Stars Appear...

Waiting For Your Return

Counting down: D-547 :^)

 

Just in the mood for something simple~ ^^

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

It was just another normal day for Siwon. He woke up to his alarm, and prepared himself for yet another busy day. In an extremely chirpy mood, he picked his favourite white with checkered shirt tucking out of the black jeans, and folded the sleeves to his elbows. Liking the way he dressed, he let his fringe down for the day, and wore cologne to match with his style.

Though it seems like a normal day for him, he couldn’t picture it well for the unusual cheerful mood that he had the moment he woke up. Shrugging to himself, Siwon had his breakfast before he heads out for work, in a pair of leather shoes and backpack full of his photography equipment.

 

Never in his mind, that his normal day is going to be an abnormal one.

 

The minute he got into his car, he received a text from one of his assistants, notifying about the schedule of the day.

“Cho Kyuhyun is the model for today’s shoot. The theme for his shoot is uprising star. He will be coming at 11 in the morning.”

Siwon arched one of his brows as he read the name, “Cho Kyuhyun…”

A name rather familiar to him, but not enough to picture the image in his head.

“Well, I will just have to see him myself then.” Siwon whistled to himself, and drove off without thinking much about Cho Kyuhyun.

 

When he stepped into the photo studio, he was being stared at by his assistants. He laughed as he walked pass greeting them, “Whats with the smirk on all your faces?”

“Wow boss, it is such a rare time to see you dressing up,” Henry, his youngest assistant, came running towards Siwon, and glanced from top to bottom and bottom to top, “Are you our boss?”

“Of course, one and only.” Siwon replied, and placed his bag at the set.

“Yeah, but usually you only appear in tee and shorts, and sometimes slippers,” Sunny, a female assistant, remarked, “You said you are more comfortable taking photos in those.”

“Or maybe he is dressing up to please Cho Kyuhyun?” Yuri, another female assistant, giggled as she came to tease Siwon as well.

“Oh… Yes that Cho Kyuhyun,” Eunhyuk, another male assistant, joined in the conversation as he arranged the set, “Indeed, he has the power to make our handsome boss to be handsome for once.”

Siwon rolled his eyes, “Oh please, I don’t even know who is this Cho Kyuhyun, and that is kinda rude, Eunhyuk. I am always handsome.”

“You should go out once in a while to know the world, boss,” Henry pat on Siwon’s shoulder and shook his head as if he is pitying Siwon, “Instead of coping yourself here and at home. You should at least know that Cho Kyuhyun is a singer.”

The rest nodded, showing their concern for their “poor” boss.

 

Not wanting to be dragged around by his assistants, Siwon clapped his hands and ordered them to start the day, “Alright alright, enough of teasing me! Get back to work! Eunhyuk, I need this and this to be set up over there. Henry, position this camera for me. Sunny, prepare the room for the model. Yuri, the computer needs the update of the software. Hurry up!”

“YES BOSS!” They roared in unison and scrambled off to get ready for the photoshoot.

 

It was until the arrival of a car, that the team noticed of the time for the photoshoot. Soon enough, a group of people walked into the studio with grand entrance. Siwon stepped forward to introduce himself.

“Hello, welcome to Choi’s Photography Studio,” Siwon held his hand for a handshake, “I am Choi Siwon, the owner and the main photographer of the studio, and this is my team. I will be in charge of today’s photoshoot.”

The man in front of Siwon smiled and took his hand, “I am Lee Donghae, the manager of Cho Kyuhyun. I have here with me the makeup and stylist team, may I know is there a room prepared for Kyuhyun? We need to prepare him before the photoshoot.”

Siwon nodded, “Definitely. Sunny here will bring you and your team to the room.” Sunny smiled and shook hands with Donghae.

“Thank you. Hope you will take good care of Kyuhyun today.” Donghae smiled and ushered Kyuhyun to come forward.

 

There, a man half a head shorter than Siwon with a rather messy bed hair appeared from the back, in his casual tee, jeans and converse shoes, looking a little shy at Siwon as he held his hand out, “Hi, I am Cho Kyuhyun.”

First, Siwon was surprised to see a rather normal guy as he was expected to see an arrogant face, seeing how they walked in with such grand presentation.

“Welcome, Kyuhyun,” Siwon smiled and shook their hands, “I hope we can have a great time together today.”

 

Then Siwon felt his world paused for a second, when Kyuhyun locked their gaze and shared a brief eye contact as they had the handshake.

 

What a pair of attractive glassy eyes…

 

“Erm, yeah…” Kyuhyun’s voice took Siwon back to earth, as he tried to wiggle out from the handshake.

“Oh, sorry, my bad..” Siwon shook his head slightly for his rudeness, “Erm, Sunny, bring..bring them to the room prepared for them.”

“This way please.” Though she was confused with Siwon’s action, Sunny smiled and led them to the room.

 

“Wow, that doesn’t look like a singer afterall.” Henry remarked after Kyuhyun left the set, “And an uprising star somemore…”

“Well, don’t judge the book by its cover,” Yuri slapped on the back of Henry’s head, “And don’t gossip behind people’s back!”

“I am just saying out my opinion!” Henry defended, “And that hurts!”

 

While the two of his assistants were playfully hitting each other, Siwon watched at the direction where Kyuhyun had walked towards. And his mind couldn’t quite dismiss that brief eye contact earlier.

 

 

“Cho Kyuhyun, an uprising star from the music industry, had his first solo debut six months ago, and had a huge success due to his live singing at the music shows. Within a week after his debut, he ranked first in various music shows and people started to notice him and his voice.” Eunhyuk read from the computer’s screen where Siwon and others crowded around as he searched about Kyuhyun.

“Look, isn’t he such a cutie pie,” Yuri pointed out, “And not to mention he can really sings. Oh my, he can melt a heart with that honey voice.”

"Yes yes," Sunny agreed with a dreamy look, "Though he didn't say much in the waiting room, he bows to me with such a sweet smile."

"And he is known to be the kindest towards to his fans too," Yuri continued with excitement, "He never rejects any present from fans at all, always accept the gifts with his open arms."

Siwon stared at the screen as he found out more about Kyuhyun. And the more he knows, the more impressed that he felt for the singer who is a few years younger than him. He looked at the computer's screen as Eunhyuk browsed through the search about Kyuhyun, where it shows the different pictures of Kyuhyun. On stage singing with his heart out, outside the music station where he was smiling earnestly at his fans accepting gifts, in the car as he waved with a bashful smile, and his enchanting smile with a victory handsign after he ranked first on music show...

 

"Ohhh boss, now you are showing interest in him huh?" Henry teased, "Your deep dimples are showing off."

Siwon blinked his eyes and realised that he was smiling after seeing the smiles from Kyuhyun. 

 

Affected... He was affected by Kyuhyun... By the glow surrounding Kyuhyun.

 

Like a star...

 

 

After an hour, Kyuhyun came out of the waiting room, fully dressed and styled for the photoshoot. His messy bed hair was styled in fluffy soft curls with his fringe covering his forehead. He changed his casual wear away into a black and white suit with a long jacket of white strips and leather shoes. His make up artist even put up a bit of make up and cologne on him, looking all so handsome for the shoot.

Yes, handsome. Endearingly adorable and handsome.

 

Yet, Siwon noticed that Kyuhyun was a little tensed.

 

"Ok, so Kyuhyun," Siwon gestured, "You have to stand here and give me some poses that you can think of."

"Erm..." Kyuhyun looked around feeling lost, "What kind of poses...?"

"Poses like you are an uprising star," Siwon suggested, "The theme of the photoshoot is you as an uprising star afterall."

"Oh..." Kyuhyun hesitated but nodded his head compiling, "Ok... I...will try."

 

But no matter how much he tried, Kyuhyun couldn't get the pose right, and gradually he became more awkward as he failed a couple of times. From the viewfinder of his camera, Siwon could feel the awkwardness from Kyuhyun. When he saw the slight pout formed on Kyuhyun's face, he stepped away from his camera and walked over to Kyuhyun.

"I am sorry..." Kyuhyun apologized when he saw Siwon in front of him, "I...I am not used to this kind of professional photoshoot."

"I know," Siwon smiled gently, "This is however not your forte. And you are not comfortable in wearing such outfit and make up, right?"

"How did you...?" Kyuhyun was surprised to see how attentive Siwon was, even knowing about him feeling uneasy in suit and pants.

"Professional instinct," Siwon chuckled as he boasted, "Nothing can hide from my eyes."

Kyuhyun sighed, "I only know about singing... So this kind of professional posing for a photoshoot, I..."

Siwon pat on Kyuhyun's shoulders hoping to ease the tension, "Lets try something that you are comfortable with, shall we?"

 

He lowered himself a little to have eye contact with Kyuhyun, and with a smile on his face, Kyuhyun was somehow affected by the gentleness. He blushed with a nod and a smile that Siwon had seen earlier on the internet. The kind of smile that Siwon could not take his eyes off.

And together with the bashful smile, Siwon couldn't draw himself away from Kyuhyun even more.

"So...?" Kyuhyun asked seeing how Siwon dazed off with his thoughts.

Siwon cleared his throat, "So, why not you try singing?"

"Try...singing?" Kyuhyun frowned, "But I am not here to sing..."

"I know, but you can treat here like you are on stage, singing on a music show," Siwon explained, "I want you to be comfortable here so lets try to do what you enjoy. Huh?"

Though a little doutbtful, Kyuhyun agreed and started to sing but softly as a start. Siwon smiled and nodded to encourage the singer, and walked away leaving Kyuhyun gradually alone with the backdrop. He gave an assuring nod and thumb up to Donghae and the assistants, and returned to his camera silently.

 

And he waited, till Kyuhyun was ready to let his heart out. True enough, Kyuhyun got more confident and comfortable in singing, that he started to sing wholeheartedly with his eyes closed, not caring about the eyes of admiration that were looking at him.

That includes Siwon, who was hooked by the honey singing voice of Kyuhyun, that for a minute he had forgotten to press the shutter button. Until he got a nudge from Eunhyuk that he is supposed to be taking photos and not staring at Kyuhyun. He got back behind the viewfinder and captured the sight of the devoted singer who is purely in love with singing.

 

And that is a true quality of an uprising star.

 

When Kyuhyun finished a song, Siwon looked up from the camera and gave a thumb up, showing his appreciation for Kyuhyun's effort.

"That was great!" Siwon beamed, "I feel like I am having a live concert for free. You have a beautiful voice, Kyuhyun."

Kyuhyun went red with embarrassment with Siwon's excitement, but what truly got him blushing like there is no end, was when Siwon came in front of him and tucked the side of his hair to the back of his ears.

"There," Siwon smiled again showing his dimples after he was done, "Now I can capture more of your precious face."

 

Precious... Never a person had called him precious in his lifetime. Not his family or friends or his manager or fans...

 

And there it is again, the brief eye contact that had their gazes locked for a few seconds, when Kyuhyun flicked his eyes to look right into Siwon's orbs.

 

"Thank you..." Kyuhyun murmured, "Can I sing another song?"

"Sure, feel free to sing as many songs as you like," Siwon assured as he walked back to his camera, "Don't worry about me."

Kyuhyun nodded and started singing another song, before he got all blushing for the gentleness from Siwon.

 

And the shooting went well, with Kyuhyun being all so comfortable at the set that he was smiling in the midst of the photoshoot in other different outfits, and Siwon was engrossed in taking Kyuhyun's photos that he lost count of how many photos he had taken. 

Hundreds, or maybe thousands. He couldn't stop himself from capturing all the different expressions, and he didn't want to stop as well.

Same for Kyuhyun, that he didn't seem too awkward anymore, and even faced the camera showing off his brightest grin for Siwon.

 

Just like they were the only two person in the world, their eyes only had for each other, and they could only see each other throughout the photoshoot.

 

 

The last shooting was done after hours later, and Siwon sat by the computer to review the photos, while Kyuhyun was back to the waiting room to change out of his outfit. Each picture had shown a different side of Kyuhyun, and Siwon had a sudden urge of keeping those pictures to himself, so only him and him alone could see Kyuhyun the way others could not see. He knew he is not being professional, and this is only the first day where they met. But somewhere somehow, he felt a connection...with Kyuhyun. 

A connection that he never had before with others.

 

"Thank you, Siwon," Donghae the manager came behind Siwon and broke his train of thoughts, "You have done great help for Kyuhyun. He is still a newbie so there are many things that he couldn't get used to."

"Oh, not a problem," Siwon replied, "I am just doing my job." Or was it due to personal affection that he went further for Kyuhyun?

"He is really comfortable being here," Donghae smiled, "Guess we will have more opportunties to work together again."

 

More opportunities... Siwon liked the sound of that.

 

But rather than work opportunities, he would prefer to have a chance...to...to...

 

As though he made a decision suddenly, Siwon got up from his seat and requested, "Can I have a word with Kyuhyun?"

"Sure." Donghae was puzzled but he allowed Siwon to talk to Kyuhyun in the waiting room.

 

And without thinking much, Siwon barged into the room harshly and caught Kyuhyun in the middle of changing clothes.

"Ohhh my!!" Kyuhyun gasped as he paused from pulling his tee down, showing off his bare top perfectly.

Siwon widened his eyes with equal shockness, firstly at his rudeness and secondly at the pure attractive bareness in front of him.

Not to mention the perfect body figure and the pair of pinky nubs...

 

"I am sorry!" Siwon turned around to hide his shameful act after devouring the sight secretly, "I didn't know you are... I should have knock..."

Kyuhyun pulled his tee down anxiously, "I should lock the door... But I didn't expect you will rush in..."

"I know, I am just a little eager..." Siwon tried to explain, with his back still facing Kyuhyun.

"Eager...?" Kyuhyun repeated, "Is there anything urgent to talk to me about? Regarding the photoshoot?"

"No, the photoshoot is perfect." Siwon shook his head, "I am..."

"You can turn around now. I am done with changing." Kyuhyun interrupted.

 

Siwon turned around upon the request and apologized once again, "I am sorry... I am not trying to do something funny, really!"

"I know I know," Kyuhyun nodded his head accepting the apology, but not without a blush as he recalled his bare top was revealed, "So, what is it that you wanted to talk to me eagerly about?"

"Oh... That..." Siwon sheepishly rubbed the back of his head, "I...I wanted to say, that the photoshoot went well today. I have captured many beautiful pictures of you."

"Beautiful...pictures of me?" Kyuhyun flushed yet again due to Siwon's words.

"I... What I mean is...I had a great time with you...at the photoshoot," Though as much as he want to suppress his feelings, Siwon couldn't help but to blunt out the truth, "Especially when you are doing your best in things that you are not used to, and your passion for singing had touched me deeply, that I couldn't stop with the shutter button."

Kyuhyun blinked his eyes rapidly hearing the heartfelt words from Siwon, and again, a blush formed on his face. Siwon stepped forward, breathing in for bravery and courage before he held his hands out to cup Kyuhyun's cheeks. Kyuhyun held his breath when Siwon touched his face, and his heart skipped a beat as Siwon his blushing cheeks.

 

"These blushes are so cute," Siwon chuckled, gaining more boldness, "Can I take a picture of these?"

"Didn't...you capture them already...?" Kyuhyun mumbled, softly as he was nervous of the situation.

"Did I?" Siwon poundered, and made a mental note to browse through the photos and having a need to keep those in his private folder.

Kyuhyun nodded his head, "I...think...I did blush a while back there."

"Oh, then, is that blush for me?" Siwon asked halfheartedly, not expecting a nod from Kyuhyun though.

 

"It...was because of you." Kyuhyun admitted.

 

Siwon was first startled but he broke into a sincere smile, "I am glad to hear that..."

Then, he took out his name card and handed over to Kyuhyun, "Your manager said that we could work together in other opportunities, but I would prefer to have the opportunity to know you better outside the work area."

Kyuhyun took the namecard but was confused of why a namecard if Siwon wanted a chance outside work area. 

Siwon then took out a pen from his back pocket and held Kyuhyun's hand as he wrote something on the namecard.

 

His personal mobile phone's number. And a simple line of "I like you" at the bottom of his number.

 

"I have never met a person that I admired so deeply, until you came along," Siwon continued while Kyuhyun stared at the namecard, "I thought we had a connection during the photoshoot, like you are the only one I have in this world. My eyes cannot stop watching you and your every move. Your personality impress me, your singing touch me, your smiles and glassy eyes attract me. And you have a rather perfect body figure furthermore...but that is not the main point!" Siwon explained, afraid that Kyuhyun might misunderstand his purpose.

Kyuhyun stifled a soft giggle which caused a skip in Siwon's heart when he heard the restrain yet sweet giggle.

Siwon took in another deep breath before he continued, "What I mean is, you are like a star that appeared in my life, bringing so much brightness and I don't want to let go of you just yet."

"So," Kyuhyun raised his head to look right into Siwon's eyes as Siwon asked, "Can I have the chance to know you even more? Not through the work connection, but through your personal life. Can we...start by being friends?"

 

"That is...a lot to digest huh...?" Kyuhyun stated.

"Erm, indeed, I just let out without thinking much." Siwon laughed awkwardly, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly again.

"I...had a great time too, having the photoshoot with you," Kyuhyun admitted though, "But..."

"I know this is too sudden, we just met today afterall, and before this I didn't even know who you are," Siwon blunted out, "But I am sincerely hoping that we can know each other more."

"I..." Kyuhyun wanted to say something but Siwon stopped him by planting a kiss on one side of his blushing cheeks, "You don't have to answer me now, so I will leave my number to you, you can just give me a call, whenever you are ready. To be friends with me."

 

Then he stepped backwards and waved goodbye to Kyuhyun as he walked out of the room, leaving Kyuhyun behind with the namecard in his hands. But within seconds after he left, his mobile phone rang. He fished out the phone and answered to the unknown number.

 

"You didn't give me the chance to finish what I wanted to say," It was Kyuhyun, "I wanted to say...that I had a great time too, having the photoshoot with you, but indeed it was the first time we met. So...we should give each other another chance to know more about one another."

Siwon broke into a wide grin, pressing the phone closer to his ear as he listened to Kyuhyun's sweet voice over the receiver.

"I...like how you call me precious like I am really a precious in your life," Kyuhyun continued, revealing more as he spoke, "And I can feel the connection with you as well. And...you are perfectly handsome yourself too, especially handsome when you are so serious and passionate in your job."

Siwon secretly praised himself for having the urge to dress up properly rather than the usual sloppy outfit. Or was it...the inner instinct that urged him for the change, to have a perfect encounter with Kyuhyun? 

 

"You are too, like a star that appeared in my life, giving me a different light that no one had given to me. I...like you too..." 

 

Kyuhyun's confession through the receiver got Siwon to turn around, having the need to barge into the room just to have another look at the singer. But there Kyuhyun was standing by the door, caught with the eye contact and both shared a sweet smile with their phones still held against their ears, simply having the moment to confirm the connection.

But before they could arrange a day for a date, Donghae came and urged Kyuhyun to get ready for the next schedule. Kyuhyun left the photo studio, but never forget to give Siwon a bashful smile with the blush that Siwon came to adore before he leaves. Though it was a pity, Siwon knew this is just the beginning of their newly found relationship. And more chances for them will come upon, as long as their hearts remain connected no matter where they are. 

 

For they are the stars in each other's life.