Chapter 8

Almost Heaven

Pete felt a bit lightheaded because of his fast last night for his impending blood test and other numerous test required today. Everything was done by afternoon and his results was out an hour later.

Dr. Kasetsin dropped by from time to time and accompanied Pete whenever he is free.

 

When the result was out, the doctor insisted to check the test result himself. It shown that Pete is underweight and anemic.

 

Thus, Push started to nag Pete about the importance of taking care of his health better.

 

Pete only nodded occasionally to Dr. Push nagging while enjoying his lunch. He knows that he has nothing to be worried about and everything will be taken care by his P' Push. He can be a brat whenever his P' Push is around, as he always indulged Pete. And this is one of the many occasions.

 

Pete was really happy to know that he will be discharged tomorrow morning. He dreaded the stay, as he cannot stand the hospital smell.

 

Pete hated to be constrained in the room and longed to venture outside. To explore the city that he left five years ago.

 

Yuri kept her promise and visited him again that evening. She helped to update him on the latest news and juicy gossips in order to fill the gap that he was missing.

 

They talked about various things, but what really caught his attention, was topic related to Earn.

 

Apparently, he is a famed womanizer who dates around. However, all his relationships only last for short period. The longest was three months, who is his co-star in the latest film that was premiered last week.

 

What made Pete surprised was that there was no rumors hinting that Earn is gay or bi-ual.

 

Pete left wondering, what about Earn's crush on Noh?

 

Earn was totally devastated when Noh got together with Phun. Pete was there to help mending Earn's broken heart. This made him confused. Is Earn straight? Gay? Or biual?

 

Pete was so sure that it was not a cliche phase that he heard that sometimes teenagers went through during puberty, a stage where you are confused with your uality.

 

Pete racked through his memories and and do not have any solid proof that Earn is gay. The only one clue that Earn likes guys, or any inklings that he likes a guy, was his crush on Noh.

 

Maybe previously Earn was into guy because he felt comfortable around them.

 

One of his theories is, Earn was not comfortable around women because he lacked of a mother's touch while growing up.

 

Earn was raised by a single-parent, General Anupart; after his mother left when Earn was two years old. The general decided to get married again when he was in tenth grade.

 

Earn was always cold and tip-toed around his step-mother. He has a step-sister who are much older than him and they did not have a chance to bond P' Alice went abroad to Canada to continue her studies later on.

 

Maybe his attachment to Noh and is because he was comfortable with guys . And the situation that time, did not help him because he went to all boys-school.

 

These are all theories until he can proof it; or he hear it from Earn himself...

 

Pete wanted to look good for the party and went shopping for a new suits on weekend. He wanted to look good as they are required to wear formal dress.

 

Pete never has to worry about lack of money because he has his own savings. Most of it comes from his inheritance his parents left him and their insurance money. It is a hefty sum of money and if he spends carefully, he can last without working for the rest of his life.