Matters

The Series In Our Finale

Vernon was sitting on the furthest part to the right of Han River. He was getting very uneasy. He kept on biting his nails. He went twenty minutes earlier.

"Five more minutes" he whispered as he rub both of his hands together. It was getting chilly and the butterflies in his stomach wasn't helping.

"Vernon?" A timid voice from behind said. He turned around to see where it came from. A smile formed on his lips, "I'm sorry. I'm not late, am I?"

"No, not at all."

"Have you eaten already?" She asked

"Yeah, like an hour ago" he replied a little too awkward, "How about you?"

"I did too"

"Would you....atleast....wanna buy some snacks? You know chips or some soda" he suggested as he got up and dusted his pants off.

"Call" she smiled.

The two went to buy some snacks and drinks. They were too indulged that they didn't notice how they were gradually getting close. They returned to their place telling random stories, joking and laughing as if there's no tomorrow.

"There was also that day when we were doing a count off and Dokyeom said two teen"

Dani burst into laughter, "Seriously?!"

"Yeah, he did" His hand went inside the pack to get a hold of more chips.

The same time that she also did the same thing, making their hands touch each other.

Their eyes met. They were both surprised at the sudden contact.

At that moment, their world slowed down.

5 seconds felt like an hour, 10 seconds felt like a year, and 20 seconds felt like an eternity.

Their eyes remained on each other. If it wasn't for the cold breeze, they wouldn't be able to get back into really.

"I-It's already late" Dani took her hand back and stood, "I have to go back now"

"I wish you haven't forgotten that we live in the same dorm" Vernon laughed as he got up too.

"I don't" She smiled, "It's just that.....I-I have to get something from my house."

"Would you be alright?"

"Of course" she assured him, "Bye, Vernon. See you tomorrow at class" she greeted but as she turned around, Vernon grabbed her wrist, making her face him again, "The thing that I said yesterday night" he breathed, "I was serious"

****

"How many years do you guys need to finish wearing your uniforms?" Sujeong whined.

"I'm done!!" Yeseul ran while combing her hair.

"Make sure you really are!"

"I can just comb my hair on the way"

"Dani! What's taking you so long!!" Sujeong screamed in annoyance.

"You guys can go out first, I'm almost done!!" Dani shouted back.

"Oh my g--What are you doing here?" Yeseul exclaimed as soon as she opened the door. She immediately looked down and combed her hair, thinking she could hide her face, when she saw the unexpected visitor.

"Since we already are official, I thought it would just be proper to go to school together." Mingyu shrugged as he leaned on the wall.

"But I'm with the girls."

"Then I can accompany you three" he smiled, his cute, long fangs showing.

"Yeseul? Who's there?" Sujeong asked as she walked towards the door.

"Uh good morning" Mingyu greeted Sujeong as he stood straight. The latter greeted back and scanned him from head to toe.

Sujeong was about to question him when another figure arrived.

"Uh, is Dani still here?"

"Omg" Yeseul's eyes widened, "Dani!!!!!!!" She called onto her friend.

"Yes yes i'm done" Dani ran towards the door and was surprised at the situation.

"Vernon?"

"Hi" the boy meekly said, "Wanna walk together to school?"

"Thank you but I'll be going with Sujeong and Yeseul"

"Ah no! You can guys go" Yeseul smiled as she pushed Dani to Vernon.

"Ah no! I'll go with you guys. Vernon, we can walk together next time."

"No you go with him!" They bickered.

"HOW ABOUT WE ALL WALK TOGETHER. We're gonna be late!" Sujeong exclaimed as she slammed the door close silencing everyone.

"I knew I should've helped him cancel his sched" Vernon whispered.

"Helped who?" Dani asked as the five of them started walking.

"Seungcheol" He answered and turned to Sujeong, "I was supposed to go here with Seungcheol but unfortunately, he was summoned by our coach" he paused, "He was sorry though"

"I wasn't expecting any apology" Sujeong continued walking at a pace faster than the two partners. She was already getting annoyed with the sight of Mingyu's arm on Yeseul's shoulder, Vernon walking side by side with Dani, hands almost touching and Vernon mentioning Seungcheol's name isn't helping at all.

"I can tell him to walk with you tomorrow!" Vernon suggested.

"He doesn't need to"

"Why? are you avoiding him?" He asked but he got no reply. He was about to ask her once again when Dani hit his arm.

****

The birth of a visual couple!
Class 12-D's Kim Mingyu and Jang Yeseul seen holding hands!

"No......no, no" Dokyeom shook his head, "This isn't true" He turned into his seatmate who was currently sleeping. "Seungcheol! Seungcheol! Cheol!! Cheol!" He shook him until he woke up.

"What tf do you want?" He asked with eyebrows furrowed. Dokyeom shoved his phone to Seungcheol's face. His eyes were still adjusting to the light so he wasn't able to read anything yet when Dokyeom slammed it on his table, "I won't believe any of this unless I hear it from Yeseul herself"

"Fine" He replied as he went back to his sleep.

Dokyeom jumped off from his seat with hopes of finding Yeseul so he can ask it directly from her. He was still looking at the post on his phone when he bumped into someone.

"Ow sorry" he apologized but the boy he just bumped into just ignored him , "Yah Kwon Hoshi! You also have your share in this bumping incident"

"Sorry! I have to hand something in on time" he answered. Dokyeom paused for a second but continued on his mission. Hoshi went inside the room, grabbed the folder on his table and sprinted outside.

"Mingyu, you can let go of my hand now" Hoshi heard someone say. He stopped in his tracks to peep at the locker's area. Something he wished he didn't do.

"There's no point in doing that now" Mingyu grinned as he stared back at her. He took his phone out from his pocket and showed it to the confused Yeseul. Even just the title of the article made her eyes widen.

"When did we--?"

"It doesn't matter to me" he said as he put his phone back to where it was and tightened his grip on her hand, "Atleast we won't be having a hard time whether we hide it or announce it. They did us a favor."

"Let me remind you that you have your fans."

"And so do you" He leaned onto her to peck her lips.

"Look at these idiots" Hoshi whispered while shaking his head. Who knew the article he just saw this morning was true. Seeing this situation, he suddenly forgot the true reason he was rushing. He felt a huge ppang in his heart.

Is this real?

He can't believe his eyes. Everything felt like a nightmare....but he knew he was awake.

"Ah...so this is how my three year crush ends" he said with a shaky voice as he smiled. A sad one.

The dream of the most important girl in his life finally came true. And he promised himself he would support her even though it would hurt him.

Mingyu and Yeseul started hugging each other again so he knew it was already time for him to leave.

But as soon as he turned around, he saw some female 10th graders A.K.A. Mingyu fans who were about to see the worst view for the both of them.

"You're Kim Sohyun, right?" He intercepted the group. The girl nodded her head, confused.

"I'm not sure if you're that Kim Sohyun but the gym teacher wants to see you."

"Ahh.. I'll just get something from my locker" She replied but Hoshi intercepted her again as he placed his elbow on the wall, supporting his head, "It's actually a very immediate command."

"It's okay, Sohyun-ah. We'll get it for you" her friend said.

"Ah no!!" Hoshi exclaimed shocking the other girls, "It's a huge work. I think she'll need your help" The young girls stared at him with judging eyes.

"What? Go!" he commanded them.

"Oh...kay" They said in chorus as they fled.

As soon as the girls were nowhere to be seen, Mingyu and Yeseul came out from the locker area. They were too indulged into each other that they barely noticed Hoshi's presence. It was also his wish not to be seen though. He wouldn't know how to react if ever they took notice of him.

Hoshi stared at the couple's retreating figure as he leaned on the wall, "The things I do for Jang Yeseul" he sighed. He messed his hair.

*****

"MINGHAO MINGHAO NO!!" Seungkwan shouted, "JOSHUA, YOU TRAITOR! WHY DID YOU POINT OUT MY WEAKNESS TO HIM!

"That move was very obvious. Minghao can spot it without my help" Joshua laughed as Minghao agreed. They were currently playing chess but despite everyone in the room being noisy, Sujeong was spacing out.

"Is he your third main problem?"

Sujeong lowered her head.

"Is he?" Wonwoo asked once again. He was eager to know.

"Yes" she answered in a low hesitant voice, "I-I think I'm starting to like him" She was thinking he has the right to know. She was her first bestfriend after all.

