Good Friends

Waiting For Your Return

D-487~

 

Special feature: BFF~ ^^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"AHSAAA!" Kyuhyun screamed as he punched his fist in the air, "YOU ARE SO DONE, SHIM CHANGMIN!"

"Yah!!!" Changmin slapped Kyuhyun's arm to calm the man down, "You are not the winner, YET!! My troops are still fighting!"

"Hahahaha it is just matter of time, you whimp!" Kyuhyun snarled and stuck his tongue out just to annoy his friend.

"JUST YOU WAIT! I will RETURN WITH FULL FORCE!" Changmin challenged aloud.

 

"Yah the two of you!" One middle age man appeared and smacked both heads from behind, "Don't you both have work tomorrow?! Stop wasting your time here and go home! You are no longer the high schoolers anymore."

Both Kyuhyun and Changmin sulked as they rubbed the back of their heads, "Uncle Lee, we are not high schoolers anymore, stop hitting us like kids!"

"Then behave yourself!" Uncle Lee waved his hand, as if he was going to smack their heads again, "Making so much noise still like kids. Tsk!"

 

Though they complained, they stopped their games and went home after getting a lecture from Uncle Lee. Yawning as they walked but never stopped them from teasing each other. 

Kyuhyun and Changmin are friends since they were old enough to be sensible. They have known each other practically for the entire of their lives. They attended the same schools and college, but they parted their clingy friendship when they stepped out of the working society after college. Kyuhyun went on to be expertised in the IT field while Changmin became a specialist in medication as a researcher for medicine. But that doesn't stop them from getting together for a game occasionally when they got the itch for it. 

 

"So, who is in your dating list for tomorrow?" Kyuhyun teased as they made their way back home.

"Hmmm..." Changmin pondered with a finger tapping on his chin, "I am kinda sick of those girls actually."

"Aha! So you are into guys now?" Kyuhyun laughed. But Changmin just smirked, with his eyes gazing weirdly at Kyuhyun, "Maybe. You want to be my date?"

"Eeeewww you are grossing me out!" Kyuhyun shrank away from Changmin, but Changmin pursued with a kissy face, "Oh come on Kyukyu~ You have not date for some times! And I need a change of taste, so why not?"

"NO WAY!! YOU ARE SO DISGUSTING! GET OFF ME!" Kyuhyun struggled hard with Changmin clingy on him, using his might to get a kiss from Kyuhyun.

 

Then Changmin pulled away and laughed loudly, holding his tummy as he could feel a cramp due to the laughter, "Oh my Kyuhyun! You are just too fun to play with!"

"Yah!!" Kyuhyun straightened himself and glared at his best friend, "You better pray that your date for tomorrow cancel you off, because you will be DEAD today!"

"Hahahaha!" Changmin roared with laughter as he ran away from Kyuhyun.

 

But when they were calmed from the pranks, Changmin suggested wholeheartedly, seeing how his best friend not having a spice of love life for a change, "You should get yourself a date seriously. Get some romance, be in love."

"Talk about easy," Kyuhyun sighed, "I am not the kind that people will be interested in. It is not that easy."

"Says who?" Changmin pat on Kyuhyun's shoulder, "Maybe your fate is not here yet but coming soon. Who knows, that person is waiting for you at work tomorrow."

"HA HA..." And as usual, Kyuhyun just brushed him away about relationship, and not taking his words seriously.

 

But little did he expect, that he is actually going to face a big change in his life the next day...

--------------------

 

"Hello everyone," The general manager of Kyuhyun's department greeted in the next morning, and got the attention of the staffs who were settling in for the work, including Kyuhyun, "Today we have a new staff joining us. He is a staff from the US branch and transfered to our department from now on. Choi Siwon." 

A man smiled as he bowed with the introduction, "Hello, I am Choi Siwon. I will be working with you guys starting today, so hope we can have a good working relation together. Thank you."

The staffs applaused for the new addition, including Kyuhyun. And he noticed that the female staffs have started eyeing at the new guy, whispering among themselves. Turning back to Siwon who is talking to the general manager, Kyuhyun couldn't agree more that Siwon is indeed a perfect man in the eyes of the ladies. Perfect tall height, well-built body (though hidden under the clothing but Kyuhyun was sure about the toned figure), handsome face with flawless features and the nicely style of his hair. If anyone who missed the introduction and walked in, he or she might just mistaken Siwon as the CEO of the company.

Shaking his head at the ridiculous analysis about the new guy, Kyuhyun returned to face his desk. But before he could get ready for work, he noticed his usual mug was not filled with the hot chocolate that he will have every morning for the start of the day. 

 

Ah, must be the introduction of the new guy. Kyuhyun shrugged and stood up to get his hot chocolate.

Just as he was making his way to the pantry, Kyuhyun bumped into the new guy accidentally. His whole face right into Siwon's chest.

"Oh so sorry!" Kyuhyun apologized as he rubbed his nose for the bump. But oh, definitely well-built...

Siwon held Kyuhyun firmly on his arms, "I am fine. What about you?"

Kyuhyun raised his head and there, he caught himself gazing into Siwon's eyes. Both stood as they stared at each other for a while before Kyuhyun cleared his throat, disconnecting their eyes contact, "Yeah... I am...I am fine." Not knowing the reason, Kyuhyun stammered with his response, "I didn't...didn't see you as I turned... So..I am sorry..."

Siwon smiled, and Kyuhyun found his heart skipped a beat when he saw a pair of dimples formed at both sides of Siwon's face, "I am sorry myself that I didn't see you coming."

Perhaps he was under the influence of the new guy, that he returned a smile as well, "Apology accepted. And oh, welcome to our department."

"Oh thanks." Siwon's smile remained as Kyuhyun walked off to the pantry.

 

The bump however, marked a significance moment for Kyuhyun and Siwon, bringing them closer than expected. From a mere colleague at work, to proposal team, from tea break chit chat, to lunch partners. They grew to know about each other and it seems nothing wrong to become more than just colleagues. Kyuhyun was taken in by Siwon's positive personality, always a gentleman with gentle smile that never leaves his face. While Siwon befriends Kyuhyun for his cheeky attitude though with his occasionally forthright mouth, as he finds a truthful person is rather more appealing than someone who is fake with motives.

Kyuhyun was impressed with Siwon and his capability as an IT expert, because he doesn't look like one, but was awestruck by him when he was presenting his proposal at one presentation. And he thought for a second, or maybe longer, that the female staffs were right in ogling over Siwon, because he is just so handsome and y wearing that body fitting suit showing his perfectly toned figure when he did the presentation.. Not to mention his bright eyes and dimpled smile when he spoke with that charismatic voice.

Siwon, on the other hand, is always looking out for Kyuhyun, whenever there is a chance. Stopping by at his cubicle for a short chat, or sitting arm to arm next to him whenever there is a need for discussion regarding the work, or asking opinion for lunch break since he was not yet familiar with the area and ended up eating with him during lunch. All in all, Siwon has become part of Kyuhyu's working life within a short period of time, practically being more than colleagues at work. Kyuhyun has no complains, since he feels rather comfortable with Siwon's presence.

And somehow, it has become a habit for Kyuhyun to be with Siwon in almost everything they do during the office hours.

--------------------

 

"Kyuhyun-ssi~" A group of ladies suddenly appeared at his workdesk and smiled sweetly at him that he thought he is going to get diabetes just by their smiles.

"Erm yes?" Kyuhyun faked a smile, but he wanted more than them to apparate somewhere further away from him.

"You know..." One whom Kyuhyun remembered her name as Yuri replied while the others giggled, "You have been relatively close to Siwon-ssi lately..."

"Oh right..." Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. Here comes again...

"Do you think, if it is possible to arrange a lunch of him with us?" Yuri asked boldly while her sweet smile never leave her face.

"But you are not from this department, and those too." Kyuhyun pointed out bluntly.

"Well, I mean, there is no harm for us to get along with each other right? Since we sometimes do need help from different departments," Yuri explained shamelessly not taking any hint of rejection, "And I believe Siwon-ssi will not reject from having a lunch with a group of pretty girls too."

"You are not him, so how could you say that for him?" Kyuhyun arched his brows. 

"But you are not him too! You can't decide that for him as well!" One girl shouted and the rest agreed nodding their heads away.

 

"But he is right," Then came a familiar voice which the ladies gasped and stunned by the handsome face came walking towards them, "I am sorry but I have a lunch date with Kyuhyun."

"Oh but...but Siwon-ssi!" Yuri was fast enough to come in between Siwon and Kyuhyun, "We really like to know you...more as a colleague. So why don't we join you and Kyuhyun-ssi for lunch?"

Siwon flashed his megawatt smile and grabbed Kyuhyun from Yuri's behind, "I am sorry again but, I have something private to discuss with Kyuhyun."

And not waiting for the ladies to answer, Siwon walked away with Kyuhyun. 

 

"You sure have no interest in them huh?" Kyuhyun asked the moment they were out of attack from the ladies.

Siwon chuckled, "Am I that obvious?"

"Yeah," Kyuhyun shrugged, "I mean no normal guy would reject having a date with a bunch of ladies."

"Then you are not normal too," Siwon stated, "Since you are so blunt and frank at them."

"Probably that is why there is no one who is interested in me," Kyuhyun twitched his shoulders, "I am not the kind where people will be interested in."

"Well, you can't say so early," Siwon smiled, as though he knew something that Kyuhyun has no idea with, "Maybe...someone is waiting for the chance to declare love to you."

"HA HA!" Kyuhyun faked a laugh as usual whenever the topic is about relationship, "Like this person really exist. Anyway, what is the private matter that you need to discuss with me?"

 

Kyuhyun was walking ahead once they were out of the building, but he turned around confusingly when he heard nothing from Siwon. Siwon was silence for a second, or maybe longer, before he spoke again, "I was just thinking...If you could, would you like to have dinner with me?"

"Dinner?" This is the first time Siwon had asked to have dinner together. Though they have been closer as days passed, their interaction only happens during office hours and never make any plans after work.

"Erm...yeah.. I found a new restaurant with good review for their steamboat," Siwon rubbed his head sheepishly which Kyuhyun somehow noticed, "It is ok if you are not interested.. I am just trying my luck haha..."

 

"Ok." Kyuhyun nodded his head as Siwon was babbling in between, "Its been a while since I had steamboat anyway. So ok! Lets go for steamboat after work!"

Siwon's eyes lighted up as Kyuhyun agreed to his dinner offer, "Great, I will make the reservation once we are back..."

"For three." Kyuhyun showed three fingers.

Siwon got confused with the fingers shoving right at his face, "Come again?"

"Make a reservation for three," Kyuhyun explained, "I have forgotten that I asked a friend for dinner beforehand. Since he likes steamboat too, so lets eat together then."

"A...he?" Siwon questioned. Kyuhyun nodded again, "Yeah my best friend since forever."

 

"Oh.. Alright," Siwon smiled like always with his deep dimpled smile that Kyuhyun thought they could be plastered on, "I will make a reservation for three."

Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes, "Do you have to put up that smile? That is creepy."

Siwon chuckled hard and shook his head, "I am glad, to have the chance to know more about you, about your life outside work."

"There is nothing about me that you should know," Kyuhyun pouted like a kid, "Like I said, no one will be interested in me..."

Siwon placed his arm over Kyuhyun's shoulder that shocked Kyuhyun a little, "There is one, and he is standing right here with you now. By the way, you look and smell so good today.."

 

And Kyuhyun could no longer hear what Siwon had talked about, or remember how they reach the nearest place for lunch, because all he could absorb into his brain, was the scent of Siwon close to his nose, the firm chest bumping against his arm, and the arm wrapped around him like a protective shelter,

Plus the increase of his rapid pulse coming from his heart...

 

 

"Hi, I am Changmin. Nice to meet you." Changmin shook Siwon's hand once he arrived at the steamboat restaurant,

Siwon returned with a smile and introduced himself, "Hi, I am Siwon, just got transfered to Kyuhyun's company a month ago."

"And you got stuck with this guy?" Changmin nudged Kyuhyun with a hint of joke, "He is unbearable, isn't it?"

"Wow thanks for being such a good friend of mine." Kyuhyun said sarcastically.

"You are welcome." Changmin grinned as he took his seat.

 

"So," Siwon asked once they had taken their orders, "Both of you have been friends since forever? That is what I heard from Kyuhyun."

"Yeah, we knew we were friends once we were sensible enough," Changmin answered, "Seems like we knew each other since we were born."

"That is nice," Siwon smiled, "to have a longtime good friend in life."

Both Changmin and Kyuhyun looked at each other and gave each other a disgusted look, "Well, I have no choice but to be friends with him." Changmin gave a defeated look shrugging his shoulders.

"I should be the one who said that!" Kyuhyun gave a slap on Changmin's arm, "Think about the number of times that I helped you get away from your girlfriends!"

 

In a short while, Changmin started to bicker with Kyuhyun, digging all his embarrassing past to make fun and vice versa. Though they denied, but Siwon could tell that Kyuhyun and Changmin are indeed best friends in unison. Even the type of food that they like, the way they consume the food, both knew them all by hearts. It is not surprise to know that, who is the correct person to look for if anyone wants to know more in depth about them.

As Kyuhyun took his leave for a toilet break, Siwon took the chance to have a conversation with Changmin, "You and Kyuhyun, are really best friends."

"Haha, yeah.." In contrast with the disgusted look that he gave, Changmin revealed his true feelings as Kyuhyun's best friend, "He seems to be unbearable, with his snarky mouth and frank attitude, but he is my best friend, always there for me."

"And that is really nice," And Siwon took a deep breath before he continued, "Actually, I..."

Changmin smirked, as though he knew what Siwon was trying to say, "I know what is your intention."

Shocked, Siwon blinked his eyes rapidly like he was caught in some sticky situation, "You...you knew...?"

Changmin laughed, "Come on. I am not that stupid, you know." And he winked knowingly, telling Siwon that he actually knew.

 

When Kyuhyun returned from the toilet, he thought he heard laughter coming from Siwon and Changmin. But the laughter stopped the moment he appeared in front of them, as though they stopped the conversation purposefully because of him. Glaring at his best friend and colleague wearily, Kyuhyun sat down uncomfortably between them. And the atmosphere somehow changed in a weird manner, that Kyuhyun noticed Changmin was actually paying attention to Siwon. Siwon, in return, was showing more interest in Changmin and his storytelling about his life, his life as Kyuhyun's best friend to be exact. And Kyuhyun was stuck in between them like an invisible being, as though the bullets were passing through him harmlessly.

There must be something going on which I am not aware of... Kyuhyun eyed at both of them suspiciously, thinking how on earth bring them closer in just a toilet break.

And what surprise him most, is that at the end of the dinner, Siwon and Changmin had exchanged their numbers with each other!

"I am going to have another good friend." Changmin beamed like he had won the number 1 spot in a gaming championship.

"I don't mind to have a good friend like you too." Siwon smiled as well, showing off his charming dimples.

Kyuhyun gazed, hoping that he is able to read through their sudden closure, but failed as he couldn't picture the possibility.

 

This is really strange...

-------------------

 

After the dinner date, more of such dates happen frequently. Siwon would ask Changmin along whenever a dinner date is arranged, or a drink at the nearby pub after office hours, or an impromptu hang out over the weekend. Or some of the times, Changmin just appeared even without being asked by either Kyuhyun or Siwon. Strangely as it is, Kyuhyun finds them being even more synchronized, like they are more of best friends than he and Changmin. Not that he is complaining, since there is nothing wrong of them hanging out together. But, shouldn't he be the one who is closest to either one of them?

And what bothers him, is that he feels unbalanced more when he sees Changmin clinged to Siwon whenever they were in an intense conversation instead of the other way round. Like he had a cringe in his heart whenever Changmin placed his arm around Siwon so leisurely while he couldn't bring himself to do so with Siwon without feeling bashful. Like he wanted to know what were they talking about each time they stopped talking whenever he returned from a toilet break. Like, he would want to kick Changmin away from Siwon and have the handsome man all to himself... 

 

"You must be mad..." Kyuhyun knocked his head, trying to erase that thought away, "Maybe you are just getting neglected by them... Yes...that must be the way!"

"Which way?" Siwon appeared suddenly that Kyuhyun jumped a little with his voice.

"Oh nothing..." Kyuhyun mumbled, and unknowingly locked himself under Siwon's gaze, "Ermmm... Yes?"

Siwon smiled and placed a small bag on Kyuhyun's desk, "Something for you."

 

Talking about strange, there is another unusual occurrence that is happening lately, and that is Siwon's sharp observance towards him. He often found Siwon bringing things to him, and things that are oddly yet accurate stuffs that he required at times. For instance, he found a bag of cough medicine on his desk given by Siwon one morning, but he has not told Siwon or anyone about his possible cough, which he suspected of developing.

And another incident whereby he overslept through an unsaved project that he was supposed to finish due to the overnight gaming with Changmin at one weekend (stupid, he knows, but how can he reject a gaming offer with his best friend? Especially they had not been gaming since he introduced Siwon to Changmin...), and panicked when he woke up finding himself in big trouble. Yet when he arrived at the office in hurry, he found out that Siwon had completed the project for him, and had the thumbdrive ready on his table for his presentation.

Of course, these are not the only two things that happened...

 

And though strange, but these things however, made him feel like he was being cared about... Deeply cared and warmed his heart for a reason.

 

"What is it?" Kyuhyun picked the small bag and gave it a shake, "Something to eat?"

"You are smart," Siwon nodded, "Bingo."

Siwon leaned himself against the edge of the desk facing Kyuhyun, watching the curious man opened the bag carefully. 

And right at his prediction, a smile lit up on Kyuhyun as he took out the box of delicated cheesecake. A limited edition wine flavoured cheesecake from an exquisite cheesecake brand that Kyuhyun had eyed it for a while.

"How did you get this?!" Kyuhyun asked excitedly, "This...this is rather hard to get! It is always sold out fast like lightning! And..and the price is not cheap too! How did you...?!"

Siwon chuckled at the sight of the ever-excited puppy lookalike, "Glad that you like it."

"But..." Then Kyuhyun quietened down and gazed suspiciously at Siwon, "Wait... How did you even know I am eyeing at this? I didn't tell anyone about it.."

"Well, I have my source.." Siwon replied, shrugging his shoulders as though it is not a big deal to him.

Kyuhyun could feel the heat building on his face, and before he knew it, he was blushing in front of Siwon.

"That is a rather nice expression to see." Siwon remarked at the blush, and Kyuhyun slammed his hands on his face to cover his blush.

 

But then, a thought came to his mind. Though he was not sure, but somehow a name came out of his mind, so he tried his luck, "Is it...Changmin?" He remembered he bookmarked a featured page of a magazine about the cheesecake, and left it on the coffee table in his apartment. And Changmin happened to visit him a few days back, so could it be...?

But are the two of them had gotten so close, that Changmin would share such information with Siwon? And what is the purpose of Changmin telling Siwon about this?

 

Siwon just smiled and said nothing, which somehow confirmed Kyuhyun's theory. So...are all the coincidences happened because of Changmin? Changmin had told Siwon all about him? But...why?

"Are you trying to please someone?" Kyuhyun asked, though he was still confused with whatever is running in his head at the moment.

Siwon made a face cheekily, "Maybe. Maybe I am trying to get into a good book in someone's eyes."

 

So...Siwon is trying to please Kyuhyun...so that he could tell Changmin about how nice a man Siwon can be?

 

Are they...interested with each other?

 

"Anyway, enjoy the cheesecake." Siwon smiled, flashing his usual dimpled smile as he straightened himself getting ready to make a move, "Do eat it as soon. It tastes heavenly when it is within an hour from oven."

As Siwon walked away, Kyuhyun watched the moving back...with an indescribable yet aching emotion. He couldn't believe that his best friend is actually getting closer with Siwon within a short period of time, let alone assuming that they are interested in each other. And...and...he feels more hurt to know Siwon is hitting on his best friend...and not him...

He looked at the cheesecake in his hands and caressed the box with the tips of his fingers, and remained still till he lost track of time...

 

Seems like...he has fallen in love with Siwon unknowingly as the time passed.

--------------------

 

Kyuhyun stretched himself at the desk and realised it was way passed the knock off time. He sighed, knowing that it was his decision to do overtime since the deadline of a project is pressing around the corner. He even rejected a drinking session offered by Siwon, when Siwon asked him earlier. 

Maybe that is the part of the reason, but Kyuhyun found that it is a little difficult to have alone time with Siwon after he realised his feelings for the handsome man. And...and the possibility of Siwon and his best friend to be in a relationship romantically. He just...don't know how to face the truth, if that is the truth.

So, he coped himself in the office till he was the only one left alone. And he focused with his might, pouring all the concentration into the project, and unknowingly, he finished the project. A little surprised but impressed with his ability, Kyuhyun let out a defeated laugh, as if that all he need is being a little upset with something, and his power will be unleashed.

Heaving another sigh, Kyuhyun concluded his work and prepared to make a move out of the office. A little later, he was out of the building, and wore his jacket for comfort in the cold night. He walked, passing building after building, making his way to the nearest bus stop back home. In the cold night, he clutched his jacket and walked in quick pace, hoping to get home as soon as possible.

But when he reached a traffic junction, he could feel his feet freeze on the spot, as he noticed two familiar face across the road in a bar. Laughing and chatting away, pouring the glasses with beer, and arms were around and all each other, looking all so happy in their conversations. Even without them kissing each other, they looked just like a happy couple in love.

 

Siwon and Changmin...were having a good time as drinking companions. 

 

So, Siwon had asked Changmin along, after he rejected the offer. And he hasn't got any call from either of them when they got together to drink together.

Is this how it will be after seeing his best friend being together with the man he likes? Is this...how he will feel, this sort of disappointment?

Is he supposed to be happy for his best friend who has found happiness after many past relationship?

 

Is he...?

 

So unsure of how he should react, instead of going into the bar to join them, Kyuhyun walked away, further from them in hopes that he will not face them so soon. Let him have the time to sort out this confusion in him, before he could wish them well.

That is all he asked...

 

 

As per usual for the next few days, he continued to be Siwon's best colleague, as though he has not seen the sight of Siwon and Changmin on that night. They went out for lunches, sometimes dinner, and working together as close partners. Siwon continued to surprise him with his sharp observance, but Kyuhyun knew it was Changmin who told Siwon about him. He pretended he knew nothing, and smiled whenever Siwon showered him with much care. If that is what Siwon wants from him, to put in good words for him in front of Changmin, then...he will try when he gets over with liking Siwon.

But it could be hard and it takes time, for he couldn't stop wondering, if Siwon can be this nice to the best friend of the person he likes, how nice would it be for Siwon treating Changmin. Double? 10 times? Or...even more? And it hurts him whenever his mind wandered to those unnecessary questions.

 

"Hey, Kyuhyun," Siwon called out for him as he stepped into the office's pantry, "Want to go for a drink today after work?"

"Erm..." Kyuhyun hesitated, "I don't think I would want a drink... Tomorrow I got a wedding to go in the morning, so..." It was a lie of course, because he did not want to be reminded of the night where he saw Siwon and Changmin drinking together.

"Then how about dinner?" Siwon asked again, "We have not been going to that steamboat restaurant for a long time."

 

The steamboat restaurant where it all started...

 

"Ok..." Kyuhyun mumbled, and thought maybe it will be better to end the stupid feeling there as well, "Just the two..."

"Then I will make a reservation for three." Siwon took out the phone and said.

"Three?" Didn't he said two?

Siwon nodded with a bright smile, "Ask Changmin along. Steamboat is best to eat with more people, isn't it?"

Seeing the smile on Siwon, Kyuhyun couldn't reject him and asked Changmin along for the dinner.

 

"Great!" Siwon cheered, "By the way, you look adorable today, Kyuhyun."

Does he has to be so happy in meeting Changmin?

"You must be happy to be able to see Changmin, huh?" Kyuhyun asked absentmindedly.

"Who? Me?" Siwon pointed to himself.

Kyuhyun shook his head slightly, "Never mind..."

 

As he was walking out, Siwon wrapped his arm over Kyuhyun and secured at his arm, "You really look good today. So, here is a little something for you." 

Kyuhyun could feel his heartbeats are going a little faster than usual, but he calmingly tilted his head at Siwon and saw a cruciani bracelet in his hand. It is the special edition Superman cruciani bracelet that Kyuhyun mentioned it before a few weeks back.

"I remembered you wanted one previously, so I got a friend to help me get one," Siwon took the bracelet and tied it around Kyuhyun's wrist, "Now that I saw it with my own eyes, it suits you pretty well." 

Kyuhyun stared at the bracelet without saying anything so Siwon continued, breathing against his skin, "The blue fits well on your skin complexion. Beautiful..."

 

Is he saying about the bracelet or...him?

 

Kyuhyun looked up confusingly wondering why would Siwon go so far to please him, if Changmin is the one whom he is interested in. And he couldn't figure it out even more when Siwon was looking at him with those pair of gentle stares. Has he been implicting wrongly all these while?

"Well," Siwon beamed once more as he stepped away from Kyuhyun's private space, "I will see you later."

 

In his blank mind, Kyuhyun resumed his work at his work desk. And when Siwon came over telling him it is time to go, he followed blindly and before he realised, he was in the same steamboat restaurant where he introduced Siwon to Changmin. But when Changmin arrived, he snapped from the daze as he heard the two of them laughing with all their hearts out, just like the same view of them in the bar. And the more Siwon being engaged in conversation with Changmin, the more Kyuhyun felt dejected. Why did he even agreed on this dinner?

He looked down to his lap, and noticed the bracelet that he got it from Siwon. He brought his hand to caress the texture of the bracelet, and sighed inwardly, as his two friends get more heated in the stories that they shared.

 

"Hey Kyu," Changmin noticed the quiet Kyuhyun which is so rare in sight, and scooted closer to his best friend, "Are you alright? You seem rather quiet today."

"Not in the right side of the bed." Kyuhyun replied uninterestedly.

"Wow, that is so unlike you." Changmin exclaimed, "Sure you are not having any PMS?"

Kyuhyun shot a glare at Changmin, but not willing to say anything yet.

"Work is fine, right?" Siwon joined in, looking concerned at Kyuhyun, "You can let me know if you are facing any troubles."

"I am fine..." Kyuhyun answered but Changmin chuckled interrupting him, "Yeah he is sure fine. He is best known as the robot of the century in high school, for he can work days and nights just to get his all his assignments done. Remember we had to sacrifice our sleeps to finish all the assignments, to be in time for a world gaming championship?"

"World gaming championship?" Siwon got interested with the championship over Kyuhyun's condition, "You guys participated?"

"Nahhh not as participants, but viewers haha..." Changmin shook his head regretedly, "We wanted to watch the overnight championship, so forced ourselves to finish all the assignments to have no burden, but ended up getting even more ridiculous as we both slept in class."

"That must be a sight to see, having two logheads sleeping away in the class." Siwon chuckled imagining the view.

Changmin nodded with a chuckle, "Yeah and we got punished damn hard. Kyuhyun even..."

 

Just then, Kyuhyun stood up abruptly that stopped Changmin from talking. 

"Kyuhyun...?" Siwon asked, standing up as well.

"I...I am sorry, but I am not feeling well," Kyuhyun took his bag and jacket without looking at them, "I shall make a move first. Bye."

"No, wait," Siwon caught Kyuhyun by his arm, "Let me send you home."

But Kyuhyun waved his hand away, and shook his head hoping that the tears will not fall in front of them, "I am fine! Both of you...can continue... I will not stay here to...to be a lightbulb then." And he dashed out of the room before Siwon could catch him again.

 

Kyuhyun ran out, trying to get as far as possible, not wanting to face them any minute in the same room, with them talking away like they were the ones with memories. It was suffocating enough, just sitting there hearing them talking away as though he was invisible. He could imagine how it would be, of them meeting without him.

It must be fun... But it hurts for him...seeing how the one he likes being involved with his best friend.

 

He finally teared as he ran, and though he wiped them away, the tears just keep flowing. Until he reached a corner to turn, he felt a hand grabbing him from behind hard to turn him around with much force.

"Kyuhyun!" It was Siwon, "Why are you crying?"

Kyuhyun gasped to see Siwon caught up with him this fast, and rubbed his eyes to stop himself from crying, "Why are you here?!"

"I am the one asking now," Siwon refused to answer first, and tightened his hold on Kyuhyun, "Why are you crying?" He asked again.

Kyuhyun shook his head and tried to wiggle himself out of Siwon, "It is not your business! Go back there! Go back there to Changmin!"

"But you are crying!" Siwon frowned as he bawled, "Why should I care about Changmin?!"

 

"Why?" Kyuhyun snapped, and pushed Siwon away, keeping a gap between them, "HE IS THE ONE YOU LIKE, ISN'T IT? SO WHY CARE ABOUT HIS BEST FRIEND?"

 

First Siwon frowned, then he made a big 'O' face, and stunned for a few seconds before he laughed out.

"Whats so funny?" Kyuhyun screwed his brows, watching Siwon laughed at his exclaim.

"You think...you think I like Changmin?" Siwon asked after he calmed down from laughing.

"Isn't it?" Kyuhyun questioned back, "You got interested in him when I introduced you to him, and even exchanged the numbers, and gotten closer than I expected... And...he told you all about me, so that you can please me to put in good words for you. And both of you even went to drink together, laughing and talking like a couple! So how is that not liking each other...?!"

 

Before he could finish, Siwon grabbed his face and smashed their lips together. He widened his eyes with huge shock to his life, and watched Siwon kissed him deeply with his eyes shut tightly. His eyes remained widely open as Siwon pulled away with his fingers his puffing cheeks.

"Are you really that oblivious to not see my feelings for you?" Siwon spoke finally, hands are still holding onto the cheeks, "I am not in love with Changmin, but with you, blockhead."

 

One blink to show that he is surprised, then the blink continued rapidly as he digested the latest information. Siwon chuckled at still shocking Kyuhyun and took the chance to give another kiss on lips, "He is just trying to help me woo you."

"What?!" Kyuhyun found his voice at last, "You are not...?"

Siwon shook his head, "He noticed it right away on the first day we met, and has been helping me to get to you."

 

"Come on. I am not that stupid, you know." 

Siwon was shocked to learn that this best friend of Kyuhyun is not just a name for nothing, "How did you know?"

Changmin grinned at his talent, "Well, for a start, you can't leave your eyes off him at all. And the way your eyes sparkle whenever talking to him. I could tell, that you have something for him."

Siwon smiled sheepishly, and nodded his head to confirm further, "Yes, I...like Kyuhyun."

"And I can tell, that stupid friend of mine, is clueless with it." Changmin shook his head in disbelief, "He always say he is not the kind where people will get interested in, and he doesn't get into relationship easily. Poor him..."

"He should look himself in the mirror, to see how beautiful he is..." Siwon pondered as he lost in his own thought, "And though he didn't show it out or perhaps he is covering himself with his snarky personality, he is actually a true person, truthfully without any motives."

"Yeah, that is him." Changmin agreed.

"And I want to know more about him, that it hurts me when I couldn't get any closer to him." Siwon declared his dilemma, "I am afraid that...he might not like me as much as I am to him."

Changmin pat Siwon's shoulder as he suggested, "Then don't stop showing how much you can care. I will help you in this."

"You will help me?" Siwon brightened his eyes like he has seen the light through the dark tunnel.

Changmin gleefully nodded his head, "It is time for my best friend to get some love. Anyway, he enjoys the period of being wooed. So lets not tell him so soon."

 

"He said that?!" Kyuhyun asked after Siwon finished, "Changmin said that?! That I enjoy being wooed?!"

"He did..." Siwon recalled, "And that is how we got closer and he told me all about you."

"Idiot Changmin..." Kyuhyun cursed, knowing how he is being played by his friend, making him like a teenage girl waiting for love.

"I am grateful to him though," Siwon took a strand of Kyuhyun's hair and tucked it behind his ear, making Kyuhyun blushed like a teenage girl in love, "that I could woo you as far as I can go. But...I didn't know you can be this oblivious not seeing how obvious I am."

"But..!" Kyuhyun tried to protest but Siwon faked a depressed sigh, "You could see me being obvious in rejecting the girls but not when I am trying so hard to declare my feelings for you."

"You can't blame me!" Kyuhyun defended, "How would I know, when you are getting cloesr to Changmin, even went as far as drinking with him, laughing and talking like a couple..."

"He was telling me about you." Siwon explained, "You and your love stories. But well, none of it had a happy ending, otherwise you won't be here."

"Yah!! Are you joining him in teasing me?" Kyuhyun pouted and punched Siwon's chest, in a playful manner like a pair of teenagers in love.

Siwon chuckled and took Kyuhyun's wrists, pulling him closer that their tips of their noses were touching. Kyuhyun widened his eyes again seeing how close Siwon was at him, and his heartbeats went so fast and loud that he swore Siwon could hear them as well. Then, he felt a hand came around him, surrounding his waist and had their bodies pressed against each other, leaving no gap in between.

 

"I like you..." Siwon confessed, "In fact, I am falling more in love with you each day."

Another blush came upon, and Siwon smiled even sweeter as he nuzzled their noses together, "Haven't I told you before that there is one who is interested in you and that person is me? How could you think that I am interested in Changmin instead?"

"How would I know you are refering to...this?" Kyuhyun mumbled out of embarrassment. So Siwon is in love with him since then...

"Then with all the care and concern, and those gifts, didn't you get the hint?" Siwon faked a sad expression, looking down at the bracelet resting on Kyuhyun's wrist, "And I have been flirting with you all these while... You are really a blockhead, Kyuhyun.."

"Flirting? You call that flirting?" Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, all the embarrassment gone in an instant, "Telling me that I am adorable or looking good? Is that how you flirt?"

"Then should I do?" Siwon asked back, "I thought that was obvious enough, because you are the only one I have been saying of being adorable and beautiful."

"You should have kissed me, or touched me...!"

 

And Siwon took his lips, pressing them with his own, while his palms and fingers roamed the back. Kyuhyun gasped into Siwon's mouth with the kiss, and clenched around Siwon's nape for support as the kiss gets serious. Soon, Kyuhyun melted with Siwon's continuous kisses on him and the hands that never stop caressing his back. Though he could feel his legs got weak with the kiss and touch, he remained sane as he couldn't believe that he is doing these with the one he likes. So he pulled Siwon closer to deepen their kiss, and when Siwon asked to access into his mouth, he permitted the heat in his mouth, and tangled his fingers within Siwon's hair, messing the hair as he felt the tongue moved inside.

Once they were breathless for air, both pulled away reluctantly, smiling bashfully at each other seeing how swollen their lips were. Siwon raised one hand and touched the pulsing lips in front of him, before giving it a soft kiss. Kyuhyun closed his eyes to accept the kiss and opened them after Siwon parted his lips again. And they shared a loving stare, conveying their feelings in silence.

 

"So, how is this flirt?" Siwon asked after a while of silence, "Approve?"

"Tsk,, Do you even need to ask?" Kyuhyun pouted, fingers still playing with Siwon's hair.

"Then I assume I score full marks in this." Siwon chuckled.

Kyuhyun said nothing, but a shy smile revealed how much he is liking this flirting.

"So, I have told you I am in love with you," Time to hear another confession, so Siwon pressed on, "What about you?"

A deep blush came again, and Kyuhyun lowered his head shyly, "Isn't it obvious enough?"

Siwon shook his head, "From this experience, I can concluded that being obvious is not enough, since someone can't see it well..."

Kyuhyun raised his head to give a glare but was quick to lower down as he caught Siwon watching him, "I...you."

"Come again?" Siwon teased.

 

"I love you!" Kyuhyun yelped with his head still looking down. Siwon chuckled with the cuteness and lifted Kyuhyun's face, "And so do I, my Kyu baby. Will you be my boyfriend?"

Kyuhyun gave a shy nod, agreeing to Siwon's request. With one more kiss on the lips that he has grown addicted to, they ended the confession at each other. Siwon took Kyuhyun's hand and interlocked with his own, walking down the path as boyfriends. Just as they were enjoying the new status of this new relationship, a message came to Kyuhyun's phone. Kyuhyun fished out to check the sender and irked as he saw his best friend's number on the text.

 

"Thanks my best friend, for asking me out and leaving me behind. Don't mind me, just leave me alone and let me rot with a table full of food. !"

 

Kyuhyun chuckled and not feeling sorry for leaving his best friend behind, he texted back with a reply, "You are welcome. Now if you excuse me, I am going on a date with my boyfriend now. And thanks for the help, , I found love."

 

Keeping the phone back into his pocket, he faced Siwon, tightening their hands together to show how much he will cherish this love, with the help of his best friend, "Shall we go on a date now, boyfriend?"

"What about the wedding that you need to attend tomorrow?" Siwon looked at Kyuhyun curiously.

"Oh, that was a lie.." Kyuhyun stuck out his tongue cutely that Siwon couldn't resist not to cuddle, "So are you going to bring me on a date now?"

Siwon grinned and gave a kiss on the back of Kyuhyun's hand before he tugged Kyuhyun closer to him, "Of course, baby. I will bring you to anywhere you want to go."

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, "Yah, just because I didn't correct you earlier, that doesn't mean I gave the consent of you calling me baby! That is just so disgusting!"

Siwon laughed with amusement at Kyuhyun's truthful words, but that never stop him from giving nickname to his boyfriend, "Ok, baby."

"Yah! Stop it!"

 

And with the help of the friend that brought them closer than ever, they are bringing their relation to a greater level. And of course, their love will grow deeper and stronger, with the friend as the witness to their brewing love.