Sunflower

Waiting For Your Return

D-180~

 

To Kyuhyun: Happy Belated Birthday~

To Siwon: Happy Belated Registered Birthday~

To Everyone: Happy Belated Valentine's Day~

 

Better late than never.. XD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Siwon had just reached the hospital to start a new day of work, when a nurse came to the reception announcing about a patient. A long term patient with records of in and out of hospital since Siwon had started working in the hospital, a name that he was very much familiar with.

 

"He came in again? Cho Kyuhyun?" The nurse who brought the news nodded her head to her fellow questioning nurse, "How long is he going to be here this time?"

"Not sure," The nurses sighed, "Such a pity for a young and cute-looking man to be burdened with long term illness."

"Hope he will be fine soon..."

 

Siwon stood at his pace, and noticed that the nurses had stopped their conversation with eyes on him. He let out a small smile with a bow before he stepped forward closer to them and asked, "Is he going to be in the same room?"

 

 

"Yes noona, I am going to be fine..." A voice, weak yet honey-coated, spoke in the ward where he was being admitted in. His usual ward.

"Not fine at all when you fainted in the middle of the roadside, Cho Kyuhyun!" A female voice argued, "What did I or our parents tell you, about going out? You should be..."

"But I am just going to work as usual, noona.." Kyuhyun sighed as he climbed onto the bed.

"And you forgot your pills, and jacket to keep you warm, and your bottle of distilled water..." And that cracked Kyuhyun because he started to giggle despite feeling weak, "What is so funny?"

"If people who don't know us had seen this, might think that I have two mothers." Kyuhyun teased, yet his hand reached out to his sister and intertwined her hand with his own, "Thank you for always taking care of me."

His sister snorted but her face blushed at the sincere gratitude from her brother, and gave a light pat on the back of his hand, "Stay still, I will be right back with the doctor. No walking around, understand?"

Kyuhyun let out a small smile and raised his hand to do a salute at his sister, "Yes madam!"

 

After his sister left the ward, Kyuhyun turned to the other side of the room, where the full length glass window was, where he could see the entire view of the hospital backyard with a small garden in sight from the second level. He smiled at the view and the smile widened as he saw a man walking to the garden, with a pot of sunflower in hand.

 

Well, not bad afterall to be back here...

 

 

When they first met, Kyuhyun was in half coma from a surgery. He was being pushed to his ward after the surgery, and was briefly awake after a while. His eyes were half opened as he took notice of his family in his ward, but something else caught his eyes, a rather glaring yellow at the other side of the room. He turned his head, as slowly as possible, to his other side where the clear full length windows were. And there he was greeted with a small pool of sunflowers from the garden. 

He watched the sunflowers took in the sunlight, petals opened widely to accept the vitamins. Just then, droplets of water came in air spinkled over the flowers and created a light yet beautiful rainbows over the sunflowers. And just before he closed his eyes to rest, he saw the man holding the hose standing next to the flowers. A rather handsome man with a pair of deep dimples. 

He was sure, the man actually smiled at him...

 

The next day when he was fully awake with the anesthesia effect was gone completely, Kyuhyun sat up from his bed despite protest from his family of him being not as strong. He wanted to take a clear view of the garden where he remembered the bright sunflowers were greeting him with rainbows. Because in his memories of staying in the hospital, the garden has always been a boring one. However, a scene of a colourful garden was in his view, and he was in awe. Well of course, there isn't any rainbow this time. Instead, he saw the exact man from the day before, attending the flowers in the garden.

New gardener? Kyuhyun thought about the identity of the man whom he had never seen before. Of so many times him in and out of the hospital, this was however, the first time he had seen the man. And he was certain he would have recognised the man if they had met before in the hospital because the man, simply, was handsome enough to be overlooked. 

Just when he was pondering about the supposedly gardener, the said man turned towards his direction, and smiled with a bow. Oh that pair of dimples... Kyuhyun couldn't resist in not smiling back, so he did return a smile which he deemed to be sweet since people always praise him for his sweet smile. And true enough, the gardener widened his eyes at Kyuhyun's smile, and even absentmindedly overwatered the plants that he was supposed to be watering. With a gasp which Kyuhyun assumed by the stunned look on the gardener since they were 2 levels apart, the gardener turned around frantically to save the plants in a rather comical way. Kyuhyun laughed out at the sight which caused his family to burrow their brows at him, wondering what was he laughing about. Kyuhyun, however ignored the curious eyes from his family, and continued to watch the gardener clumsily wavered around the garden. 

Not without a few eye contact as the gardener would turn to Kyuhyun's direction and shared knowing smiles.

 

But what are the chances for him to actually get more interaction with somebody else, especially with his illness...?

 

 

Siwon placed the new pot of sunflower on the ground of the garden, and turned around towards the hospital building, at the direction of the full length windows at the second level. He wasn't expecting the patient to be in the ward so soon, but perhaps out of habit, that he looked up at the second floor the moment he was in the garden. And there he was, the young and cute-looking patient, smiling back at him.

Still as beautiful as ever... Siwon thought. Though the patient was pale and fragile looking due to his long-term illness, he has the sweetest smile from all the people that Siwon knew in his lifetime. Of course not just the smile that left an impression in his mind, as he knew the boy more about his life and character through a couple of interactions, be it between the windows or face to face. However, it was the smile, or rather, the look of the laughing Kyuhyun that he couldn't turn away from.

 

 

It was Siwon's first day working as an intern in the hospital. Though he scored from college with flying colours, he was just as nervous seeing how big the hospital could be. But nevertheless, not wanting to disappoint his family and himself who made so much effort in achieving to where he is, Siwon buffed up his courage and showed his enthusiasm in his new job. As he and his boss together with the other interns walked around the hospital to familiarise with the environment, Siwon noticed the garden at the backyard facing one side of the hospital where most wards are. But the garden was rather liveless with just trees and a few pot of flowers that were losing the colours.

"What are those wards for?" Siwon stopped his pace and pointed at the wards behind the garden.

His direct boss turned and took a look at the wards before he answered, "Those wards are for the long-term patients, or patients who require to be in and out of the hospital due to their long-term illness."

"So..." Siwon asked again, this time pointing at the garden, "Isn't it better for the garden to be more lively for the patients? I believe, a nice looking garden will bring a little help or smile to those patients who have to deal with permanent fight for their illness."

His boss burrowed his brows at Siwon curiously, "But this isn't your concern as a doctor, Siwon. You have more worries to come, and being a gardener is the last thing that should be in your mind."

"But Dr Lee," Siwon shook his head as a form of disapproval, "Being thoughtful to the surrounding in the hospital is part of what a doctor should be, and not just treating the patients' illnesses. Furthermore, these wards are those who have to be in the hospital for a long time, perhaps forever. I think even a slightest concern to their well-being is necessary to help with their conditions."

His boss was startled with Siwon's concern, but gave a small nod to support him, "But the current gardener was away due to personal reason, so..."

"I will volunteer the job." Siwon raised his hand to make the garden a better one, since it was his idea to start off with.

 

So during his free time apart of his usual workload, Siwon would attend the garden, bringing colourful flowers to beautify the garden, especially the sunflowers that the yellow brought out a lot more brightness in the garden. At the end of his first week in the hospital, as usual after his routine walk around the ward that he was taken charge of, he came to the garden, wanting to water the sunflowers. The sun was bright on this day, that made the sunflowers even more dazzling as though they were smiling at Siwon. As he held the water hose in the air, sprinkling the droplets onto the flowers, small rainbows over the flowers were formed. As he was raising his head to watch the rainbows, there he saw a pale yet beautiful face lying on the bed at the second level, staring down at the garden, probably looking at the sun flowers. He was glad that he managed to bring such brightness even if it was just a small gesture. When the pair of tired eyes slowly reached his sight though in the midst of closing them for the time being, Siwon smiled sincerely, not knowing that he had his dimples on him. 

 

What a beautiful person... Even with his eyes closed...

 

The next day, Siwon went back to the garden, hoping to see the patient with the beautiful face once more. While waiting for the patient to wake up from his sleep, Siwon wandered around the garden. Though he seems like taking care of the plants, he was nervous just like the first day at work, trying hard not to gaze up at second level too obvious that he was actually waiting for someone.

Why do I look like I am a person in love...? Siwon scolded himself and he turned towards the second floor, not caring if he was being caught in the act, with his hand still holding onto the water hose pouring water in the flower pot.

To his surprise, the patient was already awake, and even in the upright position sitting on the bed, looking down at the first level...looking right at him. Siwon calmed himself down, and smiled with a bow, showing clearly his dimples, hoping the dimples will cover his nervousness. Then came a smile in response, a gentle yet sweet smile returned to his dimpled smile. Instantly, Siwon could feel a rush to his heart that caused it to beat in an increasing pace. He widened his eyes as he took in the sweet smile, forgetting about the plants that took in more water than they supposed to take. When he realised his mistake, he gasped with a "" and threw the hose away in a haste. Clumsily out of his usual way, he fussed over the flowers, hoping that the flowers won't die because of being love-struck. 

Feeling embarrassed with the situation, Siwon turned back to second level, wanting to apologize for his clumsiness, but he was awestruck again. Because the said patient was in fact, laughing cheerfully from his ward. And the laughing sight of the patient was way more entricing that Siwon couldn't pull his eyes away. The pale cheeks were painted with natural rosy blush due to the laugh, and his eyes were as though shooting out hearts from laughing so beautifully.

 

Just like the sunflower, so bright and so lively.

 

He wanted to see the patient...not just this day, but every other days too.

But...what kind of illness could this beautiful person has to be warded long-term...?

 

 

"How are you feeling, Kyuhyun?" Ahra found Kyuhyun awake again, after a sleep from the medication that his doctor had prescribed for him.

Kyuhyun just simply smiled, and signaled his sister to wheel up his bed. His sister narrowed her eyes at the request but did it anyway. 

"Wanting to look at the garden again?" Ahra as she set the bed to the upright position where he could sit up on the bed. 

"The garden is pretty with the sunflowers... They bring a lot of smiles with their brightness." Kyuhyun gave the excuses carefully, but with hint of blush formed on his pale cheeks.

His sister chuckled, "Well, you and I know what is the real reason of you wanting to look at the garden."

"Noona..." Kyuhyun whined and the blush deepened further.

 

He turned to the direction of the garden, expecting to see the gardener, but it was empty. He stretched his neck further wanting to see if the gardener was indeed not available in the garden, but still no sight of the gardener, just the sunflowers opening brightly at the sun. Where could he be...?

"Noona," Kyuhyun called out for Ahra and she responded with a "hmmm", "Am I allowed to take a walk in the garden?"

His sister sighed, "Kyu, you should know your condition. Your heart might not be able to take the strong sun outside. Furthermore you just had your medication. And you need to go..."

"Noona.." Kyuhyun held his sister's hand and pleaded, "Please, just for while...? I want to see h...see the sunflower.."

Ahra let out another sigh, but she pinched Kyuhyun's nose lightly, "You always know how to manipulate me with your puppy eyes."

 

So the next moment, Kyuhyun was wheeled out of his ward in a wheelchair. Ahra had to ensure a couple of time that Kyuhyun was feeling alright to be out in the garden, and Kyuhyun could only chuckle at his sister's anxiety.

"Don't you dare laugh, you ungrateful brat," Ahra scolded with a light knock on Kyuhyun's head using her knuckle, "And remember do not mention this to our parents. You should know that they will worry more than I do."

Kyuhyun stuck out the tip of his tongue playfully, "Yes madam!"

 

The moment he was out in the open, Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes from the glaring sun, while his sister wheeled him to the garden. Though he wasn't that comfortable of the sun shining on him, he gradually allowed himself to get used to the weather as he widened his eyes once more. And his smile brightened as well, once he reached the garden full of sunflowers, welcoming him with their petals opened up widely. 

"So beautiful..." Kyuhyun mouthed as he tilted his head to the back, smiling to his sister. Ahra returned the smile with a nod. 

He set his eyes on the flowers again with his eyes closed to inhale the fresh flora aroma surrounding the environment.

 

"Kyuhyun?" A familiar voice brought him back to earth as he opened his eyes turning to the back where the voice came from.

"Siwon hyung!" Kyuhyun waved beamingly, glad to see the person he was aimed to see.

"Hey..." Siwon approached the pair of siblings with a grin, "Hi there, Ahra ssi." 

Ahra smiled with tease, "I almost thought that I am invisible in your eyes."

"Noona!" Kyuhyun smacked his sister's hand, not without a blush formed on his cheeks. And that doesn't go unnoticed by Siwon.

 

Siwon kneeled in front of Kyuhyun, with their eyes connected at the same level, "Looking fine with those blushes huh?"

Kyuhyun groaned, placing his palms over his face, "Not you too Siwon hyung!"

Both Ahra and Siwon burst into laughter, seeing how Kyuhyun got embarrassed because of them teasing him. But soon, the laughter died down and Siwon shared a nod with Ahra. Ahra smiled as she walked away, leaving the pair alone in the garden.

 

When Kyuhyun peeked from his palms, he realised that his sister had gotten away and he was being left alone with Siwon. He fluttered with the thought, not knowing if it is fine to look at Siwon since it will be too obvious for Siwon to notice. But before he could do or say anything, Siwon peeled his hands off from his face, and held them gently overlapping with his own. Kyuhyun blinked at their hands being held together, and gradually raised his eyes to set at Siwon.

"Shall we go and have a look at your sunflower?" Siwon asked, showing the pair of deep dimples that Kyuhyun grew to love. With another flush of heat on his cheeks, Kyuhyun nodded his head.

 

"Are you taking a good care of my sunflower?" Kyuhyun questioned while Siwon wheeled him to a particular pot of sunflower.

"Of course," Siwon answered without hesitation, "I bet the other flowers must be jealous because I have been showing more love to your sunflower."

Kyuhyun chuckled at the answer, liking how Siwon showed affection to the sunflower that belonged to him. And another rush of shyness reached his cheeks when he assumed that Siwon was showing care to his sunflower is not because he is the gardener, but because the sunflower represents him in a way...

 

 

One of the times where Kyuhyun was admitted in the hospital after he felt a tightness in his heart, Siwon finally plucked up his courage to make the first move, to talk to Kyuhyun, to know more about Kyuhyun. But concerning whether Kyuhyun will accept him as a friend for a start, though they had a couple of interaction through the windows between the two levels, Siwon was rather edgy with his decision. So he paced around the garden trying to think of a way to get closer to Kyuhyun, while his eyes couldn't stop peeking up to the ward where he could witness the sleeping Kyuhyun.

Just when his eyes peeled away from Kyuhyun, he saw the sunflowers around the garden. And a thought came to his mind, smiling to himself of a plan that he came out with.

 

But his plan of putting a pot of baby sunflower quietly in Kyuhyun's ward was disrupted, when he stunned upon Kyuhyun just outside of his ward. He froze on the spot with the sunflower in his hands, staring at Kyuhyun who seems to be just walked out of the ward. Unsteady though, with his hands clenching tight on the handle against the wall. Gasping to himself that Kyuhyun might fall anytime, Siwon rushed over and held Kyuhyun around his waist with his other empty hand.

"Where do you want to go?" Siwon asked, and eventually surprised Kyuhyun.

"I..." Recognising the face that he always see at garden whenever he is in the hospital, but never once face to face, especially in such close contact, Kyuhyun blushed instantly as he felt the strong arm wrapping around his waist, "I pressed the bell but...it is likely spoilt since no one came... I...I need...some water..."

Siwon nodded his head and tightened his hand around Kyuhyun, "I will get the water for you, but first you need to stay in bed. Your condition is not well enough to walk around on your own."

"How did you...?" Kyuhyun blinked his eyes at Siwon, wondering how would Siwon knew about his heart condition, but his thought was distracted when Siwon walked him back into the ward as gently while their clothed bodies were brushed against each other.

 

Siwon tucked Kyuhyun back in the bed, with a smile before he placed the pot of sunflower on the table and walked out of the ward. Kyuhyun's eyes immediately noticed the sunflower, just like the sunflowers he saw at the garden, only this is much younger and smaller.

A new sunflower... Kyuhyun thought, Is he...giving me as a present. Wishful thought, but Kyuhyun couldn't help feeling cheery thinking about it.

 

Siwon came back to the ward with a jar of water, and poured a glass for Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun mouthed a soft "thanks" and drank the water eagerly since the medicine was making him thirsty. But awkwardness came after he was done with the water, and he flattered his eyes at Siwon who was caught looking right at him. Siwon blinked his eyes for being caught, and pretended to clear his throat to ease his rudeness.

"I am sorry.." Siwon apologized, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly, "I was too caught up with you...I mean your beautiful face...I mean...your.."

Kyuhyun chuckled, looking at how amusingly the way Siwon was like feeling sorry, "Thank you for your praise but...I don't think my pale face is anywhere near beautiful."

Siwon shook his head disapprovingly, "You have everything in you to be considered a beautiful being."

And a straight blush came to Kyuhyun's face with Siwon's compliment. That was registered in Siwon's head immediately, even more captivated by the man in front of him, even more determined to get closer to him.

 

"That sunflower..." Kyuhyun pointed out on the table, bringing Siwon back to his original plan, "Are you going to plant that in the garden?"

"Oh right..." Siwon took the sunflower and brought it right in front of Kyuhyun's face, "This is for you."

Kyuhyun widened his eyes, "For...me?"

"Yeah, for you," Siwon beamed, "Because you seem to take a liking to the sunflowers in the garden, and thanks to them, I always get to see you smiling at me...I mean smiling at the flowers."

Kyuhyun smiled at the flashback where they often shared knowing smiles through the windows, "Because the sunflowers make me happy, and cheer up my days here... And...I was indeed...smiling at you."

"Oh..." Siwon could feel his heart blooming like the sunflower, filled with warmth and happiness as he watched Kyuhyun's smile grew with a small dimple formed at the bottom of his lips.

 

"But...I can't...take a good care of the flower..." Kyuhyun changed his expression dejectedly, "My condition...I don't know when I will be back here again...and I don't know when I am allowed to be home each time I came back here..."

"I will help you take care of your sunflower," Siwon volunteered soon enough, "So you can get to see it the next time..." But to see this beautiful man back in the hospital means that his condition will not be improving or worsen, and the thought alone was enough to break Siwon's heart.

However, Kyuhyun wasn't affected with Siwon's words, instead, he took Siwon's hands and gave the smile that Siwon thought to be the sweetest smile ever he had seen in his lifetime.

"Please take care of my sunflower, erm..." Kyuhyun tilted his head as he realised he did not know Siwon's name at all.

Seeing how Kyuhyun took his illness so positive, Siwon tightened their hands together as he said his name, "Siwon, my name is Siwon. Choi Siwon."

Though he was delighted to see how their hands intertwined perfectly together, but Kyuhyun never forget to repeat Siwon's name, "Thank you Siwon hyung. And...I am Cho Kyuhyun."

 

 

After a 2 weeks stay in the hospital, Kyuhyun was allowed to discharge from the hospital, once his condition was more or less stabilized. Strict instruction was given by his doctor to follow, and his family was here to bring him home.

"Omma, I am fine. Really," Kyuhyun was rolling his eyes when his mother insisted for him to discharge on the wheelchair, "Doctor said I can walk on my own..."

"I am not going to take the risk," His mother replied sternly but her palm was placed gently over his cheek, "You are my baby boy, I will do anything to protect you."

"Omma..." Kyuhyun whined, "I am no longer a child..."

Ahra came into the ward heard the whine from her brother, and smirked as she put his bag down on the bag, "Yes omma, our baby boy is no longer a child. You do know about that young chap at the garden right?"

"Oh that handsome young gardener?" And the two women started to gossip between themselves, ignoring more whines from Kyuhyun.

 

Talking about Siwon, Kyuhyun had a sudden urge to see him, to say goodbye, well at least for now. But looking the excited two women of the family gossiping about him and Siwon even in front of him, he wasn't sure if it was a good idea to give them more chance to . So he walked to the windows, in hopes to see Siwon at the garden so he could convey the message with their usual interaction. But, he sees no Siwon, only the sunflowers facing at his direction.

Well, at least I get to say goodbye to the sunflowers, to my sunflower...

 

Just then, Kyuhyun's father came into the ward, announcing that they are ready to go. Taking the last look at the garden, Kyuhyun left the ward with his family. Without the wheelchair at his command, so his mother and sister were at each of his sides, holding and supporting him like a fragile being. Of course he rolled his eyes and hissed at the women, telling them not to be so dramatic because he isn't going to faint anytime sooner. But when they reached the lobby of the hospital, he felt his legs went weak. Not because of his heart condition, but because of a sight that he didn't expect to see.

A group of young doctors in the doctor's robes walked towards their direction, all immersed with the conversation among themselves seriously. And a familiar face that he wanted to see before he goes stood out from the group.

And of course, Siwon noticed Kyuhyun standing just right in front of him. He gasped at the unplanned situation, and he paused to stare right back at Kyuhyun.

 

"Isn't that...Siwon ssi?" It was Ahra who spoke Kyuhyun's thought aloud, "He...is he a doctor?"

 

Siwon gulped as he could hear exactly what Ahra was saying. Though he didn't plan to hide his identity from Kyuhyun, but somehow this was awkward since he never once had told Kyuhyun about him being a doctor. He watched Kyuhyun's expression carefully, hoping that him as a doctor will not change their relationship.

"Lets...go, noona.." But Kyuhyun thought otherwise, as he nudged his mother and sister to bring him out of the hospital.

Siwon blinked rapidly at the response, and was quick to excuse himself from his colleagues to chase after Kyuhyun.

 

"Kyuhyun!! Wait!" Siwon shouted and with his long legs, he came in front of Kyuhyun and his family in no time, stopping them from moving further away, "Wait!!"

Kyuhyun bit his bottom lips with eyes averting away from Siwon, he just did not know how to react in front of a doctor which he thought until today was just a gardener. His family noticed the awkwardness between them, and batted their brows at each other knowingly.

"Kyuhyun, we will get the car, so wait for a moment, ok?" Kyuhyun's mother smiled and nodded at Siwon. Siwon bowed at the elder woman, glad that he was given a chance to speak to Kyuhyun privately.

 

Kyuhyun remained silence while Siwon took him to the garden. The petals of the sunflowers were widely opened accepting the sun, but the expression on the pair wasn't that bright at all. Siwon made Kyuhyun to sit on the bench, before he took the seat next to him. But Kyuhyun wasn't looking at him still.

"Are you...not going to look at me at all?" Siwon sighed, with his eyes fixed on Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun wavered his eyes around but still refused to look at Siwon.

"Because I am a doctor?" Siwon tried again, "Because I didn't tell you that I am a doctor?"

Still no response.

"Kyuhyun," Siwon held Kyuhyun's face out of desperate measure, forcing Kyuhyun to look at him directly, "I swear I have no intention to hide my identity from you. Because you seem so comfortable interacting with me without any burden, so...I..." Maybe he had unintentionally hide his real identity just because he wanted to get closer to Kyuhyun.

 

"I am sorry, Kyuhyun..." Siwon apologized, seeing how Kyuhyun still had that sullen expression, "I...really just...want to get closer to you..."

"And not just because you are a doctor and I am a patient?" Kyuhyun finally opened his mouth, "You care for me is not because I am a patient, not because it is your duty to do so?"

"Of course not!" Siwon replied immediately, "I didn't care for any patient like how I care for you! I didn't give any patient a pot of sunflower! I swear!"

"Really...?" Kyuhyun's heart started to melt for Siwon, and even more conscious that his face was actually being held by Siwon.

Siwon nodded, and daring enough to the increase blush on Kyuhyun's cheeks with his thumbs, "I care for you, because I am falling in love with you. You...are like the sunflower in my life, that has given me so much brightness ever since I know you."

 

Kyuhyun blushed even deeper hearing the direct confession from Siwon, and a smile appeared because he was just too happy to know that he felt the same for Siwon too. Siwon is just like the sunflower in his life too. But his smile vanished as soon as it came, remembering about his illness. Is it fine for him to be in a romantic relationship with someone? Will his heart condition allow him to do so?

"Siwon hyung... You should know about my illness," Kyuhyun sighed talking about his problem, "I am not the best candidate for a love relationship. My heart..."

"You like me too, right?" Siwon asked blantly, that caught Kyuhyun in surprise.

"I...do like you too, but..." But Kyuhyun confessed since Siwon was truthful to his own feeling, he shouldn't be a coward too, yet... "My heart..."

 

Kyuhyun could not finish with what he wanted to say, because his lips were captured by Siwon's lips. He widened his eyes at the sudden kiss, not knowing what to do as his mind froze with their lips connected in the closest contact that they could get. But when he saw how Siwon was devoted in kissing him with his eyes closed to feel just using his lips, Kyuhyun started to have his eyes shut as well, kissing the doctor back wholeheartedly. Siwon smiled to the return kiss, and held Kyuhyun closer to him.

It was just a gentle kiss, lips against lips, nothing more but a sweet kiss to feel the context of the lips. Siwon swore he could taste the sweetness coming from Kyuhyun, and was reluctantly to part from Kyuhyun's lips. However, he had to do so, not wanting to give more burden for Kyuhyun. So he broke the kiss, smilingly as he heard a soft whine from Kyuhyun, and placed his forehead against Kyuhyun's forehead with his eyes opened to witness the flushing face. Kyuhyun peeled his eyes slowly, knowing he must be blushing mad, but was even more flustered when he saw Siwon's loving orbs were on him.

"Is your heart...alright with me kissing you?" Siwon whispered quietly, so close to Kyuhyun's face that he could feel the breath on him.

Though blushing deeply, Kyuhyun sent his honey-combed smile revealing the small dimple under his lips as he nodded, "Perfectly fine."

"Then...you shouldn't have anymore worries of starting a relationship with me." Siwon grinned, rolling his forehead against Kyuhyun's.

 

But before they could do anything else to confirm their relationship, Ahra came to the garden calling for Kyuhyun. The pair broke apart, smiling shyly with their close contact, hoping that Ahra did not watch them kissed. Kyuhyun stood up, with Siwon supporting him around the waist just like the first time they spoke to each other. Only this time, the skinship is much intimate in a sense.

"Do think about it, will you?" Siwon asked before letting Kyuhyun go, "About being together...with me? I am...serious about you, Kyuhyun. I want to see you outside of the hospital."

Kyuhyun nodded with another blush formed on his cheeks, "Do..take care of my sunflower."

"And you take care of yourself too, my sunflower." Siwon smiled, leaving a peck on Kyuhyun's forehead before Kyuhyun returned to his family.

 

From a distance, Kyuhyun turned around throwing a glance at Siwon who was waving at him. And he smiled as he knew what will be his answer to Siwon's question without thinking much...

 

 

 

 

 

A couple of years later...

Siwon clicked the door lock opened as quietly as possible, as he was home after a long hours of nightshift in the hospital. He wasn't sure if his partner will be awake since it was just 7 in the morning, but he brought home breakfast anyway. Placing the packet of breakfast that he bought on the way home, he tiptoed into the bedroom hoping to find his sleeping beauty. But the bed was emptied instead.

"Where could he be...?" Siwon murmured to himself. 

If his lover is not in the bedroom, then... 

 

Siwon smiled to himself as he moved deeper into the house, and reached the back door that led to the backyard of the house. And true enough, there stood a figure back facing him, showering the sunflowers that were planted at the backyard with the water hose.

His sunflower.

 

He crept slowly from behind, smirking to himself for wanting to surprise his lover, yet he knew he couldn't go overboard with his surprise since his lover has got a weak heart. So as gently as ever, once he was just right behind his lover, Siwon wrapped his strong arms around the waist and pressed a kiss on the top of the fluffy hair. A soft gasp could be heard but was soon ease off because there is no way that the man couldn't recognise the arms backhugging him.

"Morning, my Kyu.." Siwon whispered as sweetly, that caused the man in front to turn slightly facing him with his favourite smile.

"Welcome home." Kyuhyun greeted, and was pleased that Siwon responded with a kiss. A short yet sweet kiss against his lips.

 

"Why are you awake so early?" Siwon asked, arms still holding Kyuhyun while Kyuhyun returned in watering the sunflowers.

"Because you are usually home at this time after a night shift," Kyuhyun replied, a freed hand overlapping Siwon's hands to the skin over him, "How is your work?" 

"Fine, had a peaceful night which is unusual," Siwon reported about his work, "And you? How is your work yesterday? Is your heart alright? You know, you should go to the hospital for a check even though you are not admitting for serious reason..."

"I am fine Siwon," Kyuhyun dropped the water hose with the water running into the grasses and turned around to face Siwon directly as he placed his arms around Siwon's neck, "Work is not giving me any problem and...you here always with me, my heart is even healthier than ever." 

"Fine? Really? No problem?" Siwon still asked though he knew Kyuhyun was telling the truth, "I can refer myself to be your personal doctor you know.. And I will do the check up by my own. Seriously, I can't stand other doctors touching you here and there. They probably have some hidden motive to get closer to you..."

Kyuhyun laughed at Siwon's thoughts and gave a light smack on Siwon's arm, "Looks who is talking huh? The one who made a move on me first?"

Siwon smiled at the sound of Kyuhyun's laughter, and pressed their noses together that their lips were just inches away, "Well, you are just too irresistible for me to stay away."

 

With a smile, Kyuhyun took the initiative to kiss Siwon. A little more pressure that the previous one, and a little more passionate that got them both panting with their mouths opened. Sharing another loving stare and smile, Siwon shoved Kyuhyun back in facing the sunflowers while he resumed his backhug, hooking his chin over Kyuhyun's shoulder. Both watched the blooming of the sunflowers under the morning sun, as though smiling brightly at the pair, thanking them for their care. But the couple is sincerely grateful to the sunflowers being the main reason in bringing them together, despite the venue wasn't an ideal place to start a relationship.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Kyuhyun pointed out with Siwon swaying their bodies side to side as they continued to admire the nature beauty.

"Yes, just like our beautiful love." Siwon smiled as he declared gently, "I love you, Kyu.. The sunflower of my life."

Kyuhyun bashed with his hands overlapping Siwon's hands around him and responded just as sweetly, "I love you too, Siwon. My favourite sunflower.."