CHAPTER 5

MOONLIGHT FLOWER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Look over there,” Kyungsoo pointed towards one of the constellations on the dark sky, “That’s Aries.”

            Kyungsoo and Jongin lay with their backs on the soft grass and their hands behind their heads. Since Jongin had always hid himself in the house ever since his arrival, Kyungsoo wanted Jongin to see how beautiful the night sky can be. Jongin smiled and laughed as Kyungsoo taught him how to recognize the horoscope star signs and told him stories about them.

            Kyungsoo shuddered when Jongin’s head suddenly rubbed against his slightly. Kyungsoo looked at him. The lights from a thousand stars reflected in Jongin’s large round eyes. It was as if his eyes were made out of galaxies. And Kyungsoo had to pinch himself to avoid falling into them.

            “I…I never knew,” Jongin started, sounding very nervous and timid, “…nights can be so beautiful.”

            “Oh, you haven’t seen the moon,” Kyungsoo added. But Jongin only turned away. The crescent moon hung high in the black sky, its light illuminating their skin and everything else below it. It was a breathtaking view. But Jongin couldn’t bear to lay his eyes on it.

            “I’m tired,” he suddenly said, “I…I think I need to rest.”

            Jongin got up and headed for the house. Kyungsoo turned and watched as his silhouette disappeared into the house. He sighed heavily as he lay back with his hands behind his head. The moon stared down at him, as if saying what did I do?

            “What can I do to let him see?”

            Just then, thunder shook across the sky. A single droplet fell upon Kyungsoo’s face. Lightning struck in the distance. Thunder growled again, threatening a heavy downpour. Kyungsoo quickly climbed to his feet and dashed back into the house for shelter. And he found Jongin under the table, biting his nails and trembling.

            “What are you doing down there?”

            “I…I’m afraid of the thunder,” Jongin said quietly. As if on cue, lightning struck across the dark sky outside the window. The sudden light from it made it looked like it was daytime. The sky rumbled and the walls vibrated and echoed. Jongin shivered even more.

            “There, there, it’s okay,” Kyungsoo comforted him, “It’s nothing to be afraid of. This house can protect us from it.”

            Kyungsoo put his hand on Jongin’s and gently pulled him out from under the table. With wobbly legs, Jongin crawled on the floor with all fours. Through his eyes, Kyungsoo could see true fears from them. His eyes were shaking so much Kyungsoo wondered if he could see clearly.

            “Can I sleep with you tonight?” Jongin suddenly asked. He was like a kid wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter