Chapter 3

Almost Heaven

Pete woke up feeling lightheaded and nausea that was caused by his jet-lag yesterday. Imagine if you been forced to buckle up on your seat and hauled up for 20 hours long flight from New York to Bangkok.

 

Not that he will admit it out loud to Push, but he was grateful to Push insistence for him to fly with First Class ticket.

 

Pete groaned, trying to loosen up his sore muscles. He dreaded to think that if this is how he ended up when flying with Emirates for a day. He cannot even imagined flying on economy ticket with those cramped space to even stretch his long limbs.

 

The time now was afternoon. Pete rubbed his tummy, feeling hungry since his last meal was ten hours ago. His stomach grumbled , pleading to be fed.

 

Pete turned his door knob carefully, and his face light up when his nose picked up the smell of appetizing aromas coming from the kitchen.

 

He was greeted with the sight of a handsome man slicing the tomatoes shaking his hips while humming happily.

 

 

Pete saluted the man with a wai, greeting him politely, “Good afternoon, P' Push. Sorry that I overslept and can't help you with the cooking.”

 

Push only grinned and dismissed the idea with a slight wave of his hand. He said, “Afternoon, my adorable Nong Pete. As if I need your help in the kitchen with y cook in the house.” He wriggled his eyebrows cockily and gestured for Pete to take a seat opposite of him at the table counter-top. He continued, “Have a seat and our brunch will be ready in 15 minutes.”

 

What are you cooking, P'? It smells delicious.” Pete leaned his chin on the counter, admiring this handsome man cooking with full concentration. He was easy in the eyes with his overall black outfits by wearing black wife-beater paired on with black shorts.

 

Currently, Push is preparing his infamous tomato juice.

 

He replies with a naughty wink, “My new recipe, specially cooked for you. Turkey Shepherd's Pie.”

 

As usual, Push always prepare and planned ahead Pete's healthy diet plan. He will take into account everything that will be beneficial for Pete's health. He ushered Pete to join him for their meal, “Hurry up and go brush your teeth. Brunch is almost ready now.” He also reminded, “You might as well take your bath too while you are there, as I have scheduled your doctor appointment later at 3pm later.”

 

Pete groaned when hearing the reminder while whining, “Oh man!Can't we rescheduled it next time, P' Push? For god's sake, I just got here last night, P'.”

 

Push ignored Pete's childish whine and put on his strict face asking for the younger man's understanding, “I'm not going to compromise with your health, Pete. Not anymore. You do know that, right Pete?”

Pete can only sighed and resigned to his fate. He stepped backwards while raising his hand to show his defeat while answering,“Alright, alright. I'm taking my bath now.”

 

Pete mumbled softly to himself, “Damn it! This guy always using my soft spot to get to me.”