehead brushing his temple embarrassingly.


 

Everyone else has arrived, so the waiter started to serve their dinner.


 

For the whole afternoon, they are playing on the beach, so everyone is really hungry now.


 

Thus from start to finish, Pete was preoccupied with eating, until Noh's pretty boyfriend smilingly said; “Don't you celebrity need to watch your weight? If you put on weight, you might be out of market soon...”


 

Earn raised his head instantly and discovered that those who are seating in their table were looking at him.


 

Of course, he realized that Phun was directing those words against him.


 

Pete felt uncomfortable with this tense atmosphere.


 

Why some people are so troublesome!


 

They will pretend 'to be curious' and 'to be caring' but their tone of voice is mocking.


 

Then they will try to put you down just to see you suffer.


 

Earn fixed his gaze at Phun and said with sarcasm:“I never know that our P' Phun cares for me deeply.”


 

“Don't worry, I'm actually trying to put on weight for my new action film. I hit the gym often to burn the calories away and sculpting my muscles to make it more define.” Earn continued.


 

Pete has been busy eating while being over-conscious of Earn's presence, so he did not listen attentively.


 

Dinner ended and they planned to hit the pub.