CHAPTER 13

MOONLIGHT FLOWER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo lay on Jongin’s chest for what seemed like forever. Somehow, they both knew that this wasn’t going to last. Not forever. Jongin wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo’s fragile little body and hugged him tight. They enjoyed each other’s company. Even without talking, they can spend their time in each other’s embrace and watched as time passed by.

            They had only each other left. Kyungsoo’s house was gone. There was nothing left for them to do here in the village. No food or water. Their only option was to flee into the forest or anywhere else. This time, it was Kyungsoo’s turn to be afraid. All his life, he had lived in his little house. Not once had he travelled out into the wild. He hugged Jongin tighter, squeezing the air out of him.

            “I’m so sorry that I failed to protect you,” he said softly.

            “And I’m sorry that I nearly killed you,” Jongin said, thinking that it was such a funny thing to say. They laughed for a while over the joke. At least it lightened up their mood a little.

            “If I wasn’t what I am, maybe I wouldn’t have met you,” Jongin said in a serious tone as he looked into Kyungsoo’s eyes. Kyungsoo only nodded slightly as he lay his head back down on Jongin’s chest.

            “What should- what can we do now?” Kyungsoo asked.

            “I don’t know, Kyungsoo,” Jongin replied softly, “I don’t know.”

            The morning sun shone down on the both of them but the thick trees blocked out most of the sunlight. The creatures of the night had disappeared. Little birds flew around the branches and trees, chirping loudly as they sang the morning song. Squirrels played tag on the trees as they jumped from one branch to another, leaping as if they were flying in the air.

            “Would you like to come with me?”

            Kyungsoo lifted his head at Jongin’s sudden question. A smi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter