CHAPTER 12

MOONLIGHT FLOWER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Its muzzle moved closer and closer to Kyungsoo’s face until its fangs nearly touched his cheeks. It opened its jaw wide and prepared to bite down on Kyungsoo’s head when something jolted inside of it. Kyungsoo felt something wrong and opened his eyes, forgetting that he was just about to die only a moment ago.

The werewolf retreated a few steps, which meant Kyungsoo was now free to move and escape. But he didn’t. He sat there and watched as the werewolf faced towards the moon and let out a long eerie howl. It echoed across the forest. Only then did Kyungsoo realize that the moon was being blocked out by dark clouds.

The werewolf stood up on its hind legs like a human would. The thick dark fur started to fall off its body as if it was shedding skin. Its claws shrunk and became fingers and toes. Its muzzle grew shorter and eventually formed a human nose, along with its face and eyes and ears. The fangs disappeared and were replaced by straight human teeth. It became Jongin again. Jongin collapsed on his knees, panting and out of breath.

            “Oh, no,” Jongin muttered as his eyes widened in realization. Kyungsoo rushed towards him, clutching Jongin by the shoulders.

            “It’s okay, it’s okay,” Kyungsoo comforted him while touching his face.

            “Look at me, I’m alright,” Kyungsoo told him while putting up a smile. But Jongin refused to look at him.

            “No! It’s not okay!” he growled, “Can’t you see that I’ve almost killed you?”

            “It was not you, Jongin,” Kyungsoo said, “And you know it.”

            “It is!” Jongin spun around and looked at Kyungsoo in the eyes, “It is, Kyungsoo.”

            Then, he doubled over as a sudden pain jolted from inside. He hugged his torso and fell to his knees. His breathing became labored.

            “Jongin,” Kyungsoo placed a hand over Jongin’s shoulder, “Are you alright?”

            Jongin lifted his head up to face Kyungsoo. His eyes were bright red. Moonlight shone over the both of them. And Kyungsoo didn’t notice the black fur that were started to sprout out of Jongin’s neck.

            “Run,” Jongin managed to growl through his gritted teeth. Kyungsoo took a few steps back. But he was hesitant. He stood frozen on the ground.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter