CHAPTER 1

MOONLIGHT FLOWER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baa…Baa…

            The sheep in the fence cried out as they ran around playfully. Jongin’s eyes were fixated on them, watching their every move and breathing in their scent. Unintentionally, he his lips out of habit. He immediately shut his mouth tight as his eyes darted everywhere in fear that he might be watched. When he was sure nobody was looking, he relaxed.

            “Here, I brought you these!”

            His voice startled Jongin as he jumped slightly. Kyungsoo came from around the corner of the house holding a basket of grapes and grinned ear to ear at Jongin. He pushed the basket towards Jongin, insisting him to try them. Jongin looked at the fruit hesitantly. He mind raced. He did not recall knowing anything of this kind.

            “This is grape, see?” Kyungsoo picked one up and threw it into his mouth with one bite. The juice trickled down his chin. It was red.

            Like blood, Jongin thought.

            “We use this to make red wine too,” Kyungsoo added, “You’ll be amazed when you try that. I’m going to save some of these to make wine later.”

            He left the basket beside Jongin and left to pick some more at the yard just behind his house. Jongin watched as Kyungsoo went further and further into the woods. He glanced over to the sheep, and then to the grapes. He picked one up with his finger and plopped it into his mouth. He chewed slowly. The refreshing juice trickled down his throat, quenching his thirst with a sweet taste. Jongin’s eyes lit up and he wondered why he had never tried this kind of food before. Without him knowing, his hands kept sending grapes into his mouth in lightning speed.

            When Kyungsoo came back holding another basket full of grapes, he looked at Jongin and nearly dropped the basket he was holding. The basket in Jongin’s hands was already half empty and his lips were smeared purple red with grape juice.

            “I thought you didn’t like it?” K

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter