CHAPTER 4

MOONLIGHT FLOWER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What is that…sound?” Jongin asked as he covered his ears with his hands.

            “Why, it’s music! And you’re supposed to enjoy it, stop covering your ears,” Kyungsoo laughed at him as he continued to play the piano. His fingers flew across the black and white keys gracefully. The harmonious melody filled his ears. Kyungsoo closed his eyes as he drowned himself in the melodious music. All of a sudden, another note joined in. Kyungsoo opened his eyes and saw Jongin pressing onto the keys, trying to imitate Kyungsoo.

            “Come, I’ll teach you,” Kyungsoo took Jongin’s hand and led him to sit in front of the piano. Kyungsoo placed both of Jongin’s hands onto the keys.

            “And…you play it like this, see?”

            Eventually, Jongin could play a few simple notes on the piano. He smiled broadly at his own achievement. Kyungsoo rested his chin on his knuckles as he listened to Jongin play. Jongin would occasionally look over to Kyungsoo, smiling and laughing as he played some lively tunes. And Kyungsoo would nod and smiled back warmly.

            It was the first time in six months since Kyungsoo had touched the piano. All those black and white keys got Kyungsoo thinking about someone, someone dear to him. He remembered those beautiful fingers that had welcomed him into the world of music and melody. Kyungsoo closed his eyes and his flashback started.

             “Baekhyun! How are you doing that?” Kyungsoo exclaimed in surprise as he stared at Baekhyun playing the piano. Baekhyun smiled and shrugged his shoulders.

            “No idea, it just came to me,” Baekhyun replied and continued playing. His slender fingers were as graceful as swans as they danced on top of the keys one by one. Kyungsoo leaned in closer to watch him play.

            “Do you want to learn?” Baekhyun asked suddenly.

            “Oh…I suppose so,” Kyungsoo said hesitantly. And he let Baekhyun take his hands and placed them on the keys. Kyungsoo tried. Each key produced a different note. Kyungsoo tried every one of them happily as he filled the living room with music. Baekhyun seated himself beside Kyungsoo and started playing too. Both of them created a rhythm like no other.

            Kyungsoo found Baekhyun a week ago when he was out walking in the snow. As he neared the lake, Kyungsoo noticed something on top of the frozen surface. Narrowing his eyes, he realized that it was a person. Frantically, Kyungsoo ran across the slippery surface of the thick ice.

            The person was sprawled across the ice, his bare chest against the cold surface. His back was wrapped in some kind of tattered rag. He had a head of messy blonde hair. His cheeks were faintly pink. His nose and ears had turned red. Kyungsoo took a closer look. Even his lips had turned blue from the cold. Kyungsoo just couldn’t leave him out there. So he decided to bring him back into his house.

            The first thing this strange man did when he woke up was searching for something to bite. He nearly bit Kyungsoo’s hand if he hadn’t stopped him in time.

            “What are you doing!” Kyungsoo cried out at the sudden movement as he put his arm away from the stranger. The man seemed to snap out of a trance and calmed down. His eyes came back to life. He looked at Kyungsoo with a weird expression. Kyungsoo was worried that maybe the coldness had injured hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter