Lovely Day

Waiting For Your Return

Counting down: D-610 ^^

 

(Because today 20151217 is Siwon's completion ceremony, and he got a medal for his achievement AND HE TWEETED~)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Good morning!” Siwon greeted each and every passenger that boarded his bus in the morning, with his warm smile and sincerity towards his passengers.

That is his slogan for life – To have a lovely day all the times.

So he believes that being sincere to the people he met every day is a courtesy, and he enjoys seeing people reply with an equal heartwarming smile.

 

Except for one.

 

Siwon is a bus captain of a certain bus on a fixed route. He would drive the bus every day without fail, fetching the passengers of the bus to their destinations.

He drove for hours, fetching so many passengers along the way, yet, there is just one passenger that he can never leave his eyes away.

 

Just one.

 

A male with a beautiful yet sorrow (or was it grumpy?) face, whom Siwon would fetch in the morning and evening, without fail.

The man, which Siwon secretly named him as Beautiful, would board the bus in the morning with a lifeless (or maybe it is really grumpy to many eyes) yet endearing expression, and sits on the very back of the bus, with his head facing out of the windows so uninterestedly in life. Siwon as usual would greet with a smile and a bright “Morning” but never in return Beautiful reply to him.

Not once.

But Siwon is always a teeny weeny excited to see Beautiful every morning, because to him, Beautiful is like a morning coffee to perk his energy. Especially the brief and short eye contact when Beautiful boards the bus in the morning. Those pair of attractive eyes that has so many untold stories which Siwon is curious about. And he would take a peek of Beautiful from the rear mirror whenever there is a traffic junction secretly, and drown himself in the beauty of the porcelain man sitting at the back of the bus.

 

To him, a lovely day is started by seeing Beautiful in the morning.

 

Then in the evening, Beautiful would board Siwon’s bus again from the office building that he alights in the morning, which Siwon assumed his workplace, and back to the same area in the morning. By evening, Beautiful would get magically even more beautiful, with the protruding high cheekbones and blushing lips, like he got some energy from the workplace, probably with food or some other things that would give him the energy.

Because there was once Beautiful was smiling to himself with a cake box as he boarded the bus, and the smile remained on him till he reached his destination. And Siwon thought that smile was so pretty on Beautiful, and he almost lost track of the route due to him staring at Beautiful from the rear mirror.

But most of the times, Beautiful still has the same grumpy face from the morning.

 

This goes on for weeks, months and almost a year, nothing exciting enough to have a change between the bus captain and the beautiful passenger.

Until one evening, where Siwon failed to receive Beautiful from his office building.

 

Siwon waited purposefully for a while, thinking that Beautiful will turn up any minute. But Beautiful did not turn up, and the other passengers started to feel uneasy for the unmoving bus. Having no choice, Siwon drove the bus away without Beautiful for the first time.

When he reached the last stop of the route, he was supposed to knock off like the usual. But a bus captain had something urgent to deal with his family, so Siwon volunteered to drive another route for his colleague. Without hesitation, Siwon took off for another route.

 

Because it is a night ride, unlike the morning and evening peak hours, lesser people were out on the streets for a bus ride. So no sooner, Siwon reached the office building where he failed to get Beautiful in the evening. And since there is no passenger in the bus other than himself, he decided to wait at the stop for a little longer, hoping that Beautiful has not leave the place.

And to his luck, Beautiful did appear. He was running out of the office building, in a rush it seems, with someone chasing after him.

 

Was he crying?? Siwon thought, as he saw Beautiful was wiping something off from his face.

 

“Kyuhyun!!!” The man after Beautiful was shouting a name.

So that is his name…Kyuhyun…

But Kyuhyun ignored the shout, and ran even faster towards the bus.

 

And indeed, he was crying.

 

Kyuhyun caught his breath once he reached the bus, and there he revealed a crying face with a pair of puffy eyes. But still beautiful… Siwon thought to himself. And so much wanted to wipe the remaining tears off from Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun saw Siwon was staring at him as he boarded the bus, and instantly he blushed with embarrassment. He quickly moved towards his usual seat at the back of the bus, and wiped the tears that never stop coming out from his eyes.

 

“Kyuhyun!!” The man shouted again as he approached the bus. But knowing better, Siwon closed the door of the bus before the man could board and drove off without further ado.

Kyuhyun gasped with the sudden move, and even turned his head to the back windows to watch the man who was chasing after him ran for the bus.

 

“Serve you right.” Kyuhyun mumbled and returned to face the front.

There he caught Siwon staring at him through the rear mirror and blushed with the thought of him being so embarrassed in front of a stranger. And so he tilted his head to the side windows and watched the outside as the bus moved.

 

In silence, Siwon drove the bus while Kyuhyun kept his gaze out of the windows. The bus did not stop for any other passenger as it was considered late at night. The bus continued with the route, and even the bus reached Kyuhyun’s place, Siwon did not stop as Kyuhyun did not ring for the bus to stop. Instead, he stared blankly out of the windows with occasionally tears coming out from the corner of his eyes.

Siwon could feel the heartache for Kyuhyun, and wanting so much to stop the bus and rush for Kyuhyun to give a comforting hug. But he can’t be so unprofessional right? So he continued driving the bus, till they reached the end of the route.

 

Only when they reached the end, Kyuhyun realised that he had missed his stop. He panicked and jumped up from the seat, looking around to figure out his whereabout. Knowing that Kyuhyun must be scared with the unfamiliar area, Siwon stepped out from his driver’s seat and walked towards Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun noticed Siwon and he stopped with his panic mode and threw his head to the floor.

“I am sorry… I didn’t realised I have missed the stop…” Kyuhyun apologized in his tiny voice, which Siwon thought as a music to his ears.

And this is the first time they exchanged words…

“It is ok. I should be the one apologizing since I somehow knew the stop that you are supposed to get down but you didn’t so I thought…” Siwon sheepishly rubbed the back of his head as he confessed his secret motive of wanting to spend a little more time with Kyuhyun.

And of course, that caught Kyuhyun offguarded with the sudden confession and widened his eyes with much surprise written on his face, “You knew…?”

“Erm yeah, I drive this bus every day… And you always got up the bus at the same timing, at your house area and office building.” Siwon continued to let out more of his attention for Kyuhyun. Oh great, he is now thinking you must be a sick ert, Choi Siwon!

 

Seeing how Kyuhyun widened his eyes further with his blunts, Siwon shook his head and hands eagerly, “I am not a stalker or whatever! I am just…just…captivated by you which I thought is…beautiful...” Damn it Siwon, you just babbled out how you never stop looking at him every day… Great move, Siwon, great move…

“Oh.” Kyuhyun murmured with a slight blush on his face. And Siwon got swooned again by the blush.

Beautiful is blushing for him. And that seems so right on Beautiful.

 

“Look,” Siwon continued without wanting to sound even more like a ert to Kyuhyun and took a step backwards, “I am not trying to do anything, erm wrong or whatever, to you. But I hope the bus ride could help with your…down mood earlier. It seems like you had a hard day…”

Kyuhyun’s face fell as he recalled the earlier encounter which made him cried before and during the ride. And never in his mind that someone whom he is not familiar with is comforting him.

“I don’t know if I am doing the right thing by not allowing the man who was chasing after you to board the bus, but he is like the reason that you cried so…” Siwon tried to explain, but he paused as Kyuhyun raised his head with his orbs looking at Siwon directly.

With those pair of endearing watery eyes…

 

Beautiful...

 

How can a man be this attractive? Taking a closer look of the man whom he had observed for months, Siwon noticed that Kyuhyun has a pair of rather natural rosy lips, and there is a cute mole right under his right eye, which stands out so alluringly on his pale skin. Not to mention the thin slight of pinkish blush that never leaves his protruding cheeks, and the fluffy hair with soft curls that is somehow an invisible invite for anyone to caress their hands within…

The urge to pull this irresistible man right into his embrace is so ridiculously strong.

 

“You did nothing wrong,” Kyuhyun gave a slight smile, and Siwon felt a leap of his heart, “He…is a jerk. I…broke up with him because he two-timed me. So…yeah…serve him right…”

Oh, there is a small dimple at the edge under the right side of his lips…

 

Siwon was instantly stunned on the spot, and he could feel his heartbeats get faster and faster each time he breathes in the same air as Kyuhyun.

And he knew, this is a sign of him falling in love.

With Kyuhyun.

 

Then Siwon took a great step forward and embraced Kyuhyun into his arms. Kyuhyun gasped with the sudden hug and blinked his eyes as he felt the warmth of another body over his own.

And the hug was so comforting as the bus captain is a head taller than himself, that he placed his head perfectly against the broad chest, holding him dearly, and let out another round of cry, staining his tears onto Siwon’s shirt.

 

There, they stood still on the ground, of Siwon hugging Kyuhyun with whispers of comforting words, like “It is ok to cry out loud, because I am here to hold you,” or “You deserve someone better, beautiful…” that Kyuhyun couldn’t stop bawling with his heartbreak.

It was after a good half an hour of cry, that Kyuhyun finally stopped and Siwon released the hug. He brought his hand up to Kyuhyun’s face and wiped the trail of the tears away, with a gentle smile that Kyuhyun felt so at ease.

Or maybe it was that pair of deep dimples, or the loving stares right at him, or the tender touch on his face, that Kyuhyun could feel his heart blooming with warmth.

And when Siwon placed his palm over Kyuhyun’s face to the soft cheek, Kyuhyun finally registered and closed his eyes, leaning against the newfound warmth on his face and snuggled for a little bit more of comfort.

 

“Feeling better?” Siwon asked gently with his hands still on Kyuhyun’s face. Kyuhyun nodded as a reply, “Thank you…”

Then Kyuhyun opened his eyes and removed himself from Siwon’s touch, feeling even more embarrassed for their first intimate encounter. He felt so silly to be crying over a failed relationship in front of someone who he barely knew the name. And even sillier that he started to yearn for more of the touch which brings him so much warmth…

 

“Siwon, my name is Siwon. Choi Siwon, if you are interested with my surname.” As if he could read Kyuhyun’s mind, Siwon introduced himself out of the sudden.

Kyuhyun chuckled in a soft tone that Siwon had another leap in his stomach, and nodded his head, “Kyuhyun, Cho Kyuhyun. Thank you, Siwon.”

 

“And I know you are the bus captain who always said “Good morning” to your passengers,” Kyuhyun smiled with a tint of bashfulness, “I am not a morning person, so pardon me for giving you a grumpy face every morning.”

Siwon went dumb for a second due to the smile that Kyuhyun was giving, and before he could say anything, Kyuhyun added on with a giggle, “And I know you always look at me through your mirror. So, you drive the bus in this route purposefully, in order to see me day and night?”

 

Oh… He was caught in action somehow!

 

“I…I swear I am not a stalker or ert…! I am just…” Siwon tried to explain his own sneaky action but Kyuhyun let out another wonderful chuckle before he helped Siwon with his unfinished confession, “I know, you think that I am beautiful. I get it all the times. I don’t blame you.”

Oh, so Kyuhyun can be this playful…

 

The next moment, they got off the bus, and again, Kyuhyun took another careful look at the unfamiliar place, wondering how he is going to get home. Siwon noticed the tension and made an offer.

But will he agree with the offer? Will he think of him as a ert afterall?

But you never know if you never ask…

 

“Do you mind me sending you home?”

 

 

 

Few months later

Siwon still drives the bus in the usual route, and greets the passenger “Good morning” with his usual smile. And sometimes he gets even more excited whenever he passed Kyuhyun’s house and office building, though Kyuhyun was not in the bus at those times.

Kyuhyun still takes the bus in the morning from his house, and shows his grumpy morning face in the morning when he boards the bus, and remains quiet when Siwon greets him with “Good morning”. He still sits at the back of the bus and stares out of the windows in his usual morning daze until he reaches his company.

 

But there is a difference.

 

Each time he is about to alight from the bus, he would turn his face and give a loving smile to Siwon, knowing that Siwon would see him through the rear mirror, and hop down the bus with a blush. Then Siwon would drive off the bus with a similar blush on face, recalling even the slightest contact that they have.

When the evening comes, Kyuhyun would board the bus after his work, and sit at the back of the bus again with Siwon being the bus captain. But he did not alight at his house, and sit through the route till the end. And he will wait at the bus terminal till Siwon appears out of the terminal in his casual clothing, welcoming him with his wide yet bashful smile.

 

“Hi, sorry to keep you waiting.” Siwon got nearer to Kyuhyun and wrapped his hands over Kyuhyun’s hands, rubbing them between his own, “Are you feeling cold?”

Kyuhyun shook his head but with a smile seeing how Siwon cares for him the second they are together, “Nope. I am fine.”

“Why didn’t you wear any gloves to keep warm?” Siwon continued to rub the cold hands and even give a few hot breaths, “December is getting worse each year. I am going to get you a pair of gloves soon.”

Kyuhyun giggled at the overly care that Siwon was showering over him, and interlocked their fingers together, “I am waiting for the chance to do this,” And he placed his head over Siwon’s shoulder for a heartening snuggle, “And this…”

 

Siwon smiled and tilted Kyuhyun’s chin for a short yet passionate kiss that always leave both of them breathless after that. Kyuhyun sighed with satisfaction of the kiss that Siwon always pamper him with, leaving pecks of soft kisses on his rosy lips after their short battle that involves their flexible muscles, and snuggled his body even closer to Siwon’s after they parted.

“I am hungry,” Kyuhyun showed his puppy eyes while his head remained on Siwon’s shoulder, “I want to eat some hot and spicy ddeokbokki.”

Siwon nodded and leave another kiss on the forehead, “Of course.”

“And I want to drink some soju too!” Kyuhyun exclaimed.

“Hmmm then are you going to stay at my place after you get drunk?” Siwon teased.

 

To his surprise, Kyuhyun blushed and nodded slightly, “I…don’t mind…”

And without saying anything, Siwon dragged Kyuhyun to the nearest restaurant for ddeokbokki and soju before the rest of the night continues. Kyuhyun couldn’t stop with his giggles at how Siwon was so eager for dinner, but allowing his lover to drag him around looking for some yummy ddeokbokki.

 

Their lovely day just gets better each time after they started dating with each other, isn’t it?