CHAPTER 2

MOONLIGHT FLOWER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo touched the photo frames standing on the racks. They were filled with happy smiling faces. He was in almost every one of them. The man beside him was different in every photo. He could still remember how he insisted that they take a photo together. Because he knew, they weren’t going to stay around him for long. He closed his eyes slowly and tried to hold the tears in. He touched the photos gently, whispering their names.

            Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Jongdae…

            All of them. They had stayed and they had left. Kyungsoo diverted his eyes from those painful memories as he turned to something else standing just beside the photos. It was that shiny thing that had caught Jongin’s attention earlier.

            Kyungsoo ran his fingers across it, admiring the beauty and feeling the sharpness. The silver color gleamed under the faint moonlight that shone into Kyungsoo’s bedroom. He touched the sharp tip and nearly pricked his finger if he had applied more force. He held it in his hand. It wasn’t very big, just the size of a letter opener. But the sharp edge could penetrate almost anything. And more importantly, it was made of silver.

            Kyungsoo sighed heavily to himself. He could only pray that Jongin didn’t realize what this was. Just to be certain, Kyungsoo turned around to make sure that Jongin was fast asleep in his room opposite from Kyungsoo’s. When he was sure no one was watching, he turned back to his silver dagger. Touching the blade, Kyungsoo was reminded how much blood it had shed.

            He closed his eyes and went into a dreamlike memory. It was so unbelievable that even Kyungsoo didn’t think it was real. He held the dagger close to his heart and hoped that Jongin wasn’t one of them. But the signs are undeniable, Kyungsoo told himself silently.

            They came very much like how Jongin did. They came like the winter breeze, left their warm breaths against his window and fell upon his door. Maybe it was fate or maybe it was simply because Kyungsoo’s house was the nearest to the woods, he wasn’t sure.

            He can still hear his deep voice in his ears as he recalled their first meeting. He was covered with leaves and twigs as he desperately wanted to warm his cold body. He had just enough strength to knock on Kyungsoo’s door before collapsing and falling into unconsciousness. Kyungsoo had opened the door to find a surprisingly huge person at his doorstep. Kyungsoo pulled with all his might until he got the stranger into his house. Then, he realized, he was just tall. But he looked gigantic to Kyungsoo.

            Kyungsoo nursed the stranger back to consciousness with hot chocolate and warm fire. The stranger blinked open his eyes and stare surprisingly at his savior, as if forgetting how he had gotten there. Kyungsoo smiled warmly at him while wiping a warm cloth over his head.

            “How are you feeling?” he asked gently, “I’m Kyungsoo, you knocked on my door, remember?”

            The stranger nodded slowly as his memories started to come back. He propped himself into a sitting position. Kyungsoo noticed his lean and muscular body. And he wondered just what kind of person was he. The stranger fixated his large eyes at Kyungsoo, like a wolf encountering its prey. He opened his mouth to speak. And what Kyungsoo didn’t expect was, his voice warmed him better than a hot chocolate does on a cold winter day.

            “Thank you for saving my life,” the stranger spoke as he pulled Kyungsoo’s hand into his, showing his gratitude. Kyungsoo was rather surprised by his sudden reaction. He smiled back and tried to pull his arm away but the tall stranger was stronger. Kyungsoo laughed nervously before asking.

            “So…what do I call you?”

            Just remembering that he hadn’t introduce himself, the stranger let go of his hand and sat upright, his eyes wide with shock. He paused for a moment as he tried to remember what his name was. Kyungsoo was just going to ask if he had forgotten his name when the stranger answered.

            “CHANYEOL!” he clamped his own mouth, embarrassed by the sudden outburst, “It’s Chanyeol. My name is Chanyeol. Please call me Chanyeol.”

            He spoke as if time was running out and he didn’t even stop to breathe. He smiled broadly and extended his hand towards Kyungsoo for a handshake. Kyungsoo reluctantly placed his hand in Chanyeol’s as he feared he might pull at him again. But this time, Chanyeol was gentle and he shook it briefly before letting it go. His huge hand was warm as they held Kyungsoo’s tiny palm. Kyungsoo quickly turned away when he found himself blushing.

            Chanyeol was going to thank Kyungsoo for his hospitality and left but Kyungsoo – after finding out that Chanyeol didn’t have a home or any idea where he’s going – insisted that he stay.

            “It does feel a little lonely around here.” Kyungsoo had said. Chanyeol had stared down at him with big soft eyes and nodded gently, agreeing to stay. He started as a guest who needed a place to stay. Then, they became friends. And eventually, they went past the friendship borderline.

Kyungsoo had never felt so warm and cozy in his little house until this tall, handsome and mysterious guy came along. Kyungsoo often snuggled close to Chanyeol and fell asleep right in his strong arms. For the first time in his life, he felt protected. He had put his trust entirely on Chanyeol without a single doubt. And Chanyeol will always Kyungsoo’s soft hair and curled them with his long finger before drifting off to sleep.

And then those days came. Kyungsoo noticed how Chanyeol had hidden himself away from Kyungsoo. Almost every morning, Kyungsoo woke up to a half empty bed. And he couldn’t find Chanyeol anywhere in the h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter