Chapter 21

Almost Heaven

Earn was stupefied at Pete's action.

 

The man is willing risk his life just to rescue him.

 

All the pent-up anger and frustration that Earn felt all these years dissipated in a blink.

 

Earn cradled the other man's head on his laps while crying in agony.

 

Now, he wanted nothing more than to see the man in his laps smiling once more for him.

 

He could not bear to lose the man again after all these years.

 

Seeing that Earn nearly lost his sanity, Phun slapped him across the face to try and wake him; “Get a grip, would you? We need to take Pete to the hospital soon.”

 

The hard slap managed to get Earn's attention.

 

They helped to place Pete on Earn's back and carried him to the main road.

 

They flagged down a taxi and sent Pete to the nearest hospital.

 

Along, the way Earn is sincerely praying for Pete's safety. “Stay with me, Pete! Stay strong! Don't worry, you will be alright, Pete.”

 

Do you hear me?”

 

They arrived in front of Accident and Emergency department of Bangkok Hospital Hua Hin. The medical staff there took over the situation.

 

They requested a quick briefing of the incident and whether Pete has any medical history.

 

Earn can only briefed them how the incident occurred.

 

He regretted that beside providing Pete's name and date of birth, he did not know anything else about the man he used to proclaim his boyfriend and lover.

 

Earn cried and sat at the waiting chair of the hospital while holding onto Pete's wallet and handphone.

 

Pete's phone rang and played the latest hit song.

 

Earn tried to ignore the sound but it was difficult when the other party seemed persistent to reach the owner.

 

Earn's curiosity got the best of him when the caller id flashed; 'My VIP' and he picked up the call.

 

 

Bangkok Hospital Hua Hin

 

Pete eyes is closed and he listened to the distant murmur of people talking. He took a deep breath, and slowly opened his eyes at the unfamiliar surroundings.

 

Pete woke up with headache and ringing in the ears. Feeling confused and disoriented.

 

The bright light irritated his eyes.

 

When he sniffed the strong smell of medicine and see the overall white medical equipments he knew at once that he was in the hospital.

 

When Pete attempted to sit, a sharp pain in his head made him cry out.

 

He was suddenly gripped with fear as the ward seemed so quiet with only the machine with wire stuck to his body making sound.

 

His cry of pain brought a few people with white coat to his side.

 

In the midst of chaos, he saw a few familiar faces.

 

His friends are waiting outside and they are anxious to know about his condition.