Chapter 1

Almost Heaven

It has been five years since he last stepped on the ground that he was born at...Thailand.

 

Pete left five years ago to New York with a hope to nurture his broken heart in a new environment.

 

He tried to escape the harsh reality.

 

Or to be exact someone. Someone who was called Earn; who has tanned skin, soft-brown hair, doe eyes, sunny smiles plastered with two deep dimples on both cheeks, a body to die for with his six-pack abdomen.

 

For Pete, Earn is the epitome of a masculine man with a baby face.

 

That is wait till Earn his charms on full blast; slick hair and his smoldering looks, armed with his killer smiles, wearing a buttoned down shirts with a few button opened on top; just to show a glimpse of his y broad chest and collarbones. The way when he wants to dress to impress someone, someone that is not him.

 

Earn is someone that he can only longed for and can never have.

 

The man who still haunted his dreams on those lonely nights.

 

He jerked awaked from the nightmares,alone on his beds, hugging himself while crying sofly; yearning for comfort. Longing for a warm embrace from the said man.

 

Recalling his memories, they did not part on a good note.

 

To be exact, you cannot even call it a separation when they are not in a relationship in the first place.

 

The label both of them used to describe their relationship: friendship. They are each other; best friends. What they used to be. He does not know whether Earn still consider him as a friend.

 

Now the only reason why Pete is here at this moment, looking lost in the large Suvarnabhumi Airport, was the important email he received last week.

 

The email that gave him a glimpse of hope. Hoping to have a second chance.

 

His eyes wandered around searching for a signboard with his name written: PETE, to welcome him back to his motherland.