"I knew it... I knew it.... I knew it" he repeated those words, the volume of his voice becoming louder. Sujeong was looking at him, a question mark visible on her face. She was getting a bit scared.

Wonwoo took a deep breath, "Sujeong, The thing is that.....I like you.. I have liked you ever since when we're young."

"Wonwoo, you know I--"

Don't answer yet." He placed his finger on her lips, "You said you're just starting to like him, right?" He looked at her eyes directly, "I will do everything for you to change your mind....And I won't stop unless you tell me you love him"


"Cheol!!! Cheol!!! CHEOL!!" Vernon shook Seungcheol from his sleep.

"What?" He asked in annoyance, "Why are you guys bothering me today?!! I haven't slept properly since this morning!"

"Sorry" Vernon apologized as he moved his chair beside Seungcheol, "but look at Sujeong. What do you notice?"

Seungcheol lifted his head and wiped his eyes to have a proper look at her, "Still pretty" he smiled foolishly.

"Not that" Vernon shook his head.

"Sorry, I can't see anything besides her beauty"

"Ew" Dokyeom cringed.

"Look at her! She's spacing out!" Vernon stated.

"She probably has a lot of work to do today" Seungcheol pouted, "My baby"

"Idiot! It's because you didn't walk her to school today! Mingyu accompanied Yeseul and I was with Dani, she got jealous!"

"Really?" Seungcheol placed his hand under his chin.

"Yeah"

"It's because I thought she was avoiding me. Should I walk her tomorrow, then?"

"Obviously??"

"Okay, then...Wait, Did you just call me an idiot?!!"

"Did I?!"

Seungcheol was about to pounce at him when Vernon pointed at Sujeong once again, "Look"

Wonwoo was walking on the center aisle towards his seat but when he reached Sujeong's seat, he placed a bread and a milk.

Dokyeom laughed at the scene, getting the situation. Seungcheol's eyes were throwing daggers. He was turning red in anger both at Wonwoo and Dokyeom who kept on making fun of him.

"Vernon" he tapped him, "I think I'll to have to talk to our roommate"

***

You know, Sujeong and Dani might get mad at me if I would ditch them just to spend every lunch breaks with you"

"Don't worry. This will only be one of the rare times" Mingyu assured her. It's their lunch break yet Mingyu brought her to the restaurant that they would always go to every midnight, "It's just that I won't be able to spend the midnight with you today. I'm gonna miss you" he pouted making Yeseul giggle.

"Talking about Sujeong, Is there something between her and Seungcheol?"

"Believe me, I have NO idea" Yeseul replied, emphasizing the word 'no', "Seungcheol said she likes Sujeong although I'm not sure whether it's mutual"

"Aw, really??" He asked, surprised.

"Yeah apparently, why? Do you know anything"

"Well, Jeon Wonwoo likes her too." Mingyu stated.

"I knew it" Yeseul snapped, "First love, isn't it?!"

"Probably" Mingyu shrugged ,"Do you think Wonwoo has a chance?"

"I don't know" she replied , "I've been friends with her for a long time but I still can't read her mind. Maybe? Because she's happy whenever they meet, he puts her in a good mood but Seungcheol seems to be way more skillful"

"They're too complicated"

"I know right"

"Glad we aren't" he smiled.

"Mingyu..."

"Hmm?"

"Since when did you start liking me?" She asked, her eyes avoiding his, "Did you only like me because I liked you first?"

"Not really" He stirred his coffee, "I don't know. One day, I just woke up and my heart says I like you. How about you?"

"All my life, I never liked anyone except for you"

Mingyu's eyes widened, "Really??"

"Well, I did like some seniors like Kim Minseok, Kim Myungsoo, Kim Taehyung--"

"Looks like you have a thing for Kim's" he laughed.

"I also liked Choi Junhong, Choi Minho, Lee Minhyuk--"

"Okay, stop stop." Mingyu covered his ears, "I don't wanna hear anymore" she chuckled, "But you were different"

He slowly removed his hands from his ears so she continued, "You made me suffer the most" she pinched both sides of his cheeks, "Because of this handsome face, I suffered a lot"

"But you love this handsome face the most"

"I agree" they both laughed as Yeseul removed his hands on his cheeks.