CHAPTER 8

MOONLIGHT FLOWER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He was craving for something more than just animal meat. He craved for human blood and flesh. It had been so long and Jongin was hungry. As he finished the rest of the sheep, he hid the bones somewhere deep in the forest and went off to search for more food. He was starving.

            He stumbled back into the village street before he knew it. Suddenly, he heard it. The cries of a baby. His eyes lit up. A baby would be an easy target. He waited for the lights to go out before he climbed in through the window. He made his way stealthily into the baby’s room. Luckily, the baby was sleeping like a log. Careful not to make a sound, Jongin lifted the baby up and carried him in his arms. As stealthily as before, he left the house.

            As he walked towards Kyungsoo’s house, he watched the baby sleeping peacefully in his arms. Something felt wrong. Jongin realized, if he was who he was, he would have torn the baby apart without hesitation or remorse by now. But yet, he was hesitating right now. The baby opened his eyes drowsily and looked up at him. Instinctively, the baby smiled. That little smiled stirred something inside of Jongin. He soothed the baby back to sleep. He looked around the empty street and then back at the baby. He couldn’t kill the baby.

            And he needed help.

            He carefully entered the house after making sure that Kyungsoo wasn’t home yet and placed the baby in a basket and put it on the dining table. He didn’t know what to do anymore. He crawled under the table, shivering out of fear of the unknown. He curled up and hugged his legs close to his chest. There were blood on his hands and mouth from the meal he had before. But he did not care anymore. He buried his face in his knees.

            “And then you came in,” Jongin finished talking about his story. Kyungsoo had an unexpectedly calm look on his face. He had no expressions or whatsoever. Jongin looked at him, expecting some answers from him. But all Kyungsoo did was walk over to the baby, carried him in his arms and walked out of the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter