CHAPTER 6

MOONLIGHT FLOWER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was dinnertime when Kyungsoo found it weird that Baekhyun didn’t come downstairs for the meal. He set out two empty plates and two pair of utensils on the dining table. Putting on his gloves, he opened the oven and took out the chicken he had prepared for over an hour. He decided to prepare something special for them both tonight as he had never done that before. He poured two glasses of wine and set them on the table as well. He arranged the flowers in the vase and filled it with clean water.

            He looked up at the clock hanging on the wall. It was past 7. Usually, Baekhyun would be complaining how hungry he is and would urge Kyungsoo to cook faster. But that night, he was nowhere near the dining room or the kitchen. Kyungsoo scratched his head. Something has gone terribly wrong. Maybe he’s sick? Kyungsoo asked himself uncertainly.

            “Baekhyun?” he called out towards the stairs. There was no answer. A sudden BANG against walls and doors startled Kyungsoo. His hair stood on end and it sent a shiver down his spine. It triggered a past memory and feeling Kyungsoo couldn’t quite grasp. He put down the dish on the table slowly, as if afraid of making a sound. Slowly, Kyungsoo walked towards the stairs and ascend it carefully.

            “Baekhyun?” he called again, softer this time. Still, there was no answer from Baekhyun. The banging had stopped. The stair creaked and groaned as usual. But seeing that nothing went wrong, Kyungsoo thought that Baekhyun was alright. As he reached the top of the stairs, his eyes darted around in search of Baekhyun. The lights were not lit, which Kyungsoo found strange since Baekhyun was afraid of the dark.

            As Kyungsoo’s eyes scanned the surroundings, he noticed a shadow across the floor where the moonlight had shone in through the window. The shadow rose. It looked just like…

            “Baekhyun!” Kyungsoo yelled as he saw Baekhyun at the corner, clutching his torso and bending over in pain from reasons unknown to Kyungsoo. Baekhyun’s eyes were squeezed shut and his teeth clenched. He did not speak or answer Kyungsoo when Kyungsoo put his hand around his shoulder.

            “Baekhyun, are you alright?” Kyungsoo asked frantically. He did not notice the moon above his head was full and the clouds were starting to disperse around it. Baekhyun groaned and grunted in pain as he knelt on the floor with his knees.

            “Speak to me!” Kyungsoo shook Baekhyun by the shoulders, “What’s happening to you?”

            Baekhyun growled. When he lifted his face to look at Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo saw that his eyes were red. And they were full of thirst. He opened his mouth as if trying to speak. His teeth were starting to grow longer.

            “Go…away…” Baekhyun growled once more. Kyungsoo backed away from him slowly. He was not the Baekhyun he knew anymore. Something’s wrong. Something’s terribly wrong. Kyungsoo retreated towards his bedroom door. And then, everything happened before his eyes.

            Baekhyun threw his head back and howled. The cry was inhuman, and it sounded just like a wolf. It sent chills all over Kyungsoo’s body. Baekhyun’s blonde hair was the first to change. They turned into a darker brown, along with the fur that suddenly grew all over Baekhyun’s body. His ears expanded and became pointy like a wolf’s. His neck grew longer as he fell onto all fours. His hands and legs turned into paws and the claws grew from where his fingernails were, bleeding his fingers. A furry tail grew between his legs. His mouth became a muzzle and the long sharp teeth were starting to show through his opened mouth.

            He howled once more into the full moon. The transformation was complete. The gigantic wolf that was once Baekhyun turned its head and looked at Kyungsoo straight in the eyes. Kyungsoo swallowed hard. He tried locking eyes with the creature standing before him. Kyungsoo held out his hand as calm as he could without trembling too much.

            “Baek…Baekhyun, I’m Kyungsoo,” he tried for a smile but failed, “Recognize me?”

            The wolf only snarled and growled in reply which worried Kyungsoo because that doesn’t seem like a good answer. As the wolf moved nearer and nearer towards Kyungsoo, it held up its paw and was about to slash Kyungsoo. But Kyungsoo was quick enough to escape its claws. He rushed into his bedroom and slammed the door hard before he rummaged through his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter