Why

The Series In Our Finale

The door to the girls' bed room opened causing Vernon to stiffen. As soon as they had heard the conversation between Wonwoo and Sujeong, Dokyeom rushed to find Seungcheol.

"Oh" Wonwoo acknowledged Vernon's presence as he stepped outside the room followed by Sujeong.

"Oh hey I'm.....um waiting for Dani" The younger explained when Sujeong laid her eyes in a questioning manner. She nodded her head and pouted, "Dani's already in school though"

"Yeah, I've figured!" he smiled awkwardly, "But Yeseul said she'll bring her back here"

"Why didn't you just follow her to school?" Wonwoo asked.

"Yeseul volunteered first"

"I see... See you at school, then. We'll be going now" Sujeong waved, "Mr. Hwang told me he'd still have class today. Don't be late, okay?"

"Alright" Vernon waved back as the two figures fully went out of sight.

"Even going to school together wow I hope Seungcheol doesn't kill himself" he shook his head. He was now completely alone and as minutes pass, Vernon feels more nauseated. "" He shivered when he heard footsteps. He ran to the staircase to check whose footsteps they were and went even dizzier when he saw her face.

"Hi" Vernon beamed.

"Hi" she smiled back, "Yeseul said you have something to tell me?" Dani asked, her lips forming a pout.

"Ah yes" he gulps trying to calm himself, "Oh wait rather than something to tell you, I have something to propose to you-Oh wait no, not that kind of propose but ahhh..." he scratched his head in frustration, "What I meant is that I.....wanna ask you to go to prom with me...if that's okay for you?" His eyes which were looking straight at her and the suffocating silence made Dani feel like she needed to answer right then and there.

She never liked getting pressure.She haven't even arranged her thoughts about Jihoon, how is she supposed to answer this?

Vernon, on the other side,did not waver. He was still looking at her, his lips quivering. He was patiently waiting for an answer. 

Tic toc tic toc

The ticking of the clock felt like it was for her..... At this point, Dani suddenly can't find herself to form coherent sentences that’s why she just chose to play safe "Can I answer you next time? I'm still....waiting for a sign"

***

The hallway was filled with muffled shrieking and gossiping. Seungcheol was running with a bouquet in his hand. They all knew it would be something related to prom…..

“…..the question is that for who is that bouquet now that Sujeong is already going to prom with Wonwoo” He heard someone say but he just brushed it off. Instead, he stopped a group of students,"Excuse me, Have you seen Kang Sujeong?"

"We haven't, sorry"

“Oh..okay” they bowed to each other. Seungcheol continued running until he arrived at the cafeteria. The same scenario was seen but this time, a certain conversation caught his attention.

"Hot News! Kang Sujeong and Jeon Wonwoo are going to be partners for prom!!!"

"I heard that too!!!"

"Is that for real?!"

"Yeah! I even saw them go to school together this morning!!"

"Even walking to school together??? OMG my ultimate ship!!" they shrieked. Seungcheol stopped in his tracks. He was trying to digest what he just heard. His hands trembled. It felt like everything stopped that he didn't even notice Yeseul and Mingyu walking in front of him.

"Hey Choi Seungcheol!!" Yeseul punched him on the shoulder, making him go back to his senses.

"Oh hey, I've heard Sujeong's going to prom with Wonwoo?" He asked,his fingers crossed. He wanna make sure for the last time but he didn't want Sujeong to be the one confirming it to him….he just might not be able to handle it.

"Hmm I've heard that too" Yeseul tried her best to deliver her answer in a way that won't hurt Seungcheol that much. She looked at his grip and noticed the flowers, "Are you...still going to pursue her?"

Different from what they expected, Seungcheol laughed, "Why would I? Didn’t you just say she’s already going with Wonwoo?"

"Really??? Then who are those flowers for?" Mingyu asked.

“It's for....." he's thinking. He needs to think fast! And as if on cue, a familiar girl walked behind the couple who is currently in a conversation with him, "It's for Kim Minkyung"

"KIM MINKYUNG?!" Yeseul screamed in disbelief.

"Yes! Kim Minkyung" he grinned, "You know, I....I gotta go" with that, he flee Leaving the two in a state of shock.

“Isn’t she the girl whose mother rented the whole dorm for us?” Mingyu asked as Yeseul nodded, still confused.

“Is he really going for Kim Minkyung?!” She said in disbelief as they watch him run away.

But Mingyu just raised an eyebrow at her.

“I mean from Kang Sujeong to Kim Minkyung?!”

“Didn’t you use to compliment her before? You even called her an angel” Mingyu teased, his hands imitating angel wings.

“That was before I knew she has a thing with Seungcheol”

“It isn’t her fault if Seungcheol wants to ask her to prom” He grinned ang cupped her cheeks, “I wouldn’t like it if people question me why would I go to prom with you”

Yeseul pouted, “I don’t know…It’s just weird. I already got used to Seungcheol running after Sujeong.”

“Don’t get yourself too worked up because of that” Mingyu giggled as they walked their way to one of the tables in the cafeteria. They sat down as Mingyu unpacked the lunchbox set full of kimbap, “So what did he say?”

“Hmm?” she hummed as she took a bite.

“Hoshi..”

“Ah…” her face drooped, “He said he wants to move on. I feel so sorry. Trust me! I had no idea he has feelings for me”

Mingyu nodded, understandingly.

“I just hope someday he can forgive me….us. I want to see the smiling Hoshi again. The one who’s always noisy….I mean even though he’s always teasing me…Even though he’s always getting on my nerves, he’s still my friend.” She paused, “Don’t get me wrong, Mingyu. I-I just miss the old Hoshi

***

“AH!!!!!!” the bottle of softdrinks crashed on the ground.

“You scared me!!” Dokyeom shouted at Vernon, “What’s happening? Why did you throw the bottle?!”

Vernon groaned, “I can’t believe this” He shook his head rapidly.

“Have you gone mad?” Dokyeom looked at him. The two of them are sitting on one of the benches on the field and boy do they look really weird right now.

Dokyeom looked up and saw their other friend. He ran up to him and dragged the boy, “Hey hey! Seungcheol! Something’s wrong with Vernon! He broke that bottle there!! Do you see that he—“

Seungcheol grabbed the bottle next to him and threw it next to the shards of glass that Vernon made.

“OH MY GFODTSJO!! WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH YOU TWO?!!” Dokyeom shrieked.

Seungcheol sat beside Vernon, the two sharing the same expression.

“Have you two gone mad? Huh? Or…or is this some kind of a prank? Oh my god, is it my birthday already?” Dokyeom took his phone out and realized his birthday is still a month away.

“Let’s drink?” Seungcheol nudged the boy beside him.

Vernon looked at him with bored eyes as he nodded.

“Midnight market” Seungcheol mumbled as the two of them got up. Dokyeom was only able to scratch his head.

***