CHAPTER 9

MOONLIGHT FLOWER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Knock…knock…

            Kyungsoo opened his bedroom to find Jongin. His eyes were almost pleading, and he had one hand on his stomach, making a circular gesture around it.

            “I’m hungry.”

            “Alright,” Kyungsoo nodded, “You go wait downstairs, I’ll be down in a minute.”

            Within half an hour, Jongin was given a plate of grilled chicken and some bacon and eggs. Although he was hungry, Jongin found that he had no interest to eat the delicious food sitting in front of him. Kyungsoo noticed that he was not touching his food.

            “I thought you said you’re hungry?”

            Jongin shook his head lazily, “I don’t have the appetite anymore.”

            “Try it,” Kyungsoo suggested, “Maybe my cooking will change your mind.”

            He tried to joke to lighten up the mood but Jongin just stared miserably at his food. He did as he was told. He put a small piece of the cooked meat into his mouth. Almost immediately, he began to gag.

            “It’s no use,” he sounded like he was about to cry, “I can’t eat cooked food.”

            “There must be other w-”

            “Stop trying, Kyungsoo,” Jongin said miserably, “You know I can’t. Not anymore.”

            Sadly, Kyungsoo knew it too but he didn’t want Jongin to give up hope. He knew it all too well. He couldn’t stop the memories from flooding back into his mind and the flashback started.

            Jongdae was a very large eater, as Kyungsoo had remembered it. He loved Kyungsoo’s cooking and Kyungsoo always watched as he gobbled down everything on the dining table, leaving Kyungsoo dumbfounded.

            Until one day, he wouldn’t even touch his food. Kyungsoo had specially made his favourite Italian food. But Jongdae only twirled the spaghetti with his fork with no intention of eating it. He was starving, but he had no appetite. Kyungsoo didn’t know what was wrong with him. So Kyungsoo offered to feed him instead, saying that maybe it would make him feel better. Jongdae immediately agreed with a bright smile on his face.

            But later that day, he felt extremely unwell and had thrown up everything he had eaten. Kyungsoo insisted that they find a doctor who could treat Jongdae’s problem. But Jongdae protested again and again.

            It went on for about three days, and Jongdae couldn’t get a thing into his mouth. He lost weight in a matter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter