PROLOGUE

MOONLIGHT FLOWER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Under the bright full moon, the trees rustled and branches cracked. Flowers and mushroom flattened beneath it as it ran by. Its silent paws sounded like thunder as it ran across the soft earth. Tiny creatures scurried back into their holes when they see it approaching. Owls hooted in nearby trees as they perched on branches and watched with gleaming green eyes. It jumped over small rocks and dodged huge logs as it headed towards the edge. The forest fell behind as it reached upon a meadow. The soft grasses looked as if they were shining under the moonlight. They swayed along with the wind of the night.

            Its paws danced on the soft grasses as it made its way to that one huge rock sticking out over the cliff. It climbed onto it and faced the moon. It lifted its head up high. Moonlight gleamed in both of its red eyes. Heaving up its chest, it let out a long howl. It rang across the meadow. Birds flew away from trees and into the sky. Its eerie howl made most creatures of the night cringed and scampered to safety. The howl wasn’t just scary, it sounded especially lonely. As if it was the one and only lone wolf in the woods.

            Dark clouds appeared out of nowhere. They gathered around the moon, blocking its perfect bright light. The light in those red eyes died. Slowly, its silky black fur began to fall off from its body. The wolf stood up with its hind legs as it stared up at the sky. Its paws turned into toes and fingers eventually. It wriggled its nose as its muzzle gradually turned into a human nose and mouth, forming a pair of lips.

            The transformation was completed. He fell down on all fours as he panted heavily. The cloud had swallowed every inch of moonlight, leaving the meadow dark and cold. He wrapped his arms around his body as he shivered uncontrollably. His breath formed white mist. He stumbled across the long grasses until he saw lights in the distance. He needed something warm or else he won’t survive the cold night. Gathering up the rest of his strength, he dragged bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter