Chapter 4

Almost Heaven

Here I am after half an hour ride from P' Push condominium, Bumrungrad International Hospital. Undeniably, this luxury place is a world-class facility with costs to match here in Thailand.

 

Sigh. Clearly, there is a fairly enormous gap between the rich and the poor in Thailand, and that holds true for medicine as well. When you asked around, where is the best hospital around, Bumrungrad International Hospital is always immediately named, and for good reason too.

 

During my stay, I will be given several nurses attending me at any given moment. The medical care is superb as doctors here know their stuff, and they are really good.

 

It has an amazing view to take your mind off from your unpleasant condition led to you seek for medical attention in the first place. Not to forget, that the hospital menu itself includes at least seven choices for each meal, including Asian-style, Western-style, vegetarian and halal.

 

All these has been sold from P' Push; in his negotiation to convince me to get my comprehensive health screening done here.

 

Ironically, the most important reason was, my Mr Puttichai Kasetsin, or to be exact Dr. Puttichai Kasetsin; has started working here since last month.

 

P' Push is the main purpose that brought me back home to Thailand.

 

Sigh... Cue to my dreaded hospital visit now. Having a doctor in the house might be helpful to some, but not when you are at the receiving end of supervising. Believe me! I am not lying, I am one!

 

To be honest, I will never hold a grudge against him. No one will be concern about my well-being in this world, except for him. Or relatively a few others would not hurt.

 

On the bright side, it is, quite frankly, the best hospital I have been to anywhere in the world.

 

Not that it will stop me from feeling trepidation from the oncoming agenda. Like lab rat, I will be poked, prodded, pinched and screened from top to toe.

 

Along the way, P' Push kept holding my hands. Ignoring the stares that he received from the public. Mind your own business,people! We are not having any exhibition here, please.

 

We walked to the registration counter for my admission. I noticed how the receptionist and nurses giggled, and kept throwing glances our way.

 

Mr. Hot Shot here, was immune to the attention that he received, released our linked hands and proceed to fill up the form f

 

or me. On my part, I am grateful as there are a lot of paperwork to be completed. Later on, I only needed to posse for a picture, wait for my health card to be ready and pushed on a wheelchair to my room.

 

 

 

On my way up riding the elevator, I thought I caught a glimpse of someone familiar from my past..

 

If my eyesight did not fail me, she looked like Yuri. The adorable Thai-Japanese convent girl. The one who once became a subject of one of my arguments with Earn. The girl who he warned me to hands off because she was off-limit as she used to be Noh's ex-girlfriend.

 

Which I purposely defied him, just to get him riled up. Just to get him to pay attention to me, for once.

 

What is she doing here? Was it because she is sick? I remembered that she used to be very attentive and caring towards me. She was a good friend and we used to hangout together. We are there for each other during our difficult phase. She was really heartbroken when her relationship with Noh ended. As for me, Earn was being a jerk and kept picking on my friendship with Yuri. On my part, I purposely did not want to clear Earn's misunderstanding about our relationship.